Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to increase your vertical

Does anybody know any good workouts to increase your vertical while bulking up. I already know about all the other programs like aa3 ,doctor squats,etc. I started AA3 a few weeks and now that I'm about to start bulking I dont think I'll be able to continue it. Im looking for an actual leg workout that I can do once a week and that will dramitical increase my vertical.

p.s, Ive already looked at that huge vertical jump thread

mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mt127158 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Olympic lifting, jump squats, speed squats. Learn how to properly jump frist and that will help a lot.

P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10) P Dub is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just heavy squats helped me a lot. I went from barely being able to touch the net to now being able to grab the rim on 10 foot basketball.
    Bulking? Just eating a lot, and lifting my ass off.

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    work on slow-twitch muscles....
    do plyometrics (sp?)...
    Last edited by Bombers; 09-08-2005 at 04:37 PM.
    B|m|B
    CREW

{{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

*always pick 6 crew*

Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bombers
    work on slow-twitch muscles....
    dp plyometrics (sp?)...
    slow twitch? Em no, VJ is all about power to weight ratio.

Fast twitch fibres are most important.

strength train, practice jumping squats, and do some polys.

second poster is repped

Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Celticfan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mt127158
    Olympic lifting, jump squats, speed squats. Learn how to properly jump frist and that will help a lot.
    bump

Goddess in training amazonchick's Avatar
    amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazonchick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Plyometrics. Hate doing em, but they work.
    Become the change you want to see in the world.

Ghandi

Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Doctor pump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Celticfan
    slow twitch? Em no, VJ is all about power to weight ratio.

Fast twitch fibres are most important.

strength train, practice jumping squats, and do some polys.

second poster is repped

Could you please show me an example workout

Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Plyometrics, dynamic squatting, olympic lifts
    Killa

Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Doctor pump
    Does anybody know any good workouts to increase your vertical while bulking up. I already know about all the other programs like aa3 ,doctor squats,etc. I started AA3 a few weeks and now that I'm about to start bulking I dont think I'll be able to continue it. Im looking for an actual leg workout that I can do once a week and that will dramitical increase my vertical.

I play a lot of basketball and I have found that calf raises help your jumping tremendously.

Bend your knees and get down into a squat position. Thrust yourself up using full power. Upon landing, immediately repeat the whole motion. Do 15-20 reps to start and gradually increase. A very difficult but very good exercise. Stretch before doing your activity. Jumping with stretched muscles can add inches to your vertical. When you want to build a fast vertical go to some stairs or, in a workout room, a machine for this exercise. Go on the steps with the ball of your feet and begin standing on your tip toes. Then go back down. Repeat for about 50 reps for good workout. Good luck

Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Harmless711 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you got a Email address post it. I'll send you something awesome to read about increaseing your vert.

Originally Posted by Harmless711
    If you got a Email address post it. I'll send you something awesome to read about increaseing your vert.
    can you just pm it to me

chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chibimanju has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best way to increase your vertical is to ........ jump! It's the most important and often the most overlooked aspect in increasing verticals... Worked for me.

can you just pm it to me
    No just PM it to me.

bump.

Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Superkid2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Harmless711
    Why don't you post it?
    Killa

1. Lunge thrust jumps DH
    Put a 45 lb. squat bar across your shoulders like you are going to do a squat. Lunge forward with one leg, touch your knee on the floor and immediately explode into the air as high as you can. Land and continue with the other leg, using each 10 times.

2. Weights JP
    Wear weights aroung your ankles and run one mile. Rest 5 minutes, then find a wall. Mark a spot on the wall and jump to that spot 30 times and continue the amount of jumps the easier it becomes. Make sure to use ankle weights.

3. How to jump higher Salman S.
    If you have a hoop that can be raised up and down, then do this: Put it on the lowest hieght and then try dunking on it. Try different dunks. Once you've mastered this, then raise it up one, making it higher. Keep doing this until you can't reach the rim.

4. Tuck jumps nathan
    Bend your knees slightly and explode straight up with both feet together. Try to touch both knees to your shoulders while keeping your back straight. As soon as you land, try to jump straight back up. Repeat roughly 25 times.

5. Use a low rim Johnny U.
    Find or build a rim low enough where you can do any dunk. Increase it 1 inch every 2 weeks. Before you know it, the rim will be higher than 10 feet.

6. Stretch eHow Friend
    Stretch, stretch, stretch, stretch, then stretch some more ...

7. Calf Raises eHow Friend
    I play a lot of basketball and I have found that calf raises help your jumping tremendously.

8. Squat Jumps Dan
    Bend your knees and get down into a squat position. Thrust yourself up using full power. Upon landing, immediately repeat the whole motion. Do 15-20 reps to start and gradually increase. A very difficult but very good exercise.

9. Stretching Jim
    Stretch before doing your activity. Jumping with stretched muscles can add inches to your vertical.

10. Strength Shoes eHow Guest
    I tried the strength shoes, and saw a four inch increase in my vert. However, I'm not sure that this wasn't simply a result of following the training regimen that accompanied the shoes.

11. Stick with it! Aaron
    Its important to stay dedicated and stick to your program. After you figure out a workout regimen you're happy with do it 4 or 5 times a week. I've stuck with mine for a month now and I've already increased 4 inches!

12. Use an adjustable hoop Alan
    If you want to jump higher, use a hoop that you can't dunk on yet, and jump as high as you can on that hoop. Do that about 25 times every day. It will quickly increase your vertical leap.

13. Stay on Your Toes Kyle
    One simple tip to increase your vert is to walk everywhere on your toes. Whether you're walking around the house or mowing the yard, this will work. You might also try some ankle weights.

14. Do this to increase your leap; it worked for me! Dan J.
    You will need to find a higher net than a regular 10-foot net and play on that one for a couple of weeks or a month. When playing on a higher net, you will try to jump higher to get to the top. Then, go back to a regular net and start again.

15. Air jumps eHow Friend
    Stand with your feet together then explode in the air scissor-kicking. Do this ten times then explode up and bring you knees to your chest. Then in the starting position explode up and touch your toes with your hands straight out in front of you. Do 10x.

16. Ankle weights Antonio S.
    Get a pair of 10-pound ankle weights. Run up & down stairs 10 times for 2 sets. Increase by 5 reps each week. Next do 20 reps of 2 sets of calf raises with ankle weights; increase by 5 each week. Do one rep of 100 jumping jacks; increase by 100 each week.

17. Squats sheldon C.
    Do 50 squats a day. You will
    increase your vertical leap dramatically. I now have a 45-inch vertical cause I did this for 3 1/2 weeks.

18. Adjustable rim Loren L.
    One way is to find a adjustable rim and set it where you can dunk it easily. Do this as many times as you can and every week move the rim up a notch. Another thing that will help is to always walk on your toes. These should increase your vert quickly.

19. explosive bench jumps allen W.
    position 4 to 5 benchs or aerobic steps about three feet away from each other in a line, safely stack till there waist high..stand feet together,jump off both feet on top of a bench then down to floor immediatley back up to the next and so on..run back an

20. The stair walk delta phi tamil
    Walk down a flight of stairs backwards and on your toes, being careful not to fall. This dramatically strenghtens the explosiveness of the calf muscles and helps to add some inches to your vertical leap.

21. mad hops mad your busi
    one thing you can do to get a good jump is order you a pair of jumpsoles. they work really well.

22. believe in yourself eHow Friend
    Right after you wake up, picture yourself dunking, or touching the rim, or whatever your goal is. You have to believe that it is possible and have a positive attitude throughout the entire day. That day, jump and try to reach your desired goal.

23. Increasing vertical and running jump. DeVonte H.
    Use a chair if you have no stairs around. Step onto the chair 50 times a day. It will help your jump dramatically but not very quickly and don't forget to stretch before doing this. If you don't it can cause serious damage to tendons and cause bad cramps.

24. Calf raises mike
    When you want to build a fast vertical go to some stairs or, in a workout room, a machine for this exercise. Go on the steps with the ball of your feet and begin standing on your tip toes. Then go back down. Repeat for about 50 reps for good workout.

25. Bleachers eHow Friend
    Find a set of stairs or bleachers. Run up them one step at a time then skip a stair on the second ascent. The next time up, do "bunny hops" by placing both feet together and jumping the stairs one or two at a time.

26. Increase weight, decrease reps Fred
    In the weight room, concentrate using more weight and less reps. If you're playing volleyball or basketball. Explosive training is what you should shoot for. Training until exhaustion will focus more on endurance than power to jump.

27. Jump higher justin
    Strap on ankle weights and jump rope with them on. This will strengthen your legs and help you jump higher. You can also do burst jumps, run and do toe raises with them on.

28. Quick Jumps Kris
    Begin by standing straight with your knees near locked. Jump up as high as you can just using your feet. Kind of like a calf raiser but you actually get off the gound.

29. How to jump higher Charles
    I play a lot of basketball and I have found that you need strong shoulder and back muscles as well as good leg strength. Try to throw your arms up as hard as you can when you jump, it helps a lot.

30. Calf lifts brandon M.
    Stretch your calves before performing this exercise.
    Stand on the edge of a flight of stairs or platform and flex your calf until there is a burning sensation. Do three sets of 25 every other day on a regular basis.

31. FLY HIGHER! GUSAM B.
    ONE OF THE MOST OVERLOOKED ASPECTS OF TRAINING OF ANY TYPE IS THE ABDOMINALS. EVERYONE SHOULD STRENGTHEN THIS AREA AND SEE INCREASED PERFORMANCE. THIS APPLIES TO JUMPING AS WELL. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT, JUMPING WITH ANKLE WEIGHTS ON IS A PROVEN NO-NO. SOMETHING ELSE WHICH AIDS IN JUMPING IS A WEIGHTED VEST, SIMPLY WORKOUT, UNLOAD AND EXPLODE!!!

I'M SAM ABEEN DUNKIN

Rate this tip:

32. how to jump higher Ronny W.
    Start by streching out good. Then set up some hurdles about 5 of them place about 2 feet apart from each other. Jump up over one and land and come right back up and complete the cycle jumping over all 5 without stoping. This will help you gain vertical leap and you will find yourself getting quicker!

Rate this tip:

33. jump higher Lucas B.
    Try this because it will work. Simply just run a few sets of sprints backwards. Be sure that you are on your tip toes though. This strengthens your calf muscles big time.

Rate this tip:

34. Thigh Muscles SiD S.
    In order to jump higher you need good calves but you also need strong thigh muscles. Sprinting is one the best for both calves and thighs and also running up and down a staircase.

Rate this tip:

35. The Best Way to Increase your Vertical Marc F.
    Ok, here's the best way to get a higher vertical jump. First, be active. Try to make sure you're doing something every day such as playin basketball or running. I find an hour a day is usually good. Next, before you do any excercise at all, STRETCH. Stretching not only makes you resistant to injury, but it also gives you much greater flexibility and leg strength. Make sure you stretch hard though. Always try to go further. Concentrate on the calves and thighs. One thing that many people don't realize is that just about every muscle from your upper chest down are all in some way working when you jump. Try strength training. I'm 18 years old and I'm 6'2". This morning, after about a month of mild training, i went from tapping the rim when i started, to dunking. Also, when you are ready to dunk, make sure you have strong hands. Even if you get high enough, you might not be able to dunk if you can't hold on to the ball. Good luck everyone!

Rate this tip:

36. Get up! s L.
    Go to a hoop and stand under it. Jump up and touch the back board as many times as you can until you can no longer get off the ground. Take a day off and then do it again.

Rate this tip:

37. single out sam I.
    One thing helping me is single leg presses. When you do double, your strong leg takes the weight while your weak leg stays in the shadows. For power, force the weight off as fast as you can, but just be careful of your knees because it's a LOT of strain.

Rate this tip:

38. Rody D. Rody D.
    One thing no one really does is go bike riding on a single gear freestyle bike uphill and riding with bursts of speed. I was 5'6" grabbing the rim

Rate this tip:

39. Plyometrics Adam M.
    Plyometrics is designed to shock the body's muscles into strengthening. This therefore increases your vertical leap. An example would be putting your hands on your head and jumping with a straight back (not bending your head) and then trying to touch your knees to your chin. A simple plyometrics session is over in 15 minutes. After 4 weeks of plyometrics every second day, I increased my vertical leap by 3 inches off two feet and 2 inches off one foot. I am 5'11" and I can dunk and nearly get two handers. Sticking to the training regimen is the hardest thing though. Now go jump!

Rate this tip:

40. Vertical Jump Help Cheyne S.
    You should notice that all these tips tell you to work on only ONE muscle group. Work on them all! You can have a more explosive jump with stronger calves, but that doesn't mean you should only work on your calves. Your quads are equally important. Also, your lats should not go un-worked; they are also a very major part of your jump.

Rate this tip:

41. Calf raises Derrick Y.
    When you do calf raises with weights, try going up fast and going down really slow.

Rate this tip:

42. Jump higher James L.
    Start off by stretching. Then do jumps in a squat position (do 20 reps). This will mainly work your quads. After you do a set of these, jump as high as possible, keeping your legs straight (do 20 reps). This will work your calves. Do burn outs (short little hops like you see boxers do) and try to do 100 since these are easier. Finally, do calf lifts on stairs or on a machine. You'll feel the burn, but it's worth it.

Rate this tip:

43. Calf exercise while at school Eric S.
    I always did this while in all my classes at school: While you are seated, have both feet flat on the ground. Then, keeping your heels on the ground, lift the front part of your feet up and down repetitively, but don't bring both up at the same time. Raise the front part of your right foot and as that is going down raise the front of your left foot. Keep doing this until you can't anymore. Then take a 10 minute rest and start again.

Rate this tip:

44. Tips to jump higher Robert S.
    First, you need to find out if you want to jump off one leg, or both. A big tip if you jump off both feet is to focus on technique. You should swing your arms back as your knees are bending down. The arms should swing up as the knees are going up. Make sure you swing your arms in a circular motion. Your arms and hands will act as weights that carry you up a couple of inches higher. If you jump off one foot then you should do lay ups repeatedly (you could also just do the motion of it), each time trying to get up as high as you can. 20 times with each leg is fine.

Rate this tip:

45. Determination is the key brook S.
    Anything can be done if you put your mind to it. Try starting with a nice stretching session and do running on steps with your toes for an hour with a five minute break for four weeks and check out your vertical increase.

Rate this tip:

46. The Shaolin Way will C.
    Dig a 3 foot deep hole in your back yard. Wear a weighted vest (ankle weights will ruin your knees). Be well warmed up and stretch before you start practicing. Get into the hole and start jumping out of it. If it's easy then dig deeper and try again. Keep going, digging, jumping, digging. Extend your arms out in front of you and as you jump, inhale as you pull your arms to your chest, sharply bringing your knees to your chest. Don't squat too much before jumping either. Practice every day at the same time for half an hour or longer. After a year you'll be able to jump over a guy's head from standing and with very little wind up. It's the Shaolin way!

Rate this tip:

47. I gained 5 inches in 3 weeks billis W.
    I had a 38" vertical jump and I'm 6'4". My brother had a pair of strength shoes in the closet so I dusted them off and made my own routine. This routine includes supplements.

Step 1. Put on strength shoes.
    Step 2. Do 50 squats at rapid pace.
    Step 3. While doing the squats, hold a ball in both of your hands and mimic the motion that you would do jumping off both feet doing a two handed dunk. Don't bring the ball past eye level.
    Step 4. Add 50 squats each day until you are up to 500 in each session. This time will go by fast after you're in the program for 2 weeks.

Creatine monohydrate helps with being able to keep your reps high without tiring so quickly. By the time you are around 250 squats a day, you'll be able to do them very, very quickly - so quickly that your feet will come off the ground. This is when you will start to see the gain.

When you are attacking the hoop, it feels as though you are jumping up for a regular lay in and the next thing you know, you are staring at the rim. This program works very effectively, if you stay dedicated.

Rate this tip:

48. One legged wall sits Chris B.
    Do wall sits with one leg. A wall sit is when you sit on the wall as if there was an invisible chair there. Your knees must be bent at 90 degrees and your back flat against the wall. I'm 5'0 and can touch the rim on 9'6".

Rate this tip:

49. Jump higher Chris B.
    Walk around when you are home alone on heels. This develops the lower calf, which many people overlook.

Rate this tip:

50. Jumping jacks daniel
    Wear your ankle weights and do 2 sets of 100 jumping jacks. This really worked for me. I hope it works for you. I am only 5-4 and I can touch the rim.

Rate this tip:

51. Take it from me...I can fly Hang_Time
    I can say I tried EVERYTHING, from weights to vertical leap programs. I now know that the best and only exercises are jump rope (with or without weights) and squat hops (for your hamstrings). Do these and even your jump shot will be a "wow."

Rate this tip:

52. Jump higher steven
    Find 40 meters of flat ground. Walk up on your heels and back on your toes. Do this 10 times, once a day. Do hurdle bounds by setting out some hurdles set at the lowest height to start. Do some jumps over them once every second day. As you improve, increase the number of sets and height of the hurdles and within a couples of weeks, you will notice the improvement. I am a high jumper who used to jump 160cm and by doing this, I increased to 202cm in only 6 months and am only 1.75 meters tall. So give it a try and see if it works for you!

Rate this tip:

53. Heavy Squats and Explosive Light Squats Josh
    I put a 45 lb. barbell on my back and do explosive jump squats. Sometimes I'll add up to 20 pounds to the bar. I also squat heavy, all the way down (i.e., as much as I can do for the reps I need all the way down), usually around 2-3 reps for 2 or 3 sets. I don't overdo any of these things, squatting no more than once or twice week. This has increased my vertical from about 26-27 (all natural) to around 30 inches in about 4-6 months or so. I'm 5'6 and 3/4 inches, 23-years-old, have about an 84.5 inch upward reach, and for the first time in my life I was able to grab and hang on the rim (so about a 38 inch running vertical now), instead of just being able to touch it. I also eat a very good diet, full of good fats like salmon and coconut oil and other things that would take too long to get into here. But don't overlook diet.

Rate this tip:

54. Jump higher Shakur
    If you have a trampoline, always try to jump higher and higher. This will help you with your jumping on the ground. I'm 5'7" and I can do 360 degree dunks.

Rate this tip:

55. Stronger calf muscles Elijah.G
    Calf raises are a simple and effective way to make your calf muscles stronger. Just stand on your toes and come back down. Try to keep your heels no more than six inches off the ground.

Rate this tip:

56. Jumping
    When going up, don't start from too close in. Also, stretch before the attempt, and try running stairs.

Rate this tip:

57. Egde of A Stair
    You can do this exercise with or without weights on your shoulders. Stand with your toes on the edge of a stair and slowly move down. Then, spring up (but keep your toes on the ground). Do 3 sets of 15 to begin with, and add 5-10 more each week.

Rate this tip:

58. Resistance jumps Steve
    The best exercise (in my opinion) is resistance jumps. Strap ankle weights on and do explosive jumps. Squat until your butt practically touches the floor and jump as high as you can, landing softly on your toes. Repeat until fatigued.

Rest about five minutes and do a couple more sets. It does the same thing for your vertical leap as sqatting does for your power lift. The more weight you are able to add over time, the higher you'll be able to jump. It's extremely difficult to keep this routine up for an extended period of time, but when it comes to seriously increasing your vertical leap, there are no quick fixes or gimmicks that will get it done. Do this a couple times per week, and play hoops regularly. In a year or so, you will probably have added close to 10 inches to your vertical leap.

I started at a 26" vertical leap last year, and now I'm at 38". I'm only 6' and people can't believe it when they see me dunk 2-handed reverses. Hard work really pays off. Don't cheap out, and don't fall for the gimmicks. They will only add a few inches at best. You'll get the same results playing basketball 3 days a week as you would with the gimmicks out there.

Good luck!

Rate this tip:

59. Dunk what you can Ben W.
    Find (or build) a rim low enough for you to do any dunk. Increase the rim in height by 1 inch every 2 weeks. Before you know it, the rim will be higher than 10 feet. Do 25 to 50 dunks on this height every day, or until you get too tired to dunk on that height. Do not lower the rim in order to be able to dunk it if you get tired. Before you know it you will be dunking on a 10 foot goal with ease.

Rate this tip:

60. Get the boost John
    Find an edge to stand on, such as the stairs. Don't run up and down, instead use your toes to push yourself up. You should feel the pain pretty fast (it feels like burning). Do a couple of these lifts. After 2-3 minutes you will feel sore. Keep doing the basics and you will succeed.

61. This works too D-Nice
    Run up a hill of thick sand or dirt carrying a tire. I ran up a dirt hill with a tire tied to a rope around my waist. My vertical jump increased instantly. Caution: the rope rubbing against you can be annoying if it is tied improperly. With your dedication, this is one exercise that works. I have tired a lot of different things and this one has really helped me. Good luck!

Rate this tip:

62. Do squats Ben J.
    Go to your local gym and use a squat machine. Add a weight that will challenge you, but also one that you're comfortable with. Do about 3 sets of 10 repetitions. Make sure when you squat that your quadriceps are parallel with the ground. Do this 3 days a week and you should see nice results in a few weeks. Keep with it. You can add inches to your vertical leap.

Rate this tip:

63. Ankle Weights
    Whatever you do, don't use ankle weights. I had knee surgery, and I attribute one of the major causes to ankle weights.

If you want to use weights, you have to wear them at the chest or waist. Think about it, that's where you'd actually gain the weight, and therefore it's where your body can handle it. When was the last time you saw a guy with a bell shaped ankle that weighed an extra ten pounds? I guess that's what you'd call a cankle.

Rate this tip:

64. High Knees Kage
    When jumping rope, lift your knees as high as you can. You'll see the results faster.

Rate this tip:

65. Toe raisers artie"a-dub" W.
    Go to the stairs. Using only one foot, go up and down the stairs until you are too tired to do it any longer. Now switch to your other foot and do the same thing again. Do this every night, or every hour, depending on how quickly you want an improvement in your vertical leap.

Rate this tip:

66. Read this before training for your vertical leap kevin
    Weight training is great for strength workouts. When you are performing a squat you are moving a lot of weight at a slow speed. It's great if you want to build more muscle or strengthen you knees and legs. However, if you want to jump higher, you need to train your body differently. I think you should also do strength workouts on the body. You're using more than just your legs to jump. You are using your arms, shoulders, back, and so on. When you are jumping, you are exploding. Your muscles are thrusting you up in the air at a high speed. You need to teach your body how to work together at higher speeds. Do not carry weights or ankle weights when performing jumps (you can easily injure your joints and it will slow your progress). Plyometric jumping is what you should practice. You can find sample workouts online. Plyometric training is not strength training, so don't worry if your muscles don't feel exhausted. Before you begin your Plyometric training you should have 6 months of good weight training under your belt, and be in top shape. The Plyometric workout is extremely stressful on your body.

Here is my sample workout:

Warm up 10 minutes.
    Box jump 5 sets 6 repetitions.
    Bounding 4 sets 8 repetitions.
    Backboard jump 5 sets 4-6 repetitions.
    Sprint 20 yards, 30 yards, 40 yards, 50 yards.
    Cool down 10 minutes and stretch.

Rest 2-4 minutes between eat set. You shouldn't be out of breath before you begin you next set.

Rate this tip:

67. Sky high casey B.
    Exercise and keep on trying!

Rate this tip:

68. Explosive reaching jump ben G.
    Stand on a bench or box, step off with your legs straight, bend on impact and jump up immediately from the squat position. Jump as high as you can. Repeat this 5 times, 4 times a day. Your vertical jump will increase rapidly. I'm 5 feet 11 inches tall. Using this exercise, combined with others, I can play above the rim.

Rate this tip:

69. Just walk Ryan
    If you have a pair of jump soles, wear them when walking. Walking up hills is most effective.

Rate this tip:

70. Running and losing weight baby V.
    You need to loose weight, make your body as light as possible. Go on the track every morning (before the heat), run your fastest mile. Remember your time, and try to better it every time. Your legs should feel weak after each mile. If their not, your not trying hard enough. The second thing is sprinting. Find an area of road, at least 3 miles long. Sprint as long as you can, and then rest and walk until your ready to sprint again, you should only walk for about ten seconds. After you get to the end, do the same thing back. Also, time your trip and try to better it every time. Remember to stretch.

Rate this tip:

71. Lower your weight DA O.
    Nobody has even mentioned losing weight. The more weight you lose, the higher you will jump! Use this tip along with all the other tips. To lose weight, decrease your caloric intake (eat less fats and carbohydrates) and increase your caloric expenditure (exercise more). It really works! Make this a permanent change. Don't fall for fad diets, they only make you lose weight temporarily, and then you are back to your former weight! Happy Jumping!

Rate this tip:

72. Vertical leap improvement Anthony L.
    When trying to increase your vertical leap, you can do these workouts:

1. Burnouts - stand with your feet close together and hop up and down, lifting above the ground by about 2-3 inches. Do at least a 100 repetitions. 2. Squats - these are essential for building powerful hamstrings quadriceps and glutes.
    3. Calf raises - these help fast twitch muscle fibers. Do these and you will see an increase in your vertical leap in about 4 weeks.

Rate this tip:

73. Protein Calvin
    You should have a good amount of protein according to your weight. For example: if you're 175 pounds, you have to have 175 grams or close to that. Protein helps you promote strength and muscle growth for your body. If you're seriously working out your legs, and you're drinking protein shakes, you will be stronger in the legs a lot quicker. Protein is the only way bodybuilders get big. Try using whey protein, it's the best protein out there. Good luck to everybody.

Rate this tip:

74. Workout Strategy
    My advice is not to overdo the work out. 3 times a week should be fine.

Rate this tip:

75. Jumping higher BOB
    Get to a basketball hoop (it's best if you can't dunk on it), jump up and try to touch the backboard. As soon as you touch the ground - explode and jump again. Do this 30 times, rest 10 minutes and do it 35 times. Try to follow a routine by doing this every day.

Rate this tip:

76. Calf lifts Phalanx
    Put on a pair of earphones and listen to your favorite music. Get on the edge of a flight of stairs and do 50 - 100 calf lifts, or until you get a burning sensation. When you get that burning sensation it means you are doing this right.

Rate this tip:

77. Dunking Gael
    Order a pair of Jumpsoles and wear them while mowing the lawn. Do quick jumps and crunches. In two weeks you'll be dunking like it's nothing.

Rate this tip:

78. Squats and toe raises dr.funk
    You must do sets of squats and sets of toe raises. You can start by 2 sets of 20 and increase the number every week. You must exercise every day. I did this and it worked.

Rate this tip:

79. Very effective way
    Purchase and wear a 20 pound weighted vest, the ones made for mobility not weight training, and run full court attempting to achieve maximum height at each side of the court. Count 1 basket as 1 and repeat 20 to 30 times a session 3 times a week. Your vertical should increase by 10% monthly for about 4 to 5 months.

Rate this tip:

80. Mini jumps dan
    Mini jump 350 times, rest for 30 seconds and see how high you jump. You should gain about 16 inches.

Rate this tip:

81. Ankle weights elliott
    When practicing your moves, wear ankle weights. Keep the ankle weights on at all times. This will increase your leg strength and make it easier to do dunks at game time.

Rate this tip:

82. Trampoline Matthew
    If you have ready access to one, position a trampoline about five feet in front of the hoop. Get a running start and then leap onto the trampoline. You should explode several feet into the air, giving you enough height and hang time to throw it down.
    Also, be careful not to whack your face on the rim, which is a possibility.

Rate this tip:

83. Explosive calf raises Jelani
    First, stretch your calves by walking around on your toes for about thirty seconds. Next, stand on anything flat (that is at least a foot high). Stand on the edge of this surface and make sure everything from the bone on the left of your pinky toe to your heel is off of the surface. Raise up as high as you can using your toes. Do not bounce when doing this, it is not effective and can damage your Achilles tendon. You will know you are doing this correctly if after 10-15 repetitions you feel burning in your calves. Each day add three or four more repetitions to your previous amount. This will surely improve your vertical leap and have you dunking in no time.

Rate this tip:

84. Street running speedy
    You can increase your vertical jump by running up and down your street 15 times, then walk 5 times 5 days a week, then rest for two days.

Rate this tip:

85. Fly like Michael Jordan and Vince Carter The I.
    First, you need to play a lot of basketball. Then, get an adjustable goal. Set it on something easy for you to dunk. After a few days (or a week), raise it up one level. Do this until you get to something fairly difficult for you to reach. Jog and do calf raises. Something else that helped me is jumping as high as I could in the same place 50 times without stopping. These things will put inches on your vertical in no time. Do this every two nights for three weeks. Go out to your goal and set it on the height you couldn't get before, and you should easily be able to get it. Raise it up one. If you have difficulty dunking that level, go repeat the process. I know that this little program works. I'm 5'10 and I can dunk a 10 footer with ease.

Rate this tip:

86. Core strength is vital JUMPJUNKIE
    Besides the calves and quadriceps, which are obviously important in jumping, the abdominal muscles are extremely valuable as they are the center for almost all movement. Do lots of sit-ups or whatever abdominal exercises you want. Having stronger abdominal muscles will allow for a greater core strength and thus greater jumping ability. Feel your stomach when jumping, you'll feel the muscles contracting.

Rate this tip:

87. Jumping higher Jay
    The best way to jump higher is habitual jump training. This is when you train your legs to be in constant jump mode. All you have to do is squats 15, increase the number after 2 weeks. 15 hop squats, increase these after 2 weeks. 15 calf raises, increase these after 2 weeks, too. 15 rim hops, ankle weights and jump roping. These exercises are more effective when done in polymeric format (in other words with explosive power). I recommend polymeric format because results come quicker. Trust me, I started with a wimpy 20 inch vertical jump, now I have a 47 inch jump - all in 12 weeks! But this doesn't mean you'll get the same results, it all depends on how strong your legs are!

Rate this tip:

88. Ladies love the dunk Aria K.
    Haven't you always wanted to do something that no one else could and show off? Every day I did 100 calf raises when I woke up, in the middle of the day, and at night. I regularly played basketball and I tried to dunk my way up to 10 feet. Starting off at 8.5 feet, then quickly made my way up to 9 feet. 9.5 feet was a struggle, but after a while I did it. Now I have a 35 inch vertical and I can do windmills on 10. All it takes is determination.

Rate this tip:

89. Jump higher 18
    Get a weighted jump rope. Jump rope as long as you can without taking a rest. Do around 5 sets of 100 jumps. Do this 3 times a week, along with any other exercise you do.

Rate this tip:

90. One footed calf raises
    Put one foot over the other, do about 15-20 raises. If you do it right they will burn, then switch legs and do it over. Do 3 or 4 sets a day.

Rate this tip:

JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JoyRide70 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how coach mad us do jump squats with either the bar or DBs

or high steps onto LARGE boxes