Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Casser12 View Post
    This is out of line. Making men dress like that is absurd and humiliating. These ****s dressing these models are trying to kill our masculinity.
    these models look soulless

lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50) lupered will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't even call this stuff "high fashion", its more like a wearable arts show as someone said earlier. Most runway shoes for menswear look something like this:

Pretty wearable and fashionable

saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000) saintpatrick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lupered View Post
    I wouldn't even call this stuff "high fashion", its more like a wearable arts show as someone said earlier. Most runway shoes for menswear look something like this:

Pretty wearable and fashionable
    wtf is that on their faces?

Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000) Lightbulbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to think high fashion was pointless until I half-watched 'Devil Wears Prada.' One of the only good scenes;

I still don't care about it, but styles do trickle down from these designs.

It's a bit like concept cars, they never actually go on sale, they just inspire the design teams and give them a few ideas.

We're all gonna make it userofpeace1111's Avatar
    userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) userofpeace1111 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

These two aren't that bad. They look like something from the middle ages. Mirin' the second one the most

AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000) AngryBaby is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol eh, it's just artistic expression, an art show. that's what 90% of shows actually are, your average person always thinks that it's stuff they actually expect everyone to rock unfortunately.

Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vagitarian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AngryBaby View Post
    lol eh, it's just artistic expression, an art show. that's what 90% of shows actually are, your average person always thinks that it's stuff they actually expect everyone to rock unfortunately.
    no it is not artistic expression

they are simply creations from people with too many chromosomes, thus their brains aren't functioning properly

(srs)
    MAGA

J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_A24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Lightbulbs View Post
    I used to think high fashion was pointless until I half-watched 'Devil Wears Prada.' One of the only good scenes;

It's a bit like concept cars, they never actually go on sale, they just inspire the design teams and give them a few ideas.
    That makes a lot of sense.

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by saintpatrick View Post
    lulz at the person who paid for that **** I mean "art"
    Well the truth is it's value doesn't suddenly disappear upon purchase. It's still worth 150.6 million, and is in fact probably worth even more now. I'd say it's not a bad investment.

Also, Pollocks are actually pretty incredible to look at. I could try to explain why the painting is worth what it is or why it's important but I think I'd waste it on you.

ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000) ONIcc is just really nice. (+1000)
    There seem to be a lot of "why are these people dressed in such unflattering clothes" comments in this thread, and that's completely missing the point.

The unspoken MFA assumption about the clothes we choose to wear is that they look "good" and they will make us look "good", and that generally clothing ought to serve those two purposes.

But fashion exists on a spectrum between pragmatic ("I want clothes that will make people think highly of me") and artistic ("I want clothes that are interesting"). Not everyone is interested in wearing clothes that look "good" and will make them look "good". Some people are more interested in wearing clothes that are interesting.
    Let's make an analogy to music.

People who wear distressed boot-cut jeans and Affliction shirts are like Katy Perry or Ke$ha - lacking any artistic merit, but massively popular and blending in to the cultural background. Most people don't notice (or choose to overlook) how ****ty it is.
    The MFA circlejerk style is like Mumford and Sons or the White Stripes - it's artistically accomplished, aesthetically pleasing, but also quite safe. People may disagree with your particular choices, but nobody's going to think you're an idiot.

The looks linked are like Nicolas Collins[1] - 99% of people off the street will say, "What the **** is this bull****?" and walk away. The line between "crap" and "beautiful" isn't clear. We're not sure whether we're supposed to like it or not. That tension is incredibly interesting to some people.

Personally, I fall squarely into the MFA circlejerk style - just as I mostly listen to music that isn't complete crap but also isn't pushing the envelope too far. I enjoy the experience of wearing clothes that look "good", and of being perceived by others as looking "good".

But I understand why some people would put greater value on looking "interesting".

ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't know a thing about high fashion, but looking at those photos I assume it's suppose to be some sort of wanna be artistic statement rather than the idea that the pieces would be comfortable and nice looking for every day use.

████████████████████ ███ chrisITALIA's Avatar
    chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000) chrisITALIA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Torpeda View Post
    fcking lol

ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ricflaironpcp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Casser12 View Post
    This is out of line. Making men dress like that is absurd and humiliating. These ****s dressing these models are trying to kill our masculinity.
    It's ironic to hear people complaining about the death of masculinity on a forum where a large chunk of the demographic are into buying over priced polos, or knock offs of over priced "fashionable" jeans, or cologne. People post photos of their faces and ask for suggestions for complicated hair cuts and worry about their hair more than modern day females do.

I am not saying it is wrong to dress properly, practically, and not look like a slob. But a large chunk of this forum try to play the female role of getting in shape to appear physically attractive to woman, dolling themselves up, and over paying for clothes they don't need. They then go on to complain about "sl00ts" and the declining testosterone in society. It is a contradiction.

Masculinity is having charisma and obtaining social status. That is what woman are attracted to for the most part. (Again, there are exceptions to every rule). Men generally don't care about a female's job or social status. There are exceptions, and you are going to eventually want to blow your brains out if you are in a long term relationship with someone who is dumb as a brick and behaves like a child. But when it comes to initial attraction, men are into physical cues, hence why socially females use to be more into fashion and salons than men.

YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) YoungBeauty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by L8N-W View Post
    I agree. It's getting stupid when they look like they are doing a wearable arts show
    thats what it is though....

those pieces are not made to be worn in real life

Keep rustling cuz VodkaFlockaBrah's Avatar
    VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) VodkaFlockaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lightbulbs View Post

I think that's bull chit. BRB only wearing colors I like because colors exist in nature. The fashion industry doesn't own the fuking colors. This rustles my jimmies in the same way that gays think they own all the colors of the rainbow. I'll wear rainbow colors for the literal rainbow without it all being overanalyzed into a bunch of ****gytime hogwash. (No offense to homo or fashion brahs but I think it's reasonable to be able to wear any color without being it associated with some ideology. It's just a color dammit.)
    ^^^EXTREME PULL UPS CREW^^^
    *Frank Yang Flight Club*
    Anti Feminazi crew

lulz at the negs im getting from fashionistas

sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000) sellerdoar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by VodkaFlockaBrah View Post
    I think that's bull chit. BRB only wearing colors I like because colors exist in nature. The fashion industry doesn't own the fuking colors. This rustles my jimmies in the same way that gays think they own all the colors of the rainbow. I'll wear rainbow colors for the literal rainbow without it all being overanalyzed into a bunch of ****gytime hogwash. (No offense to homo or fashion brahs but I think it's reasonable to be able to wear any color without being it associated with some ideology. It's just a color dammit.)
    lol strong missing the point of that scene.
    no shower crew
    no eat crew
    no sleep crew
    no talk crew
    no poop crew
    no clothes crew
    no house crew

Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Antonio519 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tell that to the stylish/fashionable crew, they mad
    Blaugrana Crew
    Chicago Crew
    Misc Porsche crew

pdx4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High fashion in general is a joke. They want you to buy brand name clothing for insanely marked up prices though much of that stuff is identical to clothing you can get for less anywhere. The fashion industry has it figured if they get rich people to walk around in it, everyone will flock to it even though the cost of it is outside the average person's comfortable price range.

This is where chumps are defined. I guess if you have the cash to pay it knock yourself out, even though it's still silly to buy overpriced clothing so you can brag you bought overpriced clothing. Even more chumpy than that however is the people who can't afford it but chase after it, I believe the term is 'wannabe'.

The current real style for people that aren't high society wannabes is more of the Portland/counter culture style (not necessarily hipster however) but rather interesting/sharp and didn't pay too much for anything. Also the urban style is solid still as long as it's minus the retarded bling that got added on in the 2000's.

IMO being creative and looking good without spending pointless amounts of money is the truth. If you can look hot in something you didn't pay much for, mad points over the person who mindlessly paid way too much to look like a tax bracket they are not even in. That's where it's at.

Flex Like a ****in' Ibex OptimusPrim3's Avatar
    OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000) OptimusPrim3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Am I the only one that would wear these shoes? srs

/\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\
    **Met Phil Heath at Costco & Guitar Center Crew**
    **Anything Is Possible Crew**
    ᕙ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )ᕗ

Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000) Wheelshow1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    humans gonna human

NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NaturallyVain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mrpyrex View Post

someone put photoshop IN on one of the boards
    Does this pile of sticks make the wearer a *******?
    But who was sig?

* I fell for it*

oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) oahbpn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NaturallyVain View Post
    Does this pile of sticks make the wearer a *******?
    Yes, since that's the definition.
    internet is srs business

Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mephisto91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ONIcc View Post
    There seem to be a lot of "why are these people dressed in such unflattering clothes" comments in this thread, and that's completely missing the point.

The unspoken MFA assumption about the clothes we choose to wear is that they look "good" and they will make us look "good", and that generally clothing ought to serve those two purposes.

But fashion exists on a spectrum between pragmatic ("I want clothes that will make people think highly of me") and artistic ("I want clothes that are interesting"). Not everyone is interested in wearing clothes that look "good" and will make them look "good". Some people are more interested in wearing clothes that are interesting.
    Let's make an analogy to music.

People who wear distressed boot-cut jeans and Affliction shirts are like Katy Perry or Ke$ha - lacking any artistic merit, but massively popular and blending in to the cultural background. Most people don't notice (or choose to overlook) how ****ty it is.
    The MFA circlejerk style is like Mumford and Sons or the White Stripes - it's artistically accomplished, aesthetically pleasing, but also quite safe. People may disagree with your particular choices, but nobody's going to think you're an idiot.

The looks linked are like Nicolas Collins[1] - 99% of people off the street will say, "What the **** is this bull****?" and walk away. The line between "crap" and "beautiful" isn't clear. We're not sure whether we're supposed to like it or not. That tension is incredibly interesting to some people.

Personally, I fall squarely into the MFA circlejerk style - just as I mostly listen to music that isn't complete crap but also isn't pushing the envelope too far. I enjoy the experience of wearing clothes that look "good", and of being perceived by others as looking "good".

But I understand why some people would put greater value on looking "interesting".
    That's f*cking retarded. There's nothing artistic about that sh!t just because it's "interesting". Anybody can create "interesting" clothing designs that don't look good by simply throwing wacky sh!t together. How is it artistic if it doesn't look good? The problem is that every retard who does something ridiculous thinks they're artistic these days. Yeah it makes them stand out, but if that makes it artistic then so is rubbing dog sh!t all over your face and walking down the street. That will make you stand out too. How interesting.
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people out-smart eachother, then themselves.

brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) brrealtea is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I never got fashion. I've never seen men wear those - ever. Not even the most glamorous and famous and richest people. What's the purpose of these shows?
    Survivor crew.

SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SStayHumble has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wood wear all of these /tothegym

registered fapper Benny__Blanco's Avatar
    Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000) Benny__Blanco is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok i dont know if you guys are all trolling, but there is no fuucking way that some of these are serious... this is not real life