d piece has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

What do you think is the best 4 on 3 off split?

I'm going to be doing a 4 on 3 off from now on.
    I'm thinking:
    Sunday: Shoulders, Abs, Neck
    Monday: Back, Biceps
    Tuesday: Legs
    Wednesday: Chest, Triceps
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Rest
    I work forearms on one of the rest days and they get worked a lot during sparring which I do usually 4 days a week.

I'm thinking of switching triceps and biceps and seeing how that works out.

Any suggestions?

bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bizkit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it looks good imo. and switching the bis and tris will do you fine..
    only qualm is on the split itself though.. imo, 2 on, 1 off, 2 on then 2 off.
    "There's gotta be some kind of limit on how many times they can keep making money off of these boy bands..."
    Fred Durst

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by bizkit
    it looks good imo. and switching the bis and tris will do you fine..
    only qualm is on the split itself though.. imo, 2 on, 1 off, 2 on then 2 off.
    bump...

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've tried 4 on 3 off and I could only do that for about 3 weeks before I started feeling burnt out. It's not that you're working the same muscles too often, but your CNS takes a good hit after a while IMO. Plus you have back followed by legs. That's going to affect your leg workout. You should have at least 48 hours between back and legs.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Good call on the back and legs thing.
    A 4 on 3 off is WAY more convenient for me right now, but I'm going to force it into a 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off because I can't see a way to get around the back/legs issue without making something else conflict.

How about this:
    Sunday: Chest, Triceps
    Monday: Back, Biceps
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Shoulders, Abs, Neck
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Rest
    I work forearms on one of the rest days and they get worked a lot during sparring which I do usually 4 days a week.

What 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off splits do you guys use?

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

That's a much better split. I do a 3 day split because of schedule, work, kids and all that other fun stuff.

Good luck with it.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

What is your 3 day split like?
    I want to try out S.H.I.T. hahaha.

Originally posted by d piece
    What is your 3 day split like?
    I want to try out S.H.I.T. hahaha.
    LOL. S.H.I.T. is good. Just taking everything to failure but with low volume. My split which is still being tweaked is as follows. I workout at home BTW.

Everthing is done for 2 sets only. That way I'm done in 30 minutes. I just started this so we'll see how it works out. I did a 3 day split before this, but it had a few more sets. Not too many more though, so it's not a drastic reduction for me. Basically going from 3 sets to 2.

It's sort of a max-ot/HIT routine based on both theories. So I called it S.H.I.T. because I don't know if I'll end up flushing it

Workout 1
    Bent Over Rows
    Weighted Pullups
    Shrugs
    Bicep Curls
    Hammer Curls

Workout 2
    Bench Press
    Weighted Chest Dips
    Military Press
    Side Laterals
    Skull Crushers

Workout 3
    Squats
    SLDL
    Leg Curls
    Standing Calf Raises
    Seated Calf Raises