Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do i make Whey shakes creamy and thick while staying in keto?

Im taking whey protein shakes (the EAS bag you get at Sams club).

I tried mixing with whole milk and with Ice. But, the whey shakes always come out like chocolate milk and not a milk shake. How do i make the shakes thicker without affecting my keto status?

Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wojin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    add ice
    2-09... 315
    12-09... 225
    1-10...220

i may not have much, but i rep back

yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    use the right setting on the blender.

maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) maxiderm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by yCat View Post
    use the right setting on the blender.
    x2

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DinoT1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    could you add another scoop of whey?
    - NOTICE: Not all posts represent my own opinion. I enjoy playing devil's advocate.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Im taking whey protein shakes (the EAS bag you get at Sams club).

I tried mixing with whole milk and with Ice. But, the whey shakes always come out like chocolate milk and not a milk shake. How do i make the shakes thicker without affecting my keto status?
    What about heavy whipping cream? Or half and half? These are all lower carb and higher fat (perfect for keto) and would REALLY make your shakes creamy. You should avoid milk while on keto btw.

TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Wojin View Post
    add ice
    I added more ice, it just came out to be a slushy watery protein drink, yuke!

Whole milk didnt do much good neither, just make it like a Nestle Chocolate Milk.

The longer i blend it, the more foamy it becomes. Then after a minute it turns back into water.

Im trying to get the texture you might get from metrix or myoplex, that thick and creamy cake batter texture.

Someone PM'ed me saying that carbs is what makes it thicker. So pure whey wont get thick?

Originally Posted by ZacharyMills View Post
    What about heavy whipping cream? Or half and half? These are all lower carb and higher fat (perfect for keto) and would REALLY make your shakes creamy. You should avoid milk while on keto btw.
    Thanks i will try that, yeah i didnt know about the milk thoguth the fat versioon would work but guess not.

Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50) Elijah_MB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for thickness try : http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/xan.html or http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/guar.html

these are fiber and you don't need alot of it. Hope this helps

-Eli
    I can do all things through him who gives me strength.
    Philippians 4:13

God is my strength, power, and only hope. Discipline, dedication, glory,...it's all from him and for him.

Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=12329850&posted=1#post12329850

SNS "Focus-Matrix" Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=21731151#post21731151

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks i will try that, yeah i didnt know about the milk thoguth the fat versioon would work but guess not.
    Yeah, milk is a nono on keto. Cream is perfect, and you need more fat than anything else on a keto diet. Cream has less protein than milk, but you don't need more protein, especially in the shake, you need more fat and less carbs. Cream is definitely the way to go!

Jwillbc55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jwillbc55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jwillbc55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jwillbc55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jwillbc55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jwillbc55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Xanthan Gum
    www.f4wonline.com - The Best ProWrestling Site on the Web

Originally Posted by Elijah_MB View Post
    for thickness try : http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/xan.html or http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/guar.html

these are fiber and you don't need alot of it. Hope this helps

-Eli
    Wow i never knew such a thing existed for gluten free recipes. Thanks, a lot of help, if anything to make healthier muffins etc. As im trying to avoid gluten too.

Yeah, milk is a nono on keto. Cream is perfect, and you need more fat than anything else on a keto diet. Cream has less protein than milk, but you don't need more protein, especially in the shake, you need more fat and less carbs. Cream is definitely the way to go!

I bought Heavy Whipping Cream today to try.

But, now i gotta buy a blender. My darn blender caught on fire yesterday from me packing too much ice into the mixing container (ie. trying to make the shake thicker) and the blade just couldnt cut threw the ice at that point, even with water added.

lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lafemmeforte has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/reform11.htm

has some low carb ice cream, so maybe just put one serving of ice cream along with some cream/milk/whatever plus your protein?

qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you want a thick protein shake, definately look into casein protein mix. my personal choice is ON 100% casein chocolate. a scoop of casein, scoop of whey, and 16 oz of fat free milk combine into one of my favorite thick and creamy treats.
    *********DISCOUNT CODES********* save money and support bodybuilding.com!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=49461171&postcount=65

"Having a long or frequent memory for mistakes and a short or infrequent memory for successes is a guaranteed way to develop fear of failure. High achievers dwell on what they do well and spend very little time evaluating themselves and their performances."

-Dr. John Eliot

What about heavy whipping cream? Or half and half?

Well the Heavy Whipping Cream worked perfectly for the taste. I now have a creamy, taste, whey protein shake.

But, i still cant get that thick tecture that i get when making myoplex or metrix.

So i think im gonna try that Xanthan Gum next.

But, that heavy whipping cream was a great idea, the shake taste awesome now!

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How about a tsp of peanut butter in the shake? I was going to say heavy cream, but you already got that one.

bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eggs will thicken it up and add healthy fats along with being a slow release high quality protein that is also cheap.
    USP Labs Rep

"A gentleman would not be capable of insulting me, and no one who can insult me is worth any kind of a problem."

"A fight avoided cannot be lost."

"It is better to risk a trial by 12 jurors as an alternative to being carried by 6 pallbearers."

krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000) krogtaar is just really nice. (+1000)
    peanut butter...with choc whey is delicious. blend enough so you get it as thick as you want

Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Whole milk didnt do much good neither, just make it like a Nestle Chocolate Milk.
    ?
    And the problem is???????

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Eggs will thicken it up and add healthy fats along with being a slow release high quality protein that is also cheap.
    Good call. Screw Xanthan gum.. drop an egg white in there.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Heavy whipping cream + casein should do the trick. An egg would help as an emulsifier as well.

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what's with the obsession of having it thick?

also, watch using milk there is 12 grams of sugar per serving. Too many servings of milk and you'll be out of keto real quick.

bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpmartyr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ellipticer View Post
    Good call. Screw Xanthan gum.. drop an egg white in there.

Not the white. Whole eggs while on a keto style diet.
    USP Labs Rep

"A gentleman would not be capable of insulting me, and no one who can insult me is worth any kind of a problem."

"A fight avoided cannot be lost."

"It is better to risk a trial by 12 jurors as an alternative to being carried by 6 pallbearers."

sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000) sobelik is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah i dont know... I like a thin shake that is easily chugged down
    bb.com....more drama than a jr high school girls bathroom---Buckeyemuscle

DO NOT BUY FROM ALL THE WHEY!!

Support BB.com

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

***Georgia Crew*** ATL ITP

Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50) Latosaurus Rex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bought Heavy Whipping Cream today to try.

But, now i gotta buy a blender. My darn blender caught on fire yesterday from me packing too much ice into the mixing container (ie. trying to make the shake thicker) and the blade just couldnt cut threw the ice at that point, even with water added.
    it takes real skill to set a blender on on fire

Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    what's with the obsession of having it thick?

When i drink a watery protein shake, i dont get full. Instead its like drinking water, im hungry shortly after.

But, when i make metrix or myoplex, it creates a thick and creamy shake. When i drink it, im usually full and satiated for longer periods of time.

In short, I get the same full feeling by either drinking 1 thick and creamy shake or drinking 2 whey watery shakes.

The thing im trying to avoid is the extra calories for the same full feeling.

qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) qw3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did you give my casein recommendation any consideration?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=49461171&postcount=65

"Having a long or frequent memory for mistakes and a short or infrequent memory for successes is a guaranteed way to develop fear of failure. High achievers dwell on what they do well and spend very little time evaluating themselves and their performances."

-Dr. John Eliot

Originally Posted by Latosaurus Rex View Post
    it takes real skill to set a blender on on fire

Yeah, i was pissed too. It was this blender that also came with a individual serving cup, just perfect for making 1 protein shake. And i mastered using it over the last year, making shakes and frozen fruit drinks perfectly.

It seems this mixing jar was just the right measurement. Like i would fill it to the top with frozen strawberries and then add lowcarb apple juice and with a few quick presses on the button, i had a perfect smoothly.

At 450amps with 12 speeds, i dont know how it could burnout and catch on fire. But, i did jam too much ice into the blending cup. I figured if i kept pressing the button and then shaking in between presses, it would jiggle and then cut through the ice. But, it didnt.

Anyway, went to walmart and bought that blenders twin sister, which comes with a food processor attachment instead of the single serving blending cup.

Im a happy man again

Originally Posted by qw3r View Post
    did you give my casein recommendation any consideration?
    I use Casein alot in the form of Metrix and Myoplex.

But for Keto, i read everyone saying to drink whey not casein?