Izzy05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Broken bones = Bad, VERY BAD

I have to start over again with the weight lifting process and such. I hate doing this over, but it's best for my health, and for myself. What i am talking about is my condition toward the past couple of months, recently i had some of my fingers broken in 2, mainly in the right hand, and in the middle finger mainly. Man, major pain, YEOUCH! They were so badly broken that they were disfigured, which sucked big time. I had to be taken immediately to the ER, it was so freaky the way my fingers were in such bad shape as well as my hands movement. Then they had to place a sub for a cast, $HIT! It truly hurt then, it felt like as if knifes gabbed me in the entire hand. To make things worse they then transfered to another hospital.

At the other hospital they X-rayed me and placed me at an Ortho. They (about 3 ) examined it and noticed that my fingers were broken in a spiral-like way, which would explain the disfigurement of my fingers. Next, I had to have surgery the day after my Ortho. The day of surgery was a bit uncomfortable, but i managed, though the difficult part was after the surgery (They placed another cast on me after the surgery).... IV's, dosages, and vomiting as if i had been on a roller coaster ride 20 times while eating. Man did i feel bad. : ( When that was done i was then placed home, and i felt as if i had been drugged and dazed out. Well, after that i had to go to another appointment to get a permanent cast. When that happened and they removed my cast i saw some of my fingers pinned, yes pinned, in my finger. They then had to put the permanent cast on.

The worst part was that i could not do anything, christ not even run. Boy did that suck. I had it for 4-8 weeks, and they were broken on a Sunday on Spring Break, funny isn't it? Plus, i had to do physical therapy a couple of more weeks to get my strength back a bit.

Anyways, i started to write with my left hand, which i sucked at since my right is my dominant hand to write with. And plus school, which got frustrating as hell, since personal fitness is my fav. course. (Since i was first and second best when it came to me and another person in gym that i know) So i had to do Abdominal exercises (crunches) or lower body exercises, excluding running. I got so frustrated that i just lost it, went up to the barbells, and lifted 20 with my left while placing my right on my back, then after that i went to the benchpress machine and lifted 50 lbs. then 60 lbs. with my left hand. I was enraged that i had to wait, i am a very impatient person as you can see. Then, days later some people at gym complained about me not doing anything at the gym. But i do, why do you think i go upstairs to the weight room? To walk around in circles? And i also have a cast? What do you think i have it for? To just look cool?? I guess some people don't look closer.

Anywho, after those weeks were done they had to remove the cast and the pins out of my finger, IT WAS EVEN MORE PAINFUL THAN THE BROKEN BONES. After that i had to recover, (Physical Therapy) which i am still right now doing. Well right now the results are okay i guess, i can lift a 10 and 20 correctly and i feel little pain on my fingers, which is good, and i can also grip, hold and lift these barbells. Man, i hate the starting over thing, you have to practice your movement of each finger to get the movement back. Then try to get your strength back by lifting small lbs. and then progressing to large lbs., and doing various exercises with the hand and the fingers. (Note: This also explains why some of my pics have only been on starting bodybuilding and others on the recovery on Physical Therapy, there wasn't much to do *Doc's orders*, so i had to lift and try and do my best on crunches without placing pain on the entire cast, which cover almost my entire arm, so the previous pics are crappy ones since of my condition.)
    Note: Don't fight rough with anyone, even if they want to.

Anywho, the reason why i typed this is because i was wondering if anyone else was in this similar position as i am in? And what did you all do about it? Thanks.
    http://www.boomspeed.com/izzy05/anjirev.jpg

What is life? Is it a choice, a matter, a piece of our own accomplishments? What is it?

Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to offend you bro but I hate it when people tell you they have broken, sprained, torn this and that but don't tell you how their injury occurred!!! so could you tell us what happened to get your hand so ****ed up man?

But good job on recovering, just keep working at it, you'll get it back.
    Just lift the weight, eat the food and sleep the sleep.
    If you are doing these three things correctly and still not gaining, THEN complain.

Never underestimate the power of a few extra hours of sleep, I found that to be the culprit lagging me.

p.s. make sure you are eating and lifting correctly :D

bigcalves is still a douche, thankyou friendly people for undouchin what he douched up.

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

eh

Usually it's because they got mad and punched a plaster wall, and then they feel dumb breaking their hand because of something like that.

sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammy21 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i was in a car accident once and bruised my hip and ribs but surprisingly only out for 3-4 weeks. Not as bad as having physical therapy and all that.

It could be worse - you could suffer nerve damage and never lift again.

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've broken bones before and come back to full fitness. It's hardly the end of the world.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

BiG BeNcHeR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BiG BeNcHeR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i know how u feel

a month ago i broke my humerus bone up near my shoulder (broke my arm in other words). i already had some slight pain in my upper arm/shoulder and the one day it felt alright i decided to bench. well eveything was goin well until my 3rd or 4th set. i was doin 275 for reps when all the sudden there was a loud cracking sound (my bone). it hurt like hell. i had surgery back on june 3, where they put 2 long rods in my arm. i now sit here typin with my bad arm in a brace and sling. wont be liftin for prolly 3-4 months.
    18 years old
    5'8''
    165 lbs
    Max bench:285 (320 before the broken humerus)
    squat:340 (i just started squattin, im workin on it)
    Deadlift: 365

5-17-04: Broken Humerus Bone (I'll be back...)

O, i forgot, sorry man. I got in a fight with someone, the fighting got worse and then when i least expected it i heard a loud crack. So that is how it happened.

What is life? Is it a choice, a matter, a piece of our own accomplishments? What is it?

Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sumobot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol...he probably didn't punch a wall or anything, since he said he broke fingers on both of his hands (but mainly his right). Unless, of course, he punched the wall the first time and it hurt so goddamn much that he had to punch the wall with his other hand to let his anger out.

hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Unhappy

DUDE i feel soooo bad for u...and good luck on the recovery and i know that ull recover back to normal in no time at all
    Make your own homeade weight gainer.
    lift heavy.
    do no cardio.
    eat when you are hungry.
    eat when you are bored.
    eat when you are tired.
    eat when you are full.
    eat when you wake up.
    eat before you go to bed.
    eat instead of talking.
    sleep at least 8 hrs a day.
    take a multivitamin.
    BE PATIENT, YOU WONT GET MASSIVE OVER NIGHT.

"Eat big to get big" - Uninspired

Don't worry man. You know right now it hurts at times even to type so much. But, i will lift back to where i started off at...hopefully soon. : s Sumo dude, if i where to hit a wall then i would know that first it would be better off to hit it with less force, and plus why would i hit a plaster wall? Where are these ideas coming from man? *_*

Ouch, Big Bencher. Rods on your arm? Ouch. That really sucks man. Hopefully you recover man.

tenkst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what a long story,,did not even read it-make it short

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Try avoiding fights next time.

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Breaking bones surely does suck.

Here's me on the day that i broke my left collarbone! Awesome stuff. (warning, pic has some bruising and some grazes)

I'm doped up on plenty of painkillers here, but more for my back than for my collarbone. I did it in at Speedskating state titles on a huge downhill.

It's what got me into bodybuilding though, so it's good i guess
    Attached Images
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

nateakabear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Broken bones = Bad, VERY BAD

Originally posted by Izzy05
    I have to start over again with the weight lifting process and such. I hate doing this over, but it's best for my health, and for myself. What i am talking about is my condition toward the past couple of months, recently i had some of my fingers broken in 2, mainly in the right hand, and in the middle finger mainly. Man, major pain, YEOUCH! They were so badly broken that they were disfigured, which sucked big time. I had to be taken immediately to the ER, it was so freaky the way my fingers were in such bad shape as well as my hands movement. Then they had to place a sub for a cast, $HIT! It truly hurt then, it felt like as if knifes gabbed me in the entire hand. To make things worse they then transfered to another hospital.

At the other hospital they X-rayed me and placed me at an Ortho. They (about 3 ) examined it and noticed that my fingers were broken in a spiral-like way, which would explain the disfigurement of my fingers. Next, I had to have surgery the day after my Ortho. The day of surgery was a bit uncomfortable, but i managed, though the difficult part was after the surgery (They placed another cast on me after the surgery).... IV's, dosages, and vomiting as if i had been on a roller coaster ride 20 times while eating. Man did i feel bad. : ( When that was done i was then placed home, and i felt as if i had been drugged and dazed out. Well, after that i had to go to another appointment to get a permanent cast. When that happened and they removed my cast i saw some of my fingers pinned, yes pinned, in my finger. They then had to put the permanent cast on.

The worst part was that i could not do anything, christ not even run. Boy did that suck. I had it for 4-8 weeks, and they were broken on a Sunday on Spring Break, funny isn't it? Plus, i had to do physical therapy a couple of more weeks to get my strength back a bit.

Anyways, i started to write with my left hand, which i sucked at since my right is my dominant hand to write with. And plus school, which got frustrating as hell, since personal fitness is my fav. course. (Since i was first and second best when it came to me and another person in gym that i know) So i had to do Abdominal exercises (crunches) or lower body exercises, excluding running. I got so frustrated that i just lost it, went up to the barbells, and lifted 20 with my left while placing my right on my back, then after that i went to the benchpress machine and lifted 50 lbs. then 60 lbs. with my left hand. I was enraged that i had to wait, i am a very impatient person as you can see. Then, days later some people at gym complained about me not doing anything at the gym. But i do, why do you think i go upstairs to the weight room? To walk around in circles? And i also have a cast? What do you think i have it for? To just look cool?? I guess some people don't look closer.

Anywho, after those weeks were done they had to remove the cast and the pins out of my finger, IT WAS EVEN MORE PAINFUL THAN THE BROKEN BONES. After that i had to recover, (Physical Therapy) which i am still right now doing. Well right now the results are okay i guess, i can lift a 10 and 20 correctly and i feel little pain on my fingers, which is good, and i can also grip, hold and lift these barbells. Man, i hate the starting over thing, you have to practice your movement of each finger to get the movement back. Then try to get your strength back by lifting small lbs. and then progressing to large lbs., and doing various exercises with the hand and the fingers. (Note: This also explains why some of my pics have only been on starting bodybuilding and others on the recovery on Physical Therapy, there wasn't much to do *Doc's orders*, so i had to lift and try and do my best on crunches without placing pain on the entire cast, which cover almost my entire arm, so the previous pics are crappy ones since of my condition.)
    Note: Don't fight rough with anyone, even if they want to.

Anywho, the reason why i typed this is because i was wondering if anyone else was in this similar position as i am in? And what did you all do about it? Thanks.
    That sucks. I had surgery about 3 and a half months ago on my foot and have a pin in it. I am just getting back to running and squatting and stuff.

Zep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got 3 broken knuckles at the moment, don't wanna get them looked at 'coz then if i need surgery or whatever, i'd be out of lifting for ages... Oh and they aren't just broken, one has moved about an inch backwards so instead of being just behind the finger, its about an inch behind it.. One has twisted around....

How did I do it? I was in a fight, hit the guy a few times then he moved and i smacked a concrete wall... Yes, stupid i know.

The best thing to do with an injury is look at it as a positive, and come back more pumped up than ever... Or work other parts of your body until you can get back to the injured part.

~Zep
    MrSinister is my biatch. The only weights he lifts is when i drop them after a set, he puts them back on the racks for me. What a man!

stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just recovered from a broken wrist. Its the second time I've broken it, snapped both of my collar bones, and my knee was messed up badly for a year or so. All from Motocross
    I was about to bench with a short arm cast on, lol
    Its was my right wrist, so I've spent a total of 7 months in a cast on my right arm (all from the wrist).
    Still gives me a few problems, and will for a few more months.
    This time breaking it I was a decision away from getting screws put it, but the doc wouldn't let me (not much to life with a right hand for 4 months, believe me), made me wait another month and presto! It started healing back.
    That was the second time I broken it, I actually re-broke it lifting and snowboarding thats why it took so long and almost had surgery.

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: eh

Originally posted by breathingmurder
    Usually it's because they got mad and punched a plaster wall, and then they feel dumb breaking their hand because of something like that.
    no way he had a spiral fracture from punching a wall, i only bruised my hand.

Ouch, man some of the people have it worse than me. Man.

Tom // Ghost has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bugger, get well soon.

Avoid fights and if the worst comes to the worst, learn to punch and don't swing if the guy's standing in front of a wall.

Funniest moment I've seen in a fight... A guy went to hit the other guy, but the other guy ducked so the first guy punched a spectator in the face. It was legendary.

I broke my leg pretty badly in a BMX accident. I snapped the tibia at an angle starting in my lower leg, but going down into my ankle. It was 16 weeks before I could walk again.

Tom

breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000) breathingmurder is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: eh

Originally posted by BIGnaturalBROCK
    no way he had a spiral fracture from punching a wall, i only bruised my hand.
    Ah, I didn't really read the post, I just remember at least two other posts where people broke a bone in their hand from punching a wall.

It was hitting flesh Tom, actually the face, lol. I think that some people are not reading it all. *laughs*

rkt11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Zep
    I've got 3 broken knuckles at the moment, don't wanna get them looked at 'coz then if i need surgery or whatever, i'd be out of lifting for ages... Oh and they aren't just broken, one has moved about an inch backwards so instead of being just behind the finger, its about an inch behind it.. One has twisted around....

How did I do it? I was in a fight, hit the guy a few times then he moved and i smacked a concrete wall... Yes, stupid i know.

The best thing to do with an injury is look at it as a positive, and come back more pumped up than ever... Or work other parts of your body until you can get back to the injured part.

~Zep
    be pretty hard to grab a weight let alone a bar with weight with those kinda injurys
    Texas FOOTBALL!!