Thread: Shoulder Press

AM1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder Press

Is there a certain way you must position yourself to perform a shoulder press---Or any tips to really get a pump/burn in the deltoids

I mean, for example in chest, according to Milos (The Fit Show) - you must spread your elbows out and expand your ribs

I was wondering if there was any similar positioning for the shoulder press.
    Please any extra tips for Deltoids would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Escpecially on Rear Delts, I cant get a pump in those!!

Thanks alot folks

AM1234

keightes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keightes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) keightes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AM1234
    Is there a certain way you must position yourself to perform a shoulder press---Or any tips to really get a pump/burn in the deltoids

I mean, for example in chest, according to Milos (The Fit Show) - you must spread your elbows out and expand your ribs

I was wondering if there was any similar positioning for the shoulder press.
    Please any extra tips for Deltoids would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Escpecially on Rear Delts, I cant get a pump in those!!

Thanks alot folks

AM1234
    firstly, shoulder press (im assuming you're talking about military press) targets the front delts. If u want to hit the rear delts, i suggest bent over rear-delt raise and squeezing when u get to the top, and lying down rear delt raise.

on the shoulder press, i like sitting down on a bench with the bench on the highest possible incline (i.e. so im sitting back on the bench), pushing up with the barbell to the point just b4 locking in my arms, then slowly lowering back to the just above the top of my chest (where my collar bones meet). try behind the head military press too just to mix up the exercise.

SirDaniel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you're doing dumbbell military presses, Arnold suggests that you tilt the inside of the dumbbells inwards, towards your head, at the top of the movement. This will help you feel the burn and build bigger deltoids.

The End