Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1805
    xlomar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok thanks and can I also do push legs pull because after deadlifts there is no way i fan squat the next day?.. shrugs on push can i also put them to pull cuz it seems that my traps are not optionally regenerated if i do them one day later or 2 days later in a back workout..? I followed u on insta btw

Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pungiish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xlomar View Post
    Ok thanks and can I also do push legs pull because after deadlifts there is no way i fan squat the next day?.. shrugs on push can i also put them to pull cuz it seems that my traps are not optionally regenerated if i do them one day later or 2 days later in a back workout..? I followed u on insta btw
    Sure you can. They are also discussing this in the thread. Yeah i followed you back

tehscrubby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been doing this routine since the end of November, thought it's time to change things up. Anything someone can recommend to change or add? Currently cutting, I think my diet is okay, lower cals, no sugar in coffee etc. Been off creatine for 2 weeks and invested in a whey and casein protein mix.

Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Supearman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tehscrubby View Post
    Been doing this routine since the end of November, thought it's time to change things up. Anything someone can recommend to change or add? Currently cutting, I think my diet is okay, lower cals, no sugar in coffee etc. Been off creatine for 2 weeks and invested in a whey and casein protein mix.
    No reason to hop off creatine when cutting, if anything you should use it

Lyle Mcdonald advises you to cut your volume to about 2/3rds of original. Basically from 3x5 to 2x5, 4x8 to 3x8 etc. in order to keep your strength and muscle as much as possible
    Squat PR: 235kg
    Bench PR: 170kg
    Deadlift PR: 280kg
    @78kg

tehscrubby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Supearman View Post
    No reason to hop off creatine when cutting, if anything you should use it

Lyle Mcdonald advises you to cut your volume to about 2/3rds of original. Basically from 3x5 to 2x5, 4x8 to 3x8 etc. in order to keep your strength and muscle as much as possible
    Oh? Well if that's the case, I'll just put some in my water when I hit the gym today, Monday would have been 2 weeks off of it.
    As for the sets, should I continue to do this routine and just do 1 set less on everything?

CMPunk0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can we replace the barbell rows with deadlifts, and everything else stays the same? I noticed that in the modified version (Spiderman997'S version) that you posted that other exercises had to be changed to compensate for putting deadlifts in the workout.

Also how many sets and reps for deadlifts?
    Last edited by CMPunk0; 03-20-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10) Todd_Gack is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tehscrubby View Post
    How have your gains been?

FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100) FuzzCod is not very well liked. (-100)
    Can I do the incline first and then OHP? I tried it today, but felt really tired on the incline.

FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FreeStylerX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.

Started this today.Felt Amazing.

#TimeForSomeGainzzzz

Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tonyy926 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FuzzCod View Post
    Can I do the incline first and then OHP? I tried it today, but felt really tired on the incline.
    Yeah thats probably a better idea, as front delts assist in incline movements and literally all pushing movements.
    I pull girls & do street interviews IRL, as seen on YouTube:

www.youtube.com/@thetruthtabletv

Natural athlete & Model from the Philippines.

https://www.instagram.com/thetonyd/

On a mission to help men gain confidence & improve their lives.

Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Starting this routine today!

bllitzer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Time between sets

[QUOTE=Coolcicada;982676643]PLEASE:

No debates about what routine is best.
    No debates about the usefulness of the deadlift.
    No debates about exercise selection and or frequency.

Thank you.

[B]You can put deadlift into back day. Whether you decide to do this is up to you, and whether it works better or worse is not to be debated here.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A ROUTINE WITH DEADLIFTS, PLEASE SEE SPIDERMAN997's ROUTINE BELOW:

IMO, Coolcicada's P/P/L is a intermediate routine. I would advise you to start with either Starting Strength (see thread at top of TBB section)

How long should I rest between sets say for bench compared to curls? Is it correct to assume since I'm doing only 5 reps of bench I wait about 3 mins between each set as it is targeted more towards strength?

nutters9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm coming back to gym after a 2 week break (back injury) nothing too serious. I was doing a very similar program to this P/P/L with deadlifts.
    Ive drawn up a new program, with both yours and spidermans programs.

what I'm wondering is on my days of I'm looking to do some cardio and basic core/abs stuff 3 exercises all 3 x 10. I am by no means a gym knowledge bank and most of my programs and ideas come from forums and gym buddies.

Seems to be a wealth of knowledge here and wanted your thoughts on this.

Cheers! (long time lurker, first time poster)

Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000) Ja8z is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi, wondering about rest times for the major exercises like bench, squat. I've been on ICF and PHAT and my rests have been between 3-5 mins should I keep that?

For all the other exercises I've got 90 seconds to 120 seconds rest.

I've read through 30 pages and I know rest times have been touched on slightly.

I've tried using 2 min rest and I can't seem to move the weight I used to do for reps

My stats where :
    1rm deadlift : 200kg
    1rm squat 180kg (just kissing parallel)
    5rm bench - 100kg

Now my bench has gone down and squat has gone down massively.

Thanks in advance

danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Had been doing this routine during my whole "off-season" and made awesome strength and hypertrophy gains. Now cutting with the same program but reduced volume (1 set less exercise), and everything seems to be going very well. Strength hasn't decreased much, nor has muscle mass. I was worried about recovery, but if you are training smart, this routine will also work well for cutting.
    Instagram - @mooddani

redblueye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I increase every exercise by 1 rep, ex. Flat Barbell Bench Press: 4x5, Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 4x5...etc, would it be too much volume?

jmich16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For those looking for a PPL with more exercises, this routine has been working well for me (listed in the order completed).

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
    Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x10-12
    Incline (Close Grip) Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
    Seated (Behind Neck) Overhead Press: 3x5
    Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
    Weighted Dips (Alternate between Elbows in and Elbows out): 4 x 8-10
    Shrugs (dumbbells): 3x10-12
    Flat Bench Dumbell Flys: 3x10-12
    Upright Barbell Row: 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
    Weighted Pullups: 3x10-12
    Seated Rows (circuit machine) or/and T-Bar Row with Handle: 3x8-10
    Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
    Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
    Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and wide grip): 4x10-12
    Hammer Curls: 3x10-12
    Spider Curls: 3x10-12
    Barbell Wrist Curls (alternate between palms up & palms down): 6x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
    Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12
    Leg Press: 3x8-10
    Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Weighted Walking Lunges: 3x10-12

In addition I do the following ab circuit every other day. These exercises are run as a circuit, i.e. 1 set of each exercise done sequentially without rest, repeated 3 times, with a 1-2 minute rest period between each circuit.

Abs (Upper, Inner, Outer, Lower)

Cable Crunch: 3x10-12
    Plank: 1:15-1:45
    Seated Barbell Twist: 3x10-12
    Hanging Leg Raises (alternate between flat leg and bent leg): 3x10-12

I usually do this program repeated 4 times with a rest day every 13th day so P/P/L/P/P/L/P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

I started out doing Coolcicada's original PPL but found as I advanced that the exercise load was to light and I wasn't being pushed hard enough during my lifiting. I consider this intermediate-advance program and good for anyone looking for the additional challenge on top of Coolcicada's great program.
    Last edited by jmich16; 05-27-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add in wrist curls to pull day

relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50) relejia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmich16 View Post
    For those looking for a PPL with more exercises, this routine has been working well for me (listed in the order completed).

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
    Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x10-12
    Incline (Close Grip) Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
    Seated (Behind Neck) Overhead Press: 3x5
    Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
    Weighted Dips (Alternate between Elbows in and Elbows out): 4 x 8-10
    Shrugs (dumbbells): 3x10-12
    Flat Bench Dumbell Flys: 3x10-12
    Upright Barbell Row: 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
    Weighted Pullups: 3x10-12
    Seated Rows (circuit machine) or/and T-Bar Row with Handle: 3x8-10
    Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
    Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
    Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and wide grip): 4x10-12
    Hammer Curls: 3x10-12
    Spider Curls: 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
    Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12
    Leg Press: 3x8-10
    Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
    Weighted Walking Lunges: 3x10-12

In addition I do the following ab circuit every other day. These exercises are run as a circuit, i.e. 1 set of each exercise done sequentially without rest, repeated 3 times, with a 1-2 minute rest period between each circuit.

Abs (Upper, Inner, Outer, Lower)

Cable Crunch: 3x10-12
    Plank: 1:15-1:45
    Seated Barbell Twist: 3x10-12
    Hanging Leg Raises (alternate between flat leg and bent leg): 3x10-12

I usually do this program repeated 4 times with a rest day every 13th day so P/P/L/P/P/L/P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

I started out doing Coolcicada's original PPL but found as I advanced that the exercise load was to light and I wasn't being pushed hard enough during my lifiting. I consider this intermediate-advance program and good for anyone looking for the additional challenge on top of Coolcicada's great program.
    da fack. the volume is strong within this one

ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChimiChizer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've tried the Pull day, and it was awesome
    My question is: do you do the barbell rows overhand or underhand?

Kendahlj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will this work as a M/W/F workout? Monday - Push, Wed - Pull, and Friday - Legs?

I'm a beginner and very overweight. I don't have the time to do a program that is six days a week of lifting, and I also am cutting and want to keep my daily cardio workout. Just looking to add some strength and some muscle to help burn fat.

Thanks in advance.

Oskidur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kendahlj View Post
    Will this work as a M/W/F workout? Monday - Push, Wed - Pull, and Friday - Legs?

I'm a beginner and very overweight. I don't have the time to do a program that is six days a week of lifting, and I also am cutting and want to keep my daily cardio workout. Just looking to add some strength and some muscle to help burn fat.

Thanks in advance.
    Try a upper/lower then or ICF 5x5 is really good.

If you haven't hit the gym before then i personally think that you will benefit from this program.

Good luck man.

sorry for the english, it's not my primary langauge.

Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ChimiChizer View Post
    I've tried the Pull day, and it was awesome
    My question is: do you do the barbell rows overhand or underhand?
    I see people doing them underhand in youtube videos.

edit: My question would be, how did this routine get popular with an op that doesn't have any pictures up of how he looks (aka I would rather take advice for a non DYEL ******* than a DYEL *******)

Would add dips, pull ups, and lunges (aka one exercise to each day) (not a question)

curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000) curtainbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Maxlol200 View Post
    I see people doing them underhand in youtube videos.

edit: My question would be, how did this routine get popular with an op that doesn't have any pictures up of how he looks (aka I would rather take advice for a non DYEL ******* than a DYEL *******)

Would add dips, pull ups, and lunges (aka one exercise to each day) (not a question)
    > claims he wont take advise from DYEL *******
    >is a DYEL ******* himself and is imparting advise
    Fork the world up

Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maxlol200 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by curtainbrah View Post
    > claims he wont take advise from DYEL *******
    >is a DYEL ******* himself and is imparting advise
    not DYEL in my high school for sure. lol

but a no avi trying to say I'm DYEL? just lol

But the major point, you ignored what I said, I would RATHER take advice from a non DYEL than a DYEL. asked how routine got popular / if it works for others (how op looks)

stay red *******

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maxlol200 View Post
    But the major point, you ignored what I said, I would RATHER take advice from a non DYEL than a DYEL. asked how routine got popular / if it works for others (how op looks)

Lol, in all seriousness some people have posted their strength gains in the thread. It's up to you if you want to follow the routine. At the end of day, it is still a great template to base your routine off of. I think the effectiveness of this routine is why it got popular and spread through word of mouth. I have not bumped this thread for a long time, yet, it shows thousands more views.

Not sure how accurate the view counter is but it should speak for itself.
    Misc Cologne Crew

Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000) Aaronza is a name known to all. (+5000)
    been atleast a year since ive been on this routine, cant wait to start my bulk again on it das it men

Originally Posted by Coolcicada View Post

Lol, in all seriousness some people have posted their strength gains in the thread. It's up to you if you want to follow the routine. At the end of day, it is still a great template to base your routine off of. I think the effectiveness of this routine is why it got popular and spread through word of mouth. I have not bumped this thread for a long time, yet, it shows thousands more views.

Not sure how accurate the view counter is but it should speak for itself.
    I see.
    Can't wait to try out this routine out, I'll be trying it as soon as I come back to my home town where I can access a gym (no gym for 2 months where im at)

It is surprising to me how it got popular although as I usually assumed routines that get popular are made by shredded people (couldnt find a picture of you).

But yeah, I see people saying that this is good so I will give it a go and add just a few stuff.

If no gains are made after 3 months then I will do something else (im 100% sure ill make gains although and I'll try to do this for a year if possible)

ManChild716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In regards to DL, what is the rep range and sets if you want to include on Coolcicada PPL. I'm not interested in Spider's.

exilestar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP what exercise would you recommend instead of hammer curls,can i do dumbell curls instead?

joseal94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey one question.. on push days can i switch from flat barbell bench to flat dumbell bench?