16 26.23%
  • Three years

11 18.03%
  • Five years

6 9.84%
  • Over five years

15 24.59%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how long until you were happy with your body?

t=0 @ a scheduled lifting program and a journal. I'd rather know from you guys than from the misc section.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    as long as im not happy ill always have extra drive to go harder so.. never
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably never... it becomes addicting and you always want to get a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, or a little more cut.

But hey, its a journey right? As long as its fun along the way, why let it end?
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irishrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm much happier now than i was when i started but i'm still not completely satisified. i don't know if i'll ever be 100% satisfied but i do think that i'll reach a point to when i'll be mostly satisfied with how i look.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola
    Probably never... it becomes addicting and you always want to get a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, or a little more cut.

But hey, its a journey right? As long as its fun along the way, why let it end?
    You said it. I think the moment you feel like "you're there" you start going backwards. So long as you keep setting goals and keep wanting to improve, you will, or at the very least maintain your level.

One more thing... I think it's also critically important to aim for a target that you want to reach, and not start cutting because a bunch of guys on a teen forum are obsessed with the idea of "5% body fat" (all that "I heard Bruce Lee was 1% bf" **** they go on about really makes me laugh) or because girls would prefer you not to get any bigger, or whatever. That's my philosophy anyway. Aim for what you consider is ideal, not anyone else.

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister
    as long as im not happy ill always have extra drive to go harder so.. never
    ^^^^there's ALWAYS room for improvement^^^^
    ...imnoting

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

yea never

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    probably won't be happy until i win 9 consecutive Sandows.

so, never.

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I'm very happy with the way I look.

In fact, I'm perfect in every way. You could even say I'm God-like.

big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10) big matt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im happy the way i look BUT like everyone else said there is always room for improvement! so never
    "BEING CLOSE" only counts in horseshoes & hangrenades."

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I recon 1 more year of hard training and ill be happy

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People are happy with their bodies?

Don't you see that when you're pleased with what you see in the mirror the battle is lost.
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'll be happy when I have to walk sideways through doors.

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FLipstyle said it, i'll be happy when i win 9 consecutive sandows. And that might take a while.

-Shruggin

rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rea99 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I worked out as a teenager but I didn't really start training until I was 23ish. I remeber being very happy with my progress after two years I mean I had completely changed my physic. But the body is constantly changing. I mean if you do anything like change your routine, don't change your routine, change the way you eat, change jobs, GET OLDER. Any of these things and many more are always changing your body so being happy with your body is a life long commitment.

Then there is always changing your attitude, you will find what is good enough for some is not good enough for others, and as you grow older your attitude will change too.

Just think if you were 40 coming off a triple bypass heart surgery it wouldn't take much to make you feel damn good about your body.

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Never..

UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UnsungDemiGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say I'm "Satisfied" with how I look right now, but I'm not happy... so yeah, I went with "5'+ years" or whatever that option was, since... I don't think I'll ever be REALLY happy though, meh...
    "Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge"
    ~Alfred North Whitehead

luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) luddite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how did I not anticipate those kind of responses!

I suppose what I was going for is how long until you were COMFORTABLE with your body. Some of us started out fat, some of us started skinny, and most of us didn't really like taking our shirts off at a beach or something. When were you able to do that with no qualms whatsoever?
    I know most of us always want to get bigger, but there's some threshold where you go - hey, I look pretty good. My question is how long did it take for you to reach that threshold.

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by luddite
    I suppose what I was going for is how long until you were COMFORTABLE with your body. Some of us started out fat, some of us started skinny, and most of us didn't really like taking our shirts off at a beach or something. When were you able to do that with no qualms whatsoever?
    I know most of us always want to get bigger, but there's some threshold where you go - hey, I look pretty good. My question is how long did it take for you to reach that threshold.
    2 years
    ...imnoting

NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmm, Iam very happy with my body. That doesn't mean I dont want to improve it though. Which is just a lifelong journey. No matter how it turns out, I gave it my best and I'll be happy with it.
    Shut up and Squat!

Living with ALS or dying because of it. ama

Bigger than Darklight The Real Deal's Avatar
    The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    i read somewhere that theres actually a condition among men where they think they are always too small when in actuality they aren't. its like opposite of anorexia.

Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vail will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ill never be happy.
    "If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - what would you tell him to do?" - Ayn Rand

I rep back

MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDominatus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by The Real Deal
    i read somewhere that theres actually a condition among men where they think they are always too small when in actuality they aren't. its like opposite of anorexia.
    It's called body dismorphia. It's where you actually see yourself different from what you really are as well. It happens in all forms of body image/eating disorders but is the exact opposite of that that goes along with anorexia.

I have suffered from this (body dismorphia) in the past. I'd go down sizes in pants, significant lbs and still see the same girl in the mirror. It totally sucks and takes a lot of work to get over - sometiems psychiatric (though I didn't need it). It's a real disorder, I can vouch for that, and not an attention getting technique by any means.

At any rate... when will I be happy? Chances are, probably never. I'm just the type of obsessive complusive/everything has to be perfect but never will be so i'll keep pushing til the day I die - type of girl. I could be at 10% BF and still be unhappy with SOMETHING. It's the nature of the beast and i'm getting tired.
    Height - almost 5'10"
    Current weight - 152 - WTF?

Workout Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=677394

[url]http://www.myspace.com/msnubility[/url]

The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    i just wish there was a way i could see myself through someone else's eyes. cant trust those mirrors sometimes.

Fatbody in Training unixfudotnet's Avatar
    unixfudotnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) unixfudotnet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure I can put a time on it, either you are or you aren't.

Think that once I reach one goal, there will be another I will want to reach. I am comfortable with myself, yet not where I wish to be.

Also can't see into the future, so hard to predict any sort of time estimate.
    My workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3366271
    Non-workout blog: http://blogs.unixfu.net/

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love looking like a 12 year old girl, does wonders for my ego.
    I don't know either lol

Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    I love looking like a 12 year old girl, does wonders for my ego.
    instead of "seeker of the truth" you should put "a 12 year old girl"
    imagine all the pms u would get.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Real Deal
    instead of "seeker of the truth" you should put "a 12 year old girl"
    imagine all the pms u would get.
    When I first got here that's waht was on my sig
    I don't know either lol

Originally Posted by W8isGR8
    When I first got here that's waht was on my sig
    lmao, guess my memory has gone to ****

About to feel the WRAATH™ jer @h2o's Avatar
    jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50) jer @h2o will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In bodybuilding you're never happy. There is always room for growth.

Personally I was "pleased" at my progress after about 2 1/2 years. But still haven't hit my goal, so I'm not happy. I'm sure when I hit that goal in the next year or year and a half, I'll want more.

The whole thing is, that I love to workout so......
    Getting bigger and stonger are a bonus.
    "I have killed two people since midnight. I haven't slept in over 24 hours. So maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are now".

-Jack Bauer (24)

CONTROLLED LABS - PURPLE WRAATH tester
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747150

Lightning log.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=8704265#post8704265