Danielle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation need feedback: what to do after a binge

I’m well aware that binge eating isn’t a very good habit. But, under the circumstances I did it to keep my sanity. I would have rather opted to do “retail therapy” but money is a bit tight and binging was cheaper (moneywise). I have never binged this bad, then again I’ve never felt this way before either. Anyways, I know I need to get on track before I get too fargone and end up making matters worst than they already are. I feel that I need to detoxify somehow. I’m thinking about fasting for about 3 days, drinking water and eating chicken broth. And, then starting back on my diet. Or, does anyone know any better ways to do it, if so please tell me. I really need feedback on this...

Thanks,
    Danielle

freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10) freaker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A good way to clear out your system would be to drink nothing but diluted fruit juice for a day or two. This is actually a pretty standard practice that some yogis use. It will give your digestive system a break while keeping your metabolism up and giving you plenty of vitamins.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You might be better off not fasting, which may lead to another binge. Better to start on good nutrition, balanced meals and regular exercise. Write down a plan of exactly what you plan to do and check it off as you go along.
    MsFit

freaker and ms fit,
    thanks for the advice much appreciated.

freaker, I noticed that your from tampa, I just moved here 'bout 3 months ago and still haven't found a supplement store - do you have any recommendation besides?

Ms Fit,
    I'm planning on doing cardio 2x a day 30 mins each time sound, is that suffice?

Thanks again,
    Danielle

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ms Fit is correct that you should not do any type of fasting. Your metabolism will slow down to keep you from starving....that is just part of the body's survival mechanism.
    So eat small nutritious meals frequently and drink alot of water.

Binge eating has nothing to do with being hungry. It is because of stress or boredom, or some other psych issue.
    When you want to binge....try to do something else besides eat.
    Run a mile or two....challenge yourself to beat your best times,
    go for a drive, go for a walk on the beach....do anything to get you thru the moment.

The more times you get past the urge to binge, the easier it will become.

Good luck
    Trish

Trish B,
    Thanks for the encouragement. Usually, I can get through the binge. When I put my mind to it, I have very good will power. I can usually pass my favorite cheat food without thinking twice about it. Right now, my life isn't how I want it and theres a lot on my plate...I can handle a couple things going wrong but more than a plateful is what gets me. Doesn't help any that I just moved to where I am and nothing is familiar. I could go on but I'd rather not turn this board into a rant about how my life sucks at the moment. Everything happens for a reason, I know that and I know I will get through this. And, going to the gym will help. I get my best work outs when I'm in a mindset like this. Well, I take that back my life doesn't completely suck just some aspects. I love my gym and the people there.

Thanks,
    ~Danielle~

TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000) TrishB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Danielle...

We all have times when life justs sucks real bad.....and we all deal with it differently. It sounds like you will do just fine though.
    And if you want to use this board to rant...if it helps get you thru some bad times, then go right ahead. There are alot of great, supportive people here.

And I am glad you found the gym there! I think that is the best place to get away from "life" for awhile.

Trish

Trish,
    Only if everyone understood the concept of how everyone deals with situations differently. Unfortunately, its not as simple as that because some people are stuck in their own world and think that everyone should handle situations exactly like them. Yeah, I've run into a couple of those. Its like hitting a brick wall to try to have them see where you are coming from. My life is definetly not what I had expected it to be. Then, again I never saw what was coming. About 3 months, ago I moved here (Tampa) from St.Louis for school. First, of all that was a very big change in itself. And, well I'm not a real big fan of drastic change like I've experienced. Change isn't bad in itself but too much in too little time thats a bit much to handle. Especially, when most of it is bad change. Everything that possibly could go wrong went wrong and I thought that I couldn't be any worst off than I was then, ha. Now, if life had a rewind button. I wish. But, that'd be too easy. Plus, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and wiser. Like no pain, no gain. And, everything happens for a reason. Nothing just happens for no reason at all. Its has a purpose, seen or unseen. I'm torn. I really want to stick it out here but I know that its not the best environment for me and I really don't want to end up at the bottom of a black hole again. I've stuck it out as much as I can here. I should've never moved away from home in the first place.... The best thing I can do now is move back home. I'm in need of family for moral support..and I can have more opportunities to do things with my life careerwise.... Well, I could go on forever but th gym is calling me! Cardio! And, lots of it...I should've never binged but it helped in a way at the time...now, I regret it but regret gets me no where but down. Anyways, thanks for letting me rant, its helped. I love cardio but I hate sweating that much and then getting into an oven of a car....I've been in enough sauna's....can't get away from the heat except in the car and air conditioned store. I live in a sauna, some little kids think that its funny to play with the ac unit outside and turn it off every so often and it gets really hot in here, 85 degrees. A couple of times it been up to 100 degrees in here but that was when the ac wasn't functioning properly but does it ever? Ick, I want a walk in freezer...that'd be great...

Thanks again,
    ~Danielle~

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Danielle,
    I think most women here can understand your situation. I was anorexic before I discovered bodybuilding. I was whittling away, got down to 90lbs, isn't too bad, but it was caught before it got worse. I always knew I had anorexic, but admitting it was hard. My motivation was my parents finding out, then they wanted to commit me to an institution. That's when I joined a gym, to put put weight on the right way. I started from scratch. I had to learn how to work out, learn how to eat, learn how to rest. It won't all happen at once, just a little work each day and making progress. ~And the best part of all Danielle; you're human, you will make mistakes. All you can do from there is get right back on that horse and move on.

I recently went through a very negative time too, I'm just now regrouping. I must have had 10 negative things happen in a row. I know how hard life can get, but you are right, everything happens for a reason. I'm building a new life and although I'm starting over, I'm very happy now. All I can say about that is to look forward, look for a postive. No looking back.

The binges are not your fault, it's a result of an imbalance in the body. I wrote an article. I'll see if I can dig it up for you.
    MsFit

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit1.htm

I don't know if this will help, but it may provide a better understanding. Good Luck...
    MsFit

Ms Fit,
    That article did help a lot - it put a lot of things in perspective. I've been eating healthy but not enough....now that I know what that does, I'm gonna eat more of the right stuff. Thanks for everything, I cannot tell you how much I deeply appreciate your support and input.

Danielle

glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) glorianfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I definitly agree with MsFit, you really dont need to fast.
    You need to keep your body well fed with the right types of foods.
    I eat 4-6 times a day, and whenever I eat something bad like 2 donuts or so, I always feel SO AWFUL!
    So you would feel even worse after fasting for 3 days, because you would be more apt to binge again.
    If you eat several "small" meals a day. And eat good nutritious food. You won't feel hungry. You'll feel satisfied. And you're definitly less likely to binge.

LIL-ONE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey dont be so hard on yourself...no one is perfect and we all deserve to give ourselves a break sometimes. binge eating isnt the healthiest way to go about dealing with stress however compared to other ways it is safer...we'd rather you eat more then go out raging and do something silly in the heat of the moment(not saying that you would but just in general) we all have different ways of coping with problems in life, some better then others. binge eating is not good but we'r all aloud to cheat sometimes. and a good thing about cheating sometimes...you dont want your body to get stuck in one mode...if you eat the same thing all the time your body will get very used to digesting that food at the same rate....shock your body everyonce in a while and your metabolism will speed up because it knows it might have to work a little harder at this "new,not so healthy, binge food". as for the cardio question..how many days a week do you do cardio? do you have a weight lifting routine? and what is your goal?