rasul2045 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

workout journals?

who keeps a workout journal?.,...... is it helpful, or is it a distraction?

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: workout journals?

Originally posted by rasul2045
    who keeps a workout journal?.,...... is it helpful, or is it a distraction?
    Its very helpful. It shows wut exercises, sets/reps, and workouts worked best for you and gave you the best gains. I always keep one around somewhere .
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

fsheva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Extremely helpful. Never leave my house without it.

persevere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

journals

for sure keep a journal, i dont see many ppl that do in my gym, but i've found that it's helped me so much. otherwise when i head to the gym a week after hitting a bodypart i dont remember the weight and reps i used on every set of every exercise! THis way you take the journal keep track and when you head back next time your not using too light of a weight to start with or going too heavy, and your able to see if your making progress and you can push yourself harder to get past your last weeks poundage or rep number.
    plus you can jot down notes of what to do that you need to remind yourself of, i'd be lost with out mine
    "Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated"- gnc

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You guys can keep a journal at my site and it will be published online. (free)

www.fortifiedIron.com

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) costasoldatos has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Journal is a must

IF you are serious about training, a journal is a must. Keeps track of progress, the best thing I ever did was keep a journal, Every week I go up in reps or weight, I can't remember the weight I used on every machine.
    Darkhead

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Journal is a must

Originally posted by costasoldatos
    IF you are serious about training, a journal is a must. Keeps track of progress, the best thing I ever did was keep a journal, Every week I go up in reps or weight, I can't remember the weight I used on every machine.
    Hell yeah. I work out in my homegym, so I keep my journal down there on my little training table. Journal's are great, plus you can see what has worked for you in the past. You can make them really complex or simple.

Each week I use a different page in the journal, and keep my bodyweight for that week on the top (weigh myself on mondays). Then I list the date, exercises sets and reps.

You can also keep logs in there on your measurements and diet, what kind of supplements you are taking.

It also helps keep things in perspective. For example, if you do bench presses, followed by weighted dips, your poundages will be a lot different than if you do incline, bench, military press, then the weighted dips. Instead of just remembering HOW much weight and how many reps you did, you can reference it to how well you are doing based on previous workouts with the exercises in that order. Hmm, lotta words but I think you should see that your weighted dip poundages will drop doing them after so much pressing.
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/bluehazard/

LG Psarm/Anadraulic State Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113518011

musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musics173 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it helps keep you focused