TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb 16 Years old, no idea what to do

So i'm 16, fat and want to change (check pics) I weigh 73kg give or take a few kg (about 161 pounds) and i'm approx 170cm tall (5"7). I don't know what i'm suppose to do, I want to lose bodyfat but I feel like i'm going be skinny fat because I have pretty much no muscles.. I'm a complete beginner to lifting and haven't started gym (starting very soon). Not sure if I bulk/cut or what, i've cleaned up my diet tremendously the past few months; No soft drink in almost a year, no junk food (chips, candy etc) my daily diet is something like this

breakfast - oatmeal
    Lunch - brown rice with tuna + veggies
    snack - spoon of peanut butter
    dinner - brown rice with either steak, turkey breast, chicken breast or tuna + veggies
    snack - spoon of peanut butter or a handful or almonds
    while drinking over 3L of water throughout the day

I haven't started lifting yet because I have no idea where to start, and I don't want to mess up somehow, was wondering if anyone could let me know what i'm suppose to do, diet wise and workout wise. Like do I cut or bulk or what? so lost really need help
    Thanks in advance.
    **also sorry for poor quality pics, used laptop camera**
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TimeForChangee; 09-29-2014 at 08:44 AM.

TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10) TimeForChangee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

kickboxeur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can't mess up if you choose ICF 5x5 routine and on rest days do some abs routine. About diet, im not expert at that but just eat less than you used to eat before.

6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50) 6ScrewCrew will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cut down in weight?

Where to start? Calculate your TDEE (google it)
    Then eat less then that.

I'm telling you right now you wont be able to follow that meal plan. As wonderful as it is, you are 16 man. But if you can- Props to you.

Eat less. Exercise more.

For a workout program Just hop on a beginners program such as babylovers of icf 5x5
    Shoulder Surgeries Suck.

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it; any more insight would also be appreciated

bump

QuantumVii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) QuantumVii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do research on calorie/macros and start tracking. With that knowledge you'll gain I'd suggest IIFYM. Find a nice beginner routine and go lift. End your workout with cardio preferably HIIT.

Originally Posted by QuantumVii View Post
    Do research on calorie/macros and start tracking. With that knowledge you'll gain I'd suggest IIFYM. Find a nice beginner routine and go lift. End your workout with cardio preferably HIIT.
    Is swimming ok for HIIT? I want to start doing swimming a few times a week, with gym hopefully.

fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500) fsujoseph is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'll tell you some things I wish I knew when I started lifting

1. Don't be intimidated by the gym. Nobody cares, hell I respect the kid who can only bench the bar, because at least he's trying y'know
    2. I would start off with Starting Strength, stickied in this forum. It introduces you to the compound lifts that are essential to every bodybuilder. Make sure you read the whole thing, and make sure you have perfect form. You will really hurt yourself later in life if you don't have good form.
    3. Don't worry about cutting or bulking. Overthinking keeps newbs out of the gym. The most important thing you can do is get in their and lift some damn weights! Diet becomes more important later on

Also, you don't have to do cardio
    Last edited by fsujoseph; 09-29-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    *Florida State crew*

**Ethering Kings Crew**

Originally Posted by fsujoseph View Post
    I'll tell you some things I wish I knew when I started lifting

1. Don't be intimidated by the gym. Nobody cares, hell I respect the kid who can only bench the bar, because at least he's trying y'know
    2. I would start off with Starting Strength, stickied in this forum. It introduces you to the compound lifts that are essential to every bodybuilder. Make sure you read the whole thing, and make sure you have perfect form. You will really hurt yourself later in life if you don't have good form.
    3. Don't worry about cutting or bulking. Overthinking keeps newbs out of the gym. The most important thing you can do is get in their and lift some damn weights! Diet becomes more important later on
    Thanks alot man, really appreciate it,yeah i've been over thinking a lot which is why it has taken me so long to start gym..

SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpiiralOut is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strong inexperienced lifters giving advice to inexperienced lifters.

Seriously just follow a beginner's routine like starting strength and that's it. If you're eating a lot of junk food, start eating real food. Eat until you're full but don't overdo it. At my size I'm still gaining muscle and losing fat at the "same" time, so don't worry about bulking or cutting. Srsly starting to wonder if it's ever necessary.

I put qoutes on same because it's technically not possible, but if you lost fat and gained more muscle in the same month, in effect they happened at the same time. Your body will recompisition itself. Don't overthink it. Just lift and eat clean, eventually you'll see the results you desire. Don't worry about controlling your calories for a long time.
    Striving for aesthetics. Failure is NOT an option. It is only a matter of time.

-women assuring me I am aesthetic
    -get called ripped or muscular regularly
    -LOL@ average person's standards for ripped
    -I made it brahs

*negging FA phegs on sight crew*

*repping FA's that quit bitching, step out of their comfort zone, and DO SOMETHING crew*

Dat Bish Getting MASS AusBrahette's Avatar
    AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000) AusBrahette is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TimeForChangee View Post
    So i'm 16, fat and want to change (check pics) I weigh 73kg give or take a few kg (about 161 pounds) and i'm approx 170cm tall (5"7). I don't know what i'm suppose to do, I want to lose bodyfat but I feel like i'm going be skinny fat because I have pretty much no muscles.. I'm a complete beginner to lifting and haven't started gym (starting very soon). Not sure if I bulk/cut or what, i've cleaned up my diet tremendously the past few months; No soft drink in almost a year, no junk food (chips, candy etc) my daily diet is something like this

breakfast - oatmeal
    dinner - brown rice with either steak, turkey breast, chicken breast or tuna + veggies

I haven't started lifting yet because I have no idea where to start, and I don't want to mess up somehow, was wondering if anyone could let me know what i'm suppose to do, diet wise and workout wise. Like do I cut or bulk or what? so lost really need help
    Thanks in advance.
    Your diet isn't a major problem, you're still growing so I would say that there would be times you would actually need to eat more once you begin lifting.

That being said I don't know what your portion sizes are like and if they're ridiculous you could hit a speed hump there.

Don't over think it, just start lifting and doing rep work to build a base. You're so young you will still be able to make gains very easily by adding muscle and burning fat.

Remember it takes time so just begin and I would recommend an easy to follow program with lots of compound lifts in it.

Try either 5x5 strength training or 5/3/1 It might be helpful if you watched a video trainer to get correct form as well (maybe do the Kris Gethin trainer).

Just remember you need to keep at it, it will take time but we worth it.
    My physique is a by-product of strength training goals, not a goal for my strength training. Insta: @ironpowerfemme

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You made one of the best decisions of your life by getting into the iron, Best of luck man!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TimeForChangee View Post

breakfast - oatmeal

Thanks in advance.
    It still blows my mind that people don't know what calories are, or even how to provide basic measurements of their food.