NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A quick newbie question about bulking/cutting

So, I've been trying to bulk for a time. I'm 77.5kg. I eat about 1gr. of protein per pound. My BW has stopped growing. Since it's summer now i go out everyday to the beach i swim about 30min. and play football/volleybal for about an hour.
    What result of this is? Am i cutting or am i bulking clean? Or have i've just stopped making any progress?
    Longterm goal - 90kg[200lbs]

gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NoFlag View Post
    So, I've been trying to bulk for a time. I'm 77.5kg. I eat about 1gr. of protein per pound. My BW has stopped growing. Since it's summer now i go out everyday to the beach i swim about 30min. and play football/volleybal for about an hour.
    What result of this is? Am i cutting or am i bulking clean? Or have i've just stopped making any progress?

To make continuous progress, you should count calories every day or at least eat enough to ensure you are gaining weight. By counting calories, you will know how much you need to continue your weight gain. Weigh yourself at the same time each week (as explained on http://www.weight-lifting-complete.c...-schedule.html) under the same conditions. Increase calories when you aren't gaining weight any more. Ensure you are lifting weights and getting stronger each workout. Get more reps or raise the weight each workout.

Bulking means you are gaining weight. Cutting means you losing weight. If you want to cut, focus on losing weight each week. For bulking, shoot for 1-2 pounds of weight gain per week. For cutting, shoot for 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week. Hope this helps. Use Fitday.com or similar for counting calories!
    This is the MOST POWERFUL Muscle Building and Fat Burning Program on THE PLANET...

The WLC Program: http://www.weight-lifting-complete.com/wlc-program.html

I used the WLC Program to build over 70 pounds of muscle onto my small frame. I now weigh in at 240 pounds and 12% body fat at a height of 5'11".

NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I ment - I'm doing so much cardio so I must be cutting soemthing off, right?
    And since the BW stays the same - can't I be packing some muscles? Or I'm just wasting the food/money
    Longterm goal - 90kg[200lbs]

gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gainin_muscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You could be gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time meaning your body weight may stay the same. But, I would focus on either gaining or losing. I wouldn't try to stay the same weight and make progress. You'll find yourself looking the same after a while...eat to gain weight or eat to lose weight. You'll make much more progress that way!
    This is the MOST POWERFUL Muscle Building and Fat Burning Program on THE PLANET...

The WLC Program: http://www.weight-lifting-complete.com/wlc-program.html

I used the WLC Program to build over 70 pounds of muscle onto my small frame. I now weigh in at 240 pounds and 12% body fat at a height of 5'11".