Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500)

Keto Diet v.s Scivations' Cut Diet Lean Mass

I'd like to know what the different outcome on these two diets, please.

Cut Diet Lean Mass claims to keeping you lean as possible while slowly adding lean mass. What about the keto diet? Thanks.

(yes red, no douche)

Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd like to know too. Good question!

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ease View Post
    I'd like to know what the different outcome on these two diets, please.

Cut Diet Lean Mass claims to keeping you lean as possible while slowly adding lean mass. What about the keto diet? Thanks.

(yes red, no douche)
    I have been doing Scivation's cut diet for 9 days now and have noticed a huge difference in body composition. The difference is on the Scivation diet you still get 180 grams of carbs daily, depending on how much you weigh. Keto is 30 or less per day. I am holding all of my muscle and losing fat very easily. Now, it's still a hard diet. All your carbs come only from fibrous sources such as broccoli, green beans and asparagus.

The biggest advantage to the Scivation diet is insulin control. There are no starches, so there are no spikes, which means there is no water retention and there is no crash. Even after your high carb meal (every 18th), because you also take in fats, there is no crash. It's a great diet and I recommend it to anyone looking to lose fat.

Google Scivation Cut Diet and download the pdf file.
    Idiotic and inconsequential people are still idiotic and inconsequential.

Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500) Ease is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Npeart View Post
    I have been doing Scivation's cut diet for 9 days now and have noticed a huge difference in body composition. The difference is on the Scivation diet you still get 180 grams of carbs daily, depending on how much you weigh. Keto is 30 or less per day. I am holding all of my muscle and losing fat very easily. Now, it's still a hard diet. All your carbs come only from fibrous sources such as broccoli, green beans and asparagus.

The biggest advantage to the Scivation diet is insulin control. There are no starches, so there are no spikes, which means there is no water retention and there is no crash. Even after your high carb meal (every 18th), because you also take in fats, there is no crash. It's a great diet and I recommend it to anyone looking to lose fat.

Awesome. Yeah, I just downloaded it. So, keto is geared more towards people who want to lose weight quickly while the Scivation diet is a little slower but you gain muscles quicker?

Nice to know that you can eat moderate carbs and still lose weight with the Scivation diet. Perfect. I'll be needing the energy.

Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Npeart is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ease View Post
    Awesome. Yeah, I just downloaded it. So, keto is geared more towards people who want to lose weight quickly while the Scivation diet is a little slower but you gain muscles quicker?

Nice to know that you can eat moderate carbs and still lose weight with the Scivation diet. Perfect. I'll be needing the energy.
    Energy is NO issue on this diet. The first two days I got slight brain fog, but that was it. These guys nailed it with controlling insulin levels.

The cut diet will help you maintain your muscle mass while losing fat. Keto isn't as effective as this diet is. Besides, who wants to eat butter, bacon, sausage and all that $hit? The cut diet is much healthier and you get your fats from almonds/Natty PB.

kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive been on keto for 3 days and i dont think i can do it anymore with class and my complete lack of energy and bad brain fog.

edit*** I just got the link.

Can someone show me a sample of a good diet for a 160 lb person. Or atleast an outline. I know it is a matter of tappering carbs from fibers to veggtables as the day moves on. Also you are suppose to have fat carbs and protein with every meal?

Also is it correct that you can take in 180g's of carbs a day ?
    Last edited by kvdoherty; 08-29-2008 at 07:49 AM.
    6 ft /165 lbs

The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Everybody pities the weak, jealousy-- you have to earn."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50) kvdoherty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump
    6 ft /165 lbs

The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Everybody pities the weak, jealousy-- you have to earn."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50) domenickb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Besides, who wants to eat butter, bacon, sausage and all that $hit?

I know I do.

And if I hear or see one more person state or imply, either implicitly or explicity, that bacon, butter and sausage is unhealthy...I will kill a random child.

ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Are you getting ready for a show? Glad to hear you like the Cut Diet sir. I feel the difference in my Cut Diet vs Keto the fact you do get some carbs and I agree with you fully about the insulin balance. I have seen people do the keto diet and get fantastic results just like I have seen people do the cut diet and get fantastic results. I personally am a HUGE believer in balancing that insulin. We know if we balance insulin we increase fat burning chances and decrease the potential for many disease states. Also by giving the body varying calories (like staggering carbs) the metabolism keeps guessing vs settling in on the same cals daily. Balance insulin, do not let the metabolism adapt is my theory, its not the only way but it does work for many.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Director of Research & Development
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian
    The Cutting Edge Athletics/Lake Forest, CA
    Jab - Mixed Martial Arts & Pure Fitness (Hong Kong), Velocity Athletic Training (Irvine CA)

Nutrition Coach
    Renaissance Club Sport/Aliso Viejo, CA

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strong misunderstanding of both diets here.

Both will control insulin levels. Keto will do it better, due to less carbs.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both.

IMO, Keto might be easier and better for the average person, while the Cut Diet might be better for a pre-contest bodybuilder (this is a highly subjective claim).

Either way, you need to reduce your calories. Either way you are going to have to eat less and fight through some hunger. Just choose which one seems better for you.

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChuckRD View Post
    Are you getting ready for a show? Glad to hear you like the Cut Diet sir. I feel the difference in my Cut Diet vs Keto the fact you do get some carbs and I agree with you fully about the insulin balance. I have seen people do the keto diet and get fantastic results just like I have seen people do the cut diet and get fantastic results. I personally am a HUGE believer in balancing that insulin. We know if we balance insulin we increase fat burning chances and decrease the potential for many disease states. Also by giving the body varying calories (like staggering carbs) the metabolism keeps guessing vs settling in on the same cals daily. Balance insulin, do not let the metabolism adapt is my theory, its not the only way but it does work for many.
    Listen to this guy....

He kinda knows what he's talking about when it comes to The Cut Diet

bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cut diet ALL THE WAY.

16 weeks and 30 pounds later, i won 2 bodybuilding shows in the novice division and couldn't have done it without the cut diet. email derek [@] scivation . com and they will personalize a program just for you and update it on a weekly basis for FREE

nothing else really comes close for cutting, plus keto diets can raise cholesterol and LDL very high
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT
    onwards and upwards; quality not quantity

contest prep thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113042811

Chuck you're a smart guy and you designed this diet perfectly. I told Derek how impressed I was with it. I'm 9 days in (just had my carb meal a few hours ago because I work overnights.) I am already seeing a change in body composition, so I know it works.

No, I am not a competitor. Just a 39 year-old, who wants to get in the best shape of his life. Your diet will do it for me. Thanks so much.

ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckRD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Chuck you're a smart guy and you designed this diet perfectly. I told Derek how impressed I was with it. I'm 9 days in (just had my carb meal a few hours ago because I work overnights.) I am already seeing a change in body composition, so I know it works.

No, I am not a competitor. Just a 39 year-old, who wants to get in the best shape of his life. Your diet will do it for me. Thanks so much.
    My pleasure, its just another way to get lean. We have always stated that our methods are not the ONLY way, just a way that we know how to use and manipulate for others. I am glad to hear things are going well for you. Keep up the good work. Since you are early in the diet, ever thought of getting blood work and then getting blood work 14-16 weeks later? It would be interesting to see the potential changes based on the insulin balancing effects.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian
    Jab - Mixed Martial Arts & Pure Fitness (Hong Kong), Velocity Athletic Training (Irvine CA)

Nutrition Coach

My pleasure, its just another way to get lean. We have always stated that our methods are not the ONLY way, just a way that we know how to use and manipulate for others. I am glad to hear things are going well for you. Keep up the good work. Since you are early in the diet, ever thought of getting blood work and then getting blood work 14-16 weeks later? It would be interesting to see the potential changes based on the insulin balancing effects.
    No, did not consider the bloodwork thing. My doc would want to know why (HMO's *rolls eyes*) and probably would not order the tests. I know it's working because I have no couch coma or crash. My energy levels are the best they have ever been. I used to eat 4-5 cups of brown rice per day and always felt tired and lousy. Had to take naps, etc. Now I feel amazing. Insulin control is the name of the game.

No, did not consider the bloodwork thing. My doc would want to know why (HMO's *rolls eyes*) and probably would not order the tests. I know it's working because I have no couch coma or crash. My energy levels are the best they have ever been. I used to eat 4-5 cups of brown rice per day and always felt tired and lousy. Had to take naps, etc. Now I feel amazing. Insulin control is the name of the game.
    LLOL. Freaking HMO's HEYFREAKINGZEUS. I hear ya man. I have to agree with you on the insulin balance, thats the little nitch that got me that CNN Accent Health feature dietitian gig this year, they loved it and the results the lady got were insane.
    Chuck Rudolph MEd, RD
    Scivation/PrimaForce
    www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Sport Dietitian

Nutrition Coach

LLOL. Freaking HMO's HEYFREAKINGZEUS. I hear ya man. I have to agree with you on the insulin balance, thats the little nitch that got me that CNN Accent Health feature dietitian gig this year, they loved it and the results the lady got were insane.
    Chuck, my biggest concern on this diet is maintaining my muscle, while cutting fat. How many weeks does it take to lean out and hold muscle on average? I see a fellow poster dropped 30 pounds, which to me is too much. I do not want to be 190 pounds!

What do you suggest??

bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bryce126 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chuck, my biggest concern on this diet is maintaining my muscle, while cutting fat. How many weeks does it take to lean out and hold muscle on average? I see a fellow poster dropped 30 pounds, which to me is too much. I do not want to be 190 pounds!

What do you suggest??
    that was weight that i didn't want (fat). it all depends on where you start, but the diet is programmed to be ~16 weeks. just start the diet and drop calories when needed until you reach the point you are happy with
    Bryce Lewis, IFPA CPT
    onwards and upwards; quality not quantity

contest prep thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113042811

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bryce126 View Post

nothing else really comes close for cutting, plus keto diets can raise cholesterol and LDL very high
    My cholesterol went down on keto

The biggest advantage to the Scivation diet is insulin control.
    Keto controls insulin even better imo
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Originally Posted by bryce126 View Post
    that was weight that i didn't want (fat). it all depends on where you start, but the diet is programmed to be ~16 weeks. just start the diet and drop calories when needed until you reach the point you are happy with
    Ok, bro. Thanks. Wow, 16 weeks is a long time to be on this diet.

Ok, bro. Thanks. Wow, 16 weeks is a long time to be on this diet.
    Why?

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Why?
    I'm not a fan of fibrous carbs, but I am eating them. . green beans mostly.

Plus 16 weeks with no cheat meals? That is brutal.

I'm not a fan of fibrous carbs, but I am eating them. . green beans mostly.

Plus 16 weeks with no cheat meals? That is brutal.
    Well, agreed on the cheat meal part. Although if I was going to compete, you can bet I'd suck it up.

Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Well, agreed on the cheat meal part. Although if I was going to compete, you can bet I'd suck it up.
    Agreed, but I am not competing.

Registered User northwestmuscle's Avatar
    northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) northwestmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed, but I am not competing.
    While I'm no expert, if you're not competing I'm sure a cheat meal occassionally won't throw you off course

Originally Posted by northwestmuscle View Post
    While I'm no expert, if you're not competing I'm sure a cheat meal occassionally won't throw you off course
    Within reason, no.

push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000) push_it is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know some one who followed the Cut Diet and really enjoyed it.
    I have not yet tried the Cut Diet but I am currently following the CHA 2 Diet (Carb Haters Anonymous). It's been great! I haven't felt any crashes and there is a cheat meal once a week..... now who wouldn't want that! Before this diet I did the Life Style Cut Diet and it helped me lose some unwanted bodyfat. I love the Scivation Diets! Insulin control trully is KEY when it comes to weight and muscle management!
    Control it or it will control you