Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Самый крутой модулятор B.O.L.A.'s Avatar
    B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B.O.L.A. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I believe creationism is a crock of **** and has no business in an academic setting

Give me a fucking break.
    BMBC

"The State is a gang of thieves writ large." - Murray N. Rothbard

CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500) CtotheT is not very helpful. (-500)
    tell me what you think happened then? Where did matter come from?
    I rep back.

NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lil Bola View Post
    Give me a fucking break.
    What is wrong with presenting evolution and creationism side by side, and letting the students decide which one they believe?
    u mad?

i ain't mad

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Give me a fucking break.
    Fantastically defended and unassailable talking points, dissenters beware
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NorthMass View Post
    What is wrong with presenting evolution and creationism side by side, and letting the students decide which one they believe?
    Students are not in public school to adopt life and death myth ideologies. Nothing wrong with presenting religion in a philosophy class but to put it along side science is bizarre and stupid, that's like presenting Geometry and Civics as conflicting worldviews. They're just different subjects, not mutually exclusive. And science and creationism are not mutually exclusive either.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

lol, yeah let's also teach them in math class that 2 + 2 could equal 4 or 5 or that maybe aliens built the eqyptian pyramids and let them decide which they believe.

i hope you were just being sarcastic. somehow, i don't think you were being sarcastic though.

NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000) NorthMass is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp View Post
    Students are not in public school to adopt life and death myth ideologies. Nothing wrong with presenting religion in a philosophy class but to put it along side science is bizarre and stupid, that's like presenting Geometry and Civics as conflicting worldviews. They're just different subjects, not mutually exclusive. And science and creationism are not mutually exclusive either.
    Creationism and science are mutually exclusive when you are talking about the beginning of the universe. You have the creationist theory, which states that God created the universe. And you have the big bang science theory. Those are the two most widely held beliefs, so what is wrong with presenting both? It is impossible to prove either theory wrong, and to say the big bang is 100% fact is wrong.
    u mad?

i ain't mad

ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Creationism and science are mutually exclusive when you are talking about the beginning of the universe. You have the creationist theory, which states that God created the universe. And you have the big bang science theory. Those are the two most widely held beliefs, so what is wrong with presenting both?
    creationism isn't science so why would you teach it in a science class?

Originally Posted by ZexCui View Post
    creationism isn't science so why would you teach it in a science class?
    It is relevant when you are discussing how the universe was created.
    u mad?

i ain't mad

It is relevant when you are discussing how the universe was created.
    but it isn't science. to teach it in science class would give children the impression that it is science.

besides, there is nothing to be even gained from teaching whatever you would teach about creationism because it doesn't make any falsifiable predictions about or describe the mechanics of the big bang. what utility would there be in saying "god did it"? science describes the mechanics behind certain observable phenomena (spelling?). is there a creation myth that even attempts to describe the mechanics of the big bang?

in short, creationism can't be taught in science because it is just completely made up and has no factual basis or valid scientific evidence. creationist just never followed the scientific method when making their creation myth.

if you want creationism to be taught, it would have to be in a mythology class.
    Last edited by ZexCui; 09-24-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MantisShrimp View Post
    God damned - you said it best yet again. Enjoy the reps.

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Creationism and science are mutually exclusive when you are talking about the beginning of the universe. You have the creationist theory, which states that God created the universe. And you have the big bang science theory. Those are the two most widely held beliefs, so what is wrong with presenting both? It is impossible to prove either theory wrong, and to say the big bang is 100% fact is wrong.
    Wipe the drool from your chin - it is unapealling.

user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000) user1245464 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The Big Bang theory is most certainly falsifiable. It just happens that every time we try to falsify it, we find more evidence to suggest it is correct. Creationism, on the other hand, is not falsifiable, and is therefore not within the definition of science or a scientific theory.

Originally Posted by ZexCui View Post
    but it isn't science. to teach it in science class would give children the impression that it is science.

besides, there is nothing to be even gained from teaching whatever you would teach about creationism because it doesn't make any falsifiable predictions about or describe the mechanics of the big bang. what utility would there be in saying "god did it"? science describes the mechanics behind certain observable phenomena (spelling?). is there a creation myth that even attempts to describe the mechanics of the big bang?

in short, creationism can't be taught in science because it is just completely made up and has no factual basis or valid scientific evidence. creationist just never followed the scientific method when making their creation myth.

if you want creationism to be taught, it would have to be in a mythology class.
    There is no proof creationism is a myth, just like there is no proof the big bang is 100% stone cold fact. The big bang is a theory, and creationism is a religious belief, so why not present both since both are the most common ideas to how the universe was created? Personally I think God did the big bang himself, which I guess would be a combo of the two.
    u mad?

i ain't mad

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol, creationism has no evidence to support it's claims and is therefore as factually accurate as teaching kids that a giant marshmallow took a **** and out popped the universe.
    Just because lots of people believe it, doesn't mean it has any scientific credibility whatsoever, and also does not mean it should be given the illusion of being a legitimate answer to anything, not just the beginning of the universe.
    I do think a case can be made for teaching children about the broader subject of religion and the varying beliefs, but to teach it in a science class or to teach it with the premise that it has some academic credibility would be disgraceful.
    It is not a scientific theory because there is no legitimate evidence to support the hypothesis, this is the truth, and pupils should be taught the truth.
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

There is no proof creationism is a myth, just like there is no proof the big bang is 100% stone cold fact. The big bang is a theory, and creationism is a religious belief, so why not present both since both are the most common ideas to how the universe was created? Personally I think God did the big bang himself, which I guess would be a combo of the two.
    the burden of proof is on the creationists to prove their myth, not the other way around.

as i said before, you can teach both, but the big bang belongs in science class, and creation myth belongs in mythology class.

when there is valid scientific evidence for creationism, then it can be taught in science class, after it goes through the scietific method.

do you understand now?

edit: oh yeah, creationism is a myth by default since there is no valid scientific evidence to support it. i don't have to prove it is a myth. that is just laughable that you said that. you can't prove that an invisible pink bunny living on the moon is a myth either. so i guess it isn't a myth? LOL.
    Last edited by ZexCui; 09-24-2008 at 06:21 PM.

SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SurfOnSilver is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    holy crap, i didn't realise people were still using the "you cant disprove it therefore both options are equally likely" argument.

Do you believe in teaching pupils about Zeus? no? Well, there is no proof that Zeus is a myth either, so why not?
    The difference between the big bang and creationism? The big bang has EVIDENCE to support the theory, creationism does not and is therefore as likely to be true as any story I can think of in my head. Do you understand the difference now? It's impossible to disprove anything, which is why we have something called evidence to help us work out what is likely to be true and what isn't.
    Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you. And tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Because creationism doesn't have a lick of science in it. Besides, evolution doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the big bang.

drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Give me a fucking break.
    I think the same exact thing for this evolution **** (I call it ****alution, LOL).

It makes monkeys out of men.

Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000) Boffman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by drew101 View Post
    I think the same exact thing for this evolution **** (I call it ****alution, LOL).

Please refute evolution for us. You must be pretty god damned smart. Considering Evolution has withstood harsh scrutiny from the worlds smartest men for over 150 years.

u=fail lol

shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadowwalker021 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

LOL!

You don't believe evolution because you think it somehow degrades human beings? Sorry pumpkin but you're made out of the exact same **** as the rest of the universe, there isn't a special human atom that separates you from anything else. Aw does that shatter your dreams? Guess you won't believe that either.

TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheLasher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

x2 humans and primates have nothing in common except 99% dna.

drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) drew101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by Boffman View Post
    Please refute evolution for us. You must be pretty god damned smart. Considering Evolution has withstood harsh scrutiny from the worlds smartest men for over 150 years.

u=fail lol
    If the world's smartest men scrutinised evoltuion (and many did indeed), then it makes those evolutionists rather dunce, doesn't it? (LOL)
    Last edited by drew101; 09-24-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Right, the Big Bang is a scientific theory. you might want to look up what that means. Come and find me when creationism becomes a scientific theory.

Have you ever heard of the scientific method? You probably have, because it is required learning early in science classes. It's a method, which means it follows a procedure, with the intent of proving something within the accepted belief system called science. If something can't be proven through this method (whether through experimentation or mathematics) then it is not considered science. Creation can't be proven through the scientific method, therefore it's not science. I'm not saying it's untrue, or bad, or anything. But it isn't science, and doesn't belong in a science classroom. Please understand this basic concept.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Give me a fucking break.
    when armaggeddon comes and people are running for their live as hailstones the size of trucks rain down on them mashing their brains to mush i wonder what will be going through their minds
    alabama"s don mega

Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Then I would like to present astronomy and astrology side by side as well and let the students decide.

Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ruhanv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ONEWORDMAN View Post
    when armaggeddon comes and people are running for their live as hailstones the size of trucks rain down on them mashing their brains to mush i wonder what will be going through their minds
    I already saw Armaggeddon and that film sucked. The soundtrack was ok though.

ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50) ONEWORDMAN will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Originally Posted by Ruhanv View Post
    I already saw Armaggeddon and that film sucked. The soundtrack was ok though.
    good one
    alabama"s don mega

Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ONEWORDMAN View Post
    i'm gonna be thinking 'oh ****, a natural event that has occurred hundreds of times in the history of our planet is occuring at the best possible moment because i'm alive to see it this time. think of all those f*ckers who died before now and didn't get to see this!'

dying in the armageddon would be the coolest way to die, methinks.