Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4144
    exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fishoilman View Post
    TFW there is less than 10 girls in the entire electrical program
    This. Idk how it is in other schools, but at ours there were 3 hot girls in mech e, one was in a sorrority and was engaged, the other one had a long time boyfriend, the last one i never got to talk to, and the rest of the girls looked like gorillas.

They are either taken, crazy, or ugly as fuk.

Hot girls don't do engineering, they get married to someone that can provide for them or wait tables at hooters lel
    benis in ur angus

Registered User PericlesOfPeace's Avatar
    PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000) PericlesOfPeace is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by exy View Post
    This. Idk how it is in other schools, but at ours there were 3 hot girls in mech e, one was in a sorrority and was engaged, the other one had a long time boyfriend, the last one i never got to talk to, and the rest of the girls looked like gorillas.

They are either taken, crazy, or ugly as fuk.

Hot girls don't do engineering, they get married to someone that can provide for them or wait tables at hooters lel
    Industrial engineering brah here

i'd say 25% of classes were womens and some were hot (not just engineering hot) i'm talking 8.2/10 misc standard specimens
    * Ohio State University Engineering Crew *
    * Use urine stream to clean toilet bowl Crew *
    * Was told I couldn't go to the gym so I didn't go Crew *
    * Best (ex) RS player on the misc *
    * Real name is Jeff Crew *

exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000) exy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PericlesOfPeace View Post
    Industrial engineering brah here

i'd say 25% of classes were womens and some were hot (not just engineering hot) i'm talking 8.2/10 misc standard specimens
    i guess industrial and chemical have a higher women presence, must b nice tbh
    benis in ur angus

IamNumberOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I'm a third year mechanical engineer student. This semester I'm taking Computational Methods, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Processes, and Differential Equations.

Today I got a phone call from the HR Department about the Manufacturing Co-op I applied over winter break. I have a phone interview scheduled on Thursday with a Project and Manufacturing engineer. The HR lady I spoke with on the phone told me that they try to get know the applicant and ask a couple technical questions. I really want the position, but I'm awful at speaking on the phone. I always get really nervous and freeze. I'm going to call several friends between now and Thursday so I don't choke.

Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) narak1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    electromagnetic fields 2 is the worst.

wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wowz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb learning Matlab all over again

Learned it in college 3 years ago but now that I am looking for a new job it's pretty much industry standard to have it on your resume.
    Unzipping Bon.rar

Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brocq17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    brb be a Chem E major at a ****ing Ivy League school with decent extracurriculars and an internship under my belt yet noone even looks at my resume because my GPA's below a 3.0..

Originally Posted by wowz View Post
    brb learning Matlab all over again

Learned it in college 3 years ago but now that I am looking for a new job it's pretty much industry standard to have it on your resume.
    o fuk. I'm actually afraid to leave the oilfield and look for a manufacturing job bc i don't wanna do actual engineering
    benis in ur angus

Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Biggar12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by exy View Post
    o fuk. I'm actually afraid to leave the oilfield and look for a manufacturing job bc i don't wanna do actual engineering
    lmao so many engineers fall into this positions, well few of my friends anyway.

Currently looking for a mechanical engineering summer job, any miscers wanna hook a bro up? srs
    "Old" school miscer
    **Engineering Crew**
    **Positive Crew**

seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10) seifkoura is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2nd here Mechanical Engineering Student. Lovin it, could go for more babes tho, just a bunch of hairy foreign chicks. mainly asian/indian no racialino, just callin it

Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rubinkazan View Post
    want to study computer engineering at uni guise, any advice brahs
    I'm an EE. CompE is like the middle ground between CS and EE. It's not all programming (not sure why people ITT are acting like it is just programming). You'll have no trouble finding a job; if you enjoy that, then go for it. However, an alternative I would present would be- major in EE and then use all of your electives on CompE classes or minor in CS (or both if you want). CompE is just a subset of EE and I think you'd be better served doing a more broad degree in general in EE and then using electives/minors to add that specialization you are wanting. Either way I really don't think it will matter much. If you just wanna do a CompE then go for it. You'll get a job as long as your GPA is decent (>3.0) pretty easily. Just EE would give you a broader range of opportunities.

Originally Posted by IamNumberOne View Post
    Hey I'm a third year mechanical engineer student. This semester I'm taking Computational Methods, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Processes, and Differential Equations.

Today I got a phone call from the HR Department about the Manufacturing Co-op I applied over winter break. I have a phone interview scheduled on Thursday with a Project and Manufacturing engineer. The HR lady I spoke with on the phone told me that they try to get know the applicant and ask a couple technical questions. I really want the position, but I'm awful at speaking on the phone. I always get really nervous and freeze. I'm going to call several friends between now and Thursday so I don't choke.

Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Relax. So many people stress themselves out over **** like this. Seriously. They are just people. They are not any different than you, me, everybody else. IMO, not letting yourself want it too bad might be a helpful way to think. The more you want something, the more desperate you will be, and the more pressure you will put on yourself to perform. Get a good night of rest, do whatever you do for fun (gym, friends, games, etc), and be confident. If you have been putting in the work then there is no reason why they wouldn't want you, right? I mean they decided to interview you so obviously they must think you have potential. Now it's your turn to see what opportunities they might have available and whether you think it would be worth your time. A lot of people seem to forget this aspect of the interview process; it isn't just about them liking you, but you liking them, their company, and the role that you could have with them. If it's a phone interview, write down some fucking notes to have in-front of you, like breathe, stay calm, think, or whatever the fuck would help you- it doesn't matter as long as it's helpful. Don't rush to answer their questions immediately. Take time to think about the question and give a meaningful answer. When they ask a question, you can say, "Hmm, give me a moment to think about it." Also, you are not going to know everything and nobody expects that you should. If you don't know the answer, saying something like, "Well I'm not sure, but if I had to guess it would be x because of y and z." When you do give an answer, try to give the reasoning behind why you thought that. Don't act like you know if you really don't have a clue. Being able to say I don't know is important and being confident in your skin when you say it is as well. The technical questions are most likely more of a way to gauge the way that you approach problems, think, and formulate your thoughts into words. If it's for something like manufacturing, then obviously reviewing your manufacturing processes material would be a good idea, lol. Going back to the not wanting it so bad- you say you really want it, but don't let yourself want it so much. Learn to detach yourself from the situation to allow logic and reason to dominate your thought process. If you get stumped and then start thinking oh ****, I fucked up, they're not going to give me the position, etc that isn't going to help anything. Rather than spending that time trying to come up with an answer, you'll be letting your emotions override your ability to think and then things really won't turn out well.

And another thing- this isn't the end of the world. There will be other opportunities. I understand that you really want this one, but there are always going to be other opportunities that you will like as much or maybe even more. Take this as a learning opportunity to gain experience with the interview process and become confident in your ability to speak. Even if you tank this one, the next one will get easier, and the one after that easier, etc. Keep things in perspective.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Ownster8932; 01-27-2015 at 07:37 PM.
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

Democrats are terrorists cncman's Avatar
    cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by cc40 View Post
    Wish I did Frac, Cementing, or D&M. Probably would have stuck around longer. Wireline was a nightmare with ****ty broken equipment and useless as fuk African operators. My ******* puckered every time I had to arm a gun built by one of my guys.

My 2 years there probably took 15 years off my life from stress and all the radiation I was exposed to. Bull**** African base always lost my dosimeter every time I had to get it checked, so who knows how much I have been exposed to.
    Wireline has been pretty fun. Went to being on call and staying at home. I've been playing video games waiting for a call, and a rig loses circulation and gets stuck. Now I'm waiting for a water well job. Put 20 hours on dragon age in 3 days. Thank god this job is salaried, feel very bad for the hands. Cement/Frac/PP/Drilling are dropping like flies in the layoffs. I got an email about a raise today while we are reducing 11% of our workers, wat? Badly run business for many reasons. Hal is even worse.
    "If you don't vote for me you ain't black!" - Plantation Joe Biden

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ownster8932 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cncman View Post
    Wireline has been pretty fun. Went to being on call and staying at home. I've been playing video games waiting for a call, and a rig loses circulation and gets stuck. Now I'm waiting for a water well job. Put 20 hours on dragon age in 3 days. Thank god this job is salaried, feel very bad for the hands. Cement/Frac/PP/Drilling are dropping like flies in the layoffs. I got an email about a raise today while we are reducing 11% of our workers, wat? Badly run business for many reasons. Hal is even worse.
    Haha, yeah, I just got laid off from BHI today actually. I just got my promotion to RDD2 and my raise too a couple of weeks ago. Lots of people got laid off at my location. Heard Rankine road got gutted today too from some buddies in EDP2.
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ownster8932 View Post
    Haha, yeah, I just got laid off from BHI today actually. I just got my promotion to RDD2 and my raise too a couple of weeks ago. Lots of people got laid off at my location. Heard Rankine road got gutted today too from some buddies in EDP2.
    Sorry to hear that man, good luck in your job search.

Originally Posted by TXDStone View Post
    Sorry to hear that man, good luck in your job search.
    Thanks brah! Yeah, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world. I am staying positive about it. Maybe my next job will be better or in a better location, who knows. Not opposed to coming back when the oil prices go back up. Our group was only 5 people (30 in all, but the other 25 were in Houston while we were in OK) and 2 of us got the axe (I was the newest and youngest. The other guy was second newest, but had 20 years of experience as an engineer). A lot of good people got laid off, so it doesn't seem like there was many factors other than being the newest to a group/salary from what I could tell. It seems rather short sighted IMO- we were actually pretty busy working on 2 high-profile projects (both were top 5 for our entire department of 300 people). I did the hardware for one project and the other guy who got laid off was doing the software for it. So not really sure what they plan on doing because at some point those projects are going to need to get finished so they are just going to be hiring people back when the market rebounds. I'm assuming that they will try to hire us back as we got laid off just due to the ****ty market conditions and not poor performance, but we might not be available (along with the other 7k who got the shaft, lol), so then they will have to waste months getting new people through all of that training and up to speed on everything just so that they can start producing/being effective. And it's not just my group, but all across the company. Like every group is basically getting gutted. I'm not mad or bitter about it though- it is what it is, lol. Already started getting things in the works yesterday as a couple of recruiters actually contacted me in the last couple of weeks and I'm going to see about other companies who had previously offered me interviews/employment. So I'm optimistic about another job pretty quickly.

Hopefully you fellow O&G brahs are able to avoid my fate, haha!
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

IamNumberOne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. Reading that really helped my confidence.

Anyways I just got off the phone with the Manufacturing Engineer & Project Engineer. They first explained to me what the Co-op was about. Holy Crap it seemed like a lot of things. He spent like 10 minutes talking about it. I tried taking notes of what he was saying but I couldn't keep up lol.

Basically what I understood was that the company was building an addition and that Co-op was going to include: working with vendors, making spreadsheet fixtures, using AutoCAD, line studies, helping out assembly & etc... They said that if there's something that I'm particularly interested in they would try to get me involve in it.

Then the next 10 minutes they had me go over my resume and I mostly talked about my work experience. Questions they asked me where: What I did, What I most liked about the job, What I least liked about the job & etc...

I really feel good how the interview went. I asked what the next step would be in the recruitment process. They told me that I'm one of the first candidates to be interviewed and that they still have to go to my school's career fair. The reason why I got interviewed early was because I was referred by a relative lol.

Anyways this interview was great experience and gave me a lot of confidence heading in to my school's career fair.

TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks brah! Yeah, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world. I am staying positive about it. Maybe my next job will be better or in a better location, who knows. Not opposed to coming back when the oil prices go back up. Our group was only 5 people (30 in all, but the other 25 were in Houston while we were in OK) and 2 of us got the axe (I was the newest and youngest. The other guy was second newest, but had 20 years of experience as an engineer). A lot of good people got laid off, so it doesn't seem like there was many factors other than being the newest to a group/salary from what I could tell. It seems rather short sighted IMO- we were actually pretty busy working on 2 high-profile projects (both were top 5 for our entire department of 300 people). I did the hardware for one project and the other guy who got laid off was doing the software for it. So not really sure what they plan on doing because at some point those projects are going to need to get finished so they are just going to be hiring people back when the market rebounds. I'm assuming that they will try to hire us back as we got laid off just due to the ****ty market conditions and not poor performance, but we might not be available (along with the other 7k who got the shaft, lol), so then they will have to waste months getting new people through all of that training and up to speed on everything just so that they can start producing/being effective. And it's not just my group, but all across the company. Like every group is basically getting gutted. I'm not mad or bitter about it though- it is what it is, lol. Already started getting things in the works yesterday as a couple of recruiters actually contacted me in the last couple of weeks and I'm going to see about other companies who had previously offered me interviews/employment. So I'm optimistic about another job pretty quickly.
    I know a group at HAL is likely feeling like this too, they were involved in a special project and beginning to test and experiment their equipment with us and one other company, that group is now all gone.

Midstream company wants to phone interview me tomorrow, sure why not
    Last edited by TXDStone; 01-29-2015 at 08:32 PM.

McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) McLarenGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    any resources for dynamics? i did well in statics, but it's the second week and i'm kind of already lost in this class.

beauty of working at a big oilfield service company: going to Houston for 2 weeks for some bull**** training, brb partying 3 weekends, aw fuk BYEEEEEEE
    benis in ur angus

Originally Posted by McLarenGTR View Post
    any resources for dynamics? i did well in statics, but it's the second week and i'm kind of already lost in this class.
    Yeah prepare to feel lost throughout. Khanacademy and a lot of youtube videos brah.
    benis in ur angus

I think I did well on phone interview

Not sure about the position though, they said max they could probably offer me is 7.5k less than I currently make. I think it's likely to be a solid program. This would be compared to sticking it out being a lease operator/secretary (entering in invoice costs all day) since we have slowed down so much. For all I know this could continue for a while and I could be 14 months in and not have really designed or done any solid engineering work. Then in the future when interviewing with companies I could see it being, "you worked there for a year and a half and never (designed a rod string, worked on a frac, done facility design, etc.)?"

There are two other companies that I would like to work for as well with openings and I think could pay a bit better, not sure how to ask someone at the company if I would be a serious candidate or when they're going to close the positions, etc. It's not like too many other people are hiring currently.

/forever regretting turning down XOM and COP
    Last edited by TXDStone; 01-30-2015 at 01:49 PM.

M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had a career prep day this morning where hiring managers, consultants, alumni, etc. all offer their wisdom on job related topics from resumes, interview questions, workplace etiquette etc. That was this morning at 8. I had a diff eq and physics quiz to study for and other stuff to take care of. At about 3AM I realized, I didn't have the clothes I thought I did. It was business casual and so I was gonna wear dress shirt, slacks, black dress shoes. I find out neither of my dress shoes are here (but my 5 other pairs of shoes somehow made it to my dorm). So now I have to make something just magically work. I had a light blue collared shirt that was a terrible fit, khakis, and I had my fall boots that clearly were not dress shoes. Luckily I made it work by wearing a sweater on top of shirt so people couldn't tell it fit horribly. And by whatever luck, my khakis covered my boots just enough so that you couldn't they were dress shoes (only exposed "toe" of shoe while covering laces and what not). I would like to formally thank my fellow S&P crew for giving me the knowledge over the years to save my ass.

Went to bed at 5AM and woke up at 7:30 for the prep day.
    None of the people there were hiring bioE's (what else is new) but I went to just learn something because all my internships have been research labs not so much industry and this coming career fair there is actually a company taking bioE interns. The setup was that you and your group sit at tables with a hiring manager/alumni/etc. for 10min before rotating and I swear by the end of each convo I felt I was on good enough terms with each person to go get a beer afterwards. Don't know when I got good at talking to new people especially in a professional setting, but I ain't complaining. Got a lot of my questions that google can't answer from actual engineering hiring reps so thats invaluable experience.
    Also some 26 year old sloot started flirting with me during the networking session right in front of my ex (not planned I'm not like that).
    Finished my application for that awesome internship in seattle, I find out March 1st--ish if I got it.
    Still have two more to apply to (both deadlines in march) + one company to go see at career fair in february.

So outside of school life is great. But somehow with only 14 credit hours, I am busier than ever, my extracurriculars have remained constant, but I have pulled a lot of allnighters I have no idea how im still breathing. I usually get away with maybe <5 a semester yet I am at 7 already and its week 3 of 16. Explain that. Haven't been able to gym in a week now. No idea where all my time is going. I misc on weekends a little, spend most of all weekend doing homework yet I have no idea where my time is going. I am in almost identically difficult classes as last semester. I can't continue this cycle of constantly trying to play catch-up so no idea when ill find the time to finally get caught up again. What is life.

I guess I'll share the big thing I learned, I asked about what hiring managers are actually looking for when they ask you what you do outside of school. I wasn't sure if they were looking to see if you would be a cool coworker or if the question was still pertaining to the job position. Apparently it's best to draw from a hobby or activity and paint it in a relevant light to something their after and that the question is still centered around the job not so much them trying to get to know you. An example I can think of is how in consistently going to the gym, you set small goals until large goals are accomplished because you can't see progress in the mirror on a day to day basis. Also for you brahs with less than satisfactory GPA's I didn't hear a better answer than saying you left your GPA off the resume because you feel it is bad and doesn't properly represent you (go on to explain why your GPA is bad i.e. part time job or other obligations).

I am miscing once a week so start expecting these big updates from me homies.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Misc translation: Who mods the mods?
    MISC Plug.DJ crew (â—£_â—¢) http://plug.dj/misc-edm/
    RIP frvrmuscle.
    Aziz Shavershian inspired me. Zyzz made me laugh. There's a difference,RIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Reps for life: bfmv69

cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Emmot rd got nailed, Tomball is fcked. We'll lose our JFE's soon too. Anybody without log books done, failed drug tests, or haven't done ELS/BOSS are gone. Gonna be a LOT of young engineers laid off looking for work. Economy just got 9000 times worse. They basically cut anyone old or anyone brand new. FE's make 140-160k post-bonus yet bonusless JFE's are going away.

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

Hopefully you fellow O&G brahs are able to avoid my fate, haha!
    We're all axed, just consider yourself one with an extra week or two to find work.

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

Originally Posted by cncman View Post
    We're all axed, just consider yourself one with an extra week or two to find work.
    My understanding was that Friday was the last day of the layoffs. There's 7k man, not the whole company, lmfao. It's a lot of course, 11%, just saying that if layoffs are over for the moment then you will probably be good for a while. Why not get a head start and look for jobs now, just incase?
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GhostCat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My understanding was that Friday was the last day of the layoffs. There's 7k man, not the whole company, lmfao. It's a lot of course, 11%, just saying that if layoffs are over for the moment then you will probably be good for a while. Why not get a head start and look for jobs now, just incase?
    if prices dont pick up by end of spring it will be a blood bath. None of the northern stuff and canada will pick up and the US rig rates will just keep going down.
    So when you flip that coke, Remember them days you was dead broke

Originally Posted by GhostCat View Post
    if prices dont pick up by end of spring it will be a blood bath. None of the northern stuff and canada will pick up and the US rig rates will just keep going down.
    Yes, what I am saying is that the end of Spring, to me, constitutes as "a good while." It's a lot of time to look around and start trying to prepare in the unfortunate circumstance that you get the axe. I had a week of notice that layoffs were coming, haha. Pretty big difference.
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

I guess I'll send an email to the recruiter saying I'm uncomfortable taking a 9-10% pay cut but would be willing to consider a 3% cut.

I hate playing these kind of games. Maybe if I took the lower pay now it would be better for the future, I would have upstream and midstream experience, I would actually be learning and doing stuff in this new midstream job gaining experience instead of just sitting around all day, and could maybe one day jump back to upstream in facilities or something?

No idea what to do, impossible to tell if these other two companies just never took the job listings down or are on a hiring freeze or what without maybe being probably overly aggressive and trying to contact some recruiters for the company on linkedint.

Wish I knew wat do.

Are you O&G bros that are getting laid off looking to jump back in the industry somewhere else or leave it for another?

Originally Posted by TXDStone View Post
    I guess I'll send an email to the recruiter saying I'm uncomfortable taking a 9-10% pay cut but would be willing to consider a 3% cut.

I hate playing these kind of games. Maybe if I took the lower pay now it would be better for the future, I would have upstream and midstream experience, I would actually be learning and doing stuff in this new midstream job gaining experience instead of just sitting around all day, and could maybe one day jump back to upstream in facilities or something?

No idea what to do, impossible to tell if these other two companies just never took the job listings down or are on a hiring freeze or what without maybe being probably overly aggressive and trying to contact some recruiters for the company on linkedint.

Wish I knew wat do.

Are you O&G bros that are getting laid off looking to jump back in the industry somewhere else or leave it for another?
    Yeah, luckily you have a job atm, so it gives you a stronger hand in trying to negotiate. I may try to negotiate as well, but it's riskier since I would be posturing without much backbone, bluffing if you will, depending on what offers I may get. Unless they find out/ask whether I was laid off, then they would obviously know and I would be in a position of weakness.

I was never married to O&G to begin with. Honestly, until BHI came to my school (I'm a South Florida boy), I had never heard of any of these companies (aside from the Super Majors obvi and Halliburton due to the war-related ****). I had never even considered O&G until everybody was telling me how great BHI was- they were actually the last company I talked to and the only reason that I did was because they were by the door omw out of the career fair, haha.

I enjoyed my job though- I would definitely go back if they offered me my position back or even switching to the field. For me it's about the opportunity and the experience that the job would give me. If that's in O&G, fine. If it's in aerospace, automotive, commercial, whatever, great too. You field guys have it a bit more difficult since your experience probably isn't really that relevant for other industries. However, if you are relatively fresh out of school (3 or less years maybe?) then you could probably still get a job in another industry doing more traditional engineering work. Then, when the market rebounds (whenever that may be), if you feel so inclined, try to get back into O&G. Just a suggestion. I have already applied for some field positions actually, lol.

Got laid off Wed afternoon, put in 200 or so apps already Thurs, Fri, and today so far.
    Gal Gadot Crew
    Madelaine Petsch Crew
    Victoria Justice Crew

DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fuuuuuu brah's my sister just came in and showed me a pic of us when I was a senior in high school. I've really let myself go My life has just been such a roller coaster ride these last two years I forgot all about staying in shape. Don't even know how to get back into it consistently between work, probation, school, lawyers etc..

Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast