Closed Thread
Page 65 of 325 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 9748
    garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VictoryBrah View Post
    Would you recommend doing this routine every day, if not on gear?

Got lots of spare time for the next few weeks.

Also, what are substitutes for the hyperextentions and cable crunches?
    Every day? No way. You're doing a full body workout, you try doing Squats 7x a week and let me know how that goes... 3 times a week is PLENTY assuming you're pushing yourself hard every time you go.

And I do weighted crunches (plate on chest) in place of the cable crunches. They never felt right to me. Hyperextensions are a great exercise, I'm very sad I have to leave anything lower back out thanks to a spinal problem. If you just don't want to do them, Jason recommends Good Mornings as an alternate.
    Current weight: 174 Goal: 180

Lifts:--------------------Goals: (for now...)
    Bench - 205(5x5)-----------Bench - 225
    Deadlift {X} until spinal problem fixed :(
    Squat - 230(5x5)-----------Squat - 275
    BB Row - 200(5x5) ---------BB Row: 225
    OH Press - 125(5x5)--------OH Press - 135
    (as of 2/6/13)

Link to my journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148426033&p=954018063#post954018063
    (Go to page 2 to get to where I switch to 5x5)

VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VictoryBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by garardn01 View Post
    Every day? No way. You're doing a full body workout, you try doing Squats 7x a week and let me know how that goes... 3 times a week is PLENTY assuming you're pushing yourself hard every time you go.

And I do weighted crunches (plate on chest) in place of the cable crunches. They never felt right to me. Hyperextensions are a great exercise, I'm very sad I have to leave anything lower back out thanks to a spinal problem. If you just don't want to do them, Jason recommends Good Mornings as an alternate.
    Home gym checking in.. only barbell, squat stand, and bench here. (and adjustable dumbbells)
    175/130/200
    or
    385/295/440 for the land of the free

Depression Awareness Thread 2012 GTFIH

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148806513&p=961840433#post961840433

garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50) garardn01 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VictoryBrah View Post
    Home gym checking in.. only barbell, squat stand, and bench here. (and adjustable dumbbells)
    Ah got ya. Well weighted crunches are still viable, and all you need for GMs is a barbell.
    Current weight: 174 Goal: 180

Lifts:--------------------Goals: (for now...)
    Bench - 205(5x5)-----------Bench - 225
    Deadlift {X} until spinal problem fixed :(
    Squat - 230(5x5)-----------Squat - 275
    BB Row - 200(5x5) ---------BB Row: 225
    OH Press - 125(5x5)--------OH Press - 135
    (as of 2/6/13)

Link to my journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148426033&p=954018063#post954018063
    (Go to page 2 to get to where I switch to 5x5)

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    had to skip squats today.... having some back pain due to over reaching at work. i also took a large deload on bent rows as well...
    cant wait to get that sh*t back up there.....
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by garardn01 View Post
    Jason, been doing Rows but I keep tweaking a nerve in my forearm. Tried using a grip with thumb out, wider, etc and still does it. I'd prefer to keep a shoulder width grip to hit my lats more effectively but frustrating losing ROM because of a nerve rather than a muscle weakness. Any suggestions?

Also, OH grip just to clarify. And I dont find this problem with any other exercises or grips.
    Strap up then. They cost about $5.

Originally Posted by Willnotquit View Post
    http://www.bestgymequipment.co.uk/me...jtbr-05_h1.jpg

Can I use something like this for like Rows, Press and Curls?

Also, I should go free Squats, I didn't know that http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6z32i8WrYSo was a Squat Machines. Lol.

How close should the CGBP be?
    Everything in my program is free barbell work.

I made a video covering in detail how to CGBP and linked it in this thread. Search here or my videos for it.

Originally Posted by sammy2413 View Post
    Would this program be suited for me. Ive been lifting like 4 months without any real direction and my lifts are very low. Ex Squat 75x12
    Yes this program is for you.

DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DBRedMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let's say I've Ben lifting for 6 months now seriously with diet in check, bench 185, squat 275, and dead 315. Would a program like this help me keep progressing on strength compared to a p/p/l or 3 on 1 off routine? Thanks

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DBRedMan View Post
    Let's say I've Ben lifting for 6 months now seriously with diet in check, bench 185, squat 275, and dead 315. Would a program like this help me keep progressing on strength compared to a p/p/l or 3 on 1 off routine? Thanks
    Yes. I would not even consider something like P/P/L until you have at least 3-4 years of consistent hard experience and can rep 300 on bench, rep 400 on squats and rep 500 on deadlifts and have most of the size you plan on gaining already (at least naturally).

MarthaStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarthaStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice to see there's a version of this for cutting. I've decided to drop my current plan of 200+lbs on all my main lifts until after I've dropped 25 lbs.

I've enjoyed doing the bulking version of this during these past few weeks, but honestly I'd feel a lot better starting from normal weight rather than 25 lbs overweight.

Since it's only 25 lbs/10 kg, I'm sure it shouldn't take me more than three months, and I'll resume heavy lifting by March-April and hopefully reach my original goals by my 24th birthday in August.
    Last edited by MarthaStewart; 01-12-2013 at 07:48 PM.

NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NaturalMarty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first off loving your videos
    few quick questions frost one whats your opinion on dc training?
    second would i be classed as novice still been l;ifting 3 years bw is 82 kgs current lifts are squat 120x3 reps, bench 90x4 reps, deadlift 14x3 reps
    also woud it be wise to run full nody on monday and wednesday 5x5 style focus on stregth then do upper lower sat and sunday focusing hypertrphy with more 10-12 reps?

AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just saw your recent video on increasing workload.

I am not doing your program currently, after having seen your video, I am thinking about doing something same or similar. My current squat max is 275lbs (tested) which is a little over 2x bw. I tried Sheiko , but didn't like it to be honest. I also watched your video explaining your program. Let's say I take 75% of my max, and work with that. I do legs twice a week, so 5x5 one day, 6x5 one day , till 8x5 with the same weight. And increase weight by 10 pounds, begin with working sets of 3 , attempt getting 5 with that. I hope you're getting what I am trying to say here :S Now that I am bulking, I'll be able to consistently progress. I wasn't able to milk my noob gains due to not eating enough and being a lil biatch. Therefore I ran 5/3/1 to get to that max.

Thanks Jason, I've learned a lot from your videos , the amount of information your provide us everyday is overwhelming.

furiousrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To Jason, or anyone with knowledge. On squats I feel I'm very close to failure because I feel my form breaking down quite a bit during later sets.

Should I Carry on with them till I actually fail (bad form and all) or reset now?

Thanks for any help guys.

homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10) homegymworkoutz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Jason I watch your channel help m8

I've been lagging in shoulders strength though they are not lagging in size.
    I do push pull legs but on push day I do flat bench them move on to incline bench then I start military press but my military press is really weak since I do all those benchpresses first and haven't been able to increase weight on military press probably cause they are too tired already.

Would you recommend I seperate them and do this split instead?

Chest/tris
    Legs/shoulders
    Back/biceps
    Rest
    Repeat

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by homegymworkoutz View Post
    I've been lagging in shoulders strength though they are not lagging in size.
    I do push pull legs but on push day I do flat bench them move on to incline bench then I start military press but my military press is really weak since I do all those benchpresses first and haven't been able to increase weight on military press probably cause they are too tired already.

Would you recommend I seperate them and do this split instead?

Chest/tris
    Legs/shoulders
    Back/biceps
    Rest
    Repeat
    ask that on his ********

this thread is about his 3x week full body for novice bodybuilders.

alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I noticed the absence of vertical pulling movements for the lats/upper back - do you believe that rows are sufficient for lat development? It's generally accepted that rows add thickness and e.g. pulldowns add width, but I find this absurd. Wanted to hear you take on it.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by furiousrunt View Post
    To Jason, or anyone with knowledge. On squats I feel I'm very close to failure because I feel my form breaking down quite a bit during later sets.

Should I Carry on with them till I actually fail (bad form and all) or reset now?

when it comes to squats or dead lifts i consider failure when my form breaks down... all out failure is on some lifts is just plain dangerous in my UN educated opinion... i try to always air on the safe side when it comes to heavy lifting...

Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bad form leads to strain in all the wrong places on your body. I would stop once you feel the form breaking down.
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147080553

Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why no direct calf work?

Originally Posted by Mattash2g View Post
    Why no direct calf work?
    calf and forearm work are up to you! Jason has addressed this a few times.
    some folks will need a ton of additional work for calfs wile others need none at all....
    personally im one who needs the additional work. so i through in 2 sets of 10 rep calf raises right after my squats....

Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mattash2g is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    some folks will need a ton of additional work for calfs wile others need none at all....
    personally im one who needs the additional work. so i through in 2 sets of 10 rep calf raises right after my squats....
    Thank you very much. I know I could've just searched the thread but was being just a tad lazy haha
    Do you use 65-75% of your max for calf raises for the sets?

furiousrunt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks lrd3 and Krunkz. I'll go ahead and reset squats tomorrow.

Originally Posted by AliLeo94 View Post
    Just saw your recent video on increasing workload.

I am not doing your program currently, after having seen your video, I am thinking about doing something same or similar. My current squat max is 275lbs (tested) which is a little over 2x bw. I tried Sheiko , but didn't like it to be honest. I also watched your video explaining your program. Let's say I take 75% of my max, and work with that. I do legs twice a week, so 5x5 one day, 6x5 one day , till 8x5 with the same weight. And increase weight by 10 pounds, begin with working sets of 3 , attempt getting 5 with that. I hope you're getting what I am trying to say here :S Now that I am bulking, I'll be able to consistently progress. I wasn't able to milk my noob gains due to not eating enough and being a lil biatch. Therefore I ran 5/3/1 to get to that max.

Thanks Jason, I've learned a lot from your videos , the amount of information your provide us everyday is overwhelming.
    That may be a workable system for you yes.

As others have said if your form is breaking down badly and you need bad form to complete a rep you hit muscle failure. Don't keep ramping up from that point it can injure you. Do a weight reset and tighten up your form on the next ramp up.

Originally Posted by alexanderberg View Post
    I noticed the absence of vertical pulling movements for the lats/upper back - do you believe that rows are sufficient for lat development? It's generally accepted that rows add thickness and e.g. pulldowns add width, but I find this absurd. Wanted to hear you take on it.
    There are chinups. No verticle pulling is not a requirement for complete back development for many individuals just like incline work is not a requirement for many to build a great upper chest.

^^^This.

Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Starting my 2nd week of your intermediate routine tomorrow.

It's crazy how easy the 5x10 day feels compared to the 5x5 days it's almost like doing cardio.

sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50) sackamous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well made my second attempt(after the bad night and the flood) at 290lbs squat this morning and got it done. A question though is there anything I can do to help my power in the bottom 1/3 of the range of motion? I squat ATG! and on the way up once my ass is above my knees I can almost jump with the weight if I wanted but, its a fight below that.
    Started at 328lbs
    Current at 227lbs and counting.
    Current goal 225lbs (step by step)

()==() York Barbell Club No. 19 ()==()

PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10) PapaPumpkin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm considering giving this routine a try for a change of pace after 6 cycles of All Pro's SBR. I'm still not sure if I can make the routine sustainable as it looks like the workouts will take 2x as long as All Pro's workouts. I'm planning on giving it a try and seeing if I can make it work with my schedule (just moved to a new city and started a new job).

For my buds who also gave this program a try after All Pro's, are you guys keeping the same warm-up methodology? A 25%/50% warm-up for the big 3 then skipping the warm-ups on the rest of the lifts?

Originally Posted by PapaPumpkin View Post
    I'm considering giving this routine a try for a change of pace after 6 cycles of All Pro's SBR. I'm still not sure if I can make the routine sustainable as it looks like the workouts will take 2x as long as All Pro's workouts. I'm planning on giving it a try and seeing if I can make it work with my schedule (just moved to a new city and started a new job).

For my buds who also gave this program a try after All Pro's, are you guys keeping the same warm-up methodology? A 25%/50% warm-up for the big 3 then skipping the warm-ups on the rest of the lifts?
    i warm up for the first 3 using the 25/50%
    then i do a really lightweight warm up across the board for all lifts. (most of the time) just to circulate some blood directly to muscles about to be pumped....
    it does take me about twice the time APSBR.... there are days i squat in the morning and finish after work (not often but it happens some times) i do love the fact that every lift day is a heavy lift day.... and i am definitely seeing great results..

AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    That may be a workable system for you yes.

Thank you very much man, had an amazing leg workout yesterday. Now I have something to look forward to. Sheiko was extremely boring

Originally Posted by sackamous View Post
    Well made my second attempt(after the bad night and the flood) at 290lbs squat this morning and got it done. A question though is there anything I can do to help my power in the bottom 1/3 of the range of motion? I squat ATG! and on the way up once my ass is above my knees I can almost jump with the weight if I wanted but, its a fight below that.
    It is difficult to work squat accessories into this program. Speed squats, box squats, pause squats can all help.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i warm up for the first 3 using the 25/50%
    then i do a really lightweight warm up across the board for all lifts. (most of the time) just to circulate some blood directly to muscles about to be pumped....
    it does take me about twice the time APSBR.... there are days i squat in the morning and finish after work (not often but it happens some times) i do love the fact that every lift day is a heavy lift day.... and i am definitely seeing great results..
    LRD3, How does that work out for you... I'm curious because I do my workouts WED, FRI, SUN and I'm up to 5 minutes of rest between most of my compounds and that would save me a considerable amount of time for my Wednesday Evening workout because I don't get home until 6PM. On Friday's I get done work at noon and Sundays I'm usually home all day so for those days the extended rest is a non issue. Do you do your squats fasted first thing in the morning?

Jason, Your thoughts on splitting up the workout like this?
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    LRD3, How does that work out for you... I'm curious because I do my workouts WED, FRI, SUN and I'm up to 5 minutes of rest between most of my compounds and that would save me a considerable amount of time for my Wednesday Evening workout because I don't get home until 6PM. On Friday's I get done work at noon and Sundays I'm usually home all day so for those days the extended rest is a non issue. Do you do your squats fasted first thing in the morning?

Jason, Your thoughts on splitting up the workout like this?
    it works well when i know i'm going to be pinched for time...
    i do them fasted about 10 minutes after i wake up.... about half way through my morning coffee......
    my lift days are same as yours. i am very interested to see what Jason has to say about this.

MackemSLAM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by n1ckhand View Post
    2 questions:
    1) should the chins be done exactly like in this video ? http ://www(dot)bodybuilding(dot)com/ exercises/detail/view/name/chin-up
    2) i've been doing hyperextensions with a 45lb plate for awhile now, should i switch over to goodmornings ?
    I can't for the life of me get that chin up link to work.

Could anyone show / describe the correct chin up grip / form?

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 65 of 325 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast