Bionic 786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionic 786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much protein per pound of bodyweight?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could please up this question i have. I am curently bulking up and making decent progress. I try and eat between 1.5 and 2 g of protein per pound of bodyweight as this is what i have read is the amount i need.

In the gym today one of the trainers said that i was taking in way too much protein and that i should be taking 1-2 g per kilo bodyweight....Which one is true?
    Last edited by Bionic 786; 11-05-2003 at 12:36 PM.

Location: Glasgow, Scotand (Where they speak with a ****ed up accent)
    Cold Reader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: How much protein per pound of bodyweight?

Originally posted by Bionic 786
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could please up this question i have. I am curently bulking up and making decent progress. I try and eat between 1.5 and 2 g of protein per pound of bodyweight as this is what i have read is the amount i need.

In the gym today one of the trainers said that i was taking in way too much protein and that i should be taking 1/2 g per kilo bodyweight....Which one is true?
    Find a new gym, one that doesnt have **** for brain trainers

Peace
    Not Gay

Bionic 786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bionic 786 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, thats what i thought, i ignore most of them anyway....
    Last edited by Bionic 786; 11-05-2003 at 12:37 PM.

Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hi guys,

In the gym today one of the trainers said that i was taking in way too much protein and that i should be taking 1/2 g per kilo bodyweight....Which one is true?
    1/2 g per kilo of bodyweight?? Dude.. Bump what cold said.. fire your Trainer.. that's terrible.

When "bulking" there is not set limit to how much protein you should be eating.. bulking is bulking.. Eat, Eat and Eat some more, you cannot grow on 1/2 g/kilo unless you are a squirrel

Cheers
    Always, under the underneath...
    =======
    Once the power of the mind is harnessed, any goal is reachable.
    =======
    Exercise is 10% Physical, and 90% Mental, the rest is up to you.

American As Apple Pie theHULK9281's Avatar
    theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theHULK9281 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hi guys,

In the gym today one of the trainers said that i was taking in way too much protein and that i should be taking 1-2 g per kilo bodyweight....Which one is true?
    1-2g per lb. of bodyweight

sorry guys my first post was a typo, ive corrected it now, i meant to say 1-2 g and i wrote 1/2 g......anyway, i dont have a personal trainer, hes just one of the general gym trainer guys, he always has a piece of advice, one of those guys that always has to know/tell you what you are doing etc....
    Last edited by Bionic 786; 11-05-2003 at 12:43 PM.

Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok.. your taking in Pounds and Kilos in your first post bro.. lol, I'm extremely confused now...

In ANY case.. if you are Bulking, don't be scared to eat, you shouldn't need to be counting your calories and protein intake.. eat all kinds of fish, red meat, egg whites, chicken, turkey, etc etc etc, My point is.. Bulk = EAT.

When you are cutting then you can watch what you eat, and your intakes.

Cheers
    Always, under the underneath...
    =======
    Once the power of the mind is harnessed, any goal is reachable.
    =======
    Exercise is 10% Physical, and 90% Mental, the rest is up to you.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your trainer is STILL a moron.

1gr per lbs minimum.
    1.5 is better.
    2 is great for those who can handle it.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

yeah, sorry if i have been unclear

basically....

I said "Ive been taking in 1.5/2 g per pound of bodyweight" to the trainer

and he replied...

"No, thats too much, You dont need that much, you should be taking in 2 g per kilo of bodyweight, not per pound"

Thanks for all the replies, i was pretty sure i was right, just needed to check with you guys...

tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweeter37 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, I wouldn't say your trainer has **** for brains like these other guys. The theory of 1g of protein per lb of body weight is, IMO, a good one, as I have had good results using that idea, but I have also seen people make great progress NOT eating 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Take this for instance: Dexter Jackson, in an article I read, he said that he takes in over 500g of protein a day. On the other hand, Jay Cutler said that while bulking before the Olympia, he was taking in 300g of protein. Now, some people will say something about steroids, there genetic freaks, blah, blah, blah, but the idea is the same. They both have great results, but have very different protein intakes. There are so many theories out there: 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, 1g of protein per lb of LEAN body weight, 1g of protein per kilo of bodyweight. None of them are proven to be 100% better then the other. So I would suggest trying one out, and see how it works. If you don't get the results you want, try out another theory. You have to remember also that carbs play a very important role in bulking. I take in about 2.5g per lb of body weight, which is about 500g, which some people may say is too high or too low, but it works for me.