JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)

Walter Croncite dies

He died at 92. I actually thought he died a long time ago.

gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000) gun-G is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JolietKev View Post
    He died at 92. I actually thought he died a long time ago.
    I wonder if they'll spell his name right on the tombstone. That and joining forces with jane fonda against our military dring the Vietnam conflict.
    Carpe Diem, BABY

Threadweaver- Psyche Hero hochspeyer's Avatar
    hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hochspeyer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "... and that's the way it is."

Wasn't his tagline?

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by gun-G View Post
    I wonder if they'll spell his name right on the tombstone. That and joining forces with jane fonda against our military dring the Vietnam conflict.
    I personally never had any use for the man, I do pray for his family in their time of sorrow. But for me anyway he had the blood of thousands of men on his hands and deserves no place of honor in America.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archi....html#comments
    Was friends with Methuselah

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow!!! I came to this thread expecting all praisees for Cronkite, and, instead, I got reality! Once again, the OV35 Forum does not disappoint! While giving respect to the man's passing and to the grief of his family, I agree whole heartedly that he did a great disservice to "journalism" and is, in part, some of the reason that journalism is dead these days.

Cronkite couldn't help but to go beyond reporting the facts; he had to add his own editorial slants and incorporate them into the facts as if that's how the story SHOULD be told. Instead of saying "That's the way it is..." He should have said, "That's the way I think it should be...."

He totally skewed the facts when reporting on the Vietnam War. He called it "Lost," when he had no earthly business doing so. I'm also pretty sure it was Cronkite who gave a speech to a bunch of young, aspiring reporters and said something like, "The job of a journalist is to provide comfort to the discomforted and to cause discomfort to the comfortable..."

That's pure bull****!! A journalist should work to find the facts and report them. That's it. This guy's monster ego made him think that he should feed people the facts as HE wanted them to be. Just watch our "respected" journalists of today....Katie Couric, Anderson Cooper, etc....All of them report what are SUPPOSED to be straight news stories with their own slanted agenda.

That's Walter Cronkite's legacy.
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson