rakoro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

retainings gains while recovering w/ liquid diet

this is my first post, i don't know if this is the right section or not, seems like it.

i recently broke my jaw so they had to wire it shut for 3 weeks, it's the 2nd day and it seems like my daily intake is like 1/3 of what it used to be calorie wise.

im on all liquids, protein shakes, yogurt, soups are my main meals.
    what's a good way to keep the gains i have made up until this point?
    i would 'eat' more but it's also very easy to get full.
    i've lost about 4 lbs so far.
    Last edited by rakoro; 04-13-2009 at 01:23 PM.

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sucks man!

I've dislocated my shoulder 7 times over the past fives years and it was so hard and disheartening to see all my efforts in the gym disappear.

The first 5 times recovering i lost between 5 to 10kgs (11lb to 22lbs) but the remaining 2 times i only lost between 1 to 3kgs (2lb to 7lbs) because i viewed the injury as a 'cut' where i tried to maintain all the muscle mass i could.

Take heaps of BCAA's and increase your protein intake to spare muscle wastage. Weight gainer shakes are your friend, either buy one or make it yourself and look into recipes where you can blend your meals e.g. tuna shakes, blending chicken and adding pumpkin to create a soup etc.

Also, study some cutting diets to see what competitors eat and supplement with to maintain their mass while dieting down. All the best, gl bro!

rakoro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    7 times?
    damn.

i'll look into those,
    would you suggest working out?
    i did it today, i mean the only thing screwed up is my jaw, and im not doing any mandible curls or anything haha.
    i figure if i at least use the muscle more might decide to stay around longer.