SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

So whats the general opinion about tuna only diet?

I've been toying with this idea about eating only tuna for a whole week just to see the results. I am really trying to cut down, but it seems that the damn stomach fat is too fcking stubborn. What would happen if i just started eating 1 can of tuna for breakfast, lunch, before gym and after gym meal (with 3x whey protein shakes).

I am getting desperate.

"Spikes" insulin at night Bedwards's Avatar
    Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000) Bedwards is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SebastianG View Post
    I've been toying with this idea about eating only tuna for a whole week just to see the results. I am really trying to cut down, but it seems that the damn stomach fat is too fcking stubborn. What would happen if i just started eating 1 can of tuna for breakfast, lunch, before gym and after gym meal (with 3x whey protein shakes).

I am getting desperate.
    Lulz.

favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Right ... if only it were that simple and those damn fish didn't have such a high mercury content. A week of that much mercury would make you sick for sure...

SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SebastianG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by favoriteblonde View Post
    Right ... if only it were that simple and those damn fish didn't have such a high mercury content. A week of that much mercury would make you sick for sure...

Oh really? I didnt know the Mercury content would be such a high hazard regarding eating the tuna. Shhiiiiiittt.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Mercury poisoning
    fat deficiency
    vitamin/fiber/micronutrient deficiency

taste bud boredom
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WAPump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    switch between tuna with some canned chicken (if you're worried about mercury). 1 can of chicken has about 45g protein and 210 calories, one can of tuna has about 33g protein and 150 calories. If you're trying to cut just eat like 3/4 of the chicken to get the same amount of calories and protein
    Stack:
    Whey
    Creatine Mono

Life=Red Sox/Pit Bulls NDame616's Avatar
    NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, it wouldn't. Especially if he ate chunk light. Plenty of people have 2 cans of albacore everyday for yeard with no negative consequences. I can't imagine adding 2 cans over the period of a week would do much.

flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flat6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you serious? Even if he is eating tuna that's been exposed to mercury, which is unlikely, do you have any idea the sort of concentrations that are typically found?

He would have to eat tuna and only tuna for months, possibly years before it had an adverse effect on his health.
    Milk and Squats FTW!

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're going to die on a protein only diet, son. But before you do, check out the shredded abs you'll get....

NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000) NDame616 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cyde View Post
    You're going to die on a protein only diet, son. But before you do, check out the shredded abs you'll get....
    That's the scariest f'n thing I've seen in months.....

Originally Posted by cyde View Post

LOL i still wanna see that movie

Bronze Account Holder Whomper107's Avatar
    Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Whomper107 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like one of the worst ideas I've heard around here. And believe me, that's really saying something.
    *No sets to failure crew*
    *germanyt crew*

shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shawnjb has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yep it' true that ou shouldlimit your fish intake, here's why.

Oily fish can contain harmful chemicals, such as.... PCBs ((polychlorinated biphenyls) which mainly come from electrical equipment factories, and.. dioxins.. which come from industrial processes and household fires.. sounds nasty doesn't it.

THESE PCBs and dioxons don't IMMEDIATELY effect you, can take plenty of years, maybe 5 years or 10 years, depends on how much u can handle... but they recommend no more than 300g of fish a week.

Hard to swollow.. i know.. but if you wanna live a lil longer, i guess this is the best advice..
    Believe to Achieve.

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SebastianG View Post

I am getting desperate.
    See my sig noobie.

favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) favoriteblonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually when I was prego my doctor said that not only should I limit my tuna intake to a can or two a week because of mercury, but my Dr. said that albacore has more mercury that light tuna and I should avoid albacore.

Of course i was prego so its different but the fish facts still count

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Reminds me the first 6 months I left home... 3-4 cans of tuna, 1 bag of baby carrots and a box of spaghetti every day for a good 4-5 months at least. Sometimes I'd buy bread with mayo to make tuna sandwich instead.

I still eat 8-12 cans of tuna per week with mustard, sometimes I get tired of it but I don't really taste it anymore I think LOL
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Actually when I was prego my doctor said that not only should I limit my tuna intake to a can or two a week because of mercury, but my Dr. said that albacore has more mercury that light tuna and I should avoid albacore.

Of course i was prego so its different but the fish facts still count
    Since you were pregnant at the time of this advise, You're commparing apples to bicycles.....

If your doctor advised you not to do HIIT while pregnant, does that mean no one should do it?
    Last edited by NDame616; 06-03-2009 at 07:14 AM.

thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisiseasy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NDame616 View Post
    No, it wouldn't. Especially if he ate chunk light. Plenty of people have 2 cans of albacore everyday for yeard with no negative consequences. I can't imagine adding 2 cans over the period of a week would do much.
    You might want to do some research before you just make a random statement like that. Just because you can't imagine it, doesn't mean this guy won't get mercury poisoning.

In FACT (keyword being fact) the FDA recommends not eating more than 6 Oz of albacore a week. While this feels low, it is the safe amount. Not saying that if you eat more then that you will get mercury poisoning, but it could happen.

Originally Posted by thisiseasy View Post
    You might want to do some research before you just make a random statement like that. Just because you can't imagine it, doesn't mean this guy won't get mercury poisoning.

In FACT (keyword being fact) the FDA recommends not eating more than 6 Oz of albacore a week. While this feels low, it is the safe amount. Not saying that if you eat more then that you will get mercury poisoning, but it could happen.
    The FDA also recommends that you eat like 40G of protein a day, like 10 servings of carbs, etc.

There's been countless studies and it's been discussed ad nauseum that canned tuna is perfectly safe to eat in large amounts. There's plenty of peopl eon here who eat a can or two a day, and have been for years and years without any negative effects.

TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TeenMisc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    WTF are people debating this ?

Rabbit starvation/thread

Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Omn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mercury levels found in tuna are rising progressively. If you knew someone that had tuna everyday for the last 5 years, it may not be appropriate to compare it to someone eating tuna from now to 5 years in the future.

Chunk light has less mercury than albacore in general. I'd stick to canned salmon, although that's slightly more expensive (1/7th of the mercury in tuna light).
    You racka disciprine!
    -Wise Old Man

machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000) machx is just really nice. (+1000)
    makes me so sad that we can't even eat fish without worrying about pollution

imagine the days where you could just eat and not worry about anything?

Originally Posted by NDame616 View Post
    Since you were pregnant at the time of this advise, You're commparing apples to bicycles.....

If your doctor advised you not to do HIIT while pregnant, does that mean no one should do it?
    If you read what I wrote i said that of course I was prego so that does not apply, but the fact that light tuna has less mercury that albacore would apply. Of course i am not so ignorant as to compare a grown mans diet with that of a pregnant woman. LOL

BillyBloggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fish

Why not eat fresh fish, chicken and turkey?

It doesn't just come in cans!

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    the OP probably has mercury poisoning by now...