scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scrilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question Going to the grocery store with your client?

Any of you ever go to the grocery store with a client, such as one wanting to lose weight? You teach them how to read labels and go with them through the store, and just help them select good foods?

Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Environ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I haven't done it, nor would I do it (I don't think I would anyway). I prefer to teach people about portion control and making healthy choices and steer away from nutrition labels (basically, I tell them that, if it comes in a box or a packet, they should consider leaving it on the shelf).

To be honest, most people have some idea of what's good and what's bad (I suppose I cannot speak for America, but over here they do anyway). The real problem is that they are reluctant to change old habits. In my opinion, they have to take responsibility for this aspect of their lives (with the support of the trainer for sure), just the same way that they have to be responsible and commit to a regular exercise programme. I discuss diet quite a bit during consultations and even during workouts anyway.
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

ISSA CFT, SPN, FT, SSC, SFN
    NSCA CSCS

catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10) catheitz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i have friends that are trainers and they have their clients pay a fee and they go to their house and make them meals for the week...like 12 chicken breasts (mass quanitites) and just put it all in tuberwear so that they can just take their 6-8 meals even if they are busy and that way you collect extra cash too plus your client is being helped and educated along the way
    -c.heitz
    I'm like the perfect disaster; and once you start watching you just can't take your eyes off her.

"energy and persistance conquer anything." -Benjamin Franklin

Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Diesel 7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Never would I.

I may make some general suggestions regarding diet, but if they client wants to explore diet further I schedule them a consult with our in house nutritionalist.

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes i do. I actually went last week with 3 clients to Ralphs. We went as a group and walked down the isles, each with their own shopping baskets. It's actually a great way to recruit more clientel. People watch and ask questions. I hand them my business cards, and carry on. Out of the 2 that asked, 1 followed through and she starts training on monday.

I only do this on my down time once in a while, and it shows the client that you care. It takes an hour tops out of my day, and if i gain a new client out of it, then my hr and then some was paid for.
    Last edited by MVP; 07-25-2008 at 04:31 PM.