Closed Thread
Page 13 of 318 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is probably a stupid question but i need to know. (Haven't played any other Diablo's)

When you hit max level and you want to farm the bosses for gear, does the system work similar to WoW? As in you go in, kill everything, leave, come back in a day or two and redo it?

Or does it work a different way?

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Shaneomac0 View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but i need to know. (Haven't played any other Diablo's)

When you hit max level and you want to farm the bosses for gear, does the system work similar to WoW? As in you go in, kill everything, leave, come back in a day or two and redo it?

unless they changed it for diablo 3 no, in previous games you would create a game/room, go in and kill the boss, exit and repeat. Although items were much rarer and harder to get than in WoW so it often took hundreds of runs to get something specific

Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Shaneomac0 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    unless they changed it for diablo 3 no, in previous games you would create a game/room, go in and kill the boss, exit and repeat. Although items were much rarer and harder to get than in WoW so it often took hundreds of runs to get something specific
    Exactly what i wanted to hear, thanks brah

Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Shaneomac0 View Post

you mean the respawn? If they go by how it was in D1, once a boss is killed in the realm while you are inside the particular realm+dungeon, it is killed forever; you would have to change realms/groups to a new realm and then join the dungeon, or press "reset dungeon" on the upper left like in d1(if i remember correctly).

I believe for bosses who drop tier gear, or tokens(i dont know if its going to be either tokens or just raw tier gear, probably tokens to buy the tier gear so they can suck all they can out of this game), they will renew it daily if it is according to tokens, if it is not tokens, it will probably be daily, as well, Diablo dungeons are unusually long, for solo'ing, it will have to be a group effort.

Get a group+everyone is competent+stay the remainder of the dungeon till the boss+strategy discussed+ego/jenkins set aside+everyone with ventrilo/mic...there is alot of factors with raiding, as a recovering nerd aka hardcore raider in WoW, just getting a competent group is the make/break of a raid.

I just hope it is solo-able, as much as i would like to raid with you brahs, i just am a greedy fuk with teh lootz, lolz.

Originally Posted by Njfinest View Post
    you mean the respawn? If they go by how it was in D1, once a boss is killed in the realm while you are inside the particular realm+dungeon, it is killed forever; you would have to change realms/groups to a new realm and then join the dungeon, or press "reset dungeon" on the upper left like in d1(if i remember correctly).

I believe for bosses who drop tier gear, or tokens(i dont know if its going to be either tokens or just raw tier gear, probably tokens to buy the tier gear so they can suck all they can out of this game), they will renew it daily if it is according to tokens, if it is not tokens, it will probably be daily, as well, Diablo dungeons are unusually long, for solo'ing, it will have to be a group effort.

Get a group+everyone is competent+stay the remainder of the dungeon till the boss+strategy discussed+ego/jenkins set aside+everyone with ventrilo/mic...there is alot of factors with raiding, as a recovering nerd aka hardcore raider in WoW, just getting a competent group is the make/break of a raid.

I just hope it is solo-able, as much as i would like to raid with you brahs, i just am a greedy fuk with teh lootz, lolz.
    yeah i'm the same brah, if something is able to be solo'd, i'll always take that route than grouping up with useless kents.

Thanks!

sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sarodr44 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Njfinest View Post

Everybody gets their own loot. If a boss is killed, you will see a different drop of items than what the other party members see. There is no shared loot.
    ㄹ Korea Krew ㄹ
    ☆ Lone Star ✪

Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000) Njfinest is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sarodr44 View Post
    Everybody gets their own loot. If a boss is killed, you will see a different drop of items than what the other party members see. There is no shared loot.

I see, makes sense.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LiftHeavy85 View Post
    rarer yes, but not harder to get, since you could solo it, or run with randoms
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000) IllPhill is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sarodr44 View Post
    This is such a nice change. When I was playing the beta I was getting confused as fuark at why everyone was letting me get all the gold lol.

Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Iczer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IllPhill View Post
    This is such a nice change. When I was playing the beta I was getting confused as fuark at why everyone was letting me get all the gold lol.
    lol I played with my friend and never went in to grab loot instantly b/c i didnt want to seem like a douche, then asked him later why he never picked stuff up. lulz
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kansas City Chiefs
    Kansas City Royals
    Kansas Jayhawks
    LeBron James

anonymous
    Some misconceptions here.
    They`ve changed the farming in D3 from how it was in D2. In D2 you killed a boss, got the loot, exited the game, join a new game, repeat.
    In D3, the first time you kill a boss it drops good loot. If you use that char to kill that boss again the loot will be significantly worse. They did this to eliminate the cycle above.

Instead the farming comes from killing champion mobs that are randomly placed throughout the game. I believe they drop stuff on par with what you get the first time you kill a boss. This makes it so people have to explore rather than do boss runs all day.

Theres also a new buff thats still in development. If you kill a champion mob you gain a buff which gives extra item drops if you then kill a boss. This buff goes away if you change skills or leave the game.

HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by onetime1111 View Post
    They`ve changed the farming in D3 from how it was in D2. In D2 you killed a boss, got the loot, exited the game, join a new game, repeat.
    In D3, the first time you kill a boss it drops good loot. If you use that char to kill that boss again the loot will be significantly worse. They did this to eliminate the cycle above.

Instead the farming comes from killing champion mobs that are randomly placed throughout the game. I believe they drop stuff on par with what you get the first time you kill a boss. This makes it so people have to explore rather than do boss runs all day.

Theres also a new buff thats still in development. If you kill a champion mob you gain a buff which gives extra item drops if you then kill a boss. This buff goes away if you change skills or leave the game.
    ^yea that last part is key for encouraging you to play thru the game while farming, rather than creating 100 games to kill 1 boss over and over.

You kill a unique/rare monster, and now you have a bonus buff. so if you leave the game, you lose that. you're better off continuing to hunt and farm items in the currrent game, until you've gone everywhere good.

more time in game, less time in the lobby creating games for 2 minutes at a time. sounds good to me

Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by onetime1111 View Post

This is actually a very good development. Reps for links to where Blizzard said this.
    My Saltwater Reef Aquarium website: www.Reeftology.com
    My Scotch Blog: http://simplyscotches.blogspot.com/

^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^
    misc zombie survival squad: Bravo squad member.
    Super Dinosaur Crew
    -=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=-
    - Misc Bet Crew -

Gamertag: Court3syFIusher

Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Crease1234 View Post
    This is actually a very good development. Reps for links to where Blizzard said this.
    Here's the official explanation. In my opinion, it's one of the best things to happen to D3, sounds like a really good system that encourages staying out in the world and killing a variety of different monsters, instead of just farming the same boss over and over again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476#1

Nephalem Valor Buff

We’re working hard on balancing and testing Diablo III, and one of the major components is making sure that the end game experience is fun and exciting. We’d like to share a few of our goals for end game:
    • We have an enormous number of skill build combinations, and we want a lot of those skill builds to be viable and interesting
    • While there are millions of skill builds available to players, we don’t want players swapping skills regularly to beat specific encounters as they come up
    • We don’t want repeatedly running specific three-minute chunks of the game to be the most efficient way to acquire gear for your character
    • While a three-minute run shouldn’t be the most efficient, we also don’t want you to feel like it’s a two-hour commitment every time you sit down to play
      Bosses should still feel worth killing

Nephalem Valor is one of the major new systems in Diablo III and it kicks in at level 60. Keep in mind that this is still in testing and we’re still working out the details. Here’s how it currently works internally: Rare and Champion packs already have great loot on them. By killing a Rare or Champion pack, not only do you get their loot, but you’ll also receive a buff granting you increased magic find and gold find. However, if you change a skill, skill rune, passive, or leave the game, the buff disappears. As an extra reward, if you kill a boss while this buff is active, you’ll receive extra loot drops from that boss.

The exact amount of magic find and gold find provided by the buff is still being reviewed, as is the amount of extra loot you get from a boss while the buff is active. We’re also playing around with whether or not the buff stacks, what the duration should be, and whether or not it should persist through death. We want to make sure the buff is strong enough to make staying in your current game more rewarding than creating a new game. At the same time, if the buff is too strong, it risks making shorter play sessions feel not worthwhile.

We expect this system will encourage players to stick with a skill build of their choice, select an area of the game they enjoy, and sweep it for rare and champion packs on their way to a boss, finishing off a run with a boss that’ll be worth killing. If you wanted a shorter play session you could be done at that point, but if you have more time, the path of least resistance would ideally be to stay in the same game and make your way towards the next boss.

Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Shoesfly View Post
    Here's the official explanation. In my opinion, it's one of the best things to happen to D3, sounds like a really good system that encourages staying out in the world and killing a variety of different monsters, instead of just farming the same boss over and over again.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4241234476#1
    So it only kicks in at level 60?
    My Saltwater Reef Aquarium website: www.Reeftology.com
    My Scotch Blog: http://simplyscotches.blogspot.com/

^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^
    misc zombie survival squad: Bravo squad member.
    Super Dinosaur Crew
    -=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=-
    - Misc Bet Crew -

Gamertag: Court3syFIusher

JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fuuuuuuuark cant wait, thinking of rolling barb since i love them or demon hunter
    ***PMC - Where Amazing Happens***
    #MMFC

Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000) Shoesfly is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Crease1234 View Post
    So it only kicks in at level 60?
    Yep

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...4476?page=2#37

Posted by Clockwork
    Does "kicks in at level 60" imply inferno only?

No, it kicks in at 60. Once you hit 60 you have access to this buff regardless of difficulty. You can use it and go back to Hell to help you gear up for Inferno, absolutely.

aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000) aRCaNEbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    about to preorder

definitely going wizard

why yes, i am a wizard

HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000) HollywoodBody is a name known to all. (+5000)

Hardcore!..

After a little while of getting to know the game.. (or a long while), any brahs wanna play Hardcore with me?

I figure it's A ) more fun/exciting
    and B) Blizzard said they won't have the Real Money Auction House for hardcore. Which means the items you find will actually be valuable and in-game and some kid can't just buy 10 of them with his dad's credit card..

btw.. anybody who thinks they're actually going to be make significant money from the RMAH is in for a rude awakening . brb blizzard and paypal taking like 40% of each transaction in fees. Brb play all day and find 1 item worth 6 dollars. Could have just mowed your neighbors lawn for 20 bucks if you want to make money.

I'd much rather play without it
    Last edited by HollywoodBody; 03-30-2012 at 03:49 PM.

reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by HollywoodBody View Post
    After a little while of getting to know the game.. (or a long while), any brahs wanna play Hardcore with me?

and B) Blizzard said they won't have the Real Money Auction House for hardcore. Which means the items you find will actually be valuable and in-game and some kid can't just buy 10 of them with his dad's credit card..

btw.. anybody who thinks they're actually going to be make significant money from the RMAH is in for a rude awakening . brb blizzard and paypal taking like 40% of each transaction in fees. Brb play all day and find 1 item worth 6 dollars. Could have just mowed your neighbors lawn for 20 bucks if you want to make money.

How does rmah lower the value of an item?
    I grape back ...Please put in comment "Grapes back....Hnnnnnnngggg"

Ron Paul 2012

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I, for one, can't wait until my life is utterly destroyed by Diablo 3.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

As much as people bitch and moan about RMAH, it's there to stay, and it makes perfect sense.

Clearly there is a demand for purchasing in-game items with real money visa vi all the gold farmers of WoW and item sellers of D2. And incidentally most people who get their accounts hacked are because of these websites, getting scripts and phishing emails when they purchase in-game items.

So Blizzard can now offer people a service that they want, in a completely secure environment, cutting the legs out from all these shady places and bring in a big chunk of revenue as well.

I mean SOMEBODY is going to be making money from selling the virtual items. I much prefer it to be actually players and Blizzard rather than shady gold farmers over in China.

I do understand the RMAH "diminishing" the accomplishment of someone getting some really sweet set of gear together. But in the end what does that mean? Really it means that dude spent like 50 hours a week playing Diablo. Are ya really going to be that upset that all of your time poured into a video game is "less cool" now because people can buy items with money through an in-game system? If so... you should probably re-evaluate your priorities. For me I'm going to play because it's fun as fek, not because I get a kick out of "in-game status."

It'd probably be a good idea if Blizzard implemented some sort of title or achievement however for never using RMAH.
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

Originally Posted by reeses007 View Post
    it doesn't. it just relates it to the real world in value. as in a dollar value. which i'd rather not deal with. like i said, if i want to make money, i'd stay late at work and earn an extra 100 bucks of commissions or something. not play d3

Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    As much as people bitch and moan about RMAH, it's there to stay, and it makes perfect sense.

Clearly there is a demand for purchasing in-game items with real money visa vi all the gold farmers of WoW and item sellers of D2. And incidentally most people who get their accounts hacked are because of these websites, getting scripts and phishing emails when they purchase in-game items.

So Blizzard can now offer people a service that they want, in a completely secure environment, cutting the legs out from all these shady places and bring in a big chunk of revenue as well.

I mean SOMEBODY is going to be making money from selling the virtual items. I much prefer it to be actually players and Blizzard rather than shady gold farmers over in China.

I do understand the RMAH "diminishing" the accomplishment of someone getting some really sweet set of gear together. But in the end what does that mean? Really it means that dude spent like 50 hours a week playing Diablo. Are ya really going to be that upset that all of your time poured into a video game is "less cool" now because people can buy items with money through an in-game system? If so... you should probably re-evaluate your priorities. For me I'm going to play because it's fun as fek, not because I get a kick out of "in-game status."

It'd probably be a good idea if Blizzard implemented some sort of title or achievement however for never using RMAH.
    Yeah i get what you're saying. it's smart of them to set it up. somebody would have been selling items, it might as well be done through them.

Anyway, i'll still play hardcore. i shouldn't have made my post mostly about RMAH.

I played hardcore in d2, and it was fun as fuk. it made it awesome to be like level 50 lol. you found gear that wasn't great in regular, but in hardcore it was good stuff. Made it challenging/exciting again. I think it's always fun to switch over to a setting where items have more value and are more rare. which will obviously be the case in Hardcore.

I played years of diablo 2 without going hardcore. then i went over, and couldn't give 2 fuks about the regular version lol. It was like a joke once you went to hard core. just seemed pointless to play and get items/accomplishments in softcore once you tried hardcore

i prolly sound like a huge ******* nerd. i haven't really played video games since d2. i just remember it was fun

mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shoesfly View Post

Anyone else into legit dueling in the pre-enigma patch .08 and .09 days?
    Sorc user here as well.

I miss those days (Legit 4v4 .09 clan duels).. brb 08 valor with max block ss orb/ts sorc.

.08/.09 days were BY FAR superior to 1.10+

bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000) bronze34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by reeses007 View Post
    imagine the same unique getting farmed/sold/bought over and over and put on rmah, it multiplies, the more the people put it on rmah the lesser the value it gets because the more people keeps farming/buying/selling it

there would be multiple instances of this scenario but they'll all end in the same result regardless of how long it takes for each of them to happen

Originally Posted by mtpktz View Post
    Sorc user here as well.

I miss those days (Legit 4v4 .09 clan duels).. brb 08 valor with max block ss orb/ts sorc.

.08/.09 days were BY FAR superior to 1.10+

Some of the most fun I've ever had in a videogame.

I remember .08 valor, was so fkin good. Almost impossible to get a non duped one, and you had to sell your soul to get it. And had to give up the 105 FCR breakpoint feelsbadman.jpg

behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) behrmode is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

a few of us in the d3 misc guild thread are going HC
    BT: Kyle#11724

Never Getting Married Crew

*SoClose*

♥ RAINBOW ZUMBA♥

nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000)
    I definitely think I'll be rolling HC once I unlock it. Glad they kept that feature in.

Originally Posted by behrmode View Post
    a few of us in the d3 misc guild thread are going HC
    Originally Posted by nferrier View Post
    I definitely think I'll be rolling HC once I unlock it. Glad they kept that feature in.
    good! see you guys there.

I might not go for it as soon as I unlock it. Probably will play through and experiment with regular version. Since I figure most of my friends won't play hardcore, i'll play thru with friends the first time. But as soon as that gets old/stale, I'm going over to hardcore and never looking back.

lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lod254 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll be playing at least once through on softcore. I fear not knowing whats ahead with HC, especially if they have somethign dumb like the fire exploding dolls or iron maiden waiting for me in insanity.
    ~Barefooters Crew~
    -oooO-----------
    -(__)-----Oooo--
    --\-(------(__)--
    ---\_)-----)-/---
    ----------(_/----
    -----------------

PSN: zGooch

1k+

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 318 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast