Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Is it possible to gain muscle mass without bulking?

Sounds like a noob question but this is serious. Would you be able to gain muscle if you are eating 1g of protein per lb of BW and eating at maintenance calories?

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cha0sblader View Post
    Sounds like a noob question but this is serious. Would you be able to gain muscle if you are eating 1g of protein per lb of BW and eating at maintenance calories?
    Yeah, you can. It's just slower. You end up using fat as fuel for energy to build muscle rather than excess calories.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50) cha0sblader will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by the1satanfears View Post
    Yeah, you can. It's just slower. You end up using fat as fuel for energy to build muscle rather than excess calories.
    But what i really dont get about bulking is that you aren't really speeding up your bodies ability to build muscle. How could excess calories build the muscle when you need the protein to rebuild the muscle to make it bigger and stronger? Get what im trying to ask?

Mirin da potential at 17? Behemoth93's Avatar
    Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink

But what i really dont get about bulking is that you aren't really speeding up your bodies ability to build muscle. How could excess calories build the muscle when you need the protein to rebuild the muscle to make it bigger and stronger? Get what im trying to ask?
    They can't. Excess calories do not increase the bodies ability to synthesize protein or build muscle they just turn into fat. The reason 95% of the teen section bulks is unknown to me, I guess they do it because they see all these bodybuilders doing it but what they don't understand is that these guys do it on AAS which gives them an abnormal ability to build muscle.
    The way I see it it works like this

Professional bodybuilder=abnormal amount of testosterone=abnormal muscle building capabilities=abnormal diet with a very high caloric intake.
    Normal person=natural testosterone being produced by the body=natural muscle building capabilities=eating these excessively high caloric diet body can only use up certain amount the rest is gone to waste (aka your belly)

No hate just my .02 cents not saying bulking/cutting is totally stupid it can actually be beneficial to eat loads of food specially if you are a hardgainer. I personally don't do it because I like to look good year round not for just a contest and i just can't deal with having a very high bodyfat. But hey Lee Priest is swole and he does it so some people will do it too.

*** NJ Crew 973 ***

***Trance4Life Crew***

I rep/neg back.

the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000) the1satanfears is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need the excess calories so your body has excess energy to build muscle.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    yes, you need to "bulk" , but bulking doesnt mean getting fat. it means eating over maintenance calories. your body is going to carry out all functions needed to live before it will create unnecessary muscle mass. your body is not going to break down fat for energy to make muscle either.

ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Behemoth93 View Post
    They can't. Excess calories do not increase the bodies ability to synthesize protein or build muscle they just turn into fat. The reason 95% of the teen section bulks is unknown to me, I guess they do it because they see all these bodybuilders doing it but what they don't understand is that these guys do it on AAS which gives them an abnormal ability to build muscle.
    The way I see it it works like this

Professional bodybuilder=abnormal amount of testosterone=abnormal muscle building capabilities=abnormal diet with a very high caloric intake.
    Normal person=natural testosterone being produced by the body=natural muscle building capabilities=eating these excessively high caloric diet body can only use up certain amount the rest is gone to waste (aka your belly)

No hate just my .02 cents not saying bulking/cutting is totally stupid it can actually be beneficial to eat loads of food specially if you are a hardgainer. I personally don't do it because I like to look good year round not for just a contest and i just can't deal with having a very high bodyfat. But hey Lee Priest is swole and he does it so some people will do it too.

same hate bulking. gunna try it in deecember along with the whole football team. hoping for the best. dunno i might not i might just lift and take a weight gainer haha. not sure yet. just went from fat to myspace kid status and working to get that up. the ladies are noticing ahah

Originally Posted by Full_Blown View Post
    yes, you need to "bulk" , but bulking doesnt mean getting fat. it means eating over maintenance calories. your body is going to carry out all functions needed to live before it will create unnecessary muscle mass. your body is not going to break down fat for energy to make muscle either.
    Totally has to. My body did.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryanoakes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Totally has to. My body did.
    ur body did what now?

Originally Posted by ryanoakes View Post
    ur body did what now?
    When I was training for football in high school, I definitely ate under maintenance and still got more muscular and leaner and stronger while keeping a constant weight.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

When I was training for football in high school, I definitely ate under maintenance and still got more muscular and leaner and stronger while keeping a constant weight.
    SRS?!?!? same bro. lol. lost almost all my bf im at like 9% RIGHT NOW MY FRAND. and started 15% at beginning of this summer.

time flies if u do things right.

SRS?!?!? same bro. lol. lost almost all my bf im at like 9% RIGHT NOW MY FRAND. and started 15% at beginning of this summer.

time flies if u do things right.
    I didn't though. I ate what I wanted, and when I look back on it, I definitely didn't eat enough food. I also spent a lot of money on supplements. Though, the cardio was definitely good with that kind of training.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KestBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay let see like this , Calories are the builders of your system , at a certain weight you need exemple for me , i need 2500 cals to gain good quality weight , if i eat at maintenant i have not enought worker and now , if u have all your worker and no supply as wood or etc ur worker wont build enought , the protein are the supplies , if u dont have enought worker and supply to build ur house it will take way much more longer

I didn't though. I ate what I wanted, and when I look back on it, I definitely didn't eat enough food. I also spent a lot of money on supplements. Though, the cardio was definitely good with that kind of training.
    hah. i intentially did it to test knowledge of ppl.

so this is what happend.

i lost all size in my arms basically. they're like 10 inches now (rofl)
    i got JACKED PECs. and got a low body fat and got abs. so when i look back im glad. and im still trying to do it until decembers bulk.

hah. i intentially did it to test knowledge of ppl.

so this is what happend.

i lost all size in my arms basically. they're like 10 inches now (rofl)
    i got JACKED PECs. and got a low body fat and got abs. so when i look back im glad. and im still trying to do it until decembers bulk.
    I'm sorry you have small arms.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    people always make statements like this. they never have any idea how much they actually ate or how many calories they were actually burning.

it is possible to gain some muscle while eating near maintenance, but it is far from optimal and probably wont cut it once you have a decent amount of muscle.

regardless, if you want to gain muscle, eat food. if you want to be 150lbs like most of the people who are anti-bulking, go for it. you will remain lean and small.

people always make statements like this. they never have any idea how much they actually ate or how many calories they were actually burning.

it is possible to gain some muscle while eating near maintenance, but it is far from optimal and probably wont cut it once you have a decent amount of muscle.

regardless, if you want to gain muscle, eat food. if you want to be 150lbs like most of the people who are anti-bulking, go for it. you will remain lean and small.
    I weigh 200 and I'm pretty anti-bulking.

And really, I remember what I ate, I have always had the same self conscious view of eating, so I've never really eaten much unless I really try.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

And really, I remember what I ate, I have always had the same self conscious view of eating, so I've never really eaten much unless I really try.
    so you are anti eating over maintenance and optimizing muscle gain? doesnt make sense to me. i dont advocate overeating and getting fat, but you arent going to get huge eating at a deficit.

so you are anti eating over maintenance and optimizing muscle gain? doesnt make sense to me. i dont advocate overeating and getting fat, but you arent going to get huge eating at a deficit.
    I'm anti-traditional bulking, really. I eat above maintenance, sure, but it's like 100 cals. I was just saying that I have gotten to where I am pretty much without doing a typical bulk.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

finally somebody who agrees with my points of view haha. repped brotha

Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Behemoth93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol at me going to deep red because of Born2grow neg to my post. Born2grow says "might be my most worthy neg of the day...thank you for being stupid enough to say that all excess calories turn into fat" I don't really mind much this rep system is entirely BS. It's not fair that because someone does not understand what i'm saying negs me once and gets me to red like im some kind of troll or something. Born2grow please reread my post maybe you will understand it better. I never said muscle will be built out of thin air i just said that eating abnormally high calories will NOT make your body synthesize more or build more muscle.
    *** NJ Crew 973 ***

***Trance4Life Crew***

I rep/neg back.

finally somebody who agrees with my points of view haha. repped brotha
    and that is why your goal is to reach 135lbs......just saying. im sure all of you eat over maintenance anyway.

and that is why your goal is to reach 135lbs......just saying. im sure all of you eat over maintenance anyway.
    Honestly, if I'm going to compete, I want to compete in my weight class. So I prefer doing it slowly in hopes that I am gaining mostly muscle.
    @24HrTrainerNOLA
    -Jammin

ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ONpump17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Recomp?

OP if you really dislike the idea or bulking, check online to learn about recomposition diets.
    its more complex, and will take time, but have been shown to work wonders.
    Manlet Sea Phoenix/Captain
    "If one is born as a male, at least once in his life he'll dream, of becoming the strongest man alive."
    5/3/1 Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127004753

Just an article that will make people understand better what i'm trying to say.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._about_bulking

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20902
    *** NJ Crew 973 ***

***Trance4Life Crew***

I rep/neg back.

SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow still trying to spread your "lets all be fat!" views?

i havent been on in about a month and as soon as i sign on, you are saying the same thing you say in all of your posts.

why dont you stop hating on the leaner teens and worry about yourself. if any one needs criticism, its you for being very overweight and trying to recruit new members to your obese club.

i dont advocate overeating and getting fat, but you arent going to get huge eating at a deficit.
    Originally Posted by SquatthenBench View Post
    wow still trying to spread your "lets all be fat!" views?

i havent been on in about a month and as soon as i sign on, you are saying the same thing you say in all of your posts.

why dont you stop hating on the leaner teens and worry about yourself. if any one needs criticism, its you for being very overweight and trying to recruit new members to your obese club.
    you have an unhealthy obsession with me.

SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatthenBench has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you have an unhealthy obsession with me.
    haha. im not the one who is on this website everyday saying the same damn thing. i just got on for the first time in a few weeks and saw your stupid post so i thought i should explain your stupidity to everyone else.

Originally Posted by SquatthenBench View Post
    haha. im not the one who is on this website everyday saying the same damn thing. i just got on for the first time in a few weeks and saw your stupid post so i thought i should explain your stupidity to everyone else.
    nor am i.

and your enlightening post was not what i said at all.....

go away.

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm anti-traditional bulking, really. I eat above maintenance, sure, but it's like 100 cals. I was just saying that I have gotten to where I am pretty much without doing a typical bulk.
    I do not believe this