Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

stop bruising!?!

Hey fellas, sort of new to Olympic lifts and have only just started doing the second acceleration (bar hitting/brushing upper thighs and hip flexor)
    My legs are bruising up like crazy, there black and swollen at the moment wondering if there is anything you guys do to stop this from happening or prevent it, so I can keep oly lifting more often (addicted to them) or do I need to give it time and just condition my thighs?
    olympic lifter

[(strength x speed) = power]

C&j - 100kg (goal: 160kg)
    snatch - 70kg (goal: 120kg)

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Or you could learn how to snatch without beating the **** out of the bar...
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bluesy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by feces99 View Post
    Or you could learn how to snatch without beating the **** out of the bar...
    Then my form goes to sh!t without the second acceleration.
    olympic lifter

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What Feces is saying is that something is wrong with your pull if you're bruising the heck out of yourself. It usually means the bar is too far away from your body during the first pull. Post a vid and we can tell you what's going on.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    even when I smash the **** out the bar, it is not enough to bruise me. You shouldn't really be smashing the **** out of it though, as will it cause a swing
    Bryan

Captain of the Comeback Train

Comeback Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159651791

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/STRONGMANbarry/videos

tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tfk44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your power on the second pull should come from your legs and bringing your hips forward while standing up, not from whacking yourself with the bar and looping it overhead. If you're hitting the bar that hard, it's going to make your bar path a mess. Remember you want to be going straight up the entire time, rising through your chest.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sounds to me like the bar is way to far away from your body

The bar could be too far out, or I come in to Sharp with the bar when I hit my thigh. I'll try keeping the bar close to me next time I'm in the gym
    olympic lifter

bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bull.dogz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's because you are bringing your hips out to meet the bar instead of sweeping the bar in to your hips. When I sweep the bar in not only does it not hurt my hips but it doesn't bruise.
    CONTROLLED LABS - Winning the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: Laurie@controlledlabs.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeWittmer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Think of sliding the bar up your thighs and not banging the bar on the thighs. Video would help.

Alright, I saw a weightlifting coach yesterday and showed me how to better improve my technique, no bruising yet.
    Was exactly what you guy said
    olympic lifter

James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000) James_Byrne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bluesy View Post
    Alright, I saw a weightlifting coach yesterday and showed me how to better improve my technique, no bruising yet.
    Was exactly what you guy said
    which coach?

some people just bruise easy too... there was a girl at my old gym with great technique but she just bruised regardless.

Originally Posted by James_Byrne View Post
    which coach?

some people just bruise easy too... there was a girl at my old gym with great technique but she just bruised regardless.
    You live on northern beaches? I always have bruises on my legs from rugby and other random stuff, but the way iv been cleaning just completely screws up my legs
    Last edited by Bluesy; 05-29-2012 at 01:24 AM.
    olympic lifter