Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10)

female mesomorphs

please post your pics. i'd like to compare ur body type with mine. thanks. also mixed meso types as well.

thanks!

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My pics don't really give you the best idea of my body type because of the angles and such, but ive always considered myself meso because I have held more muscle than your average female ever since I was a kid. I have also always weighed around 10-15lbs heavier than I look due to my body composition.

I remember in 7th grade weighing 135ish and all of the girls in my gym class were like "no way, that must be wrong, you look 120"

soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ditto on what famegirl said ^^^ Going to amusement parks, I ALWAYS win that "Guess my weight" game! 100% of the time...
    I believe I am a pretty typical meso - naturally athletic, wide shoulders, gain muscle & gain fat equally if eating over maintenance, very proportionate physique...LOVE my bodytype, except for my thick waist - the bane of my existence!
    Live life, lift heavy and be happy..Oh! And BSavage too!
    ~Angimal

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think I would fall into that category, though I also have ectomorphic features. I have broad shoulders and a fairly athletic body type, but I have a smaller frame size and finer bones than a typical meso. Lots of pictures in my profile, though the "before" pictures aren't an accurate representation of my true body type since getting to that point wasn't natural at all. But my recent pictures give a better idea.

I've always had a boxy body shape. No matter what my weight my shoulders are exceptionally broad, my waist is wide from the front, and there is almost no flare at the hip. I'm just straight up-and-down. I think I build mass easier than a true ectomorph, but maybe not quite as easily as a true mesomorph. I think I'm in the middle, maybe leaning slightly more towards meso.
    Last edited by heidismommy; 07-20-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    On a mini-cut, then onto maintenance mode for the summer.

blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) blue.jaye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by soleuvanathlete View Post
    I believe I am a pretty typical meso - naturally athletic, wide shoulders, gain muscle & gain fat equally if eating over maintenance
    Same!
    I'm not as proportionate however.. I have longer legs and a short torso.. so I often wear pants lower.. real low, to elongage my body!!
    But wow.. wide shoulders, and the gaining muscle/fat thing.. we gotta be careful with what we eat!
    ::Yep::

"A bad day for your ego is a great day for your soul." -J.M

TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TampaGurlFL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face body types

Originally Posted by haven-lily View Post
    please post your pics. i'd like to compare ur body type with mine. thanks. also mixed meso types as well.

thanks!
    *Definition: The mesomorph- large chest, long torso, solid muscle structure and very strong.

I think that is me...except you won't see any ab profile pics of me (kudos to those who posted before me!) I am working on it though.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly!

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soleuvanathlete View Post
    Ditto on what famegirl said ^^^ Going to amusement parks, I ALWAYS win that "Guess my weight" game! 100% of the time...
    I believe I am a pretty typical meso - naturally athletic, wide shoulders, gain muscle & gain fat equally if eating over maintenance, very proportionate physique...LOVE my bodytype, except for my thick waist - the bane of my existence!
    Sounds just like me!

Originally Posted by TampaGurlFL View Post
    *Definition: The mesomorph- large chest, long torso, solid muscle structure and very strong.

I think that is me...except you won't see any ab profile pics of me (kudos to those who posted before me!) I am working on it though.
    You'll get there. You've got killer legs!

TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheAmazon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    erm...i think i am, although you might not be able to tell with the fat, although i do have the long torso, broad shoulders, and the smaller hips, i've always had a good amount of natural muscle and strength, but had low self esteem and a sweet tooth.

I've been curious of myself to find pictures of female mesomorphs in better shape than i so i could do some comparisons.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always considered myself a mesomorph.
    ^_^

haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10) haven-lily is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks ladies. well i have alot of similarities with most of you. i'm thinking i might me a meso.

my body is pretty proportionate all round, nothing stands out really, athletic i guess. i have wide shoulders. i have been able to gian muscle on a calorie deficit also. my back showed the most improvement and it got alot wider. i am curious as to my bodytype! i took the bodytype quiz here and it said i'm a meso.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meso here.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm somewhere between and ecto and a meso.

I'm only 5'4" but have long limbs compared to my torso. People often think I'm taller than I am until they stand right next to me. I have smaller joints, and shoulders are pretty wide compared to my hips. I gain and lose fat easily...don't have a problem keeping my weight in check, but am not naturally super-lean (tendency to be "skinny-fat" if I follow my natural instincts). Have been told I need to gain weight more than once in my lifetime.

I'm better at endurance cardio than sprints. Cardio is not important when it comes to having a decent body composition (but would probably be useful as a temporary measure to take my body comp to an extreme). General ecto guidelines of slower workout pace, using heavier weights and getting more rest days have done the most for me but short periods of using more intense methods benefit me as well (long periods of such activity can backfire though...I have to monitor what's happening with my strength because as that starts to go, I can expect a negative chain of events to follow...LOL).

I have a tendency toward not having an appetite but lose strength and lean mass (and I guess overall bodymass) easily if not properly fed. I can't let my nutritional habits get too sloppy for too long.

IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IronCitGrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have no idea what I would be classified as. Definitely not an ectomorph! My body gains fat really easily. I think that I have wider hips though and a long torso and my legs tend to be a little on the stumpy side. Maybe I'm an endomorph?

nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000)
    LOL am I the only person who can admit that i'm NOT a mesomorph?

I definately have more muscle than I used too, but I've always had long, lanky arms and legs, and a long torso. Bony elbows, chest, shoulders and back. Don't put fat on very easily, and takes me no time to burn off any that I have put on.

But I think I've come a long way when it comes to strength training. I can do several consecutive push-ups (real ones) and am working on my chin-ups. My legs are naturally quite strong.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think of myself as a mesomorph, maybe with some endomorphic tendencies. However, when I am not eating too much, I am not gaining fat. I am gaining muscle pretty easily, with moderate weights. I am not in the best shape definitely, I am sure, I could look much better, but I am still trying to figure out how everything works.

Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tina7578 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I weigh in the 170's and always have been guessed closer to the 140's. I'm totally the typical meso ... athletically built with wide shoulders and a narrow waist (I have quite the v-taper going on), and I easily gain muscle mass, but also gain fat quite easily when I don't watch my eating habits. I love everything about my body except my muffin top ... I'm working on that though

Ms.Q has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I'm an endo-meso blend. I have trouble losing fat, but when I gain it pretty even all over. I have wide shoulders and a small waist.

I also think I have trouble gaining muscle, but then again, I haven't ever tried very hard!

There are couple progress pics in my profile if you're curious.

swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250) swindled has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think Im somewhere between a meso and an endo. I can lose bodyfat pretty quickly when watching my diet. I also keep my strength and gain lean mass really easily, but I also can gain fat pretty easily if I dont watch my diet and eat a lot of refined foods. I also seem to plateau at higher bodyfat percentages than most, even when I was training twice a day, I only got down to 18% (although not going to lie, my diet wasnt exactly great ).

Im also fairly strong for someone my size and I weigh more than most would figure when they just see me.

annamaywilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Big

I'm just BIG and always have been. I suppose that means I'm a meso that has always been a little on the big side? I was a successful basketball/volleyball/softball player in high school, always had weight-lifting and athletic classes each day through college, and have worked out since then, so I have never been obese until recently. I was just never the 'skinny girl'. Healthy and strong is how I'd describe how I was.

Then I had my second and third children and the only thing I have left from my athletic days are the experiences . I'm working at getting it back. Soon I'll post progress pictures. I'd say I'm a meso.

5'10 and went from 200 to 175, wondering if I can ever break 160 (my goal is 19% bodyfat by the end and then to maintain that.)
    "It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line." (by ?)

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I took kinesiology, we learned the following for body types:

Mesomorph
    connective/muscle tissue predominant
    athletic
    broad shoulders
    dense skeleton
    efficient cardiovascular and muscular system
    great strength and endurance
    great posture
    tightly strung
    poor flexibility

Endomorph
    endocrine tissue predominant
    weight evenly distributed (round)
    shoulders wider than hips
    good endurance and muscular system and flexibility
    in between ectomorph and mesomorph
    excel in relaxation
    efficient digestion system (easier to gain weight)

Ectomorph
    nervous tissue predominant
    long bones ? less dense
    narrow
    slightly wider hips/shoulders
    inefficient cardiovascular system
    puberty later
    flexible
    fast/inefficient digestion
    low blood pressure
    high heart rate
    poor endurance
    sensitive to stimuli
    bad posture
    long ligaments ?loosely strung?
    quick, fast movements
    relaxation difficult
    tension

That being said, I am mostly an ectomorph that has a few mesomorphic features.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am allll ectomorph. I suppose that is fine for girls who idolize Paris Hilton's gangly arms, but it makes bodybuilding quite difficult. I am jealous of mesomorphs!

FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FemFitale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by haven-lily View Post

thanks!
    I think I'm about as meso as they come. Been stocky my whole life! soccer legs, big arms, abs even when I retain water. i'm 5'1 and 112 at contest weight, but I maintain around 124.

My fiance is an ectomorph, and so before I got into bodybuilding I was always so jealous of how hard he has to try to gain weight while I stayed stocky. Now that I'm a bodybuilder, I see it from a new perspective and see that in this world, I have the advantage. I watch him struggle to keep his weight up there while for me it's not as much effort. my bulking cycles are a little easier than his, too.

I'm smaller than you, so i'm not sure how much help i'll be--but pm me and I can send you contest pics.
    I am not a maiden fair, and I am not a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere. --Ani

Registered User iKoniConSciencE's Avatar
    iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50) iKoniConSciencE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm a total mesamorph: I have wide shoulders to the point of where my dad would comment on them non stop when I was a kid. I've always been good at sports, have excellent muscular endurance, and have always been naturally strong. When I started weight training, my noob gains were fabulous. I can either gain or lose weight without much of a problem and if I gain weight, it isn't all chub. I've noticed a lot of you mesamorph ladies said you have thick waistlines... I do, too. I used to HATE my perceived "blocky" body type and wonder why I couldn't have smaller, more feminine shoulders, thinner thighs (didn't know what to do about 'em, either... they were thicker than I wanted, but firm as hell), and more of a soft, hourglass-style figure (or at least tinier bones).

I have pics in my profile. Most of us do
    My glass isn't half full, nor is it half empty. It's just a glass. And I'm damn glad just to HAVE that glass at all!

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SophieM View Post

Mesomorph
    athletic
    broad shoulders
    dense skeleton
    great posture
    tightly strung
    poor flexibility

Endomorph
    excel in relaxation

Ectomorph
    long bones ? less dense
    narrow
    puberty later
    flexible
    low blood pressure
    high heart rate
    poor endurance
    sensitive to stimuli
    bad posture
    quick, fast movements
    relaxation difficult
    tension

Wow, I've got all the mesomorph characteristics with just 2 endo characteristics and ONE ecto characteristic (my high heart rate). I WAS once told I'm a meso-meso-endo, hehe, sorta like the directions NNW, SSW, etc. Poor flexibility really takes the cake, I've had crappy flexibility ever since I was a kid, ever since I can remember. Most normal folks don't think I weigh what I weigh either. Most people are gonna be a mix, some perhaps even equally mixed, most will not fall into all of one category. Interesting stuff.

Ah yes, the waist issue some of you have mentioned, yeeaahh, same here. The smallest my waist EVER was, even at 120 lbs, was 27 inches. Now it's 28 inches, in my avatar pic it was 29 inches!

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by maturepoet View Post
    I think I'm about as meso as they come. Been stocky my whole life! soccer legs, big arms, abs even when I retain water. i'm 5'1 and 112 at contest weight, but I maintain around 124.

My fiance is an ectomorph, and so before I got into bodybuilding I was always so jealous of how hard he has to try to gain weight while I stayed stocky. Now that I'm a bodybuilder, I see it from a new perspective and see that in this world, I have the advantage. I watch him struggle to keep his weight up there while for me it's not as much effort. my bulking cycles are a little easier than his, too.

I'm smaller than you, so i'm not sure how much help i'll be--but pm me and I can send you contest pics.
    Originally Posted by iKoniConSciencE View Post
    I'm a total mesamorph: I have wide shoulders to the point of where my dad would comment on them non stop when I was a kid. I've always been good at sports, have excellent muscular endurance, and have always been naturally strong. When I started weight training, my noob gains were fabulous. I can either gain or lose weight without much of a problem and if I gain weight, it isn't all chub. I've noticed a lot of you mesamorph ladies said you have thick waistlines... I do, too. I used to HATE my perceived "blocky" body type and wonder why I couldn't have smaller, more feminine shoulders, thinner thighs (didn't know what to do about 'em, either... they were thicker than I wanted, but firm as hell), and more of a soft, hourglass-style figure (or at least tinier bones).

I have pics in my profile. Most of us do
    Ah... see.... now THIS^^ is why I keep coming here (one reason anyway), I feel so at home!! I feel like a freak sometimes depending on where I am out in public because I'm so much thicker than 99% of the usual women off the street, heck, even in my gym, at least during the times that I go, but at least it seems a little more socially acceptable there.

But why is it that we thicker/athletic/sporty types are so FEW and FAR BETWEEN??? It sucks!

heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000) heidismommy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SophieM View Post

Mesomorph
    athletic
    broad shoulders
    dense skeleton
    great posture
    tightly strung
    poor flexibility

Endomorph
    excel in relaxation

Ectomorph
    long bones ? less dense
    narrow
    puberty later
    flexible
    low blood pressure
    high heart rate
    poor endurance
    sensitive to stimuli
    bad posture
    quick, fast movements
    relaxation difficult
    tension

I always thought ectomorphs had narrower shoulders and hips, not wider ones. I know that most illustrations of ectos portray sloping shoulders and a very narrow frame all over.

Anyway, I see more ectomorph qualities in me according to the above than I do mesomorph qualities, though they definitely overlap and I do see both. The biggest thing that struck me are the features such as: sensitive to stimuli, relaxation difficult, tension, low blood pressure, and nervous tissue predominant. That is *totally* me unfortunately.

powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000) powerbarsssssss is just really nice. (+1000)
    For a "mesomorph" (I hate to call myself that because I never feel big enough to be considered one) I have a moderately high heart rate and non existent endurance. I suppose my cardiovascular system is that of an ectomorph. However, I would say I have the musculature of a mesomorph.

Edit: Kim, as always, I'm admiring your physique. I wish I had half your dedication, you are amazing!
    Last edited by powerbarsssssss; 07-23-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone else wanting to beat down the pure mesos here? "I put on muscle so easy...blah, blah, blah..." Screw you guys.

Originally Posted by heidismommy View Post
    I always thought ectomorphs had narrower shoulders and hips, not wider ones. I know that most illustrations of ectos portray sloping shoulders and a very narrow frame all over.
    Maybe it's important to figure out "slightly wider than WHAT?" LOL I've always been under the impression that pure ectos were pretty straight up and down (or narrow all over). Maybe they mean slightly wider than the waist with "slight" being they key word.

Anyway, I see more ectomorph qualities in me according to the above than I do mesomorph qualities, though they definitely overlap and I do see both. The biggest thing that struck me are the features such as: sensitive to stimuli, relaxation difficult, tension, low blood pressure, and nervous tissue predominant. That is *totally* me unfortunately.
    What's your body like untrained (prior to your ED)? I think that's how you have to guage your body type. I think most people here are working toward FAKING pure mesomorph.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post

Maybe it's important to figure out "slightly wider than WHAT?" LOL I've always been under the impression that pure ectos were pretty straight up and down (or narrow all over). Maybe they mean slightly wider than the waist with "slight" being they key word.
    http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...endomorph.html

According to the above sites, as well as other sites I've viewed, ectomorphs have small shoulders.

Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    What's your body like untrained (prior to your ED)? I think that's how you have to guage your body type. I think most people here are working toward FAKING pure mesomorph.
    That's a good point. Prior to the development of the eating disorder I ate as much of whatever I wanted, didn't exercise much at all, and hovered right around 100 lbs. "Skinny-fat" as is familiar around here, but most people described me as thin or tiny. I have a small bone structure, have never been above a size 0, in part because of my frame size (it's easier to get an accurate picture of my size in person).

Good point about faking it. I think with hard work any of the body types can improve, it's just easier for a pure mesomorph to put on muscle, much harder for an ectomorph to put on weight or any kind, and hard for an endomorph to shed body fat. But with hard work and proper nutrition any of the above ****totypes can participate in bodybuilding (or whatever else they desire). I've seen it done quite a bit around here---taking the body type you're born with and making the best of it with proper training and intake based on how quickly/hard you gain.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...endomorph.html

According to the above sites, as well as other sites I've viewed, ectomorphs have small shoulders.
    That's more along the lines of what I'm used to seeing on the subject, too...

That's a good point. Prior to the development of the eating disorder I ate as much of whatever I wanted, didn't exercise much at all, and hovered right around 100 lbs. "Skinny-fat" as is familiar around here, but most people described me as thin or tiny. I have a small bone structure, have never been above a size 0, in part because of my frame size (it's easier to get an accurate picture of my size in person).

Good point about faking it. I think with hard work any of the body types can improve, it's just easier for a pure mesomorph to put on muscle, much harder for an ectomorph to put on weight or any kind, and hard for an endomorph to shed body fat. But with hard work and proper nutrition any of the above ****totypes can participate in bodybuilding (or whatever else they desire). I've seen it done quite a bit around here---taking the body type you're born with and making the best of it with proper training and intake based on how quickly/hard you gain.
    Regardless of how you seem to be leaning more toward the ecto description, you've obviously got quite a few mesomorhic traits, cuz you're doing great!