Thread: Clean and Press

brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Clean and Press

Just wondering how many people do these and whether there any good for building mass on the shoulders, and also what other bodyparts they hit?

jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaketyler123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i love doing these i include them in every one of my shoulder routines. they hit a lot of other muscles, like squats and deadlifts, theyre almost a whole body workout. from the excercise guide database :
    "Main Muscle Worked: Shoulders
    Other Muscles Worked: Triceps, Biceps, Lower Back, Traps, Hamstrings, Calves, Abdominals, Shoulders, Glutes"

brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brycewilson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000) CLK-GTR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    love them. between them and overhead squats there probably aren't any muscles that aren't worked.
    Soon to be updated:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119479461

MUFC supporter actually from Manchester
    rep [and neg] back 500+

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to love doing Olympic lifts when I was into Martial Arts.

Now that I'm concentrating on bodybuilding, I wouldn't do them.

Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DaRk LuCiFeR View Post
    I used to love doing Olympic lifts when I was into Martial Arts.

Now that I'm concentrating on bodybuilding, I wouldn't do them.
    I agree with this. it depends on your goals. They are a great core strength exercise, but not as good for bodybuilding/mass building.

Not to say cut them out. Developing strength does lend itself to bodybuilding. Anytime you can make yourself stronger and increase your weights it's a good thing. I have just never heard anyone speak of it as a mass builder.
    Semper Fidelis

Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Complicated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They are great for the development of leg power(Rate of force development)(ie force x distance).The regular push press is excellent for doing negative reps for the shoulder.it not an exercise that is ideal for a bodybuilder(the muscle's time under tension is short) though some do them for their traps.

hertswhenip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hertswhenip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They form the back bone of my training program right now. My traps, upper back and shoulders have thickened up quite a bit from them.

Great for building explosive, functional strength.

ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ssnipazz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do these along with other power lifts occasionally as part of the Shocking Principle. It helps
    keep my body from adapting to the usual simple or compound exercises.

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by brycewilson View Post
    Just wondering how many people do these and whether there any good for building mass on the shoulders, and also what other bodyparts they hit?
    clean and presses are one of the best overall exercises around because they hit so many muscle groups. You hit the upper traps, medial deltoids, and anterior deltoids, triceps, and even upper back. That's not to mention the leg and hip involved.

they are definitely good stuff!
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.