AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what do you think about this deal?

Body Solid squat rack, Body Solid adjustable bench(flat-military), olympic bar 45lb, 2 35lb plates, 2 25lb, 7 10lb, 3,5lb, 2 2.5lb. Also a rack for the weight. Curl bar and two dumbells with 8 10lb plates. $300 o.b.o

what would you offer?

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AZDevil09 View Post
    Body Solid squat rack, Body Solid adjustable bench(flat-military), olympic bar 45lb, 2 35lb plates, 2 25lb, 7 10lb, 3,5lb, 2 2.5lb. Also a rack for the weight. Curl bar and two dumbells with 8 10lb plates. $300 o.b.o

what would you offer?
    Do you have a pic?
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AZDevil09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just of the rack nothing else.

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    take it. FAST, before someone else does.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Offer whatever, but I think $300 is a good price. Have you priced out a new rack/bench/weights?

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    Offer whatever, but I think $300 is a good price. Have you priced out a new rack/bench/weights?
    Just used racks, and benches. I am not looking for new stuff, and I have weights and bars currently

Just used racks, and benches. I am not looking for new stuff, and I have weights and bars currently
    I see. So if you just want the rack alone, youd have to buy the package and resell the plates and bar for $100 and the bench for $50. Maybe dump the dbs and curl bar for $50 as a set. So you could get the rack for $100-150 if you work at it.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd buy it. The current Powerline sells for $300 and from what I've been told, that bodysolid model you're looking at is a little nicer.

Plus, unless you have a ton of plates.....its never bad to have a bunch of them too!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000)
    That is an absolute steal

buy it!

thanks guys,

I am going to look at it tonight with cash in hand. The plates and bars that he showed me pics of had some rust on them, and when asked about the rack he said it was in good shape but there where a couple "small" areas that the powder coat shipped away and had some rust. So we will see.

I do have one question thought, and I appologize if it is a no-brainer. There should be two poles that go through the rack correct. I know those are the "spotters" for the bar and just want to be sure that it is something that is standard on these racks and should expect to get them as well.

thanks

also, can the PL lat attachment be added to this rack if I decide to down the road?

Also, any advice on the sort of things I should look for when I go look at it tonight? Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by AZDevil09; 04-22-2009 at 03:05 PM.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Spotters yes....should have them.....and bar holders.

Don't know about the lat pd.....that's a bodysolid, not sure if they match. You could call BS, but I bet they don't know either!

I wouldn't worry about the rust. Definitely not on the plates and probably not on the rack.
    Its a steel cage...hard for much to be wrong with it. Look for obvious abuse, bent spotters, bends where there shouldn't be, modifications, and broken/missing parts. If its bolted tight check to see how sturdy it is, but that's gonna be a fairly weak test....they are what they are.

Good luck.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Thanks for all you input guys! I picked up this setup about and hour ago, ended up getting it all for $225!!

Next question, wife is already complaining that it is not "nice" enough looking. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on refinishing the rack short of getting it repowder coated? Anyone ever done anything that turned out nice?

Thanks again to everyone!

Thanks for all you input guys! I picked up this setup about and hour ago, ended up getting it all for $225!!

Next question, wife is already complaining that it is not "nice" enough looking. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on refinishing the rack short of getting it repowder coated? Anyone ever done anything that turned out nice?

Thanks again to everyone!

I stripped and painted a GHR that I turned around and sold to Animalfan. I wasn't happy with the outcome though, tbh. You can ask him, or he may comment later, about how its holding up. I never used it. I painted at times when it was too cold and I used a textured paint, which looked cool, but had clumping issues and seemed like it would be hard to clean.

Animalfan had a paint suggested to him that was very hard when it dried and sounded like it might be an alright product, but I don't know anything about it. I think it was called por15 or something like that.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I stripped and painted a GHR that I turned around and sold to Animalfan. I wasn't happy with the outcome though, tbh. You can ask him, or he may comment later, about how its holding up. I never used it. I painted at times when it was too cold and I used a textured paint, which looked cool, but had clumping issues and seemed like it would be hard to clean.

Animalfan had a paint suggested to him that was very hard when it dried and sounded like it might be an alright product, but I don't know anything about it. I think it was called por15 or something like that.
    yea, the paint is holding up, but i'm not sure if i like it. i may repaint it this summer.

the paint is called por15, it is used for car frames and stuff. you can get it at auto paint stores, not sure if parts places like autozone sell it. it dries hard, you can't really chip it with a hammer. you can also paint over rust and other paint and it fills out nice. i got silver, i think you can get silver, gray, gloss black and flat black. it's kinda expensive, but should be the best paint for gym equipment. unless you wanna pay for powdercoating, which is alot more expensive.

i haven't painted my equipment with it yet, but have painted with it/seen finished parts. it looks nice, and has held up on my uncle's car trailer for almost 2 years.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()