Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ronnie Coleman's Advice for Back

a coworker of mine went to the BSN Workout with Ronnie Weekend a few weeks ago. He said he learned a lot in that weekend. One thing he picked up from Ronnie was his back workout. My friend said all Ronnie does for back is rows and deads. Barbell rows (overhand wide and yates), corner rows, db rows, and deads..... that's it. no chins or pulldowns. he says he saves those and seated rows for precontest only.

what are your thoughts?

i gave it a shot yesterday and it was great. anyone else do something similar? i've seen people do one width and one thickness workout.... but never ONLY ROWS.

PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Summed up:

What works for some may or may not work for others.

05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 05impalaSS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    he has to have some sort of Lat pulldown....his back is fukin wide

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PrisonerDilemma View Post
    Summed up:

What works for some may or may not work for others.
    meh.....

the dude once had one of the best backs of all time. maybe he knows what's up.

Originally Posted by 05impalaSS View Post
    he has to have some sort of Lat pulldown....his back is fukin wide
    i've seen him do pulldowns in magazines and videos... but you know they sometimes do that **** just for show.

_XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    could depend on type of shoulder clavicle. heard some guys here have a fair bit knowledge on thios maybe they can chime in
    __________Relax. Its just a bunch of pixels on a screen___________

Originally Posted by manfred99 View Post
    could depend on type of shoulder clavicle. heard some guys here have a fair bit knowledge on thios maybe they can chime in
    i don't really buy the straight vs. curved clavicle thing.... well, not for back. a straight clavicle tends to make it hard to develop size in between the shoulder blades though.
    Last edited by SDFlip; 03-24-2008 at 03:33 AM.

_XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lats do span across the shoulder joint to attach upper arm to torso. different shoulder structures will change angle of pull & alter focus of certain exercises.
    __________Relax. Its just a bunch of pixels on a screen___________

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thing is when your lats are as big as Ronnie Coleman's you probably won't need chins or pulldowns to make them wider, because they're already so big you can't keep your arms down.

tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tropo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    meh.....

the dude once had one of the best backs of all time. maybe he knows what's up.
    The dude also apparently had 20 inch arms and vascular legs before he started his bodybuilding training in 1990. He's a true genetic freak and could probably build a great back with any heavy lifts.

Having said that, what he was doing more recently is probably not what he's been doing for 30 years in the gym.

raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) raysmith is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally dont like rows unless my body's supported to keep it strict. What the **** do I know? I have never won an Olympia.
    Ansew to the few pms I've gotten since popping back on-line...

NO I never got full amount back from 'him', still owed for FAKE t3 and wu fee... More than a year on I can't be bothered to carry on chasing it up.. Unfortunatly word is he is on another bb community forum still selling

PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by raysmith View Post
    I personally dont like rows unless my body's supported to keep it strict. What the **** do I know? I have never won an Olympia.
    You haven't?? Say it ain't so, Ray!

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    I only do rows for back and my width has increased since I started doing this.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    a coworker of mine went to the BSN Workout with Ronnie Weekend a few weeks ago. He said he learned a lot in that weekend. One thing he picked up from Ronnie was his back workout. My friend said all Ronnie does for back is rows and deads. Barbell rows (overhand wide and yates), corner rows, db rows, and deads..... that's it. no chins or pulldowns. he says he saves those and seated rows for precontest only.

what are your thoughts?

i gave it a shot yesterday and it was great. anyone else do something similar? i've seen people do one width and one thickness workout.... but never ONLY ROWS.

A few things:

First, without knowing the context, it is hard to say.

Ronnie Coleman had a torn lat, so this may be why he is not doing anything with an extreme stretch.

Second, I know he has advocated chins/pulldowns before, including in his book, so this might be an "as of right now".

Third, his lat width is probably his best quality. Though I listen, I take what people do for good bodyparts that have always been good with a grain of salt. I pay more attention to those with "problem" bodyparts that bring them them up.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cgb6810 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

what are your thoughts?

Ronnie used to work his back twice in one week. One workout would be rowing only and the other would be pulling only. Are you sure your friend didn't just happen on to one of Ronnie's rowing workouts?
    If this were easy, everyone would do it!

Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    A few things:

Ronnie Coleman had a torn lat, so this may be why he is not doing anything with an extreme stretch.

Second, I know he has advocated chins/pulldowns before, including in his book, so this might be an "as of right now".

Third, his lat width is probably his best quality. Though I listen, I take what people do for good bodyparts that have always been good with a grain of salt. I pay more attention to those with "problem" bodyparts that bring them them up.
    true. what do you think about an all rows back workout? do you think it could help with width and thickness?

Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    Ronnie used to work his back twice in one week. One workout would be rowing only and the other would be pulling only. Are you sure your friend didn't just happen on to one of Ronnie's rowing workouts?
    i've seen that too. thickness was deads, bb rows, db rows. width was bb rows, pulldowns, seated rows. something like that.

could have been. but he said that's ALL he did off season.

Gettin My Swole On microrahsheen's Avatar
    microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting question, though.

Can you build width in your lats without a vertical pulling exercise? I mean, not from a genetic-freak/individual perspective, but from a scientific perspective.

Is there some evidence that basically says a vertical (pullups and pulldowns) pull is the only way you can really build width in the lats and other types of pulls mainly build "Depth"?

Defiant1? Cgb6810? Ballys? Anyone?

Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post
    Interesting question, though.

Can you build width in your lats without a vertical pulling exercise? I mean, not from a genetic-freak/individual perspective, but from a scientific perspective.

Is there some evidence that basically says a vertical (pullups and pulldowns) pull is the only way you can really build width in the lats and other types of pulls mainly build "Depth"?

Defiant1? Cgb6810? Ballys? Anyone?
    that's pretty much what i wanted to know.

microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50) microrahsheen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that's pretty much what i wanted to know.
    Figured so, but you said "Ronnie Coleman" and everybody got distracted...LOL.

No treble, no care KeepOnShruggin's Avatar
    KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this sounds like it could be a really good thread..

subb'd

RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RH08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this is an interesting thread, i'm sure we've all wondered the same things at one point or another.
    iRep Back

Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Demorak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I only do rows and chins
    "Im just ready to get it on and crush this guy's skull, and show him who the real world champion is"- Mike Tyson

bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bassing68 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cgb6810 View Post
    I thought rows were a pull.

burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000) burningNun is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by microrahsheen View Post
    My answer is yes. I don't have any studies or even real results, but from what I see in the mirror my lats are getting wider with no vertical pulling.

Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bierce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm waiting hopefully for an argument that I don't need to do pulldowns, as I @#$% hate them.
    Abstainer: A weak man who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
    (Grile Dod)

In London there is a man who screams when the church bells ring.
    (H to the izz-o P to the izz-a Lovecraft)

dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My back is one of my strongest parts and when bulking I pretty much only do BB rows and deadlifts.

Originally Posted by dom996 View Post
    My back is one of my strongest parts and when bulking I pretty much only do BB rows and deadlifts.
    how is your width?

Originally Posted by dom996 View Post
    how is your width?
    Yeah, What them lats lookin like from the front/back?

dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000) dbp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
    A few things:

That's a very good point. Some people have naturally bigger body parts that could practically grow from a stiff breeze.

fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Something else a lot of you guys forget, is that R.C. is 100% natural. 100% natural guys (who also embrace the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ) don't have to do as much back work as guys who use Cell Tech for example.
    Me Squatting 405X5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirPD1kKkuQ

This link might save your life.
    http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2009/SHR_Show_388.mp3

crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) crofty22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fmrmarineinbiz View Post
    Something else a lot of you guys forget, is that R.C. is 100% natural. 100% natural guys (who also embrace the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ) don't have to do as much back work as guys who use Cell Tech for example.
    .. wait a minute
    Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.

I rep back.