God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What's better Rack Pulls or Deadlifts?

What's a better exersies for your back? What do rackpulls do that deads cant?

I just don't know anymore MoGeaYuglay's Avatar
    MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rulanfistccd
    What's a better exersies for your back? What do rackpulls do that deads cant?
    Racks eliminate the initial leg involvement to pull the weight up, along with alot of the lower back. Racks help with lockout and really hit the traps and overall back, not so much lower back. Racks let you nail out much heavier weight than your deadlift.

Do both, they are each phenomenal.

God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500) God Gifted is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MoGeaYuglay
    Racks eliminate the initial leg involvement to pull the weight up, along with alot of the lower back. Racks help with lockout and really hit the traps and overall back, not so much lower back. Racks let you nail out much heavier weight than your deadlift.

Do both, they are each phenomenal.
    Yes, I've been reading here that rackpulls are great for back? But you just wrote they work your overall back more than lowerback. is that a typo because by just imaging a deadlift with no legs it seems lowerback would get hit the most.

also, i'll be doing rackpulls for my first time, so should I do the weight I use for deadlifts or is it supposed to be higher on rackpulls?

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    uh, rack pulls tear your lower back up. They are, essentially, a shortened range version of deadlifts that remove the "sticking point" that exists (for most people) at the knees and lower in the deadlift

you should be able to use more weight, but do NOT jump into these! You will suffer horribly! Start off easy and work your way up. Your first workout, use your IDENTICAL weight for rack pulls as you would for deadlifts. Next workout, bump it up, and after that, bump it up, etc.

MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MoGeaYuglay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well, whole back, erm, did I say that?

My bad, sorry about that.

Let's just say if you havn't done rack pulls yet, be prepared for a fresh and swift kick in the ass.

I would start with a little less than what you use for deadlifts just to warm-up and get used to the movement. When you get done doing a couple of reps at this weight you will probably think "Dang, that was light!" and proceed to pile on 45's till you start really pulling some challenging weight.

Sorry about the typo, i'm human after all.

damn, i can't wait to do these. My deadlift has skyrocket from 235 to 275 in 4weeks i set a personal record every week. Bascially by starting to do farmers walks because my grip was holding me back (really recommend these). anyways

So I subsitiute these for deadlifts? Should I do 3 weeks on deadpulls and then go back to deadlifting and will it be most likely my deadlift will increase cuz right now im addicted to deadlifting.

BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BuffR1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    does anyone have a link to the proper way to do rack pulls? and also do you alternate these in place of deadlifts at times?

kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kethnaab has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if deads are going so well for you, then....

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SWITCHING OUT?!?!

don't fix it if it ain't broke man, that is RULE NUMERO UNO!

Originally Posted by kethnaab
    if deads are going so well for you, then....

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SWITCHING OUT?!?!

don't fix it if it ain't broke man, that is RULE NUMERO UNO!
    well today I set another personal record but it only increased by 2 reps this time so theres a change of it dying it. Plus, if im getting great results each week from deadlifts, then add a nice shock, great exersies in rackpulls ill be killing 2 birds with one stone you smell me/?

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    rack pulls strictly for back
    <->

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Use a full ROM as much as possible. Stick with deadlifts.

Bro, it is true, I'd have to say deadlift trumps the importance of rack pulls in many regards (total body muscle recruitment, larger ROM, and so forth.)

Try rack pulls, enjoy them, but don't let em rule over the king of exercises (which is deadlift, not squat)

humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) humpty_dumpty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you dont have the sticking point at the bottom so you can handle more weight and overload your back more, without you legs being a weakness. however your working less muscle so the GH relese may be less compared to a regulare Deadlift.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I use rack pulls because I have hurt myself in the past doig deadlifts. No matter what form I use or how light the weight was I would always tweak my back. I finally discovered that I am not built for deadlifts due to my shorter arms and longer torso. Rack pulls solve this problem and I have had no lower back issues since.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Both are awesome for the lower back , do both !
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000) odoreater is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to do rack pulls because I wanted to "save" my knees for squats. But when I stopped having knee problems I went back to deadlifts. I like the fact that they give your legs a nice workout in addition to your back. My hams have always been a sticking point for me so I'm going to stick to floor deads for now.
    Which exit? **** you, that's which exit.

Owe:
    wanderlei (spread) for Griffin/Evans
    bcooter151 (spread) for Mir/Nog

vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the poles for my rack go to right below my knee which if ind too high, i want it a little lower, so i just put a 45 underneath wha i'm dling, i havne't had problmes since

well today I set another personal record but it only increased by 2 reps this time so theres a change of it dying it.
    you have to be a teenager. Only a teenager would think that breaking a PR by 2 repetitions means "there is a chan(c)e of it dying"

Plus, if im getting great results each week from deadlifts, then add a nice shock
    the whole "shock the muscle" BS is just that. It's BS. Weider is poison.

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deserusan
    I use rack pulls because I have hurt myself in the past doig deadlifts. No matter what form I use or how light the weight was I would always tweak my back. I finally discovered that I am not built for deadlifts due to my shorter arms and longer torso. Rack pulls solve this problem and I have had no lower back issues since.
    Same here
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rack pulls are to deadlifts . . .

what

Half (or quarter) squats are to ATG squats

Less internet, more gym DontRevMe's Avatar
    DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

the whole "shock the muscle" BS is just that. It's BS. Weider is poison.
    cant say i agree with you there.

Originally Posted by FarEastBeast
    Rack pulls are to deadlifts . . .

what

Half (or quarter) squats are to ATG squats

100% incorrect. Rack pulls focus the pull on traps and back. Full deadlifts heavily incorporate glutes and leg strength.

dudes who have issues locking out their deadlift do these with fantastic success.

Originally Posted by DontRevMe
    cant say i agree with you there.

allow me to expand.

You don't get stuck doing, for example, bench presses, and then decide to "shock the muscle into new growth" by doing a whole bunch of cable flyes or some ****.

if you have plateau'ed with the bench press and you want to get things moving again, you pick another good exercise (incline presses or DB presses) and start on those. That isn't "shocking" anything. That's simply a natural workout progression.

I read too much Weider crap about "shocking the muscles by changing it up every week" and ridiculousness like that. That is what I was referring to.

allow me to expand.

You don't get stuck doing, for example, bench presses, and then decide to "shock the muscle into new growth" by doing a whole bunch of cable flyes or some ****.

if you have plateau'ed with the bench press and you want to get things moving again, you pick another good exercise (incline presses or DB presses) and start on those. That isn't "shocking" anything. That's simply a natural workout progression.

I read too much Weider crap about "shocking the muscles by changing it up every week" and ridiculousness like that. That is what I was referring to.
    I agree it is one thing to change your routine every several weeks and tweak parts of it accordingly, but wild week-to-week routine changes in volume, light and heavy days, are silly. Maybe it's a mental shock, but physical shock?

exactly. well stated Mo.

Less internet, more gym DontRevMe's Avatar
    DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DontRevMe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    eh, ill accept that