Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 2731
    mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Warmup on the treadmill.

15 minutes, walking on incline, side stepping, walking backward, just trying to get loose.
    10 minutes slow stretching, seeing how my back feels
    5 minutes easy rowing on the rower

20 minutes on stationary bike - did intervals of varying length. Worked up a good sweat.

10 minutes working on dynamic stretching.

My legs were a little sore from yesterday's workout. Back was talking to me a little, but nothing different than what I have had in the past. Overall a solid workout today.

I am doing the Max Capacity Training program that a few fellow amazons have done or talked about. It's pretty much all bodyweight stuff, varying times and intensities. It's only 3 times a week, but it's different every time. In between, I will try and get in some agility work (sort of like today, only hopefully will get more "pep in my step" as time goes on.

Now that I am back from vacation, I have 5 weeks til we go to Alaska for a cruise. I am hitting the nutrition part really hard right now, especially since I am holding back in the gym. Just gotta stay focused and be consistent.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Max Capacity, RARRWWW!! Good luck, glad the back is feeling ok.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    10 minute warmup

16 minutes, 4 rounds, 50 seconds on/10 seconds rest
    pushups
    bird dogs - raise one leg, opposite arm, repeat
    squat pulses - get in bottom squat position, up and down 2-3 inches
    superman

10 minutes on treadmill, 1 minute at 3.0, 1 minute at 5.0.

Pretty easy. Took it easy on the jog, but not problems with the lower back. So that's good.

Went by jimmy john's and got a vito unwich. You would think salami would taste good, but it was yucky. So I came home and ate steamed brussel sprouts and broccoli. :-)
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

Weighed in today. Back up to where I was two weeks ago, almost. I consider it somewhat of a win, considering I was laid up on the couch for a whole week. Have been doing good, nutrition wise, these past few days, and am planning on staying on a roll with it. I have 32 days until my final weigh-in and the end of the competition with my friend. I would like to aim for 10 pounds in those 32 days. Consistency, as always, will be the key.

My workout today was a modified version of the crossfit WOD "Murph."

"run" 800 meters
    25 pushups, on bar
    25 TRX inverted rows
    25 air squats
    800 meters
    25 pushups
    25 inverted rows
    25 air squats
    800 meters
    25 pushups
    25 inverted rows
    25 air squats
    800 meters

I was supposed to another round to make a total of 100 reps of each, but I was getting pretty tired, and I didn't want to chance anything. Plus, I have enjoyed not being sore (aside from lower back pain) and didn't want to do that much volume. PLUS, I like being in the gym every day, and I want to make sure I can do that, even if it is just to move around.

Hit the gym today, but that's about all I can say. Just did easy cardio today for about 45 minutes and stretching. Kind of a blah session, feeling a bit tired. But I am killing the nutrition so that's good.

Actually rode a real bike today. Had mine tuned up and cleaned. I rode 5.1 miles at a leisurely pace. It was good, but I think the seat was too high. When I got off I was walking stiff-legged for a bit. Went to the track in the area and did about 6 laps worth of running, skipping, jogging, walking, high knees, laterals, etc. Just moved around.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love riding my bike, only problem is I usually go to the park and all these freakin' nature walkers are in the way. You yell out PASSING and they turn around and stare all dumbfounded. Ham crashing into nature walkers = BOOM - ham everywhere.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Went to Austin for a quick trip. Damn carbs messed me up again. Oh well, back at it. Went to the gym today, picked up the intensity. Still doing just bodyweight for now.

10 minute warmup
    500 m row

3 rounds of
    7 pushups
    10 air squats
    7 inverted rows
    10 lunges each leg

500 m row

ran a mile on the treadmill. time was 11:10. Was just trying to run the whole time.

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you are allergic to pizza! LOL!
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

Did two workouts yesterday. Wut wut!!! I just did some higher intensity cardio, particularly 10 minutes on the stair master after my ass was already sore from lunges. That was in the morning. In the afternoon, I went to Chris' and actually picked up some weights as in the DB.

supersets
    assisted pull-ups x6
    seated DB press x6

The pull-ups were pathetic, but my DB press was still pretty good. I worked up to the 40s.

Then I just randomly did some rope jumping. I actually was able to do consecutive 10 both leg, 10 left, 10 right, back to 10 both, for a total of 100. I was quite impressed as that has not happened in a REALLY long time.

Not feeling like I had done enough, I then did 3 rounds of:

plank to pushup - 10 each arm
    10 lateral raises, 10 lb db
    10 head supported reverse flyes (head supported takes some of the pressure off my lower back)
    10 leg raises on bench holding BB (these were tougher than normal)

Overall a good day. I am sore today, and will probably take the day off or maybe try and get some walking in. My back feels like it is about 90%. I can tell it is very weak in some areas, like the leg raises for sit-ups. I'm trying to find ways to see where it is at without causing pain.

Nutrition is back on track after two days in Austin. My sister wants to cookout for the 4th, so I have to account for that. Happy 4th everyone.

Well, I goofed yesterday. I don't normally have a sweet tooth, but yesterday I sure did. Had some chocolate cake with ice cream. After I had already ate my calories for the day :-(

Today is a new day. Back to work after about a week "off." Got back into the gym and did legs on the machines.

10 minute warmup on cardio machine
    did 30 second bouts of dynamic moves for about 5minutes. Burpees aggravated my lower back a bit, but everything else was ok.

Leg Press
    3x12x1pps

seated hamstring curl
    3x12x100

leg extension
    3x12x100

500 meter row
    tabata protocol with battle rope

10 minutes on treadmill at high incline, walking.

Tomorrow will be running at the track since my gym doesn't open til noon.

Meals are prepped for the day. Hope everyone had a good 4th.

Went to the track today and did some "Sprint work." I use quotations, because my idea of sprint may be the idea of a leisurely stroll to some of you. lol.

warmed up

1x400 - was going for under 2:30. Ended up at 1:56. whoops! misjudged that one. lol

2x200 - :56/:57

4x100 - was trying for 15 seconds, but managed 20/19/18/18.

scratched the 50s I had planned because my groin was feeling a little tight and I didn't want to chance anything. But, overall it was a fun, good workout. I am now exhausted sitting here. Should make for an interesting shift.

Tomorrow's plan is to get back at the weights starting with chest. Will most likely just be machine stuff and am just trying to get my body used to moving some weight.

Started back with the weights today. Going to try a more traditional bodybuilding split.

Chest/Triceps

Bench press
    3x95x8
    superset with 5 pushups at the end of each set

Incline DB press
    3x12x25

Machine seated flye
    3x12x60

machine tricep pushdown
    3x12x90

rope pressdown - burnout started at 60 and just went down 10 pounds each time til I couldn't do anymore.

16 minutes of recumbent bike cardio

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reading about the pressdowns is making my tris hurt!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Back/Biceps

lat pulldowns
    4x10x100 - varying grips

seated cable pulls- close grip
    3x12x60

single-arm cable rows - worked on keeping my lower back tight
    3x10x40 each arm
    superset with
    straight arm pulldowns
    3x15x60

plate curl
    3x20x25 plate
    superset with
    10lb plate curl alternating arms
    3x15

ooooohhh that burned the biceps.

1 mile run on treadmill 11:36

nutrition has been on point.

Police story/rant

So yesterday I get a call for a simple traffic accident in a parking lot at a business. These are usually boring and just time consuming calls. Not a whole lot to them usually. Well, yesterday I show up and I find a lady in her car matching the description. I ask her "did you call?" And she says yes. I see three other people get out of another vehicle and they appear to be the ones from the other involved vehicle. The first lady is white and is driving a cadillac. The other three are of middle eastern descent. The white lady gets out of her car and comes over to me. I ask the group, generally, "ok, so what happened." The white lady gets real close to me, turns her back to the other party, and starts telling me what happened.

"Well, first off, I think you should know, they didn't want to give me his driver's license and insurance. Oh, and they don't speak English."

Immediately, I start getting pissed. I ask again, "ok, so what happened."

White lady responds, "I pulled into the parking lot and pulled in behind his vehicle. I went inside and my son stayed in the car. While I was inside, I turned around and saw the other driver start to back out and he hit my car."

I start to go over to the other party to get their story, and the white lady stops me to reiterate that they don't speak English. All the while, she never faces them and constantly has her back turned toward them.

I go over to the other party and ask which one was driving. One of the males tells me he was the driver. And in broken English he tells me that the other lady pulled into the parking lot really fast, parked right behind him, and when he went to back out, he hit her vehicle.

Ok, got it. I ask if anyone else was in the car, and the female says she was. I ask the other male who he was and he said his friends don't speak very good english and they called him to come help translate if needed. I looked at all three and asked if everyone understood what I was saying and asking, so far. They all stated they understood. Ok, great. The male driver stated he didn't want to give the other lady his driver's license and insurance because she came up to him very rude like and was aggressive and he got worried, so he called his friend to come help translate. The friend spoke to the lady on the phone and asked what she was wanting, and she was very rude to him as well and stated he didn't need to come over, but he said he would anyways. He shows up and offers to translate, but she doesn't want to talk to him.

I get both parties driver's licenses and insurances. I then went inside to see if there were any witnesses. I spoke to a lady who said she saw the white lady inside the store, turn around, and yell, and the witness looked out and saw the one vehicle rolling slowly backward and the guy get out and go to the back of the car. The witness stated the white ladies car was parked at a an angle right behind his. The witness stated the white lady was pretty pissy and angry.

Ok, so I go write all their information down, get a report number, write it on the cards we have and go back to the parties. I start with the white lady. I give her her information back as well as the card and run through my spill about how to retrieve the report and to tell your insurance company. I tell her she is free to leave. But, she doesn't. She says "Well, I want to make sure you understand they didn't want to give me their information and didn't speak any English, and then you show up and they miraculously can speak English."

Now, I will admit, from her first statements to me, and her mannerisms, I was not the nicest person. I was very matter of fact and direct. I did not care to entertain her attitude. So, my repines at this time was "Actually, they speak broken English, but enough to understand." I explain to her what I gathered from my "investigation" and explained to her how it was going to go down in my report. I told he she was illegally parked, and that he backed without safety into her. She flipped a lid. "Oh, I was illegally parked. There was nowhere to park." I told her, "It doesn't matter, he still backed without safety, and hit your vehicle, what is the problem." She keeps going on and on. I told her "Look, this parking lot sucks. It is not a good parking lot, but I have explained everything to you, why are we still here." She says "sucks? what does that mean." I am thinking "yeah, poor choice of words, but whatever." I tell her again what I have already told her a million times. She says "I think we are done here." I said, "Yep, you are free to go." And I walk away over to the other party.

Of course, she doesn't leave. She sits there and I presume listens to what I tell the other party. I tell them the same spill about the report and such. I explain it is not my job to determine fault, just investigate and state FACTS! I tell him it is his responsibility to make sure he backs safely and that didn't happen. The guy translates a bit better for me, and they all shake their head in agreement to what I told them. They say thank you, and then explain she was really aggressive and that's why he didn't want to give her anything. I told him I understand and left the scene.

I then call my Sgt and tell him he may be getting a complaint called in on me and I explain the situation. He is like "oh, ok, sounds good." Which means, yeah we get it all the time.

This particular call made me so freaking angry. I have had a couple of similar ones and they pissed me off just the same.

Take homes:

If you call me to an accident, tell me facts, not opinions
    I am not here to take your side, no matter how much you whisper in my ear. In fact, I will probably grow to hate you because of your FUKING ignorance. If you are going to be racist, fine, go be racist, but don't expect me to stoop down to your level and agree with you. At the end of the day, on this particular call, I could tell from everyone that was around, that SHE was the one who looked like a FUKing idiot!

On these few calls, it's funny how the not-at-fault vehicle is the one who gets more pissy about the whole situation. They essentially argue themselves into me wanting to give THEM a ticket. I didn't issue any tickets in this scenario, because it would have been pointless.

I am so freaking mad at this woman and her ignorance. Her distaste for "them" was palpable, and I really wanted to smack her. Every time she got closer to me, I had to take a step back, not for safety, but because I didn't want to be associated with her in any way.

We are all guilty of passing judgement on people. But, when you act like that and assume everyone of a certain descent is the same way, I pity you. Unfortunately, that is a very common theme in Lubbock, TX. It is very close-minded place and no room for anything but white, redneck, or Tech Alumni. I can't wait to move from here.

Thanks for listening.

Damn, that sounds annoying. It's a wonder more minor incidents like that don't escalate to people trying to knock each other's heads off. Seems like one of those weird situations where it's like 50/50 at fault. You can't park illegally, if she had not put the car there there would've been no incident, at the same time you can't go and hit a car regardless of where it's parked. I can only imagine how terrible of a job it must be to be the insurance people who have to call these people up and take statements. Never knew TX was so racist in general, srs, never heard that.
    Current PRs:

Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That sucks... I have also seen the other end of the spectrum though. Around here it's Hispanics and NONE of them have insurance and usually have suspended licenses. I can not tell you how many vehicles and loaners we have had to repair because they blow through a stop sign or run into the back of our car, then don't have dl and insurance... Don't speak English yada yada Officer comes on the scene and their 18 million family members show up and they try to tell the officer, the 1:18 that does have dl and insurance was the the driver in perfect damn English. Nice try. Doesn't matter anyway we always end up having to pay for the damages.
    Squat 275 Bench 175 Deadlift 285 Snatch 140 Clean & Jerk 185

Ongoing Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145852813

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the luckier you get." Ray Kroc

That really is a pain in the arse. All the way around. i find it amazing how many people in the world find the concept of personal responsibility so hard to understand and live by. Sounds like the lady was being uppity for sure.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Originally Posted by Boomer29 View Post
    That sucks... I have also seen the other end of the spectrum though. Around here it's Hispanics and NONE of them have insurance and usually have suspended licenses. I can not tell you how many vehicles and loaners we have had to repair because they blow through a stop sign or run into the back of our car, then don't have dl and insurance... Don't speak English yada yada Officer comes on the scene and their 18 million family members show up and they try to tell the officer, the 1:18 that does have dl and insurance was the the driver in perfect damn English. Nice try. Doesn't matter anyway we always end up having to pay for the damages.
    Oh, we have plenty of that as well. My point is simply, don't make assumptions. Easier said than done, but not all hispanics are without insurance and whatnot, just like not all middle easterners are terrorists. It's just irritating. The worse part is when they want me to give the other person a ticket. Now I may or may not be issuing a ticket to the at fault vehicle or for some other violation. BUT, the minute you TELL me "you need to give them a ticket" You actually just gave that person a pass. Luckily, I am under no obligation of the law to HAVE to write a ticket for anything. But, any who, I digress.

Tonight was a shift from hell. It's 12:30 in the morning and I just got off. It was traffic accident after another. Luckily, none of them were like the one yesterday. I am sooo glad it was my Friday. Oh, but wait, I found out today I have to go to court on Thursday (my off day). The bad part is that it is my first time in court (other than grand jury) and it is a suppression hearing for a DWI I did when I was in FTO. Why is this so bad? Because, the whole point is to get anything and everything they can suppressed, so they are going to attack every little freaking thing I did. I fully expect to come out of there ready and willing to turn in my badge. To keep it short, let's just say this guy already has a leg up on us, because the other initiall officer didn't do his part and the guy was already able to get out of one part of the DWI process (keeping his license). So, I'm sure he feels like he is on a roll. Honestly, this sounds ****ty, but I hope it does get thrown out. The other officer really screwed us all up on this one. I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

The only good news I have is that I haven't eaten everything in sight. I did have Fazolis because it was quick. I am still under my calories for the day, just a tad high on the carb intake. I weigh-in on Thursday, so I need to keep it tight, I have been doing really well lately.

Legs

I was just testing the waters today to see how my lower back would hold up

hack squat machine - no added weight
    4x10
    superset with single leg calf raises

trap bar squats
    3x10 with 10lb plate on each side
    superset with lunges 16 total

we got a sled for the gym which is awesome. There is carpet in the gym so it was kind of easy. I forgot how much sled pushes sucked

3 trips down and back (maybe 30 yards total)
    3 plates on the sled

Good mornings
    1 set of 15 with a 12 lb bar on the back just to get the movement and to see how the lower back felt.

10 minutes cardio on the stationary bike

I'm sure I will be nice and sore, because I was already shaking like a leaf. lol Overall, a good workout, back felt ok, not pain or anything.

I may or may not go to Chris' gym and do shoulders this evening. I still have a lot of frustration I need to get out, so maybe. lol.

Did Shoulders on Thursday, Abs on Friday, active walk/jog rest day at the park today.

Diet it going fine.

Glad the back is doing alright, yay diet, tryna get off dat smores-time myself.
    Current PRs:

So I took a complete rest day yesterday. I was pretty tired mentally from last week. It seemed to do the trick, because I was ready to go today. A friend of mine also gave me a "fat burner" pre-workout to try. I read the ingredients list and luckily it didn't just say "proprietary blend" crap. I gave it a try this morning before my workout. And all I can say is it seemed to work. Let's see if I can remember all that I did

Upper body workout

triset of
    10 elevated pushups
    10 trx rows
    10 each arm land mine barbell press (works shoulders)

smith machine bench press throws - light weight but throw it up as you would a medicine ball
    3x12

Smith machine shrugs
    3x12

assisted pull-ups
    8/6/4/2

25 lb plate tricep press
    superset with
    25 lb plate curls

treadmill
    20 seconds on/20 seconds off
    10 incline
    5.0 speed

did that for about 5 minutes. It was a killer with the incline. finished with 15 minutes of walking, side lunges, backwards walk.

Hmmm, ok so not as much as I thought. I was running all over the gym like a madwoman. haha. Now, I'm curious how the rest of the day works out for me. I don't take pre workouts to be jacked the whole day. I prefer mellow the rest of the day and to just be beast mode in the gym. So we shall see.

Tomorrow will be lower body day.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Glad the back is doing alright, yay diet, tryna get off dat smores-time myself.
    And sadness ensues!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

So I used that fat burner pill again. This time I tried mixing it with Xtend. Yeah, that didn't work. I pretty much almost threw up. It was like if you took a tylenol pill, put it in your mouth, and let it sit there dissolving, while you tried to find some water. Yucky yucky yucky. So, I gotta find another solution. However, it did work.

Today was leg day, and again I was sweating like crazy and doing work like a crazy person. haha.

leg press
    3x15x 1pps different stances

hack squat machine - no added weight
    3x10
    superset with calf raises
    3x15

3 rounds of
    12 forward lunges
    12 backward lunges
    10 air squats
    10 broad jumps with burpee (yes, THE burpee)
    20 10lb plate swings

2 rounds of
    10-12 tire flips (down and back)
    sled push 3 plates (down and back)

That damn sled push is kicking my ass. I went easy on the tire flips just to see how my lower back would handle. Luckily, the tire is light enough for me it doesn't really matter.

It was a fast-paced workout and I was drenched. Had a footlong subway sub afterward. I'm curious to see how long it takes before my stomach starts to growl. That's how I will know if this "fat burner" is really a metabolism booster.

Upper Body workout

Bench Press
    3x10x95 - finish each set with 5 pushups

Lat pulldowns
    4x10x100 - going from wide to narrow grip each set

DB rows - went light just to see what my back would do
    3x6x40 each side

overhead triceps press
    3x15x30
    superset with
    21's bicep curls (7 high, 7 low, 7 full) - 30lb ez bar

treadmill cardio for 20 minutes

Decent workout. Legs were a little sore and heavy from yesterday.

Officially two more weeks til my sister and I head out for a long vacation. We are going to Seattle, and then on an Alaskan cruise for 7 days then back to Seattle, then to Astoria, OR, and then finishing it off with some time in DFW. Should be a lot of fun, but it is going to be exhausting that is for sure. Hopefully we get to see this:

2 more weeks WHOOT!!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Lower Body workout at Chris'

Trap Bar Squats
    worked up to
    2x10x135 - doesn't seem like much but I felt it and my back didn't bother me, so I will take it.

step ups - this step was particularly high
    3x20

Good Mornings
    2x10x45lb bar

Hanging leg raises
    3x15

Considering my lower back was acting up a tad, and my legs were still sore from Tuesday, this was a good workout. I went to the chiro to get adjusted right before the workout. I think I irritated it yesterday when I attempted reverse hypers off of a swiss ball. Every time I have tried reverse hypers they have given my problems. I can do back extensions no problem, but reverse hypers hurt. I asked my chiro, and he said that even though they target the lower back, each exercise has different pressure points in the lower back. Ultimately, I just won't do reverse hypers. Don't really need them anyways.

Coming up on our last week of mine and jjeane's competition. I am ahead by one point. I have to stay under 2000 calories and 200g carbs as my average for the week and I will win the comp (coming out one point ahead). So far, I am good on the carbs, but a tad over on the calories, so I got to reign it in the next couple of days. I have til the 28th (11 days) for my other competition with my friend for weight loss/bf loss/measurements. I feel like I am leaning out some. No major difference overall, just some areas feel tighter and look better than before. I'm hoping to keep going strong til we leave for vacation and hope I can keep moderate control over my eats while on vacation.

I will get both this week. So it looks like unless you bomb out in the next couple days you win! Who can I get to make you eat another doughnut or 2?
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear