Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Progenex SRG: The Culmination of Over 30 Years of Muscle Metabolism Research

The Science of Progenex:

The PROGENEX protein supplements represent a three-component modular array of natural products that have been developed through an extraordinary collaboration of dairy science research and product development, biotechnology, and exclusive process manufacturing.

The efficacy of the PROGENEX proteins has been independently substantiated by internationally recognized physiologists and biochemists. Dr. Scott Connelly, world-renowned exercise and metabolic physiologist and founder of the Met-RX companies, was a principal collaborator in this development. He regards the PROGENEX protein supplements as the culmination of over 30 years of research into muscle metabolism.

The PROGENEX supplements were developed to harness, to a revolutionary extent, the remarkable benefits available from the most amazing biologic fluid discovered to date: mammalian milk. Based on strict adherence to scientific methods, the PROGENEX supplements were systematically tested, refined, and systematized across three phases of development:

1. Human muscle cell culture analysis: A leading-edge technology (implemented by TGR BioSciences in Australia) that guarantees specific threshold levels of function-specific biologic activity
    2. Animal feeding protocols
    3. Human clinical trials

The aggregate of this research guarantees the highest standards of authenticity, safety, and efficacy. The implementation of human cell culture analysis, in particular, is unprecedented, providing a level of bioassurance quality control that is unheard of in the nutrition industry. Every batch of PROGENEX proteins is validated using the same cellular tests and molecular fingerprinting techniques used in the initial development phase.
    Only if you reach the boundary will the boundary recede before you. And if you don't, if you confine your efforts, the boundary will shrink to accommodate itself to your efforts. And you can only expand your capacities by working to the very limit.

- Hugh Nibley

God tapped me on the head and said you are a weightlifter motherfuker.

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Salaam86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The PROGENEX STACK & THEIR INDIVIDUAL FUNCTIONS

PROGENEX SRG contains unique bioactive components that combine synergistically with PROGENEX proteins to maximize muscle metabolism and functioning.

Evidence from human clinical trials demonstrate a decisive advantage with PROGENEX SRG, not only in enhancing strength gain, but also in augmenting muscle recovery and reducing inflammation.

PROGENEX Growth features an incredibly high concentration of bioactive branch chain amino acids (BCAAs) shown to enhance protein synthesis. This highly purified protein powder has been rigorously tested in human clinical trials, and has been shown to produce an astounding doubling of strength gains relative to conventional whey protein isolates.

PROGENEX Growth was developed based on a revolutionary process of muscle cell culture analysis, followed by human clinical trials. The BCAA-rich fractions of whey protein isolate, essential for muscle development following resistance exercise, are optimally concentrated. In addition to growth factors, PROGENEX Growth contains the highest levels of BCAAs compared to other natural proteins, and is not available in competitive products.

PROGENEX Recovery is a proprietary whey protein hydrolysate formulated to dramatically accelerate strength recovery after exercise. PROGENEX Recovery was formulated and refined based on analyses of hundreds of hydrolyzed proteins for critical biological activities on human muscle cell cultures.

Clinical studies of PROGENEX Recovery show full recovery in as fast as 6 hours?unprecedented in sports science. This accelerated recovery process enables athletes to substantially speed up the process of improving musculoskeletal fitness.

Resources for further reading and information:
    The Progenex Website
    http://www.progenexsrg.com/index.aspx

BB.Com Forum Threads Dedicated To Progenex
    "Dr. Connelly's Progenex"
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post246891741

"Big D's Prep for the 2009 Team Universe - Sponsored by Progenex"
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post248682151

No Bull Radio Progenex Spots:
    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c...view/1326/140/
    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c...view/1310/140/
    Last edited by FormerFatBoy86; 11-22-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    Only if you reach the boundary will the boundary recede before you. And if you don't, if you confine your efforts, the boundary will shrink to accommodate itself to your efforts. And you can only expand your capacities by working to the very limit.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Personal Information and Points of Interest

Height: 5'6"

Training Experience: On and off while younger but currently have over a year of serious training with a meticulous and disciplined diet.

Current Weight: 155.6lbs

Status: Have been lean bulking for the past 2-3 months from 143lbs and recently completed a successful run of USP Labs Prime. It should be noted that this supplement is non-hormonal and I am not and will not be using any prohormones or designer steroids during this log. I am randomly drug tested during the month as further assurance of my compliance with this caveat.

Current Supplements Used:

Creatine Monohydrate (will be replacing this creatine in the not to distant future with Omega Sports Ultima brand of creatine)
    NOW Brands Methyl B-12 (15mgs a day)
    Vendetta
    Xtend
    USP Cissus
    USP Anabolic Pump and P-Slin (Only until my current supply runs out)
    Nature Made Same
    Nature Made Glucosamine & Chondroitin
    Primaforce ZMA
    Cognitive Nutrition L-Theanine (Before bed for sleep)
    NOW Super EPA
    NOW Borage Oil
    NOW Ubequinol
    Scivation Sesamin
    Higher Power CLA
    NOW ADAM

Progenx Points of Interest Upon Initial Use:

-The suggested serving size for both the recovery and growth powders are 25 grams. I will weigh these out on a digital scale to ensure i intake the right amount every time. Upon initial use i have discovered that the recovery powder is exactly 25 grams at a full level scoop. However the growth powder is less dense and actually a further quarter scoop is needed to fulfill the suggested dosage. This explains why some people in the progenex thread were commenting that the recovery powder finished quicker than the growth.

-Based on discussions i've had with D in his progenex log I will be taking 1/2 a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) with progenex to limit the peptide degradation found in a less alkaline, more acidic, bodily environment.

-I will mix the progenex powders with vendetta and drink this during my workout starting no earlier that 2 hours after i have taken my last bite of food. The progenex srg pills will be taken near the end of my workout (6 at a time rather than 4) and will be taken at least 90 minutes before eating.
    Last edited by FormerFatBoy86; 11-23-2008 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Changed the zantac to 1/2 a tsp of baking soda

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very interested.

First Day With Progenex

November 22nd Day 1 Beginning of Week 1

Hours of Sleep: 7.5
    Quality: 8.5

Legs & Triceps POWER

12 Minute Warm-up on Elliptical (Low/Med Intensity)

Squats
    Barx12
    135x5
    185x3
    205x6
    225x6 (PR)
    235x6 (PR)

Cybex Leg Press (Plate listings for the mathematically challenged )
    270x6 (3 Plates)
    450x6 (5 Plates)
    540x10 (6 Plates)
    630x10 (7 Plates)
    720x8 (8 Plates a Side)

Lying Leg Curls (Super-set with BW Dips)
    90x8
    120x8
    130x8
    (Slow with full contractions and great MMC)

Dips (Tricep focused, slow and low with no forward lean)
    BWx20
    BWx22
    BWx20
    BWx15
    BWx15

SLDL's (Super-set with Close-Grip Smith Machine Press)
    135x5
    215x3
    275x8 (PR)
    275x6

CG Smith Machine Press
    135x6
    175x7
    175x7
    175x5 (Wasnt set-up properly)
    175x6

Cybex Reverse Hacks
    90x10
    180x8
    230x8

20 Minutes on Elliptical (Med Intensity)

Thoughts: Great great leg workout with completely unexpected squat PR's. I dont attribute this to progenex obviously and i actually did these before even trying progenex. My technique was completely on point in a way i've never experienced before and I attribute my increase to some advice i got from my father earlier in the week when he was watching me squat.

I did today's workout in a new gym im trying out because i've heard some rumors that my current gym will be going out of business by the end of the year. Its actually a pretty good gym except for the fact that they don't allow you to have anything but bottled water on your person while you workout. I know pretty ****ing gay, but i just kept progenex in my locker and drank some here and there throughout points in my workout. I've got the food timing issue pretty much spot on today, although i did have to do a couple extra sets of things to make it so once i got home i could immediately eat.

Taste of the products was pretty good thanks to vendetta, however there was minor stomach discomfort near the end of my workout when i chugged about a little less than half the bottle. Probably because this stuff is very protein dense and it didnt help that i was doing leg work while my abs were kinda tender from yesterdays ab workout.

Calories: 2730
    PRO:245g
    CHO: 345.1g
    FAT: 42.3
    Last edited by FormerFatBoy86; 11-22-2008 at 04:12 PM.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Sample Weekend Food Intake

Meal #1
    1 Cup of Egg Whites
    2 Kashi Blueberry Waffles with Sugar Free Jelly
    2 Trader Joes Blueberry Bran Muffins
    2 Scoops of Xtend

Intra-Workout
    Vendetta & Progenex Stack

Meal #2 Post-Workout
    4 Scoops of Xtend
    80 grams of White Basmati Rice
    1 Cup of Chopped Green Pepper, Onion, and Portobello Mushrooms
    1 Cup of Egg Whites
    3 Oz. of Trader Joes Grilled Chicken

Between Meal #2 and 3 - 2 scoops of Xtend

Meal #3
    12 Oz. Sweet Potato
    2 tsp. of Olive Oil
    1 Cup of Egg Whites

Between Meal #3 and 4 - 2 scoops of Xtend

Meal #4
    4 Slices of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread
    1 Tbsp of Better N Butter PB
    1 Oz. of Trader Joe's Lite Cheddar
    4 Oz. of Apple Gate Roasted Turkey
    4 Oz. of Columbus Pastrami Slices

Before Bed - 2 Scoops of Xtend

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    Very interested.
    Glad to have you along. I've been waiting so long to try this stuff out, I hope its worth the expense.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) joakman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You started September 22nd

Originally Posted by joakman View Post
    You started September 22nd
    lol ****, i actually copied the template for this workout from my previous log and changed the date but not the month. Thanks for catching that

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

And just to let everybody know I will be posting up pictures hopefully by the end of tomorrow and I will also post some at the end of this log to detail my progress. I'll run this log till my stack is finished (probably around 6 weeks i think) and based on my results/impressions will decide whether or not to buy some more.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great start!
    Subbed for sure. The battle continues.
    Jaber Style Training - To perform ATG SQUATS (3X10) before EVERY workout. GAINS!!!

Products I currently use and get results from.

RecoverPro - BCAA
    TestoPro - Natural Test Booster
    Maniac - PreWorkout
    Essenials - Multi + Creatine + joint support + beta alanine + BCAA

Anabolic Innovations Board Rep
    www.anabolicinnovations.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    MFF forever!

dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed!!

As for using antiacid, I would recommend just a little sodium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate. A transient buffering of acid is all you're looking for. I think zantac could be overkill, because buffering acid too much for too long can impair protein digestion from solid food.
    Of course the enhanced absorption with antacid is all just speculation from a few studies i read.

Originally Posted by Jaberwaki View Post
    Great start!
    Subbed for sure. The battle continues.
    Hell yea, bringing out the big guns this time around

Originally Posted by dpd555 View Post
    Subbed!!

As for using antiacid, I would recommend just a little sodium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate. A transient buffering of acid is all you're looking for. I think zantac could be overkill, because buffering acid too much for too long can impair protein digestion from solid food.
    Of course the enhanced absorption with antacid is all just speculation from a few studies i read.
    Great advice D thanks, i'll switch this up for tomorrow. Do you just put like a teaspoon of baking soda in your drink or something or should i do a tablespoon? Lol the last time i bought some baking soda you don't wanna know what it was for.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000) dpd555 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by FormerFatBoy86 View Post
    Great advice D thanks, i'll switch this up for tomorrow. Do you just put like a teaspoon of baking soda in your drink or something or should i do a tablespoon? Lol the last time i bought some baking soda you don't wanna know what it was for.
    I'd say half a teaspoon is all you need. I found drinking immediately after training is much better than sipping throughout the workout.

OMG!!!...1 tablespoon of sodium bicarb would give you serious issues

Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000) Jaberwaki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed!!

This man speaks gospel (in bold) I used ranitidine (zantac) for 5 years due to a misdiagnosis of acid reflux. Its taken me 4 years from the time I quit using it to get my digestion back working correctly.
    Jaber Style Training - To perform ATG SQUATS (3X10) before EVERY workout. GAINS!!!

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

I'd say half a teaspoon is all you need. I found drinking immediately after training is much better than sipping throughout the workout.

OMG!!!...1 tablespoon of sodium bicarb would give you serious issues
    lol, i really wasn't thinking about how big a tablespoon would be. I'll stick with half a teaspoon and drink it post-workout rather than intra. Thanks for the help D, I really appreciate it.

This man speaks gospel (in bold) I used ranitidine (zantac) for 5 years due to a misdiagnosis of acid reflux. Its taken me 4 years from the time I quit using it to get my digestion back working correctly.
    damn i didn't know it could be that serious, maybe it was the zantac giving me some stomach discomfort and not the progenex earlier today. Im glad to hear your feeling better now J, but wow 4 YEARS?!? ****.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn Homeboy! i got some catching up to do! lets do this

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    Damn Homeboy! i got some catching up to do! lets do this
    Oh you know its on, we never quit, we either progress or die trying.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

130lb Dumbbells = Eye Pumps & Headaches

Sunday November 23th, 2008 Day 2

Hours of Sleep:7.25
    Quality: 8.5

Back, Traps, Medial, & Rear Delts (Hypertrophy)

12 Minute Warm-up on Elliptical (Med. Intensity)

T-Bar Rows (Bar weight not counted)
    90x8
    180x5
    200x12
    210x12 (I think a PR)

One Arm DB Rows (With a pause at the bottom of every rep)
    75x8
    130x12
    130x12 (PR) (Not the prettiest form in the world because these dumbbells are so damn big but i paused at the bottom of every rep to minimize momentum)

Cable Lat Isolators
    45x12
    45x12
    45x12

Pendlay Rows
    155x12
    175x12 (PR)
    175x12

Hammer High Rows (Never used this machine before)
    100x8
    140x12 (A lil to heavy)
    120x12 (A lil to light)

Low Rows
    180x12
    190x11 (PR)

Behind The Back Barbell Shrugs
    225x6
    315x10
    335x10 (Very smooth and with great stretches at the bottom, felt good)

Single Arm Laterals
    25x12
    30x12
    35x12
    35x12

Rear Delt One Arm DB Laterals (stomach was feeling bubbly so i took it a lil easy on these)
    25x12
    30x10
    30x12

30 Minutes On Eliptical (Medium Intensity)

Thoughts: Well this was day 2 with progenex and day 2 at this new gym, so im still in the feeling out stages in both respects. I made some changes to my dosing protocol for progenex. I mixed the progenex powders with a half a scoop of vendetta and 2 scoops of apple xtend with 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda. The end result: cherry soda

The taste definitely caught me by surprise, but in a good way. However I would of enjoyed it more if my abs werent all beat to hell from my one arm db rows earlier. I felt kinda... bubbly for a couple minutes and kinda had to take it easy for a little bit so nothing would come back up.

Instead of drinking progenex throughout the workout i waited till i had about a couple or so exercises left to finish and drank it all at once while taking 6 of the progenex srg pills. I also had a second bottle with just 1 scoop of vendetta in it that i drank after my warm-up cardio and before i started lifting. All these pre-intra-post workout drinks i gotta deal with are getting pretty damn convoluted but if this is what i gotta do im a do it.

Man this workout wore me out, freaking db rows were crazy, **** gave me an eye pump. After a set of these bad boys im sweating like a motherfuker and my eyes are blood shot, lol it was pretty bad ass now that i think about it... no now that i think about it, it was pretty fuking painful but it definitely makes my lats blow the hell up so its worth it.

All in all, it was a great but tiring workout, but one im confident to say will be adding some growth to my back.

The initial to early to really tell impression of progenex so far is that it tastes good and I think MAYBE the recovery portion of it was successful in negating the lower back fatigue i usually have to deal with after heavy squat days. Take this with a grain of salt however, i also had better technique yesterday which kept me from doing those half good morning half squats i used to do sometimes.

Calories: 2730
    PRO:245g
    CHO: 345.1g
    FAT: 42.3

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Holy Sick workout batman!! Those PR's just keep on getting smashed!

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

Sick work dude, you smashed it today for sure. Your PR's are still going strong from Prime.

Holy Sick workout batman!! Those PR's just keep on getting smashed!
    Sick work dude, you smashed it today for sure. Your PR's are still going strong from Prime.
    Thanks guys, im really happy there has been no decline in my strength progression as of yet. Im really looking forward to seeing where my deadlift numbers are gonna be at on Saturday, because thats what i consider my most advanced lift and progression on that is all that much harder to come by.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

DL's FTMFW! Just get up there and smash it dude, dont think about the weigt or load on the bar. Just execute the motion, and focus on keeping your back and traps strong and squeezing your glutes.

HOLLA!

You think you might break 410 in this log?

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

DL's FTMFW! Just get up there and smash it dude, dont think about the weigt or load on the bar. Just execute the motion, and focus on keeping your back and traps strong and squeezing your glutes.

HOLLA!
    I hear yea Bob, I find that i have my most success when I lift with confidence and a clear mind and most importantly a smooth rhythm.

You think you might break 410 in this log?
    Honestly it would depend on how long i wanna run this log. Progenex is a pretty expensive supplement and I would have to feel quite a bit of justification to warrant buying more and extending this log. Im deadlifting 345 for 4 at the moment with a goal of hitting 345 for 6 for 2 sets this Saturday. So with no plateaus or sticking points i'd be increasing the weight by 10 lbs every 2 weeks, which would mean i might end the year at 365 for 6 or 375 for 4 unless something completely amazing happens.

Also, I gotta be realistic and prepare for the fact that i will not be enjoying such a steady rate of progression as im having now once that bar gets heavier and heavier. Especially with me only weighing 155lbs right now.

410, wow, to even approach let alone break 400 before winters over would be a major accomplishment for me.

One thing I do see realistically happening is a substantial increase in my squat numbers. Right now my numbers for the big three are way way unbalanced. Hopefully with corrections in my technique i can address that.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

whats the name again bro? damn my memory is so fuzzy lately.
    have a good night big man

- Bob

Originally Posted by FormerFatBoy86 View Post
    410, wow, to even approach let alone break 400 before winters over would be a major accomplishment for me.
    I live my life by a few rules. One is, "If it can be seen, it can be done."
    Simply means if you can see yourself doing it in your mind, then your body will follow. When ever I step to a bar I look down at it and tell it " You don't have a choice in this. You are getting lifted. You don't have a choice." Everyone needs something that snaps thier mind into that groove. Thats mine. Whats yours?

One thing I do see realistically happening is a substantial increase in my squat numbers. Right now my numbers for the big three are way way unbalanced. Hopefully with corrections in my technique i can address that.
    What about it do you think has been holding you back? For me it was balance. The bar always felt uneven and shaky on my shoulders and my shoulders (because of a past injury) blazed in pain. My little brother introduced me to the manta ray and I added 100lbs to the bar that day. It allowed me to put the bar on my back without having to hold the bar with my hands. http://www.sportsmith.net/images/Hi-...16MANTARAY.jpg

RecoverPro - BCAA
    Maniac - PreWorkout

MFF forever!

whats the name again bro? damn my memory is so fuzzy lately.
    have a good night big man

- Bob
    lol, its David, and you too

I live my life by a few rules. One is, "If it can be seen, it can be done."
    Simply means if you can see yourself doing it in your mind, then your body will follow. When ever I step to a bar I look down at it and tell it " You don't have a choice in this. You are getting lifted. You don't have a choice." Everyone needs something that snaps thier mind into that groove. Thats mine. Whats yours?

What about it do you think has been holding you back? For me it was balance. The bar always felt uneven and shaky on my shoulders and my shoulders (because of a past injury) blazed in pain. My little brother introduced me to the manta ray and I added 100lbs to the bar that day. It allowed me to put the bar on my back without having to hold the bar with my hands. http://www.sportsmith.net/images/Hi-...16MANTARAY.jpg
    Dang that manta ray thing looks pretty interesting. The major thing that was holding back my squats was simply hip drive. I wasn't getting my hips properly underneath me coming up out the hole and it was causing to have to much forward back flexion. That and also some incorrect bar placement that stemmed from me not having my shoulders in the proper rotation that would better form that shelf with my traps for me to place the bar on.

I like the mind state you bring when you prepare yourself for a lift. Lately i've been trying to approach lifting with a "no mind" mentality... I want to be so focused on the movement itself that I execute with no extraneous thoughts. I tend to over-think things as they are anyways and I find that if im trying to hype myself up before a lift that actually means im insecure about my ability to successfully execute it. I actually had a quote in my last log that explains this so much better than how im trying to do it now. Lemme find it.

Edit: Here it is:

From "The Book Of Family Traditions On The Art Of War":

In all things, uncertainty exists because of not knowing. Things stick in your mind because of being in doubt. When the principle is clarified, nothing else sticks in your mind. This is called consummating knowledge and perfecting things. Since there is no longer anything sticking in your mind, all your tasks become easy to do.
    For this reason, the practice of all arts is for the purpose of clearing away what is on your mind. In the beginning, you do not know anything, so paradoxically you do not have any questions on your mind and you are obstructed by that. This makes everything difficult to do.
    When what you have studied leaves your mind entirely, and practice also disappears, then, when you perform whatever art you are engaged in, you accomplish the techniques easily without being inhibited by concern over what you have learned, and yet without deviating from what you have learned. This is spontaneously conforming to learning without being consciously aware of doing so.
    ...When you have built up achievement in cultivation of learning and practice, even as your hands, feet, and body act, this does not hang on your mind. You are detached from your learning yet do not deviate from your learning. Whatever you do, your action is free.

--Yagyuu Munenori
    Last edited by FormerFatBoy86; 11-24-2008 at 04:06 PM.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev

Damn, sorry Dave. Im just losing it lately, but x2 on the squat thing man. I just cant seem to find where im going wrong. Ive been sticking to fronts lately.

lol no problem Bob its no sweat. **** I used to have terrible short-term memory, i mean like flushing the toilet twice because i had forgotten that i've flushed it the first time type ****.

I don't really like front squats all that much, last time i did them they were to awkward for me. I have been having hella trouble with back squats as it is, but i feel like lately important things have clicked into place and now all i have to do is refine and internalize what i've learned so i can execute without having to go through all those mental checks in order to ensure that my form is right.

- Hugh Nibley

- Mikhai Koklyaev