Closed Thread
Page 257 of 330 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 9883
    Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    Buff, that thing is sexy. I still haven't bought one, though I have the "go ahead...........

On an unrelated, kind of, note..... I just got the "go ahead", kind of, on one of these:

I say "kind of".....because I have to pay cash, so I'm not on a fast track or anything. She gave me the nod on one when I was 29 and I didn't jump....it won't happen again .

........I'm still kinda stuck between an AR and a Mossberg 500. I kind of want the shotgun, I love the tactical version of it.......

I would never tell a man not to get an AR, but if you're stuck on the scatter gun.... might I recommend one of these:

Mossy 590A1..... parkerized, ghost rings, 9 shots and 4 more in the speed stock..... oh, its got a Bayo lug on it too, in case the zombies get too close .

I decided that I should have kept my Powerblocks instead of buying a bunch of fixed weight dbs and pancake plates- I won't have room in the gym for all of them. If I use adjustable dbs instead, I think I'll have enough room for everything else. So... I guess I'm back on the hunt for another pair of Powerblocks or Ironmasters. Preferably IMs, but I think I'll take the first good deal I can find on either. I've got a few pair of York roundheads, I might keep those and make a small rack to keep them on. I don't know, I don't use dbs often, so I guess I'll sell off the rest and go from there. I need to get the gym put together the rest of the way and get back in it, I had a decent workout this morning and feel that all is well with the world

I had you a deal on the damn IM's buddy..... you gotta strike while the irons hot.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    On an unrelated, kind of, note..... I just got the "go ahead", kind of, on one of these:

I say "kind of".....because I have to pay cash, so I'm not on a fast track or anything. She gave me the nod on one when I was 29 and I didn't jump....it won't happen again .
    i've had better than the go ahead on one of those- my wife actually wants me to get a bike. she doesn't really care what i get, she is encouraging me to get one. and that was before i had decent life insurance i'm not sure if it's because i want one or if it's because she doesn't want me, but i could tell her i found the one i wanted and she wouldn't object. i won't get one until i have the cash to buy it, and that won't be until after my trans am is done.

I would never tell a man not to get an AR, but if you're stuck on the scatter gun.... might I recommend one of these:

Mossy 590A1..... parkerized, ghost rings, 9 shots and 4 more in the speed stock..... oh, its got a Bayo lug on it too, in case the zombies get too close .
    that's nice. very nice. i haven't looked at those, but guess i should.

edit: i'll eventually have both, i'm just undecided on which to get first. neither will be very cheap to spend a day at the range with, but my .45 isn't either.

I had you a deal on the damn IM's buddy..... you gotta strike while the irons hot.
    i know. i wasn't sure what i was going to do yet, and at the time, i thought there was no way in hell that getting rid of the db rack would give me enough room to keep the reverse hyper, but i now think it will. i think i could get away with keeping a couple hundred pounds of pancake plates and making a rack for them. just would need to find some good adjustable handles- i have 2 pair of ivanko compression collars for standard bars. that would probably be the easiest/cheapest route to go.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Buff, that thing is sexy. I still haven't bought one, though I have the "go ahead, just don't tell me how much it was" from my wife. As much as I'd love to buy one, I'm being cheap. There is a gun show coming to Flint soon, I might stop in there and see what kind of deal I can find. I'm still kinda stuck between an AR and a Mossberg 500. I kind of want the shotgun, I love the tactical version of it. I'm also thinking of just getting another pistol instead of either. Mrs Animalfan is just getting over her not wanting guns in the house, after I taught her to shoot my .45 she loved it. She was raised thinking that guns were bad, and with her brothers, it was probably better that her dad didn't have any.
    Thanks buddy.
    My wife was kind of anti-gun when we met (and she is from an all military family...WTF?). But after taking her to the range, she LOVES it. She has her own AR (chambered in .22lr) and handgun now and BEGS to go shoot with me.
    You cant go wrong with a Mossberg shotgun brother and it wont cost you as much. I still havent picked up a shotgun yet myself but I do have a few handguns.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Finally put an offer in on a house last night. Not the one from a few weeks ago, but this one is a much better school district / neighborhood.

Plus it's a foreclosure and if I get it, I should get to 20% equity just from changing hands.

They had four offers in eight days - I actually went a little over asking to make hopefully the strongest offer.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I'm no expert on bikes (quality, etc.), but that is one dead sexy bike. You'd look bada** tooling around town on that.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    I'm no expert on bikes (quality, etc.), but that is one dead sexy bike. You'd look bada** tooling around town on that.

That would be one Harley Davidson Fatboy Lo.

I didn't even know they existed (the "Lo" model I mean, not a Fatboy....they've always been my favorite). I did a search a couple of days ago and someone had one for sale in my area with 4200 miles on it for $15,200. It had a little more work put into the customization, but it was still pretty much this bike.

I liked it alot....not sure how long it will take me to save up that kind of scratch......but I'll do it. I showed her my post here and she actually got mad (still a little raw about the whole truck thing).....she was like "great, I suppose they'll be one in the driveway within two weeks.....????" <---Did that sound like an approval to you guys, cause I think she said "...Go ahead and get it...", but sometimes I don't listen well.

....and oh yes, it would make me look good.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    That is a good looking bike. I was recently ogling/drooling over the bikes at Exile cycles. I love the old school simplicity of his bikes. Especially the clean handlebars without any of the control cables.

Keetman, if you're into fatboys you should check out the Fat Bloke.
    Last edited by rthawker; 03-15-2012 at 09:29 AM.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I showed her my post here and she actually got mad (still a little raw about the whole truck thing).....she was like "great, I suppose they'll be one in the driveway within two weeks.....????"

keetman, you don't want the wife to be wrong do you?

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Eek

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    That is a good looking bike. I was recently ogling/drooling over the bikes at Exile cycles. I love the old school simplicity of his bikes. Especially the clean handlebars without any of the control cables.
    I've loved Russell Mitchell's bikes ever since I saw him build on Biker Build Off. Real clean, simple, look.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That's a nice gun.

I am a big fan of my Remington 870.

I didn't write the following, you can find it here: http://manlyexcellence.com/2011/06/2...y-crazy-einar/

"Geek with a .45 says, “The pump action shotgun is sort of a Swiss Army gun.” He’s correct. You can hunt birds, squirrels, deer, criminals or terrorists.

The Remington 870 has been around for decades. It is easy to maintain, easy to find parts for, almost flawlessly reliable, can be outfitted with a broad variety of accessories that enhance its inherent and undisguisable lethality. I recommend a 20″ barrel with an extended 7 round magazine, plus one in the chamber, alternating buckshot and slugs. Or you can go with all buckshot. This affords the opportunity to fire 8 rounds with 9 pellets each of 000 buck, measuring approximately 9mm, in about two and a half seconds with practice. That’s twice the output of an Uzi with better hit probability and more power. In other words, as guns go, it is very well hung.

For hunting, I’d recommend a 24″ barrel with changeable choke tubes. You can get longer, but don’t really need it.

The only real disadvantage to a shotgun is range. 100 yards is about the limit, and less with shot. This is offset by the advantages of a reassuring “kaCLACK” as you cycle it (reassuring to you. Gut wrenching to your target), massive firepower that can leave a man standing dead, looking down at a hole in his torso big enough to toss a dog through, versatility of ammo, simplicity and low cost. You can often get one police surplus for under $150, used, and new for under $300.

Every house needs at least one pistol, rifle and shotgun. THIS is the shotgun if you can afford it. By all means buy a more modern Benelli as well, but the 870 is still the American standard. When the revolting scum start rioting like chimps and burning cars in the streets of America, it will quickly come to a stop because of Viking-sired rednecks with Remington 870 pump action shotguns."
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A Rem 870 can be sexy too....

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

Buff, those are sweet...now I gotta go look for some toys for mine, its all stock...just never bothered to customize it.

Cleveland, that article was awesome. The Mossy became my primary home defense gun a long time ago...for several reasons.

One....bad guys don't die via gunshot in real life the same way they do on TV. I've seen many people die after getting some holes put in them...but I can only recall one where the bad guy was dead when I got there and he took a large caliber bullet directly in the ticker (.357 or .45, we weren't sure because the home owner unloaded both of these 2 pistols on him). I even heard on the radio yesterday that as long as you get to a doctor...your chances of surviving a GSW are something crazy, like 95%. That comment in your read about leaving a dead man standing there looking at a gaping hole in his chest is pretty much what I'm after. If I ever need that thing at home, I'm likely going to be coming out of a dead sleep, in the dark, probably outsized, and possibly outnumbered.....I'm looking for the closest thing to one shot one kill as I can get and being able to unload a powerful handful of 9mm rounds with every pull of the trigger makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

Two... penetration....not in the bad guys, but in my house. Yea, it feels all sexy to wield a bad ass .45 or AR15..... but those things will go for miles....well, not the .45, but certainly the rifle. Unfortunately, those bullets don't know the difference between a bad guy and my children....and you can not recall them once they've been deployed. I like the shotgun in my home because it has an incredible amount of stopping power in a short range, but disperses and loses velocity quickly....giving me hope that my house stops a missed round and not a child.

What I really hope is that I hand my shot gun over to my kids some day having never needed to use it.....I really don't find it very glamorous....the thought of shooting someone, and I don't need the drama that would ensue afterward. Not to mention that, just like dieing bad guys on TV....I have no doubt these scenarios don't play out like they do on TV either.... too many things are possible in that situation (most bad) and no one knows how they're going to handle it until the situation presents itself.

The talk of home protection is primarily academic, and I really want it to that way. I just prefer the shotgun because of the reasons above. Its only real downsize is its length, weight, and general unwieldiness compared to a pistol. Yea, you also can't reload as fast.....but mine has 9 rounds of 00 in it.....if I can't win that war with 9 rounds of double ought ugliness.....I may not have had a chance .

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Buff, those are sweet...now I gotta go look for some toys for mine, its all stock...just never bothered to customize it.

Cleveland, that article was awesome. The Mossy became my primary home defense gun a long time ago...for several reasons.

One....bad guys don't die via gunshot in real life the same way they do on TV. I've seen many people die after getting some holes put in them...but I can only recall one where the bad guy was dead when I got there and he took a large caliber bullet directly in the ticker (.357 or .45, we weren't sure because the home owner unloaded both of these 2 pistols on him). I even heard on the radio yesterday that as long as you get to a doctor...your chances of surviving a GSW are something crazy, like 95%. That comment in your read about leaving a dead man standing there looking at a gaping hole in his chest is pretty much what I'm after. If I ever need that thing at home, I'm likely going to be coming out of a dead sleep, in the dark, probably outsized, and possibly outnumbered.....I'm looking for the closest thing to one shot one kill as I can get and being able to unload a powerful handful of 9mm rounds with every pull of the trigger makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

Two... penetration....not in the bad guys, but in my house. Yea, it feels all sexy to wield a bad ass .45 or AR15..... but those things will go for miles....well, not the .45, but certainly the rifle. Unfortunately, those bullets don't know the difference between a bad guy and my children....and you can not recall them once they've been deployed. I like the shotgun in my home because it has an incredible amount of stopping power in a short range, but disperses and loses velocity quickly....giving me hope that my house stops a missed round and not a child.

What I really hope is that I hand my shot gun over to my kids some day having never needed to use it.....I really don't find it very glamorous....the thought of shooting someone, and I don't need the drama that would ensue afterward. Not to mention that, just like dieing bad guys on TV....I have no doubt these scenarios don't play out like they do on TV either.... too many things are possible in that situation (most bad) and no one knows how they're going to handle it until the situation presents itself.

The talk of home protection is primarily academic, and I really want it to that way. I just prefer the shotgun because of the reasons above. Its only real downsize is its length, weight, and general unwieldiness compared to a pistol. Yea, you also can't reload as fast.....but mine has 9 rounds of 00 in it.....if I can't win that war with 9 rounds of double ought ugliness.....I may not have had a chance .
    I'm with ya on that.

My cousin - SWAT Team sniper - has always defended a pump action shotgun as primary home defense. And his biggest reason is that every criminal knows that sound a pump action makes. And he believe most will leave on their own if/when then hear it.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    If you need a zombie killer 12 gauge you need this one:

on the other hand a Mosberg 500 is simple robust and cheap. I have two Both in walnut.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Find some of the new Federal 00 Buck with the FliteControl wad. The stuff is pretty amazing in cylinder bore shotties. I can consistently put 8/9 or 9/9 pellets on an IDPA target at 50 yards with the stuff. I have thrown 2 rounds (18 pellets) into a pattern of 6 inches at 25 yards.

The wad has rear opening petals instead of front. Anything that slows down the wad (like a choke), will actually enlarge the pattern.

I used to backbore my cylinder 870 and 11/87 barrels to throw buck tighter. Now all I do is lengthen the forcing cone and hone them.

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by buffbrown21 View Post
    A Rem 870 can be sexy too....

Friggin' sweet!
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Many jobs back I was conducting a performance audit of the TBI (Tennessee's version of the FBI). Basically, I was to evaluate them as a governmental agency and determine whether they were performing the job that they were established to perform and whether they were doing it efficiently.

Needless to say, the audit was kind of a joke, but I got some very interesting perspectives on things. The agents liked to talk about guns and one undercover agent's advice on the best home security weapon was a sawed off shotgun. When he told me this was his suggestion, my response was, "Isn't that illegal." To which he responded, "Yes, when the cops come to clean the intruder off your walls, let'em right you a citation."
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A shotgun really is the best defense...and you can get the pistol grip style and still be "legal" so I don't know why one would want to risk all the problems that can happen from a sawed off.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #56 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by Hishiad View Post
    A shotgun really is the best defense...and you can get the pistol grip style and still be "legal" so I don't know why one would want to risk all the problems that can happen from a sawed off.

This. A lot of this.

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Many jobs back I was conducting a performance audit of the TBI (Tennessee's version of the FBI). Basically, I was to evaluate them as a governmental agency and determine whether they were performing the job that they were established to perform and whether they were doing it efficiently.

Needless to say, the audit was kind of a joke, but I got some very interesting perspectives on things. The agents liked to talk about guns and one undercover agent's advice on the best home security weapon was a sawed off shotgun. When he told me this was his suggestion, my response was, "Isn't that illegal." To which he responded, "Yes, when the cops come to clean the intruder off your walls, let'em right you a citation."

This is great advice if you're the Brother in Law of the Sheriff of the county....otherwise you're flirting with getting a medal of valor from the Mayor, and then being taken away by the feds.

Short Barrel Shotguns (less than 18" barrels) are covered under the National Firearms Act of 1934....same one that made machine guns hard to own here. In order to have one, you must pay a $200 fee to the Federal Government and it will be registered.....firearms that fall under this legislation are the only ones that come under any form of Federal Registration process.

In the eighties, the wonderful Feds one up'd themselves by saying that not only would machine guns covered under that act have to be registered.....but from that point on, there could be no more civilian guns added to the mix. Sooooo... the supply was forever chopped short at whatever guns were registered when the legislation took effect..... which is why if you want to own a machine gun in this country, you'll need thousands of dollars for the gun and thousands more for the parts to keep it running.

I am uncertain how the second part of the legislation effects short barreled shot guns...that is, I know you can't go make an automatic weapon...and then have it registered, but I'm not sure if you can or can't cut down a shot gun and go get yourself a $200 stamp and register the gun.

I'm also uncertain as to how aggressive the feds would be about enforcing the short shotty legislation. I have no doubt you'd be in Club Fed if they caught you with an unregistered Automatic Uzi..... but have no idea whether they'd throw Bubba in Federal Prison for simply having a 17.5" Barrel shotgun.

I do know they could throw him in there for it.....so if someone on the other end of the legal system took a liking toward your case.....it might not end well. Much easier to just deal with a 18.5" shotgun and gut the stock off if you have to have a short one. (Although, I've heard stockless/pistol grip shotty's are a m-fer to control when shooting).

Just some thoughts.....some laws are begging to be broken....but some laws and some enforcers just aren't worth messing with.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Pistol gripped short barreled shotguns are AOWs (any other weapon) and transfer for a $5 stamp instead of the $200 stamp for a short barreled rifle or shotgun. In NFA legal states you can submit a Form 1 and once approved manufacture any of the three.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf
    Last edited by keyboardworkout; 03-15-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Add Form 1

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Pistol gripped short barreled shotguns are AOWs (any other weapon) and transfer for a $5 stamp instead of the $200 stamp for a short barreled rifle or shotgun. In NFA legal states you can submit a Form 4 and once approved manufacture any of the three.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

Aha....more learning for me.....I knew it was too confusing for me to go off memory, I completely forgot about the AOW's.

Well, its still illegal to just chop one off and go with it, so at least I possibly helped someone avoid something by bringing it to their attention .

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Aha....more learning for me.....I knew it was too confusing for me to go off memory, I completely forgot about the AOW's.

Well, its still illegal to just chop one off and go with it, so at least I possibly helped someone avoid something by bringing it to their attention .
    I think to manufacture an AOW is still $200 on the Form 1 but after that the transfer is $5 on the Form 4.

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i love the mossberg pistol grip, but i have also heard they are a little hard to control. the shotguns i like are 18-18.5" barrel, pistol grip on the stock. the home defense aspect is the reason i'm leaning towards the shotgun first. in our house, all of the bedrooms are upstairs, and since i work 3rd my wife is here alone with the kids during the night. i've told her that if the alarm ever goes off, get the kids into our room and shoot anyone that comes up the stairs. she was a pretty good shot with the .45, and i've got faith that if she needed to actually shoot the shotgun she would be able to handle it. i also have to believe that if a "bad guy" heard the racking they wouldn't come up the stairs in the first place.

my dad's got an old stevens 12 gauge and a lever action 30/30 (remington, i think) i'll be getting from him soon. these both belonged to my grandfather, so it'll be cool to have them.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I guess its a good thing I didn't follow that agent's advice - LOL

I had (still have) an automatic S&W 12 gauge and had no intentions of cutting it down. If things ever unfolded in my house, it would likely be an incident similar to what animal described. I'm at the top of the stairs with the shotgun shooting down the stairwell. If it were a short barrel it would spread killing anyone on the stairs. Since it has a longer barrel, it won't spread, but it will kill anyone on the stairs.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    .......If it were a short barrel it would ...[kill] anyone on the stairs. Since it has a longer barrel, it will kill anyone on the stairs.

When you put it like this....we're really just purchasing a shotgun based on aesthetics.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Guys give me some suggestions on smartphones. My blackberry died the other day and I picked up a motorola bionic. I like it and I might keep it, I haven't made up my mind yet, but the battery life is terrible. I'm afraid it may cause problems for me if I can't stay tethered to the power cord. Are they all this way and I'm just going to have to deal with it, or is there a better option?

I realize none are gonna work like the blackberry , but really this battery is terrible and I've had it for 2 days. Sucks so far.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Guys give me some suggestions on smartphones. My blackberry died the other day and I picked up a motorola bionic. I like it and I might keep it, I haven't made up my mind yet, but the battery life is terrible. I'm afraid it may cause problems for me if I can't stay tethered to the power cord. Are they all this way and I'm just going to have to deal with it, or is there a better option?

I realize none are gonna work like the blackberry , but really this battery is terrible and I've had it for 2 days. Sucks so far.
    i have a droid x, the older version (had it a year and a half) and my wife has an iphone 4. my battery lasts about an 8 hour shift if i'm on the web for most of it, my wife's is a bit better.

look for extra batteries on ebay, my buddy bought 3 extra batteries with a charger (so you don't need the battery in the phone to charge it). that way he's always got extra juice- i was gonna buy some but never think about it.

Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    If you need a zombie killer 12 gauge you need this one:

on the other hand a Mosberg 500 is simple robust and cheap. I have two Both in walnut.
    hey tim- what is that shotgun? i think i saw it in a guns n ammo buyers guide but can't find the magazine anymore. doesn't that monster hold like 25 or something crazy?

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i have a droid x, the older version (had it a year and a half) and my wife has an iphone 4. my battery lasts about an 8 hour shift if i'm on the web for most of it, my wife's is a bit better.

look for extra batteries on ebay, my buddy bought 3 extra batteries with a charger (so you don't need the battery in the phone to charge it). that way he's always got extra juice- i was gonna buy some but never think about it.
    I'd like to hear some suggestions too. Looking for a phone that will have an app to set up alerts of new postings of good deals on Craigslist, using keywords to search.

Closed Thread
Page 257 of 330 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 ... LastLast