Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) yodudebrahman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Podunks View Post
    Well, you are the one who has adopted that view, no one is forcing it on you... Lmao

So why are you bitching about not liking a view you hold as truth? When you are the only person responsible for your beliefs....
    No one is forcing it on me? Uh, it's reality. It's truth. Facts. It's not a belief not in the religious sense, at least.

It's like me bitching about the Sun being real when I don't want it to be and you saying "WELL U ARE THE ONE WHO ADOPTED TO BELIEVE IT'S REAL, NO ONE IS FORCING U TO"

tl;dr I can't force delusion.

Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And that matters why? They can't disregard and denounce it, because it is a scientific theory? Lol
    No.... they can't actually. Lmao.

zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zonee2k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by willBstrong View Post
    I have never seen any convincing evidence for evolution. I'm open to it, but none of the "evidence" presented in my biology class really seemed like it proved anything. They danced around it, but I feel like all they were really saying is "these animals look similar; therefore they must be related" which was kinda closed minded. There is also a history of people frauding in their efforts to prove evolution. Anybody remember those embryo drawings which supposedly showed how everything was similar in the embryonic stage? It was later found to be a fake; the OG diagram showed the embrios were just as varied as their adult counterparts. And that diagram is still put in science textbooks TO THIS VERY DAY. Evolutionary research has always seemed fishy and convoluted every time I hear anything about it. So I think I'll stay undecided for the time being.
    Lol I ****ing looked at the embryonic development of three different species last week and they all are very similar (srs chicken human frog), sure the cleavage might be uneven and not complete etc. but the rest of the development in the begining remind you a lot before certain characteristics kicks in.

I swear misc is so stupid sometimes. Take a biology class or two and starts reading some studies. Half of the time people can't even grasp their brain around how science actually works, nor are they able to comprehend how experiments was carried out. If don't have the ability to do both of those then just stop having an opinion at all concerning anything science-related. It's an absolute criteria to even be able to critise modern research - even then your opinion is pretty much worthless since you still lack indepth knowledge of the field. Believing anything else is ignorant.
    Misc Med Crew
    Brains & Brawns Crew

Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slow_Ninja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    whenever I get annoying with the political beliefs some miscers have I come and read this thread, then realize its not their fault because they were born stupid.
    **no sex until marriage crew**
    **never getting married crew**
    **cuddle with my dog crew**

bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bhangu92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you do not believe in evolution urine idiot. Enviornmental catastrophes can literally redefine gene pools. Its known as genetic drift. Adaptive radiatio caused the finches on the gallopagus islands to evolve different physical characteristics suited for their niche. Embryology shows us that we can determine ancestory based on what stage the embryo develops different structures. For example the embryo of a human is identical to the embryo of a gorilla at a certain stage of development, but is differentiated from a frog embryo, indicating more common ancestry with a gorilla. Vestigial structures are present in animals ie leg bones in whales and a tailbone in humans. Convergent evolution shows us that animals with no recent common ancestors can evolve similar structures if they have similar enviornment. Eg birds and bats both have wings to fly. There is fossil evidence too. Honestly they shouldnt even refer to it as a theory at this point. The amount of evidence is so vast this "theory" is irrefutable
    ***Canadian Crew***

Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000) Koop21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    BAHAHA!!! You are a special kind of special.... My GF is going to get a good kick and loud laugh out of this later. /SMH
    Okay dude. Lol.

"In science, a theory is not a guess, not a hunch. It's a well-substantiated, well-supported, well-documented explanation for our observations.  It ties together all the facts about something, providing an explanation that fits all the observations and can be used to make predictions. In science, theory is the ultimate goal, the explanation. It's as close to proven as anything in science can be."

Not only do you not understand what evolution is, you also do not understand what a scientific theory is.

I'm not refuting the existence of any deity btw. But evolution is just a fact, accept it.
    Last edited by Koop21; 12-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.

OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) OgreBrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does evolution explain THIS?

++Joined his first crew crew++

Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To be fair, evolution is actually quite hard to grasp in its entirety until you study it for a while. Certain parts stick out and don't really make 100% intuitive sense until you explore them deeper. I didn't actually think evolution as "common sense", moreso as just learning what I was being taught, until a few upper level classes

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kbrown225 View Post
    wtf is le sigh?

I get annoyed by you pseudo intellects, do you have proof or are you just saying this based on some youtube video you saw or some dumbass podcast

Truth is nobody knows sh*t, I don't care what any of you *******s say. None of you are archeologist, zoologist, biologist, or chemist.

Continue to do your google searches to find your rebuttals and come back.

Dumbasses. We came from monkeys and a big explosion? How stupid can you get. #yesallmiscers

[img]http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b0/b09c421e8808c775dcdc56d91d4d5d98bac2fbed4950cb093f eb31855e7d3f65.jpg[img]

it's literally mind blowing to see a post like this. Was unaware people could be so stupid. You're reasoning is capped at the sense level. stimuli - sense - reaction. No meta cognitive thought whatsoever. Yes these sound like buzz words but i dont know how else to write it.

the funny this is i thought this thread would be entirely composed of people agreeing but instead it looks like that is simply not the case.
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000) kbrown225 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Num3n View Post

it's literally mind blowing to see a post like this. Was unaware people could be so stupid. You're reasoning is capped at the sense level. stimuli - sense - reaction. No meta cognitive thought what soever. Yes these sound like buzz words but i dont know how else to write it.
    glad you know how to use google, you dumb brute. atheists are the most judgmental pseudo intellects if there ever was such a thing. Do you know how many scientific theories have been canned?

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    glad you know how to use google, you dumb brute. atheists are the most judgmental pseudo intellects if there ever was such a thing. Do you know how many scientific theories have been canned?
    you cant even string one argument together without it being fallicious. It's actually mind boggling.

Do you not see what's wrong with this argument? like honestly i am asking you?

"Do you know how many scientific theories have been canned?"

let me write it out how it might be phrased on a critical thinking test.

"Do you know how many doctors have been fired, you shouldn't trust doctors" (this is the same argument you made - list any issues it may have).

also judgmental =/= bad fyi
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Evolution for dummies

3 billion years ago

bacteria becomes photosynthetic
    starts multiplying via binary fission

700 million years ago
    bacteria has now evolved into the genders

600 million years ago
    bacteria has now evolved into simple lifeforms like sponge,jellyfish,etc

550 million years ago
    The mulicellular lifeform has now become the chordate ancestor
    Chordate ancestor develops fins to help with sea locomotion

440 million years ago
    Chordate ancestor becomes more diverse creating the Fish verterbrate class and humans come from an armored fish
    We develop jaws and teeth to ingest food better

420 million years ago
    Our ancestor's fins mutate into limbs to allow it to walk on land
    It loses its scales giving it smooth slimy skin
    Its jaw muscles become stronger
    Its brain size increases
    Its feet are webbed
    We are now amphibians
    We must reproduce in the water and still cant stay on land too long
    Fish are no longer our relatives but now our prey/predators

320 million years ago
    We develop dry waterproof scales
    Our limbs become stronger for better land locomotion
    Our jaw muscles increase
    We become larger
    We are now reptiles
    Amphibians are no longer related to us and are now our prey

280 million years ago
    We start to develop fur on your scaly bodies
    We become warm blooded
    Reptiles are no longer our relatives but now our prey/predators

PERMIAN EXTINCTION

250 million years ago
    We have fur on our bodies and lost our scales
    We shrank due to staying underground due to the Permian extinction
    We are now mammals
    Our reptillian enemies have evolved into the dinosaurs,pterosaurs,and plesiosaurs.Reptiles are now our mortal enemies

66 million years ago
    We became very small like say a shrew tiny
    Our senses became better to help run away from dinosaurs and we developed ears
    We developed a neocortex that allowed us to do abstract thought
    We developed live birth as a way to protect our young from dinosaurs and keep them incubated
    KT Extinction

50 million years ago
    Our limbs become longer and more slender
    Our facial structure changes from a rodent form to a more monkey like form
    Our tails elongate
    Our brain size increases
    We develop color vision
    We develop fingers
    We are now primates
    All other mammals are no longer related to us

20 million years ago
    We are starting to lose our tail
    Our habitat is becoming a savanna
    We become adapted to talk on your knuckles rather than stay in the trees
    We become larger

10 million years
    We can stand upright
    We can now walk
    We have our fur but its almost gone
    We lose our monkey flexibility
    We lose our opposable feet
    Because of your bipedal nature human births are now premature
    Our brain and skull is beginning to become more human
    We can pick up objects and use tools
    We are now Homo Australopithecus
    Only primates in the Homina genus are now our relatives

5 million years ago
    Our vocal chords have mutated allowing us to form a variety of sounds.This is why we can speak in our languages
    We have lost all of our hair
    Our brain size has increased
    Our brain has set a limit on our muscles to give us better dexterity
    We are now Homo Erectus

75,000 years ago
    Our brain grows exponentially
    Depending on where we are our skin may have lots or no melanin
    We are now human
    ***Black Knight Master Race Crew***

SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This was my post in another thread, but it applies to this as well.

Originally Posted by SynesthesiaBruh View Post
    Specifically thumbs. This is why scientists think we had a major increase in IQ around the same time that we developed thumbs.

What most likely happened was that it catapulted the smarter of our ancestors who where able to become more prolific in what we were able to create. Those without thumbs (when our ancestors first started out with the mutation) were not able to make more advanced weapons and such. Those with the mutation were able to create more advanced weaponry/other survival tools. Then, overtime, those without thumbs were no longer found as favorable/died/killed and thus unable to reproduce. From there, our tool creation became more advanced, and the ones who couldn't understand the then advanced technology didn't know how to use the technology/create more advanced tech slowly died off due to the same reason as before.

This is what's great about science; These "theories" actually make sense, and are beneficial when coming up with other theories/are tested when all these theories start to fit together. Those who don't believe in evolution, simply do not understand it.

I'm retarded, but you guys understand what I'm saying...

Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Briangumble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here's one thing I don't get about evolution. How did organisms learn or evolve to create new chemicals? For example, poisonous organisms like spiders or rattlesnakes that produce venom. How did they learn or evolve to create the ability to produce venom? I haven't studied evolution or biology so sorry if this question sounds stupid.

PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PrimeraRS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coctopus View Post
    TFW your entire family is crazy, fundamentalist christian.

Feels.
    This is my mothers side, my fathers side don't give a chit about nothing but making money.

Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Caxoo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Briangumble View Post
    Here's one thing I don't get about evolution. How did organisms learn or evolve to create new chemicals? For example, poisonous organisms like spiders or rattlesnakes that produce venom. How did they learn or evolve to create the ability to produce venom? I haven't studied evolution or biology so sorry if this question sounds stupid.
    One plausible way: metabolic byproduct that doesn't hurt host hurts others, so it was selected heavily to be produced. Over time animals that manipulated it to use as a weapon gained an advantage so that trait was also selected for

One common framework flaw people have when looking at evolution is thinking stuff purposely evolves to get new stuff. Like "oh wow look at that tail, the scorpion must have purposely evolved that poison stinging tail so it could fight predators". Evolution lacks any directive. The adaptive story would most likely have been something like:
    - scorpion tail was just a small nub that allowed for balance
    - the longer it grew the more balanced it became so it could run better
    - this in conjunction with scorpions producing tons of toxin in its body because predators eating them would be like "phuck me"
    - over time with the toxin seeping through its body, scorpions whose tails developed into barbs could use them to fight, maybe not even for hunting at first just for mating competition
    - eventually, scorpions that gained ability to squeeze toxin through tail would be heavily selected for, so that became the new body plan
    Last edited by Caxoo; 12-09-2014 at 08:15 PM.

skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nobel Laureates who believe in Intelligent design:

Sir John Eccles (1903-1997), winner of the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine in 1963.

Nobel Laureate Ernst Boris Chain (1906-1979), winner of the 1945 Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology

Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), winner of the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1945.

Guglielmo Marconi (1874–1937), winner of the 1909 Nobel Prize in Physics

Nobel Laureate and Intelligent Design proponent: Dr. Brian Josephson (winner of the Nobel prize for Physics, 1973)

Nobel Laureate and Old Earth creationist: Dr. Richard Smalley (winner of the Nobel prize for Chemistry, 1996)

Abdus Salam (1926-1996), a winner of the 1979 Nobel Prize in Physics
    so why is there animals eating each other alive in the wild? Who takes pleasure knowing they created them to suffer?
    Atheist Conservative Crew

sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BetaAsPhuck View Post
    Some animals are born infertile.

Are you honestly not aware of that?
    Yes I am, but how do you suppose these non breeding things pass on their genes, wifi?

Originally Posted by EatPlums View Post
    Yes, ie peppered moth evolution.

And nothing is stopping there being a deleterious mutation, but the chance of there being a deleterious mutation which decreases an organisms fitness is the same as the probability of there being a deletion/insertion that is advantageous to that organisms fitness.

No one says that evolution ALWAYS leads to advantageous mutations, just that it always leads to those advantageous mutations increasing in allelic frequency.
    So you are basically fishing numbers out of a hat, saying there is a 50/50 probability that such creatures would have positive changes to their genes and gnome... This isn't science but a cartoon. And where do you account for the passing on of these genetic mutations to future generations as though they are benefits and not detriments, or as though the mating process wouldn't undo the mutations that have been done by alternate gene expression/suppression? And how long would it actually take for a earthworm type creature to even become lets say a snake? This is considering it mated only with other worms or even maybe self reproduced.... The Cambrian was only 53 million years, and in 10 thousand we have not recorded a single change in animal macro evolution, let alone non superficial micro kinds that would lead into the macro: kinds becoming new kinds. Do you have any idea about the number of mutations it would take to make a worm develop bones? How do you know if it even has the capacity to produce cells that would build them? Can we grow feathers on our own as well, and if so fully formed, and if so how long, and would these ever allow us to fly without muscles big enough to lift us from the ground... And why would future generations of these worms begin to develop a spine? Who says the same environment would exist so this adaption would be needed or adventitious etc.... I think your idea is a ludicrous one and is totally faith based and equaled to religious ignorance.

Originally Posted by EatPlums View Post
    lmao @ Sotrktiv being butthurt enough to neg me because he doesn't understand basic evolution
    Not butthurt by you for obvious reasons, I negged you because you were rude, go back and read what I said in the neg about tact.
    ★ M0D Positivity Crew ★ № 1th ★ Α ★
    ★ Future M0D in training Krew ★
    ★ NEGs religiophobes on sight Krew ★
    Warning: "Bump spam threads and be banned" - KENKONG
    Death is beautiful to whom life is a humiliation...

1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1sttimecaller is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Came in for Christian meltdowns, did not leave disappointed.

Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Prednisone666 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    still waiting to evolve out of DYEL
    Bench 280x1 Dead 415x1 OHP 185x1, Chins 90x5x5 Goals: 200x1 OHP, 100x5x5 chins, 315x1 Bench, 225 Front Squat
    *Sh!tty chest, bis, back, shoulders, traps, quads, hamstrings, calves, tris, forearms, glutes, abs crew*
    LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160399581
    Bulged discs crew Long femurs crew

skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnytobulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Idc about evolution or religion, i'm only scared of waking up tmw as a buffalo in africa and getting my ass torn apart by lions.
    Atheist Conservative Crew

tobascored has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow low testostrone

Testotrone cypinate 115$ 200ml injectible lovethesunshinebaby@gmail.com

Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Alegobeh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SolidOakie View Post
    Honest question, where in the fossil record are there remains of species that are links between species we have today
    Didn't go through 8 pages to see if anyone has addressed this correctly or not.

Anyways, people don't realize that the probability of finding direct common ancestors in the fossil record IS EXTREMELY UNLIKELY. At best, we can find 'transitional forms' that suit as the close relative of a common ancestor. Even then, finding transitional forms is extremely difficult because there are many things that have to go just right in order to leave fossils...

FIRST: The decay of a plant or animal must make its way to the bottom of an ocean, and quickly get covered by sediments so they don't get eaten by scavengers or decay.

This is why finding the fossils of a land plant/animal is rare compared to finding the fossils of marine organisms. On top of that, finding fossils of marine organisms is rare too.

SECOND: The hard parts of the fossils become filled with dissolved minerals. This remains a cast of a living creature and gets compressed into rock by the pressure of the sediments on top.

If you read carefully, you'll realize that soft parts of plants and animals aren't easily fossilized. This automatically creates a bias when viewing history through fossils, because most ancient species were soft-bodied...

THIRD: Once a fossil is formed, it has to survive all the processes that you can imagine which will naturally destroy/decay the fossil...Over hundreds of millions of years you could imagine how deep it is beneath the earth's crust...

FOURTH: Only when the sediments are raised and exposed to wind erosion or rain, will the fossils be in our reach. You can extend this and assume that there is only a short window of time before the semi-exposed fossils are destroyed by water,wind,etc...

Taking to account everything here, people expect EXACT COMMON ANCESTORS?

SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50) SynesthesiaBruh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wtf is le sigh?

I get annoyed by you pseudo intellects, do you have proof or are you just saying this based on some youtube video you saw or some dumbass podcast

Truth is nobody knows sh*t, I don't care what any of you *******s say. None of you are archeologist, zoologist, biologist, or chemist.

You're right, nobody really truly "knows", but when theories based on evidence and logic rather than bias and tunnel vision are further "prooved" when they fit so perfectly with other theories (that are both related and seemingly originally unrelated) start to come together, they start to have some credibility.

Think of it like an unfinished puzzle of a car. The puzzle pieces are the theories. They all fit so perfectly together. Right now, we can only see the license plate, but it's pretty clear that it is in fact a license plate and not just utter randomness. The pieces that don't quite fit anywhere you ask? Well, right now they don't fit anywhere but they will some day. That, or they're just a result of manufacturer error.

I'll choose to believe the empirical evidence, rather than words written by men like you and I over 2000 years ago. And if you're going to tell me that the bible is 100% truth, then the Pope, who is supposedly infallibly the position of God on Earth, then proved (in the eyes of the religious) that there are in fact fallacies in the Bible. So ergo, in the eyes of Catholics, either the Pope is not what they think, or the Bible is in fact not 100% true/literal.

Now I'll agree, there do appear to be a few holes in what I wrote, but I'm not trying to write a novel over here lol.

No hate, btw srs.

Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's about as radical as believing in a flat earth. Among biologists, particularly at the doctoral level, there is absolutely no question about monophyletic origins.

Evidence from bioinformatics, comparative genomics and phylogenetics, vestigiality/atavistic DNA, etc. unequivocally demonstrate descent with modification.

The more traditional evidences are also useful- structural homology, fossil record, biogeography and molecular clocks, etc.
    "Seen in the light of evolution, biology is, perhaps, intellectually the most satisfying and inspiring science. Without that light it becomes a pile of sundry facts -- some of them interesting or curious but making no meaningful picture as a whole."

Originally Posted by sotrktiv View Post
    So you are basically fishing numbers out of a hat, saying there is a 50/50 probability that such creatures would have positive changes to their genes and gnome... This isn't science but a cartoon. And where do you account for the passing on of these genetic mutations to future generations as though they are benefits and not detriments, or as though the mating process wouldn't undo the mutations that have been done by alternate gene expression/suppression? And how long would it actually take for a earthworm type creature to even become lets say a snake? This is considering it mated only with other worms or even maybe self reproduced.... The Cambrian was only 53 million years, and in 10 thousand we have not recorded a single change in animal macro evolution, let alone non superficial micro kinds that would lead into the macro: kinds becoming new kinds. Do you have any idea about the number of mutations it would take to make a worm develop bones? How do you know if it even has the capacity to produce cells that would build them? Can we grow feathers on our own as well, and if so fully formed, and if so how long, and would these ever allow us to fly without muscles big enough to lift us from the ground... And why would future generations of these worms begin to develop a spine? Who says the same environment would exist so this adaption would be needed or adventitious etc.... I think your idea is a ludicrous one and is totally faith based and equaled to religious ignorance.
    Cambrian Explosion was an unprecedented period of evolutionary radiating out to different body plans, due to a combination of factors that don't exist in modern (relatively modern, that is) times. Nobody is saying worms evolved into snakes, the phylogentic relation between those two is who knows how many degrees removed...we have in fact seen kinds becoming new kinds, speciation and unbreedable groups has definitely been observed

Yes it's hard to imagine developing bones, I don't really know how to explain these processes to you, no offense meant at all but it takes very in depth knowledge of animal physiology, evolution, etc. which you would have to read up on that you are not equipped to understand presently for me to explain without writing a novel (hell, I'll be honest I don't even understand it all myself and I wouldn't be able to explain well anyway, it is incomprehensibly vast). Differences in body plans, differences in behaviors, incorporating different things from the environment - a bone growth here and a shrinkage there, eyes extending, nose shifting, spine elongating. Over untold millions of years, all of these evolutionary processes converging and constantly expanding. Realize that our body plan, currently, is not just an extension of apes, but is an extension of the more primitive simians before them, the synapsids (I think it's the synapsids lol) before them, the dinosaurs before them, the therapsids before those, the vertebrates before those - we are the product of over a billion of years of evolution. Realize that everything, literally everything in our bodies from the largest ratios of body parts to the smallest microlevel expression of whatever is under the pressure of evolution - and at that point, you wonder how the hell can evolution NOT happen?

When you study these things, and see how everything pieces together, by god it is a beautiful puzzle to behold

...that you promptly forget after you take the test

Originally Posted by Reliance012 View Post
    The more traditional evidences are also useful- structural homology, fossil record, biogeography and molecular clocks, etc.
    Structural homology is a bitch, I'm glad we've figured out modern (notably genetic) methods of establishing relationships. Professor tells me to look for patterns, I'm just like "bruh what the phuck are you expecting me to see" and make chit up based on lectures

awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100) awphukwhy is not very well liked. (-100)
    The Cambrian was only 53 million years,
    No it was roughly 500 million years ago
    ***Black Knight Master Race Crew***

willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) willBstrong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Will the mods please shut this fukking potato thread down? Was a potato when it was posted, like 10 hours later and potatoness has only intensified

sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sotrktiv has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Caxoo View Post
    Cambrian Explosion was an unprecedented period of evolutionary radiating out to different body plans, due to a combination of factors that don't exist in modern (relatively modern, that is) times. Nobody is saying worms evolved into snakes, the phylogentic relation between those two is who knows how many degrees removed...we have in fact seen kinds becoming new kinds, speciation and unbreedable groups has definitely been observed

Yes it's hard to imagine developing bones, I don't really know how to explain these processes to you, no offense meant at all but it takes very in depth knowledge of animal physiology, evolution, etc. which you would have to read up on that you are not equipped to understand presently for me to explain without writing a novel (hell, I'll be honest I don't even understand it all myself and I wouldn't be able to explain well anyway, it is incomprehensibly vast). Differences in body plans, differences in behaviors, incorporating different things from the environment - a bone growth here and a shrinkage there, eyes extending, nose shifting, spine elongating. Over untold millions of years, all of these evolutionary processes converging and constantly expanding. Realize that our body plan, currently, is not just an extension of apes, but is an extension of the more primitive simians before them, the synapsids (I think it's the synapsids lol) before them, the dinosaurs before them, the therapsids before those, the vertebrates before those - we are the product of over a billion of years of evolution. Realize that everything, literally everything is under the pressure of evolution - and at that point, you wonder how the hell can evolution NOT happen?

When you study these things, and see how everything pieces together, by god it is a beautiful puzzle to behold

...that you promptly forget after you take the test
    Can you provide us examples of kinds becoming new kinds? Also, I used such a radical but perceivable example of worms becoming snakes, because this is virtually what apes becoming men seems to be from my vantage (at least visually physiologically). If you do provide evidence of kinds becoming new kinds, I hope these are not things occurring on the microscopic, but can be observed in an animal that's at-least as sophisticated/ as large as an earthworm is. Also, to just say that somthing happened over a billion years, when we live a max of 80 +/-, almost like such a period of time is no big deal, quickly enters into the realm of story, transcending fact all together (not saying all long age requiring theories are based in falsehood). And what you have just told me is a cool story, but a story non the less. IMHO these beliefs are far worse then ideas promoted by religious fundamentalists (in proper biblical context), because evolutionary origins reduce the dignity of men, not increase them.
    ★ M0D Positivity Crew ★ № 1th ★ Α ★
    ★ Future M0D in training Krew ★
    ★ NEGs religiophobes on sight Krew ★
    Warning: "Bump spam threads and be banned" - KENKONG
    Death is beautiful to whom life is a humiliation...