Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Any tips for easing the effect of static?

I get static shocks quite a bit.. especially when in a car but I can live with it.

The problem is with the horse, the one who has to wear the big blanket for his allergy

When we take the blanket off both he and I get really sharp shocks. At least I know what is happening but as he doesn't have a clue he thinks I am hurting him the poor boy.

Any tips as to how I might ease the static?

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile no static

Sprinkle him with some drops of water from a CLEAN squirt bottle before you take the blanket off. Squirt 'im sort of all over but just a few drops in various spots. Give him a pat and some kind words while ya do it.

Or. touch your keys to various spots on the blanket as you're taking it off of him. This is a little less effective than the water but ought to still work to discharge the static.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh thanks for that... a simple idea. I don't think he would take kindly to an earth rod being attached to him...

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

Try both ideas out and see which works best!

Must be dry weather right now. Static is rarely a problem in the Southeastern U.S. except in the dead of January and February LOL.

Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    Oh thanks for that... a simple idea. I don't think he would take kindly to an earth rod being attached to him...
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    I get static shocks quite a bit.. especially when in a car but I can live with it.
    When I was a young boy I used to wear those slick- soled leather shoes to church. They had just installed a new carpet, and shufffling my feet along that I could build up such an incredibly strong stactic charge that my hair was standing straight up and out, like some juvenile mad scientist! My favorite way to discharge it was to hold my finger about an inch away from this wrought- iron handrailing, and move it closer and closer until I was about half an inch away and a miniature lightning bolt would arc between the rail and my finger! Hurt like a mo-fo, but it was funnier than hell! Me and my little buddies would shuffle around building up these huge charges, then sneak up behind the girls and touch the back of their ears..... which would result in a loud electrical "snap!" and an ensuing scream! I got my hide tanned more than once for that.... but such fun it was!

Sorry, Whatanejit.... I don't have any tips for easing your horse's discomfort, but partsRheavy seems to have good advice for you.

Thanks for making me remember fun times with electricity!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fabric softner (on the blanket)...I know nothing about horses (other than they bite and don't want me sitting on them)and have never seen anything like that getup he's wearing so I must ask what does it do? If you added a cape he'd look like a super hero.

And what's on his feet?
    Last edited by jellodirt; 07-26-2009 at 06:28 PM.
    "Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous. I've always remembered that, how being dangerous was sacred, a badge of honor." - Act Of Valor

TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TooSlow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Years ago, I had a small stable of horses and sometimes had static issues, as well as dry skin. You could try to dillute and spray fabric softener on the inside of her blanket prior to putting it on. It may help the static from building up quite as bad. You could also run your hand/arm inside of the blanket while taking it off. That way, you become the static discharger and you don't have the unpleasant pointed discharges. Hope you find the right solution. Be well and breathe deep.

a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000) a_miller_76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dunno about the horse. But when you're getting out of the car grab the metal of your door BEFORE you slide out. The sliding across the seat fabric is what causes the build up of static electricity. If you ground your hand by holding the door before you slide across the seat you don't build anything up therefor negating the shock.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just buy a can of static-gard.
    Time To Re-Schedule

You are welcome Charles Great story!

Fabric softner (on the blanket)...I know nothing about horses (other than they bite and don't want me sitting on them)and have never seen anything like that getup he's wearing so I must ask what does it do? If you added a cape he'd look like a super hero.
    And what's on his feet?

Ahhh, fabric softner, that might help indeed. The rug is due a wash soon.
    He has an allergy to fly bites. So bad he was biting and scratching himself so his flesh was hanging off and bleeding. http://www.sweet-itch.co.uk/
    They are called over reach boots on his feet. His feet are huge with him being part clydesdale. His back legs sometimes reach far forward when he is galloping and catch the front feet. This can be dangerous if he caught a tendon and would lead to permanent lameness.

Too Slow: another vote for fabric softner thanks. I've tried running my hand up the inside and we both feel the shocks and hear them... so he still associates them from me.

Thanks for the tip Miller.

Tyrbo.. i didn't no such a thing existed... I'll keep an eye out thanks.

Darn I wish I knew how to mulitquote properly.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

You are welcome Charles Great story!

And what's on his feet?

Ahhh, fabric softner, that might help indeed. The rug is due a wash soon.
    He has an allergy to fly bites. So bad he was biting and scratching himself so his flesh was hanging off and bleeding. http://www.sweet-itch.co.uk/
    They are called over reach boots on his feet. His feet are huge with him being part clydesdale. His back legs sometimes reach far forward when he is galloping and catch the front feet. This can be dangerous if he caught a tendon and would lead to permanent lameness.

Too Slow: another vote for fabric softner thanks. I've tried running my hand up the inside and we both feel the shocks and hear them... so he still associates them from me.

Thanks for the tip Miller.

Tyrbo.. i didn't no such a thing existed... I'll keep an eye out thanks.

Darn I wish I knew how to mulitquote properly.
    Click the middle icon to the immediate lower right, and it turns red. Click all the ones you want to quote, and they all turn red. Then hit reply and it will quote them for you in the order you clicked them.

OK, I worked several years in a tape and cd store and we had a problem of walking up to the cash register on carpet and then touching it. The shock sometimes made the electronic memory go blank. Bought a can of static-gard and sprayed it on the floor, and it really worked (until it dried up or foot traffic rubbed it off) but we had to keep spraying it on every once in a while. It's only temporary.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Originally Posted by Tyrbolift View Post
    Click the middle icon to the immediate lower right, and it turns red. Click all the ones you want to quote, and they all turn red. Then hit reply and it will quote them for you in the order you clicked them.

OK, I worked several years in a tape and cd store and we had a problem of walking up to the cash register on carpet and then touching it. The shock sometimes made the electronic memory go blank. Bought a can of static-gard and sprayed it on the floor, and it really worked (until it dried up or foot traffic rubbed it off) but we had to keep spraying it on every once in a while. It's only temporary.
    Thanks