damnthisburns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

any ideas how to solve this ( bench press stands)?

Hi all,

recently my grand dad gave me his old bench ( still in good condition ),
    it's one you can put in different positions, all in all a great piece of equipment.

The only problem is that it doesn't include the bench press stands,
    so i've been pressing dumbells lately.

But since i want to get back to the bb press, i'm trying to find a solutions for the stands.

Does anyone know where i can find some / make it myself ?

The ones i've found on the net ( only 1 so far ) only goes up to 220 lbs...

I'm not sure whether it's wise to buy those seperate bench stands or rather wait and save for a proper squat rack/power cage ( although that'll take me a while ) .

All advice is welcome !

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by damnthisburns View Post
    Hi all,

it's one you can put in different positions, all in all a great piece of equipment.

But since i want to get back to the bb press, i'm trying to find a solutions for the stands.

I'm not sure whether it's wise to buy those seperate bench stands or rather wait and save for a proper squat rack/power cage ( although that'll take me a while ) .

All advice is welcome !
    I think you are best off saving and getting a power rack...and just doing dumbell presses and pushups until you have enough for one. If you buy something that's not what you really want you'll be wasting your money in the end.

TRUE I REGRESSED the_dark_master's Avatar
    the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

dtb

you could add in some BB floor presses
    http://homemadegymstuff.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by the_dark_master View Post
    you could add in some BB floor presses
    that's a joke

right ?

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that's a joke

right ?
    Nope, it's not a joke. It's what powerlifters use to train.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

TRUE I REGRESSED the_dark_master's Avatar
    the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) the_dark_master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

****! should I even bother to answer?

Well, here's another one... the bridge press

http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/blog...h%20Press.html

"The 'bridge press' was an early precursor to the modern bench press. In this case though, no bench required and the bar began on the abdomen and was heaved to begin the lift. The lift was also aptly referred to at times as "the belly toss."

This was a favorite lift of Arthur Saxon and I'm sure it served him well in developing strength for his wrestling pursuits. Saxon's record of 386 pounds was broken by Joe Nordquest with a lift of 388 pounds."
    http://homemadegymstuff.blogspot.com/

irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250) irishmickk has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi all,

All advice is welcome !
    These stands are strong and are a decent price:

amazon.com/Valor-Athletics-Deluxe-Stands-Storage/dp/B002ME5J3A/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by irishmickk View Post
    These stands are strong and are a decent price:

amazon.com/Valor-Athletics-Deluxe-Stands-Storage/dp/B002ME5J3A/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3
    More than half the cost of a powerline power rack doesn't seem cheap to me.

The guys are right OP a good power rack will be something you will use for the rest of your life. Plus working with DB's until you can get one won't slow you progress much if at all.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

thanks for all the advice guys

i'll be saving for a powerrack, seems like the best long term option !