Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Sockomalo
    so you say to take bcaa pre/during/post workout well i add 15g of bcaa + 4g leucine in 1 litre of water + crystal light and i drink it before and during my workout, along with water from the fountain, and i time the mix so im finishing it off when im finishing my workout, and then i drink my protein shake about 10-15 mins after... how does that sound?
    Nutrient Timing Summary:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=186

Nutrient Timing Logic:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=190
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...3&postcount=34
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    so pure, do bcaa supplements have protein in them? thats my understanding from reading in this thread. anyone know any numbers? like how many grams of protein in 20grams BCAA
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    so pure, do bcaa supplements have protein in them? thats my understanding from reading in this thread. anyone know any numbers? like how many grams of protein in 20grams BCAA
    The free form aminos technically are not considered a protein.. no.
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    ^^ A LOT of people dont realize this. It takes ~50 amino acids peptide bonded to be considered a protein.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    ok cool, thanks for the heads-up. i haven't been counting them as protein, i woulda just considered it an extra
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

how does xtend have protein than, if more than just bcaa's are needed to make protein?

im confused

Calories 40
    Calories From Fat 0
    Total Fat 0 g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
    Cholesterol <0 mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrates 0 g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 10 g 20%

how does xtend have protein than, if more than just bcaa's are needed to make protein?

im confused

Calories 40
    Calories From Fat 0
    Total Fat 0 g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
    Cholesterol <0 mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrates 0 g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 10 g 20%
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=426

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...&postcount=430
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

so does that mean xtend doesnt really have any protein

and thanks for the quick reply

Training Pig has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is Optimum Nutrition Superior Amino 2222 any good? sorry for cutting into the thread, just that I have not heard anyone talking about it.
    =====================
    When my body cries enough
    My mind shouts NEVER!
    =====================

Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Zachattack43 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Training Pig
    is Optimum Nutrition Superior Amino 2222 any good? sorry for cutting into the thread, just that I have not heard anyone talking about it.
    not worth the price, look into xtend by scivation
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

johnny1979 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Lok7y View Post
    The only real downside to BCAA intake is that extremely high levels will cause a.) niacin depletion and b.) will diminish neurotransmitter synthesis slightly in the brain, although this is only when you get up to absurd BCAA doses, but you could converesely make the same argument (indirectly) about excessive whole protein consumption as well.
    Excessive protein consumption doesn't produce niacin deficiency, it's the opposite, dietary lack of protein which causes it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellagra
    Pellagra is a vitamin deficiency disease caused by dietary lack of niacin (B3) and protein, especially proteins containing the essential amino acid tryptophan.[1]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16207585
    Pellagra is a systemic disturbance caused by a cellular deficiency of niacin, resulting from inadequate dietary nicotinic acid and/or its precursors, the essential amino-acid tryptophan. In Europe and North America cases of pellagra are rarely encountered, but in some developing countries this disease is frequent, and is the most frequent clinical feature of nutritional deficiency of adult. The principal causes of pellagra are: nutritional niacin deficiency; chronic alcoholism; gastro-intestinal malabsorption; some medications (5-fluoro-uracil, isoniazid, pyrazinamide ehtionamide, 6-mercaptopurine, hydantoins, phenobarbital and chloramphenicol).

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by johnny1979 View Post
    Excessive protein consumption doesn't produce niacin deficiency, it's the opposite, dietary lack of protein which causes it.

You just replied to a 3 year old post

But good info.
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ianfkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skigazzi View Post
    You just replied to a 3 year old post

But good info.
    Digging up an old one again, but I am just wondering if there has been any further developments on the concept of taking bulk Leucine alone over a 2:1:1 with valine and isoleucine? Layne seemed to be very keen on the idea of Leucine supplementation, however he also qualified his postings on mTor by saying
    "Whether or not it is of benefit for athletes and bodybuilders to supplement with additional leucine on top of a high protein diet to further increase muscle mass in the long term has yet to be determined however." Wondering about further developments.

Also I'm wondering about absorption timing again. I have read the entire 9 pages of this thread and one of the more interesting things to me is the concept that free form aminos can be absorbed and utilized within 15 min, whereas the aminos in the whey we take upon rising/PWO aren't biologically available until about 30 minutes after consumption.

My question is, does taking BCAA powder (~5GM seems to be the consensus dose w up to 25GM daily) in your morning/PWO shake affect the rate of absorption for the free form aminos in the BCAA powder, i.e. slow digestion?

It's reminiscent of the topic of mixing whey and casein; some fall on the side of casein slowing the PWO absorption of whey and thus being bad PWO, whereas others promote the idea of casein being beneficial for synergistic insulogenic (sp?) effects and promoting a positive nitrogen balance longer term. Thoughts on either of these subjects?

Please bear in mind these are my extremely simplistic understandings of these topics derived mainly from a layman's perception of what the mighty and knowing Alan Aragon has shared with us... so if I'm off base, then just blame him ;-)

As a final note, I have been using CL Purple Wraath for sometime now and I like its effects however, I am wondering about the addition of BCAA's in addition to this EAA/BCAA blend. According to the label, one dose provides about 7GM of EAAs. I mix this in a 32oz bottle and I usually consume 10% pre wo, 80% intra and 20% post followed by my PWO .25g/TBW protein .5g/TBW CHO (whey & oats)

I am thinking that a 5GM shot of BCAA's with my initial Wraath pre-workout chug, 5GM BCAA's mixed in with the bottle of Wraath intra-wo and then 5GM PWO w/ the last bit of Purple Wraath just before I chug my PWO shake.

When also adding in my 5GM pre and post morning cardio BCAA doses, this would seem to follow the "megadosing" guidelines of 25GM a day and would also seem to play it safe in regards to not slowing absorption down. Or, are BCAA's better absorbed w/ food/liquid like a protein shake? So even if the shake slowed something down, would they still be better absorbed by the system?

Anyway, just looking for some advice as to whether this regimen would be effective or redundant (waste of $$), or if I am just plain missing something.

Thanks!

Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mboymaxi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
    For example a 220 pound athlete with 10% bodyfat would be carrying 22 pounds of fat mass, so this athlete's LBM calculates out to 198 pounds.
    You're forgetting to deduct bone mass.

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mboymaxi View Post
    You're forgetting to deduct bone mass.
    Strong everything
    50% of my posts are 100% factual