Closed Thread
Page 148 of 364 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,440 of 10915
    henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Its official! GRABBED LIFE BY THE HORNS! All meals in & headed down the highway homeward bound

If you haven't already seen it, check out this video which is now available on my you-tube channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PositiveEnergy247/videos

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please check out my updated journal and leave comments or questions. Also if I can improve it in anyway please let me know.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post828202151

Workout video's to come soon.
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OK... so I need to change my splits to get biceps in front of triceps.

Do I add a day off (not a fan of doing that) or just flip them giving them 1 day less rest?
    Of all the muscles, those are the ones that recover the fastest for me because I never get to really blast them due to that stupid injury.

Leaning towards doing them on short rest.

Thoughts?
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    OK... so I need to change my splits to get biceps in front of triceps.

Do I add a day off (not a fan of doing that) or just flip them giving them 1 day less rest?
    Of all the muscles, those are the ones that recover the fastest for me because I never get to really blast them due to that stupid injury.

Leaning towards doing them on short rest.

Thoughts?
    whats the split now?

Pers i would lean towards skipping them a week if you have a bicep injury.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You become what you think about. If you think about nothing..... you become nothing. Think about being a MASS MACHINE today.

Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro

Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    whats the split now?

Pers i would lean towards skipping them a week if you have a bicep injury.
    It's not a bicep injury...it's a nerve in my arm that just doesn't allow me to curl heavy weights.

Splits not are:
    Chest/Tri
    Back/Bi
    Shoulders/calves
    Legs

Abs are done every other workout

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Assignment #5 - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Video #29

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    “Success is 99 percent failure.”

----Soichiro Honda

#IAmAMassMachine!

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's not a bicep injury...it's a nerve in my arm that just doesn't allow me to curl heavy weights.

Splits not are:
    Chest/Tri
    Back/Bi
    Shoulders/calves
    Legs

Abs are done every other workout
    oh so its a long term thing?

days off in between any of those days?

have u tried breaking arms out into their own day or planning something like chest/bis and back with tris? i see some people do this and maybe it would help with the nerve thing?

i feel the best way to figure out a split is simply by doing it. i havent done the above mentioned split yet but would like to. atm i think i need to move from a 4 day to a 5 day split cause im hitting it so hard i dont feel like im recovery right.

currently i do:

sun: off
    mon: chest/tris
    tues: back/bis/mid trap
    wed: off
    thurs: legs/calves
    fri: delts/traps
    sat: off/optional day.

core, cardio, stretch, mobility where i can.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

The nerve thing is pretty permanent... had surgery at the first of the year on it... HUGE improvement but still painful.
    My workouts are 2 days on... 1 day off. Has to be that way because of work.

I do switch it up about every 8 weeks... right now doing all abduction moves together and adduction moves together.

I'm going to just double back/bi's for this week. Back is my weak area and bi's can always use another workout...they recover in 24 hours because i can't go heavy.
    My whole reasoning for moving bi's in front of tri's is that after tri workout...preacher curls are pretty painful the next day! LOL.... been hitting tris really hard and following them with bi's the next day has been uncomfortable...to say the least.

The nerve thing is pretty permanent... had surgery at the first of the year on it... HUGE improvement but still painful.
    My workouts are 2 days on... 1 day off. Has to be that way because of work.

I do switch it up about every 8 weeks... right now doing all abduction moves together and adduction moves together.

I'm going to just double back/bi's for this week. Back is my weak area and bi's can always use another workout...they recover in 24 hours because i can't go heavy.
    My whole reasoning for moving bi's in front of tri's is that after tri workout...preacher curls are pretty painful the next day! LOL.... been hitting tris really hard and following them with bi's the next day has been uncomfortable...to say the least.
    well u figured it out man. no 1 knows u like u and i believe this also falls under Skips coachings of telling us no cookie cutter program.

i was hitting arms and chest back x2 per week but once i focused more on intensity i just couldnt do it anymore. id like to try to keep a lesser volume arms workout in to hit them x2 once my bis recover. they are pretty toast right now.

There's a Difference Between "Black or White" and "Cookie Cutter"

You guys aren't understanding my point.

The point that I continually make is that finding the right answers just are not "BLACK or WHITE" like people try to make them.

The problem with trying to make things "BLACK or WHITE" when they are not is that people give up in frustration. Or, they just settle with inferior strategies and just defend those inferior strategies to their death to make them "black or white" in their own mind. That's the ONLY way they can develop the certainty and confidence they need to go forward.

Both of those paths are NOT going to help you become your very best.

The fact of the matter is I DO believe in "cookie cutter" programs and diets.

Hell, I can give everyone of you a diet and training program that will produce results that will get you at least 90% of the way "there."

Then with that level of success, you can figure out the last 10% very easily over time.

For most of you, that would be a HUGE improvement from where you are right now.

The challenge?

You don't believe things can work that way; you end up doubting the diet and training program when you inevitably aren't progressing as fast as you "think" you should (the same challenge everyone on the planet inevitably goes through from time to time); you start asking other people who have limited experiences and perspective what they--which leads to more confusion; and you don't have the mindset or level of execution to get your 90%.

Now, I think you can understand why "gurus" just pound their way of doing into your heads; sell their way as "the only way"; and provide no other options.

People tend to want to make things "black or white."

This is obviously a complex topic that isn't easy for people to understand.

The world does operate in "black or white"--even though things would be a lot easier if it did. You can force people and life situations to be "black or white" if you want--but that approach will eventually collapse upon you.

The people who are mentally flexible enough to work confidently and consistently within the "grey" are usually the most successful in life.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-08-2012 at 07:32 AM.

I do understand what you are saying Skip. At first when I would listen to your vids I thought to myself "why doesnt he give specifics" then looking back into my own experiences I realized that even though you can give what I will label as an exercise or nutrition template(s) its up to the individual to adhere to the template and make any changes if needed.

I do help quite a few people myself be it on the forums, at the gym, or at work. I give them a template and have them report back in 2 weeks and lets see where they are and frankly most people dont seem to be able to stick to a plan or can even tell me how many cals they are taking in but are quick to blame the "diet" saying its not working for them. They dont realize that one cheat meal can throw away an entire weeks progress.

I am no where in your league skip but can relate on a much smaller scale with your "black and white" term and not allowing someone the challenge of learning some stuff on their own cause how can someone really learn something if all they want is to be spoon fed. again, this is just my 2 cents.

When you say for us to do the leg work I know exactly what you meant/mean. I myself use a workout log and track cals most days cause without data how can one truly know what is or isnt working.

I am here to learn what you have to offer and find some things very interesting!

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    There's a Difference Between "Black or White" and "Cookie Cutter"

You guys aren't understanding my point.

The point that I continually make is that finding the right answers just are not "BLACK or WHITE" like people try to make them.

The problem with trying to make things "BLACK or WHITE" when they are not is that people give up in frustration. Or, they just settle with inferior strategies and just defend those inferior strategies to their death to make them "black or white" in their own mind. That's the ONLY way they can develop the certainty and confidence they need to go forward.

Both of those paths are NOT going to help you become your very best.

The fact of the matter is I DO believe in "cookie cutter" programs and diets.

Hell, I can give everyone of you a diet and training program that will produce results that will get you at least 90% of the way "there."

Then with that level of success, you can figure out the last 10% very easily over time.

For most of you, that would be a HUGE improvement from where you are right now.

The challenge?

You don't believe things can work that way; you end up doubting the diet and training program when you inevitably aren't progressing as fast as you "think" you should (the same challenge everyone on the planet inevitably goes through from time to time); you start asking other people who have limited experiences and perspective what they--which leads to more confusion; and you don't have the mindset or level of execution to get your 90%.

Now, I think you can understand why "gurus" just pound their way of doing into your heads; sell their way as "the only way"; and provide no other options.

People tend to want to make things "black or white."

This is obviously a complex topic that isn't easy for people to understand.

The world does operate in "black or white"--even though things would be a lot easier if it did. You can force people and life situations to be "black or white" if you want--but that approach will eventually collapse upon you.

The people who are mentally flexible enough to work confidently and consistently within the "grey" are usually the most successful in life.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    I do understand what you are saying Skip. At first when I would listen to your vids I thought to myself "why doesnt he give specifics" then looking back into my own experiences I realized that even though you can give what I will label as an exercise or nutrition template(s) its up to the individual to adhere to the template and make any changes if needed.

I do help quite a few people myself be it on the forums, at the gym, or at work. I give them a template and have them report back in 2 weeks and lets see where they are and frankly most people dont seem to be able to stick to a plan or can even tell me how many cals they are taking in but are quick to blame the "diet" saying its not working for them. They dont realize that one cheat meal can throw away an entire weeks progress.

I am no where in your league skip but can relate on a much smaller scale with your "black and white" term and not allowing someone the challenge of learning some stuff on their own cause how can someone really learn something if all they want is to be spoon fed. again, this is just my 2 cents.

When you say for us to do the leg work I know exactly what you meant/mean. I myself use a workout log and track cals most days cause without data how can one truly know what is or isnt working.

I am here to learn what you have to offer and find some things very interesting!
    An effective teacher builds trust and rapport with his students BEFORE he starts "laying down the law" (so to speak).

I WILL BE GIVING YOU SPECIFICS. TRUST ME.

I will also dispel all of those things that you all "think" are working for you--but you aren't attributing your success to the right strategies.

There's a saying that goes "This doesn't always equal that." This means that, yes, you are getting results--but just fro the reasons you think you are.

I absolutely MUST help you develop the "Mindset of a Champion" FIRST.

That's exactly what I am doing in these first couple of months.

An effective teacher builds trust and rapport with his students BEFORE he starts "laying down the law" (so to speak).

I WILL BE GIVING YOU SPECIFICS. TRUST ME.

I will also dispel all of those things that you all "think" are working for you--but you aren't attributing your success to the right strategies.

There's a saying that goes "This doesn't always equal that." This means that, yes, you are getting results--but just fro the reasons you think you are.

I absolutely MUST help you develop the "Mindset of a Champion" FIRST.

That's exactly what I am doing in these first couple of months.
    Looking forward to it!

FAIR WARNING TO ALL OF YOU GIVING YOUR ADVICE TO OTHER MASS MACHINES DURING THIS JOURNEY:

I've heard a lot of advice given in this forum that just is plain inaccurate.

I totally appreciate and respect your PASSION and WILLINGNESS TO HELP OTHERS.

Unfortunately, you are simply "regurgitating" all of the same old stuff that people who have been training for a couple of years (or less) commonly think at that level of experience.

Will what you are saying "work"? Well, sure. Anything you do will "work" to some extent.

You all came here for my over 20 years of experience training, executing, and coaching people at the highest level--not to hear the opinions of passionate yet a little misguided people who have been training for only a few years.

You came here for the most effective and efficient strategies. You came here to learn the quickest way to get from "Point A" to "Point B."

That's exactly what I will giving you during this six-month Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge--in my typical no B.S. style.

So, put on your "big boy" pants and willingly, joyfully, and enthusiastically take your "spankings" when needed.

All with the purpose of helping you become the very best you can be, my brothers!

Train Hard. Think Big.

TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10) TaylorYeates is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    FAIR WARNING TO ALL OF YOU GIVING YOUR ADVICE TO OTHER MASS MACHINES DURING THIS JOURNEY:

I've heard a lot of advice given in this forum that just is plain inaccurate.

I totally appreciate and respect your PASSION and WILLINGNESS TO HELP OTHERS.

Unfortunately, you are simply "regurgitating" all of the same old stuff that people who have been training for a couple of years (or less) commonly think at that level of experience.

Will what you are saying "work"? Well, sure. Anything you do will "work" to some extent.

You all came here for my over 20 years of experience training, executing, and coaching people at the highest level--not to hear the opinions of passionate yet a little misguided people who have been training for only a few years.

You came here for the most effective and efficient strategies. You came here to learn the quickest way to get from "Point A" to "Point B."

That's exactly what I will giving you during this six-month Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge--in my typical no B.S. style.

So, put on your "big boy" pants and willingly, joyfully, and enthusiastically take your "spankings" when needed.

All with the purpose of helping you become the very best you can be, my brothers!

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Skip im worried that by the time you give us some specifics the bulking phase will already be coming to a close. To me this is the most important phase as i want to build the most muscle is the shortest period of time. Im developing the mindset but what if the program and diet im using are not as effective as they could of been if you gave the specifics for the bulk phase. Hope you know where im coming from as i do understand how important the mindset is.

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Originally Posted by TaylorYeates View Post
    Skip im worried that by the time you give us some specifics the bulking phase will already be coming to a close. To me this is the most important phase as i want to build the most muscle is the shortest period of time. Im developing the mindset but what if the program and diet im using are not as effective as they could of been if you gave the specifics for the bulk phase. Hope you know where im coming from as i do understand how important the mindset is.
    I guess I need to be even more clear:

I have given out many specifics already. I just can't address every single point that you've heard on the internet that you'll come back to me and say, for example:

"But I heard that heavy reps with more weight is only good for strength--but not good for gaining size!"

Please INVEST THE TIME IN YOURSELF by reviewing all of this work (and specifics) I've already done for you! Not for me---for YOURSELF.

Download a FREE pdf file of this list of conveniently categorized
    hot links of the "Best Questions Answered in this Skip La Cour"
    Bodybuilding.com Forum
    thread for future reference by clicking here

===================================

What specifics do you need to know that I have not outlined so far?

BE SPECIFIC.

You get great answers in life only when you ask great questions.

Don't ASSUME you are doing anything wrong if you are following the advice I've given out so far.

Write out out every single question you have (take the time needed to do this) and I will address every point on Sunday's podcast.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Hey Skip & Fellow MASS MACHINES,
    I just wanted to share with you all part of my Challenge so far.
    I have never tried Bulking & Cutting phase before and it is only recently (last 12 months) that I have found this passion for Bodybuilding.
    The workout and nutritional plan I am using I actually started on the 1st of January 2012 which consisted of consuming 2200 Calories a day which I have monitored on a weekly basis and increased gradually by 200 – 300 calories because I noticed that my weight continued to drop from 174lbs down to 166lbs which is quite a lot (probably just getting rid of a lot of junk from the festive period). I am now consuming 3200 calories a day which to me is amazing to me and I’ll tell you why:

I have never in my life consumed more than around 2400 calories a day on a consistent basis so this is new territory to me, maybe I had more now and then but not regularly.
    In the past when I did eat more than 2400 I began to feel fat. Growing up as a fat kid, I definitely had fat man syndrome where I was terrified of eating too much in fear of getting fat again.

My 3200 Calories a day to me looks like so much food, sometimes I look at a meal and think it’s for two people (well probably would be enough for two regular people) and I am amazed how well my body has adapted to the increase in calories.
    Today I even thought I could increase it more soon because my weight has increased slightly and my body fat/the amount of body fat I am comfortable with seems to have stayed similar to what it was, in fact I am sure it has gone lower.
    I feel great, my clothes actually fit better and I feel that my body is changing its shape, which is all great news.

I always knew I needed to eat more and it has taken this Challenge and my own belief in my Workout & Nutritional Plan to overcome my fat man syndrome.

The Mindset of a Champion, well I’ll be honest, I didn’t know it existed. I was naïve, uneducated and believed any successful sports person had achieved their results from genetics or something I didn’t have.
    So now to get an insight into developing my own mind, into that of a Champion makes me feel awesome. The way I can visualize my workouts in my mind and push myself to a higher level, it makes me so happy when I do get that extra rep, or go higher on a weight, or run that little further, because I know in the past I’d have given up.

So I have learnt so much from this Challenge so far and look forward to graduating from Results University.

Thanks Skip & Fellow Mass Machines

Mattpb
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

Originally Posted by mattpb View Post
    Hey Skip & Fellow MASS MACHINES,
    I just wanted to share with you all part of my Challenge so far.
    I have never tried Bulking & Cutting phase before and it is only recently (last 12 months) that I have found this passion for Bodybuilding.
    The workout and nutritional plan I am using I actually started on the 1st of January 2012 which consisted of consuming 2200 Calories a day which I have monitored on a weekly basis and increased gradually by 200 – 300 calories because I noticed that my weight continued to drop from 174lbs down to 166lbs which is quite a lot (probably just getting rid of a lot of junk from the festive period). I am now consuming 3200 calories a day which to me is amazing to me and I’ll tell you why:

I have never in my life consumed more than around 2400 calories a day on a consistent basis so this is new territory to me, maybe I had more now and then but not regularly.
    In the past when I did eat more than 2400 I began to feel fat. Growing up as a fat kid, I definitely had fat man syndrome where I was terrified of eating too much in fear of getting fat again.

My 3200 Calories a day to me looks like so much food, sometimes I look at a meal and think it’s for two people (well probably would be enough for two regular people) and I am amazed how well my body has adapted to the increase in calories.
    Today I even thought I could increase it more soon because my weight has increased slightly and my body fat/the amount of body fat I am comfortable with seems to have stayed similar to what it was, in fact I am sure it has gone lower.
    I feel great, my clothes actually fit better and I feel that my body is changing its shape, which is all great news.

I always knew I needed to eat more and it has taken this Challenge and my own belief in my Workout & Nutritional Plan to overcome my fat man syndrome.

The Mindset of a Champion, well I’ll be honest, I didn’t know it existed. I was naïve, uneducated and believed any successful sports person had achieved their results from genetics or something I didn’t have.
    So now to get an insight into developing my own mind, into that of a Champion makes me feel awesome. The way I can visualize my workouts in my mind and push myself to a higher level, it makes me so happy when I do get that extra rep, or go higher on a weight, or run that little further, because I know in the past I’d have given up.

So I have learnt so much from this Challenge so far and look forward to graduating from Results University.

Thanks Skip & Fellow Mass Machines

Mattpb
    Awesome feedback, mattpb!

Good for you for taking the "leap of faith" because now you are reaping the rewards and have gained valuable practical experience that will last your entire life!

You see, MASS MACHINES, you aren't going to learn what he EARNED from a nutrition book made for regular fat people who don't watch what they eat at all or workout consistently.

You aren't going to learn that from a passionate bodybuilding web site written by a guy who has training for three years.

In addition, you aren't going to learn what he earned from a metabolic rate/maintenance level calculator on the internet--that's really is just trying to get "black and white" a place to start.

Read mattpb's experiences so far in the "Challenge"--and then listen to Conference Call #2 again. You'll hear that's exactly what I told you would happen--although it sounds so "counter-intuitive."

Bulking Phase - Conference Call #2 - January 19, 2012

Click here for Part One

Click here for Part Two

Great job, mattpb.

You, sir, are a MASS MACHINE!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    [/QUOTE]

Measurements going UP in the right places and DOWN in the right places.... Total weight gained 2 pounds.
    Finally today I got off 192 and hit 194.

Small victories add up to winning the battle.

Did a "Hot" Yoga class tonight.... unreal tough stuff.

nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nnemetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Hey Mass Machines,

I wanted to share something that I am sure many of you have also experienced and give credit where credit is due (to Skip). I find that I am WAY too busy to spend time researching and experimenting with anything bodybuilding related. With my training, meals, career, family, and higher education my days are packed and highly scheduled. It is such a relief knowing if I come with any bodybuilding questions I don’t have to waist any time. I just go to Skip’s resources and whatever it says to do,… I do period.

The same goes for supplements, I get (and have for a long time) all my supplement from Mass Machine Nutrition. In fact, I had an experience that came up with an order last month and the way Skip handled it totally exceeded my expectations. I have 100% confidence and certainty that Skip really stands behind his products. That is extremely important to me since I’m putting them into my body.

I am honored to participate in this challenge and for making connections with everyone else who is on this journey. Keep pushing Mass Machines!
    In Bodybuilding there are no last second lucky shots, no lucky punches, no sudden death, you where either disciplined, sacrificed, and determined… not for weeks or months but years…you either got it done or you didn’t.

GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Finally got in to see a Doc today. Shoulder was almost unusable for a couple of days. I was getting pretty depressed about it, taking way too many days off training, letting my diet slip as a result (I'm very bad for this)

Doc says I have "Rotator Cuff Syndrome" Who knew there was a syndrome? All this time I thought it was Arthritis (the doc did get me to get some blood drawn to check) and she thinks it's my rotator cuff. She prescribed me some cream I am to apply 3-4 times a day. I've applied it twice so far and I am literally amazed! I wasn't even going to pick it up because I thought it was your typical smelly cream you buy from the store but I was wrong.

Also got prescribed for Ultrasound and Acupuncture therapy which is probably a good idea seeing as this has been building up for the last 6 months.

Hoping I can continue workouts, must be careful not to aggravate however.
    MASS MACHINE bulking and cutting program challenge participant.
    Start Date: Mon Jan 16th
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141326851

Jan 15th - 217.2 lbs @ 17.8%
    Jan 22nd - 215 @ 17.1%
    Jan 29th - 216.9 @ 17.4%

You are born frail and weak, you die frail and weak. What you look like in between is up to you.

ajh7471 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheat Meal

While updating my journal tonight I had a realization about my planned cheat meal that i have every wednesday night. Tonight my 'cheat' meal was a 6oz Steak and a 1/2 bag romaine lettuce w Caesar dressing croutons/cheese. It dawned on me that each week my 'cheat' meals are becoming healthier each week as my mindset of how I approach eating is changing. Used to be that steak and salad would be a 'diet' meal and cheating was a whole pizza a few times a week. This change in mindset that comes from following a structured eating plan really is working!

Originally Posted by ajh7471 View Post
    While updating my journal tonight I had a realization about my planned cheat meal that i have every wednesday night. Tonight my 'cheat' meal was a 6oz Steak and a 1/2 bag romaine lettuce w Caesar dressing croutons/cheese. It dawned on me that each week my 'cheat' meals are becoming healthier each week as my mindset of how I approach eating is changing. Used to be that steak and salad would be a 'diet' meal and cheating was a whole pizza a few times a week. This change in mindset that comes from following a structured eating plan really is working!
    Awesome, brother!

You are developing the Mindset of a Champion.

Eating is now becoming more of a "means to an end" rather than a form of comfort and/or entertainment for you.

You, sir, are a MASS MACHINE!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by GibTech View Post
    Finally got in to see a Doc today. Shoulder was almost unusable for a couple of days. I was getting pretty depressed about it, taking way too many days off training, letting my diet slip as a result (I'm very bad for this)

Doc says I have "Rotator Cuff Syndrome" Who knew there was a syndrome? All this time I thought it was Arthritis (the doc did get me to get some blood drawn to check) and she thinks it's my rotator cuff. She prescribed me some cream I am to apply 3-4 times a day. I've applied it twice so far and I am literally amazed! I wasn't even going to pick it up because I thought it was your typical smelly cream you buy from the store but I was wrong.

Also got prescribed for Ultrasound and Acupuncture therapy which is probably a good idea seeing as this has been building up for the last 6 months.

Hoping I can continue workouts, must be careful not to aggravate however.
    Make sure that what you can't do with your training you make up for with impeccable eating habits until you are back to 100%, GibTech.

You'll be amazed as to what an impressive transformation you can make--even with limited training--when you take your eating habits to the next level.

Your eating habits are that important.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Important Points to Consider When Determining Your Body Fat Percentage - #30

Click here to order

"Either your raise your standards, work harder, and work more intelligently to get what you really want in life—or you lower your expectations. You can’t just keep doing what you’ve always been doing. You are going to have to do one or the other.”

--Skip La Cour

#IAmAMassMachine!

Closed Thread
Page 148 of 364 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast