Thread: Dumbbell only

ng90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dumbbell only

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a workout where only bodyweight/dumbbells are used?

Rayman9102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rayman9102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rayman9102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rayman9102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rayman9102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rayman9102 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ng90 View Post
    Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a workout where only bodyweight/dumbbells are used?
    I suggest atleast getting an Ez bar. or a barbell

Go look before you ask questions there are sites and books that will tell you man. Its just to much to write already not only you cant only use dumbbells after a while i say 3 months you gotta take one week off and switch it up to a barbell or machiene. Your muscle will adapt and will not grow..
    "One must build their own waterfall before going with the flow." - Ramon Marlow

twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some quick suggestions I have because I first started with nothing but DB's ( Didn't even have a bench )

A bench will be helpful here but you can find a way to get around it. Core balls are good too.
    ( I used to have to hang my upper body off the bed and use a chair to rest my head on. )

Biceps
    DB Curls
    Hammer Curls

Triceps
    Overhead Extension
    DB French Press

Forearms
    Wrist curl

Chest
    Incline/Decline raised pushups ( you can use the DB's or chairs or anything ) Just make sure you get the extra stretch
    DB Press Incline/Decline
    Flies

Shoulders
    Standing Side Laterals
    Standing Front Raise
    Alternating standing DB rows
    Reverse Flies
    DB Military press

Back
    Pullups
    DB Rows
    Bent over DB Rows ( Change in form from the regular DB Row will be harder without a bar )
    DB Shrugs

Legs
    DB Lunges
    DB Squat
    Bulgarian Squat

Also you can look here :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5310323

And if you just want a list of of good free weight exercises broken down for you with form instructions ?

check out the 12 week hardbody plan from Men's health. Not bad programs if you are just starting out. Not the best , but they DO list a Free weights only section with lists of free weight exercises.

Good luck to you

ng90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you very much for your reply, your answer was really helpful and informative.
    This should give me a basis to start from, so thank you very much.

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FULL BODY

DB Squat
    DB Stiff Leg Deadlift
    DB Bench
    DB Pull Over
    DB Overhead Press
    DB Row
    DB Triceps Extension
    DB Biceps Curl
    DB Calf Raises

twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10) twellons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ng90 View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply, your answer was really helpful and informative.
    This should give me a basis to start from, so thank you very much.
    Anytime my friend , just remember that wasn't so much a program , just a list of Exercises you can use to put into your program.

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lots of good bodyweight/dumbbell only stuff at www.rosstraining.com