sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)

Careers in fitness/nutrition other than personal training

What sort of other careers are there, aside from being a personal trainer? I am interested in pursuing something in the exercise health field, I'm sort of at the "exploration" stage. What sort of careers do not require a university undergrad degree? I already have one (Education - ESL). I'd be open to a post-grad diploma or MA but I really... don't want to. I don't have the undergrad courses for it anyways LOL.

I love nutrition and I love to cook. I know being a dietician requires a min of an undergrad degree but what other options are there? I notice a lot of trainers offer nutritional advice. I'd prefer to work with the nutritional aspect of things.

Or am I dreaming?

Maybe I'll just write a cookbook...

I Do It On My Own xxsupergman25xx's Avatar
    xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000) xxsupergman25xx is just really nice. (+1000)
    become a nutritionist...u can get certified.
    theres things called life coaches....not really sure what the demand is for em.
    http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm - Newsletter!

Posts are my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.
    -----------------------------------
    Baseball insane

-----------------------------------
    i do it all on my own

Makes the boys blush. LittleCharlie's Avatar
    LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    What sort of other careers are there, aside from being a personal trainer?

Or am I dreaming?
    I'm dreaming of becoming a fitness writer, photographer and all round generally good guru.

Also all gyms and leisure centres need supervisors, duty managers and managers. You could go more specialized, swimming/sports teaching, working with kids etc.

FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LittleCharlie View Post
    I'm dreaming of becoming a fitness writer, photographer and all round generally good guru.

Also all gyms and leisure centres need supervisors, duty managers and managers. You could go more specialized, swimming/sports teaching, working with kids etc.
    Charlie - Have you ever thought about starting a blog?

It's a really good way to practice your writing and establish yourself as an expert in a very short time - and it's free.
    I like to make money while I work out - how about you?
    www.Super-Trainer.com

LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10) LittleCharlie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FitMoney View Post
    Charlie - Have you ever thought about starting a blog?

It's a really good way to practice your writing and establish yourself as an expert in a very short time - and it's free.
    It's totally my plan once I finish the course I'm doing now.

I do a photography one already, and I got so much interest from just a few posts!

BTW, do you know Pauline Nordins blog at fighterdiet.com/blog? I LOVE it!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)

Those are some great dreams!

Actually you gave me a really good idea.. since my degree is education-focused (linguistics and childhood specializations) I could get into recreation therapy for children with certain needs (ie. autism or speech disorders).

In fact, I'm pretty sure that my field doesn't have anyone doing that sort of thing. I sense a thesis coming on.. Thanks all

Those are some great dreams!

Actually you gave me a really good idea.. since my degree is education-focused (linguistics and childhood specializations) I could get into recreation therapy for children with certain needs (ie. autism or speech disorders).

In fact, I'm pretty sure that my field doesn't have anyone doing that sort of thing. I sense a thesis coming on.. Thanks all
    That would be really fantastic. I used to teach a 6 year old with ADHD swimming and he was such a lovely kid, really sweet, and the sport he used to do was what he truly loved. Alot of teachers weren't willing to take him on (and I even ended up getting shoved in the pool by him during a lesson!) but it was worth every second for the pleasure of his company.

You'd find that a really rewarding thing to do.

People are out there doing that sort of work, but they are the people working at the low levels, people teaching the kids. You need to go and find those people and tap into them!

Drop me a message anytime!

FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitMoney has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's totally my plan once I finish the course I'm doing now.

I do a photography one already, and I got so much interest from just a few posts!

BTW, do you know Pauline Nordins blog at fighterdiet.com/blog? I LOVE it!
    Hey man - Yeah that's tight you already have some experience blogging - That'll pay off big for you -

Dude, I just checked out that Fighter's Diet blog - I haven't ready all the articles yet, but she's sexy - Do you know her?
    www.Super-Trainer.com

brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10) brwnbear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you're a little late to be coming up with this thread sir. but never too late to go back to school i suppose but like you said. if you don't want to :/

Originally Posted by FitMoney View Post
    Hey man - Yeah that's tight you already have some experience blogging - That'll pay off big for you -

Dude, I just checked out that Fighter's Diet blog - I haven't ready all the articles yet, but she's sexy - Do you know her?
    Not quite sure what you mean by "that's tight"!

I don't know Pauline, just a fan of her blog. She lives a few thousand miles away from me on a different continent...

Not quite sure what you mean by "that's tight"!

I don't know Pauline, just a fan of her blog. She lives a few thousand miles away from me on a different continent...
    Haha, yeah "that's tight" meaning that's cool. What do you say over in Europe?! haha.
    www.Super-Trainer.com

trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My fitness projects

My story in a quick sentence: I used to be a personal trainer for 4 years, then decided to take a position in a home health company for a steady paycheck.

Okay...TWO quick sentences.

I got laid off.

With that said, here are my current projects and things I'm doing in the fitness field:

-Online Personal Training Consultation: For a fee, I would design customized fitness programs for that persons body and goals. I Skype with that person once a week, and we e-mail back and forth all the time with any questions. Of course it's not the same as having a person there, watching your form, keeping you motivated rep for rep, but this is easily marketed as a more 'cost efficient alternative' to one-on-one training.

-Student of Physical Therapy: I'm out to become a Physical therapist in the near future. It's a little more steady than Personal Training, and has arguably a higher pay potential. To me, it's the next step up and I can easily convert patients to fitness clients.

-Blogger and Podcaster: Just like many others, I have a fitness blog that I'm developing from the ground up, and with the blog are many audio podcasts that I'm recording for it. To me, it's so much fun putting my voice and my emotion out there.

-One-on-One Trainer: I honestly choose to have very few clients that I train about 3 times a week. I didn't even undertake clients until AFTER I got laid off, so I admit I train out of necessity. After having an office job for half a year, it feels good to train again.

Originally Posted by trojandynasty View Post
    -Online Personal Training Consultation: For a fee, I would design customized fitness programs for that persons body and goals. I Skype with that person once a week, and we e-mail back and forth all the time with any questions. Of course it's not the same as having a person there, watching your form, keeping you motivated rep for rep, but this is easily marketed as a more 'cost efficient alternative' to one-on-one training.
    You're on the right track - read this - http://super-trainer.com/how-to-make...itness-online/
    www.Super-Trainer.com

trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojandynasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow....very impressive site. Great ideas!

tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My story in a quick sentence: I used to be a personal trainer for 4 years, then decided to take a position in a home health company for a steady paycheck.

Okay...TWO quick sentences.

I got laid off.

With that said, here are my current projects and things I'm doing in the fitness field:

-Student of Physical Therapy: I'm out to become a Physical therapist in the near future. It's a little more steady than Personal Training, and has arguably a higher pay potential. To me, it's the next step up and I can easily convert patients to fitness clients.

-Blogger and Podcaster: Just like many others, I have a fitness blog that I'm developing from the ground up, and with the blog are many audio podcasts that I'm recording for it. To me, it's so much fun putting my voice and my emotion out there.

-One-on-One Trainer: I honestly choose to have very few clients that I train about 3 times a week. I didn't even undertake clients until AFTER I got laid off, so I admit I train out of necessity. After having an office job for half a year, it feels good to train again.
    Wow, this is my plan exactly...lol
    Do not confuse the conditions in your life with the truth about you. Conditions may be influential, but they are not immutable.
    Conditions can, and do change!
    Circumstances may have an effect, but they are not the deciding factors in your life. Do not allow what is going on around you to determine what comes through you. Do not allow your self to believe that what happens to you can in any way alter the truth about you!

Originally Posted by tishtash View Post
    Even the physical therapy part? No way!

I actually decided to a take a slight detour. I'm getting my PTA at a community college first, that way I can make some decent bank while I get my RPT at a 4 year University.

Let me know how it goes. Maybe we can swap ideas or class notes.

Registered User runswithscissor's Avatar
    runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Even the physical therapy part? No way!

I actually decided to a take a slight detour. I'm getting my PTA at a community college first, that way I can make some decent bank while I get my RPT at a 4 year University.

Let me know how it goes. Maybe we can swap ideas or class notes.

I've had it with engineering and was going to go back and be an RPT, but I have seen some articles that says you need at least a masters and more likely a PhD to make any decent money (I make good money as an engineer). Have you guys seen anything about the requirements for masters/PhD?

I mean a total of 8 years of school, if I had to do this, I would just go to med school, much more $$$. I don't really want to be a doctor, I'd rather do the RPT thing and maybe also be a part time PT.

Online Training

Originally Posted by tishtash View Post
    E-mailing clients and going through Skype may be a good start - You just keep in mind how many clients it's going to take in order to make a decent income from this and if it's worth it for the time you spend.
    www.Super-Trainer.com

josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000)
    What sort of other careers are there, aside from being a personal trainer? I am interested in pursuing something in the exercise health field, I'm sort of at the "exploration" stage. What sort of careers do not require a university undergrad degree? I already have one (Education - ESL). I'd be open to a post-grad diploma or MA but I really... don't want to. I don't have the undergrad courses for it anyways LOL.

I love nutrition and I love to cook. I know being a dietician requires a min of an undergrad degree but what other options are there? I notice a lot of trainers offer nutritional advice. I'd prefer to work with the nutritional aspect of things.

Or am I dreaming?

You could also consider using your undergrad towards a Masters degree in just about anything under kinesiology. And there are plenty of certs for nutrition that do not require a degree but do require some serious studying ! Look into NASN www.nasnutrition.com
    Josie "TRAINER JO" Dalton

Site: http://www.TrainerJo.com
    Talk Show: coming back soon
    FB: http://www.********.com/lasvegastrainerjo
    IG: @Ms.Trainer.Jo
    Google Plus: COMING SOON
    Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/trainerjo
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mstrainerjo

Registered User bradscottfitnes's Avatar
    bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100) bradscottfitnes is not very well liked. (-100)

You can always write an ebook

Or am I dreaming?

Look at guys like mike chang or kyle leon. They have designed workout programs online and sell them on clickbank.com

They do really well with them probably better than any personal trainer apart from jillian michaels

Brad Scott