renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10) renzoresu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Making your own circuit program.

Hi I'm 17 years old. So I'm on a cut right now and I've been on HST for the past, idk months. I've been hitting it hard. Went from the beginner HST from somewhere on this site then finished the intermediate one too.

But now, I'm thinking about moving to a circuit training workout. The question is, how do I make my own one?

Also, are these good ones?

The German Body Comp Program by Charles Poliquin
    The Meltdown Series by Don Alessi &
    Afterburn by Alwyn Cosgrove
    Back at it.

Alvinray has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by renzoresu View Post
    Hi I'm 17 years old. So I'm on a cut right now and I've been on HST for the past, idk months. I've been hitting it hard. Went from the beginner HST from somewhere on this site then finished the intermediate one too.

But now, I'm thinking about moving to a circuit training workout. The question is, how do I make my own one?

Also, are these good ones?

The German Body Comp Program by Charles Poliquin
    The Meltdown Series by Don Alessi &
    Afterburn by Alwyn Cosgrove
    To design your own circuit workout, your program should include these components:

Cardio: If you have the space and equipment, your cardio component could include walking or running on the treadmill, climbing stairs, exercising on the elliptical, biking, rebounding or using a rowing machine. Alternately, if space and equipment is limited, you can try exercises like shadow boxing, jumping rope, jumping jacks or running in place. Make sure that the cardio workout you choose fits your fitness level. If you're a beginner, try briskly walking in place. More advanced exercisers can run or jog.

Strength Training: You'll need to incorporate strength training into your circuit program, too. Try to target every muscle group so it's a full body workout. For your upper body, you can try things like bicep curls, chest presses, pushups, tricep dips, and shoulder raises. For your lower body, consider exercises like lunges, squats and calf raises. Don't forget to include some abdominal work, too, with things like crunches and leg raises. If possible, utilize free weights, dumbbells or resistance bands to get the most from your exercises. But, again, choose weights based on your fitness level and individual ability.

Time or Repetitions: You'll need to decide on a time or repetition component for your circuit plan. Perhaps you want to limit your segments to three minute intervals (such as in the example above). In that case, you would switch to the next exercise after three minutes has elapsed. If you want to use repetitions in your circuit plan, you might choose twenty. So you do twenty pushups, twenty jumping jacks, and twenty stomach crunches.

In general, it's wise to include an equal amount of cardio and strength training in your circuit plan if you're hoping to do a full workout in 30 minutes. However, if you have some extra time, you may want your circuit training program to be composed of ONLY strength training workouts. Then, once you complete your circuit, you can go on to a cardio workout like walking or swimming.

Since circuit training programs are flexible, you can design them to meet your specific physical activity needs. A circuit training program can help you squeeze in a workout in just thirty minutes, add a little variety to your normal routine, and blast a few extra calories.