redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

omg, why am i soooo weak!

Ive been reading some of your comments, and i know that it takes lots of work to be able to lift big. But im 18, 5'7, 143lbs and i think i have quite nice biceps, and traps. However i cant bench more than (im guessing) 90lbs. Like today i could bench 66lbs about 15 times.

Did all of you start out like this, or am i particulary wierd. My chest is only 38". Maybe this is why.

RR

ultramuscle22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when i started out i was pretty weak, just give it time.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Everyone starts somewhere - unless your aiming to be a powerlifter the weight you move doesn't matter - its form and working the muscle that counts.

I personally have a real weakness on all pressing movements

redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) redrabbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    really D&G ? Well i definetly wouldnt class myself as particulary weak. As i said my biceps and traps are preety well defined. The rest of my body stinks. I was one of those guys that just did biceps and shoulder movements for ages, when i was younger.

I guess its just because ive never worked the chest that much. The fly was preety uncomfortable, is that just something you have to get used to.

lol, i felt really stupid surrounded by 20" arm guys, and i was doing two 11lbs weights

howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) howsyomama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the weight you move does matter if want some degree of size maybe following a powerlifting routine for a couple would be a good idea

Knitro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry man, I'm right there with ya, my chest is real weak too. Just, keep working hard and it'll come, 2 years now and my strength is finally starting to move up quicker. I'm 205 now and can still only do 175 for 6-7 reps, but it's alot better than the 85 I started out at.

Good Luck,
    Knitro

One question, if someone says "I can bench 300lbs" does it mean they can struggle and get the weight up once?

RR
    GOALS for 2009:
    `````````````````````````````
    6 x 90kg (198lbs) bench & 1x100kg (220lbs)
    6 x 120kg (264lbs) deadlift
    6 x 110kg (242lbs) squat

Cycle more for cardio

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by redrabbit
    One question, if someone says "I can bench 300lbs" does it mean they can struggle and get the weight up once?

RR
    Depends. Usually if they say they can bench 300, that means it is their 1-rep max.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bracken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stop putting yourself down.

With an attitude like that you'll never get anywhere.

If you want strength, do a powerlifting routine for a few months.

Personally i find doing all sets in the 4-6 rep range gives awesome strength and good size gains.

Try it.
    Last edited by Bracken; 02-22-2003 at 05:40 PM.
    Capitalisation is important. See the sentence "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse."

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was very weak long time ago. The thing is, I always thought I was that weak and was scared to try heavier weights. Then one day, someone I know, just told me to bench more weights, and I did! I remember I got from 70lbs to like 115lbs in a week of time! It's not because I improved, but it's because I thought I was that weak. Moral of the story? Don't be scared to try new things.

Lately, I went back to lifting, and I just found out that I can bench my own bodyweight. I've never tried in until I was spotting a friend and after he did a set I just wanted give it a try, and I did!

Ruthless
    Last edited by Ruthless4Life; 02-22-2003 at 05:32 PM.

Cool ruthless. Next time i do my bench presses ill try and do a lot more weight. I use the support thingy. The thing with all the hooks on it - for safety. You can also use it for squats and military press.

RR
    GOALS for 2009:
    6 x 110kg (242lbs) squat

Cycle more for cardio

Thats another thing actually. I know an olympic bar weighs 44lb, but how much does the bar on the squat/bench/military press support rack weigh. Do you think it'll be the same - or different.

RR
    GOALS for 2009:
    6 x 110kg (242lbs) squat

Cycle more for cardio

BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigGill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    RR, What's up man? Don't think of yourself as weak - like the first post stated, "you have to start somewhere" - now explode off that. Too really increase strength I recommend starting your bench press routine with Incline Barbell (varying to a dumbbell press three weeks later). By doing Incline first (naturally a persons weakest bench) you'll shock your pecs to a new level. For nice results Superset Bench with Flyes to really rip deep into those fibers. Or, to really blast pec development, begin by pre-exhausting your pecs (doing flyes first). You won't be able to put up as much weight once you hit bench, but you'll be activiting those usually hard to hit deep muscle fibers, giving your body a great chance to grow. Remember to eat and get plenty of sleep. Stay flexed!

BigGill

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by redrabbit
    Thats another thing actually. I know an olympic bar weighs 44lb, but how much does the bar on the squat/bench/military press support rack weigh. Do you think it'll be the same - or different.

RR
    Those should be olympic bars.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brad427 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heh the thing with the support bars is a smith.

batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) batman12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    youll get there man, just dont give up along the way. the first time i ever touched a bench i put on 75 pounds and it came crashing right down on me. as hard as i tried i couldnt get that thing back up and i had to get my basketball coach to pick it up off me.. everyone thought it was pretty funny. last friday at a meet i did 265 on a pause bench,,, improvements come, just give them time.

jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonathan reeves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just bulk up. eat that good food. also if you want ot put on mass you said you did 15 reps. i would lower the reps and add weight. hth
    biggill:bump

Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stormrider has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't feal bad about it bro! I started off with a 105lbs bench press at 215lbs body weight!

Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Mc_Garnicle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    in time dude and you will be lifting what you desire !

Originally posted by brad427
    heh the thing with the support bars is a smith.
    How do you know? Did he say that (i might have missed it)?
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com