kin0kin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New Guy - My mission to losing fat and getting ripped! (1 month passed, 24lb gone)

Hey folks, initially I've only considered losing fat but I'd decided to take one step further and becoming ripped as well!

My quest began approximately 1 month ago. I'd lots of health issue. At the age of 26, I have (or had) stage 2 hypertension with a measurement of 100/150 pulse 100. I weight about 87kg - 191lb. Being only 5'7 and an Asian, I was without a doubt...obese. I looked horrible and refuses to take pictures most of the time. So yeah I came to realize that this is a problem that has to be tackled ASAP and so my quest began.

It all started with my getting all psyched and googling different weight loss plans. I decided to go with the "lemonade diet". I did that for 10 days. And before someone mention that oh man that's no good, starving yourself is BAD. Well, I did that and I understood quite a few things about my body. I know roughly how much my stool weights, how much stool a person could store, how much weight a person varies in a day, and that I actually could survive, with energy, by drinking only lemonade with maple syrup and cayenne pepper for 10 days straight. The first 2 days were really horrible, I'm guessing the getting out of drugs would feel the same way...the cravings calling out to me..and that belly growl was devil's temptation. Anyway, 10 days passed, and I lost 4-5kg (bout 10lb+). At least 2lb came from stool and water retention. Actual loss of fat is about 3kg.

Then I started blending in the "GM diet" which involves fruits and vege soup. This helped a lot as the soup was very low calorie density and very filling. Adding the 1 gal/3l per day water requirement makes me feeling stuffed all day. Through this, I've lost at least another 2-3kg, this time it's not water or stool .

As time goes by, I've started to look into more food as I can't possibly survive with just vege soup and fruits. So Tuna, low cal bread, and low cal Tortilla came into the picture. Purely from diet, I've lost about 10kg in close to a month.

Currently I am at 74.2kg, that's a whopping 12kg loss. I've gone down from size 34 to size 31. My current size 32 jeans could be pulled down with all buttons and the belt on.

I'd just added these supplements which I'm starting tomorrow, and will be my 12 weeks/3 months program:

- GNC Mega Man Sports - 180 caps
    - GNC Ultra Omega 3 fish oil
    - Kirkland (costco) glucosamine
    - Jack3d (all 3 different flavors for each 3 different month)
    - Kaizen Caffein
    - Allmax Ephedrine
    - Kaizen Choc Whey Protein

My diet consists of:

- Kirkland Albacore Tuna
    - Ligo Sardines
    - Dempster's bread and tortilla
    - Kaizen shake
    - Chicken breast
    - Goldseal tuna
    - Hot Salsa
    - Egg whites
    - Oats with hot choc/condensed milk/maple syrup
    - bell pepper with sardine and salsa
    - Baked cauliflower with garlic, salt, and pepper
    - Wheat bran muffins
    - Broccoli salad with onion, shredded carrots, lettuce, cucumber, mustard and maple syrup as dressing
    - Vege soup
    - Vegetarian Vietnamese spring roll (diy) - rice paper, not fried
    - maybe some dim sum and sushi when I hit 70kg
    - Lots of water, 250ml per gulp
    - Red delicious apple
    - Dried blueberries
    - occasional lemonade cleanse

I'll post up my work out plans later. Basically I'm working with 20lb per arm and 10lb per arm depending on the workout. I work on whatever parts that have energy in 2 days straight and let the body recover completely before another session. Hitting 3 days a week is not hard but I think as time goes by 5 days a week would be possible. My current BF% is 25% and my current goal is to cut the bulk without losing muscles, and build whatever I can at the same time. My BMR is 1700+ and my intake is very low, around 400-1000 depending on whether I worked out or not. I hit about 50g+ of protein with this cal intake. I intend to try hitting 1g/lb as the BF% goes down another notch or two. I acquired a free stepper for cardio..which my gf actually enjoys a lot.

I'll be working very hard in the next 3 months, failure will not be tolerated. Feel free to advice and make suggestions. Thanks!

Oh I forgot to mention, my goal is around 60+kg (130+lb). This is just a figure goal in terms of pure weight, I'm actually keeping a closer eye on the BF% and how I actually look in person. My chest is 37", and I can see the rib cage right in the middle of my chest now, although there's still fat below the armpit, back, bellow, butt, thighs, and neck.

cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cultivateIT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can you post up some current pics?
    i'm also 5'7 asian went from 183 to current 150.
    Would love to see differences from same height bro.

Originally Posted by cultivateIT View Post
    Can you post up some current pics?
    i'm also 5'7 asian went from 183 to current 150.
    Would love to see differences from same height bro.
    Yeah I'll take some tomorrow. The issue is I wear brief LOL....I need to find the shortest short I have to wear..or grab some boxer brief. 150 is about 13lbs less than me, which I anticipate I'd hit by end of the month if I don't cheat at 154lb. Also, I'm not sure how much boost I'd get from E and C since I'll start taking them tomorrow. My last work out was 2 days ago. I'm getting all psyched even without jack3d. I'll be destroying at least 70% of my body tomorrow.

amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10) amazongb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is your hypertension in check? I'd be worried about using Jack3d and ephedrine while having blood pressure issues.. other than that, good luck!

Originally Posted by amazongb View Post
    Is your hypertension in check? I'd be worried about using Jack3d and ephedrine while having blood pressure issues.. other than that, good luck!
    Oh yeah. I forgot to mention. My hypertension was 100/150 and pulse 100. I measured several times few days ago without meds and it was at 118/80 and 113/75. Pulse also dropped to an avg level of 80! I'm happy.

Sorry I didn't get to take pictures today. I took 1 dose of EC today, Jack3d before workout, and 2 caps of multi. I think jack3d really helps in recovery, my body hardly aches like before. But my body feels really hot. I think I drank over a gallon of water today and the urine is really yellow. I understand that the multi vit does this but is the increase in body temperature due to the multi vit too? I'm guessing one dose of EC in the morning can't cause my body to increase in temperature for the rest of the day.

ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice to see someone else running a huge calorie deficit, I started november around 195 & im about you're height eating 110g of protein and a bit of fat not much else ~500 calories total -18lbs so far this month. Definitely works if you can stand it.

Just make sure you're getting enough potassium, its difficult to get the required 2-3g a day on very low calories & lots of multis say they've got potassium but not how much, if its not 500-1000mg its probably not enough. I take 1000mg on top of mine. Eating a crapload of broccoli works too. GL & nice progress.

Nice to see that you are losing as much weight too. I do think it's all about numbers as well. But I'm curious how do you get 110g protein with 500 cal? I got 150g today but that's with about 1000cal. Unless you take in 3 scoops of Whey a day lol.

Here's my intake spread sheet:

h**s://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tlC0H0CIHFxnHA8itcshGbA&authkey=CLjI57kC#g id=0

ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ALLUCANEATRIBS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    chicken/turkey breast, tuna, egg whites, sometimes a really lean steak 0 carbs and 6g worth of fat from fish oil. I probably get 5-10g sneaky fat in my meats too so its more like 550-600 calories. If im short on protein at the end of the day ill take in the remainder in whey or caesin right before bed usually only 20-30g.

WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WilWander has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kin0kin View Post
    My diet consists of:

- Kirkland Albacore Tuna
    - Ligo Sardines
    - Dempster's bread and tortilla
    - Kaizen shake
    - Chicken breast
    - Goldseal tuna
    - Hot Salsa
    - Egg whites
    - Oats with hot choc/condensed milk/maple syrup
    - bell pepper with sardine and salsa
    - Baked cauliflower with garlic, salt, and pepper
    - Wheat bran muffins
    - Broccoli salad with onion, shredded carrots, lettuce, cucumber, mustard and maple syrup as dressing

Whats the maple syrup doing in there?

Great work and commitment mate, really. But lemonade cleansing? Really? Why would you do that to your body?
    From soul to soul the shortest line
    At best will bended be:
    The ship that holds the straightest course
    Still sails the convex sea.

HAH knew the lemonade thing would come up . TBH I haven't done it in the past 2 weeks, it's just listed in case I feel bloated and decided to do it for a day or so.

The maple syrup is to add taste to the oats and salad. Sorry I still haven't managed to take some pictures. I was going to with my swimming trunk but it was size 36...