swright137 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swright137 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question about eating at night after the gym..

i go to the gym around 630pm. i get home at about 830pm. i drink a protein shake after my workout once i get home. i go to bed around 1030pm. The thing is after my protein shake im pretty full for an hour or so, then what should i eat at around 930 or 10? i go to bed shorty after i eat. i now you should be eating your biggest meal after your pwo shake, but since i go to bed after i eat im not sure what i should do... any suggestions? im trying to clean bulk.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by swright137 View Post
    i go to the gym around 630pm. i get home at about 830pm. i drink a protein shake after my workout once i get home. i go to bed around 1030pm. The thing is after my protein shake im pretty full for an hour or so, then what should i eat at around 930 or 10? i go to bed shorty after i eat. i now you should be eating your biggest meal after your pwo shake, but since i go to bed after i eat im not sure what i should do... any suggestions? im trying to clean bulk.
    Definitely eat........it doesn't nessessarily have to be the biggest meal, but you should get some food into you. Don't think in a 24 hour cycle, think in terms of a recovery and building cycle.

cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cyde has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is going to sound crazy, but I would eat some quality complex carbohydrates for your last meal. Oats, brown rice, sweet potato, etc. with a chicken breast or fish. If you wake up with hunger pains in the middle of night craving for carbohydrates, I'd up the carbs. too.

swright137 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) swright137 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks for the suggestions, was just worried about the carbs turning into fat, but im slowly learning that thats not always true.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You should be fine with regular carbs for your meal right after PWO shake. If still worried just do a hefty dose of veggies(broccoli) with your meal. Not a deal breaker either way.
    Who oversees the overseers?

enilm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have about the same workout schedule. I don't get home until about 8pm. But what I'm doing is eating dinner right after workout which is something like, rice and chicken.

I take my PWO protein shake later around 9:30ish. But I'm doing my shakes with milk, PB, oats, banana and 2 scoops of protein. Should I take my protein shake by itself right after workout and then eat? Or is it just fine the way I'm doing it?

Great question! anyone?

utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) utopia has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your dinner time is after the gym then why are you wasting money on a protein shake for afterwards if it just curves your appetite? Chances are if you have a good diet plan going for whatever your goals are...the food you are having at dinner will have plenty of protein and the shake just becomes somewhat useless. Remember your body only consumes like 20-30g protein at a time, and most dinners should have at least that amount. Thats why these 2 scoop 50g protein shakes are a waste as far as taking 2 scoops unless you are just looking for the calories in it.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great question! anyone?
    If you consumed a proper prewo meal then except for the pb, even then it's a moot point, either way is fine, the important thing is getting food into you.