craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000) craino is just really nice. (+1000)

the best abs and oblique workout *reps*

what is the best thing to workout the ab and oblique muscles?
    of course i know if i want them visible i need to cut, so diet and cardio. but what are the best workouts to isolate these muscles (especially obliques)?!
    reps for help
    ∫ іяс сязш ∫
    (-_-) yo!
    I rep back 600+. just sayin...

Reps Owed To:
    A_Hard_Rain
    Neopragmatist

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My personal favorites are squats deadlifts and pullups.

booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) booyaolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ThiZzNation925 View Post
    My personal favorites are squats deadlifts and pullups.
    what's wrong with bench?

Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ethan. has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well the best thing to hit the lower abs are weight reverse crunches on a bench, or hanging knee raises. I like to do 3x12 with both. To hit the obliques, i prefer side bends, and oblique Crunches. To hit the top of the abs i like swiss ball crunches or weighted decline, which also hit the obliques.
    In the red.

fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fatdaddy67 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Heavy compounds including squats and deads.

ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThiZzNation925 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fatdaddy67 View Post
    Heavy compounds including squats and deads.
    Agreed.

OP: Seriously though, the best oblique/ab workouts are the ones you already know. Crank up the intensity, train in different rep ranges, add weight, ect...

I have this guy I hit the gym with sometimes and does some crazy ab workouts. I worked in with him once and did something like this:

Lay down on a mat, and have your spotter stand above you. Grab their ankles, and do leg lifts. Have your spotter push your legs forward every time they come up. This allows yourself to set an intensity level, and work on your weak spots.

This worked my lower abs a lot. If you want to target your obliques, do the leg lifts at a alternating angle; left, right, left, right, ect...

I really saw a improvement in my ab strength and endurance over the next few months by doing this and simple weighted crunches every 3-5 days.

Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Felonist is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cable Crunches!!! Love em!! If your not cryin and moaning then increase the weights! Can utilize it to hit many angles.

Seated Ab crunch - balance body on bench and bring knees to chest

2 point bridges.

SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50) SocratesTX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Using a back extension chair, get a 10 lb. medicine ball and put it behind your head, get on the chair sideways and essentially do sit ups with your obliques, switch sides and repeat