Page 53 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 5407
    mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So I finally found some "Ivanko" 10s, 5s, and 2.5s to go with my rubber Revolvers. The seller had them listed as "Vintage unbranded Ivankos." They're pretty much completely unmarked. How can I tell if these plates are genuine?
    Attached Images
    BlueCollarBarbell.com - Long Island Powerlifting - CAN'T FAKE STRENGTH!

"The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, struggling to catch their breath, well past the point of exhaustion... when no one else is watching."

"Don't have $100 shoes and a 10¢ squat" - Louie Simmons

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mstngvic View Post
    So I finally found some "Ivanko" 10s, 5s, and 2.5s to go with my rubber Revolvers. The seller had them listed as "Vintage unbranded Ivankos." They're pretty much completely unmarked. How can I tell if these plates are genuine?
    They look like them. Are the center holes milled?

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Those look like Ivanko to me!

Unless, they have Ivanko written around the center hole in the back, you won't be able to tell. I'm pretty sure those plates won't have it written on them.

If you want some small Ivanko plates, you might want to grab them before someone else does.
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 11-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dumb.bell View Post
    Those look like Ivanko to me!

Unless, they have Ivanko written around the center hole in the back, you won't be able to tell. I'm pretty sure those plates won't have it written on them.

If you want some small Ivanko plates, you might want to grab them before someone else does.
    Oh I bought them already - that pic is them in my basement! I'm not one to hesitate, I like a gamble. I only paid about $1/lb so I figured why not.

The center holes appear to be milled - they have small grooves in them. The plates appear to be fairly old, but also used very little. They're of excellent casting quality, finish, etc, and fit perfectly on my bar, even when compared with my newer Revolvers.

They'll help fill out my set of Ivanko goodies. And I got an Ivanko poster from Vinko himself - messaged Ivanko on ******** asking where I could buy one and they offered to just send me one - very cool of them. Now I just need an Ivanko bar...
    Attached Images
    BlueCollarBarbell.com - Long Island Powerlifting - CAN'T FAKE STRENGTH!

"The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, struggling to catch their breath, well past the point of exhaustion... when no one else is watching."

"Don't have $100 shoes and a 10¢ squat" - Louie Simmons

cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    You at least owe me pics bro. ;-)
    This is the only one I have right now

10x45, 9x35, 6x25, 11x10, 5x5... Now I just need to find a pair of 2.5 rubos

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cux View Post

Sweet!

Glad someone on here got them.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The unbranded plates were sold by a club member. They look legit to me. They were painted.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) darren.dugan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Niiiiice. Did you wind up paying the asking price?
    Celer, Silens, Mortalis - - - - - Meet Lifts: 584/385/600 @ 229 - - - - - Gym Lifts: 600/405/605

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #43 []---[]

cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cux is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by darren.dugan View Post
    Niiiiice. Did you wind up paying the asking price?
    Yup, full 650. Made no attempt to negotiate. Apparently she had a lot of interest after changing the listing. Said I was the only person to say I wanted it, was coming to buy it, and then actually followed through.

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup, full 650. Made no attempt to negotiate. Apparently she had a lot of interest after changing the listing. Said I was the only person to say I wanted it, was coming to buy it, and then actually followed through.
    That's a great deal on the plates, the reason that you got the deal is because of all the cheapa$$es that won't buy "it all", and come up with $650 cash, couldn't pull the trigger. The best deals are almost always large and from people that don't want to break a grouping up. Good luck with them. repped.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by judgecrandall View Post
    Excellent point. It's always nice to hear about other people's great deals, but people often forget about all the unique circumstances that go into deals, like the market, condition of the equipment, how far away the seller is, why and how quickly the seller wants to get rid of the equipment, and so on. I'm somewhat guilty of deal envy (as I'm sure we all are to some extent), but I'm mostly just happy for whoever gets a deal. I also realize that I'm not as willing or able (especially now) to drive all over looking for deals - I think way too many people expect a great deal to show up down the street from them, without realizing how many miles some of the members here have under their belts in pursuit of equipment.
    One other factor -- and I’ve seen this with the little that I collect -- is that eventually via the internet word-of-mouth (like these forums!) stuff gets publicized and then the unknowing seller just does a google search and finds out what an item is “worth" that he might’ve not previously known much about and priced accordingly low. And once everyone gets hip to how desirable certain products are on the used market, the price goes up (sometimes way too much!) -- I’ve seen this on ebay too when I was collecting certain types of industrial tooling by little known makers.

Bar pricing new is a weird thing. And doesn’t always accord with quality -- though in general it probably does (after you factor in a host of other things). There might be, for example, 20 processes (I’ve picked an arbitrary number) you do to a bar (not all of them required and not all of them apparent) and you can find one guy who can do process A for X and another guy who will do it for 5X. And you only “need" the 5X if you are going to do processes y and z. (Because doing process z is contingent upon having done process “a" very well or the results for “z” aren’t good) If you don’t do process z, then some would argue that the more expensive process “a” isn’t necessary).

Also the guy doing the full 20 (usually because he wants to as a matter of pride or because he thinks that to not do them is not to do the thing right at all) sometimes ends up having less profit than another guy. And that other guy can use the final price of the original guy as a “barometer” and set his price accordingly. And sometimes you pay more (relatively) for something that’s made to a less exacting standard but the final cost is less.

I’m not sure that I can get any more vague than that

For me, one of the most interesting “design” questions to occupy my mind lately is whether its desirable (and if so, how) to strike a balance between an ideal and what some would consider the more practical. That though leads into a thorny thicket of questions: what is practical and for whom is it practical and why. Not to mention the question of the “ideal”. And what do we mean by that, and couldn’t it be argued that the ideal is the practical. Or is that just a compromise. Questions to ponder in life and in the making of Olympic bars
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

Registered User IvankoBarbellCo's Avatar
    IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IvankoBarbellCo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by morebarbell View Post
    Good stuff, skinny.

I just noticed ballet barres on the Ivanko website. Is that new? Those of you with daughters might have a good excuse to tell the wife for ordering a new bar or plate set... may as well pick up a few other things along with that ballet barre for your little girl.

http://ivankobarbell.com/products/ballet_barres/

A member of the Ivanko family has been making these since 1952 and we decided to combine forces and start to offer these. Haven’t finalized all the info yet. It’s not as weird of a thing as you’d think as in the old days I remember weightlifters and NFL players and others doing basic ballet for some of the same reasons people might do yoga today. Actually, come to think of it, I remember yoga at all the old trade show in the 70’s and the yoga people were always considered to be extreme and now it’s so mainstream.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #50 ()---()

Ivanko Barbell Company
    official website: www.ivankobarbell.com

View: //www.instagram.com/ivankobarbell
    Join: //www.********.com/ivankobarbell
    Follow: //www.twitter.com/ivankobarbell
    Watch: //www.youtube.com/ivankobarbell
    Newsletter: http://www.ivankobarbell.com/contact.html

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IvankoBarbellCo View Post
    One other factor -- and I’ve seen this with the little that I collect -- is that eventually via the internet word-of-mouth (like these forums!) stuff gets publicized and then the unknowing seller just does a google search and finds out what an item is “worth" that he might’ve not previously known much about and priced accordingly low. And once everyone gets hip to how desirable certain products are on the used market, the price goes up (sometimes way too much!) -- I’ve seen this on ebay too when I was collecting certain types of industrial tooling by little known makers.

Bar pricing new is a weird thing. And doesn’t always accord with quality -- though in general it probably does (after you factor in a host of other things). There might be, for example, 20 processes (I’ve picked an arbitrary number) you do to a bar (not all of them required and not all of them apparent) and you can find one guy who can do process A for X and another guy who will do it for 5X. And you only “need" the 5X if you are going to do processes y and z. (Because doing process z is contingent upon having done process “a" very well or the results for “z” aren’t good) If you don’t do process z, then some would argue that the more expensive process “a” isn’t necessary).

Also the guy doing the full 20 (usually because he wants to as a matter of pride or because he thinks that to not do them is not to do the thing right at all) sometimes ends up having less profit than another guy. And that other guy can use the final price of the original guy as a “barometer” and set his price accordingly. And sometimes you pay more (relatively) for something that’s made to a less exacting standard but the final cost is less.

I’m not sure that I can get any more vague than that

For me, one of the most interesting “design” questions to occupy my mind lately is whether its desirable (and if so, how) to strike a balance between an ideal and what some would consider the more practical. That though leads into a thorny thicket of questions: what is practical and for whom is it practical and why. Not to mention the question of the “ideal”. And what do we mean by that, and couldn’t it be argued that the ideal is the practical. Or is that just a compromise. Questions to ponder in life and in the making of Olympic bars

Vinko,

The "design" question that has been occupying your mind lately is one that you are not alone in. Many great companies with premium products have pondered this before you. I would like to take a moment to talk to you about their solutions, since I have a deep respect for your company. You have both an excellent product and reputation, both of which are hard to acquire and easy to lose. With that said, it is quite possible to accomplish a product with 90% utility at 1/2 cost (these numbers are, of course, relative examples).

My case studies for you are Gibson Guitars and Toyota Motor. I believe your company is similar to Gibson: you both make premium products within your respective markets that hold their value for a long time; you both appeal to similar market segments - those who have more disposable income and those who are dedicated to their respective activity and can appreciate the increased quality even though they don't have a high level of disposable income; and finally, you have maintained a pristine reputation and level of quality that has not diminished with time. Although you are not like Toyota, there are many lessons to be learned from them. They are a middle-market product that has found a way to tackle similar issues involving market share, quality, and price concerns that Gibson had to adress.

With Gibson, they had a competitor in Fender. Fender made a quality product, though not quite as nice as Gibsons, but they offered their guitars at a fraction of the price of Gibson's. Both companies were iconic, but they did not sell to the same market. In order for Gibson to begin competing more directly with Fender without sacraficing market share it had already earned, they created a seperate line of guitars known as Epiphone. These guitars carried the moniker "Epiphone, by Gibson," capitalizing on the premium branding but at a fraction of the price. For reference, a high end Gibson is around $2,000+ while a high end Epiphone is around $500+. The Epiphone, if you are blindfolded, is 90% of the guitar that a Gibson is. Tone, finish, etc are close if not quite perfect. For many consumers, the unachievable dream of acquiring a Gibson was now within their grasp.

Toyota went about it in the opposite manner. They were like Fender, and needed to find a way to compete with the luxury car brands. They developed the Lexus line. With this line, they did not attatch their name to the brand (no Lexus, by Toyota) since that would make the product seem less luxurious. The story unfolded similarly to Gibson's though. Toyota went one step further with Scion: they created low/mid priced product with a different marketing strategy to capture a more niche section of the market. This particular product has less "options" than their Toyota brand, streamlining production and lowering their costs while making a product of similar quality to their main brand. An interesting approach indeed.

I have said all this to say, in essence, I think it would be absolutely wise to create a second brand, like Gibson, that makes fantastic products at a lower price point. I believe this is within the realm of something you can accomplish and I believe it would expand your market share and your bottom line.

I would try to type more, in more detail, but I'm sending this from my phone. Please forgive any typing mistakes.

gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gene19728 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ivanko pickup

I picked up some Ivanko items that needed to be saved. The KG plates are in rough shape sadly and one of the collars is missing the bar. The unbranded 45's look good. I collect York so if anyone interested in a trade/deal let me know. I'm in Jersey.

photo 1 (73).JPGphoto 2 (75).JPGphoto 3 (62).JPGphoto 4 (38).JPGphoto 5 (19).JPG
    "If your going to be a bear, be a grizzly!"
    ()---() York Barbell Club #44 (DD)()---()
    ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    None of the following are my post:
    http://charlotte.craigslist.org/spo/4163966841.html
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...155675426.html
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/spo/4168582356.html
    http://york.craigslist.org/spo/4179041144.html
    http://delaware.craigslist.org/spo/4197264013.html
    just thought someone may be in those areas and looking....so i thought to post up.
    on another note,

ide like to join up with this crew, support and give to its cause,
    but i do not have an army of plates like some of you,
    i just have an Ivanko obx-20kg barbell, and a pair of Ivanko 35lb dumbbells. (pics attached)
    so share your thoughts with me,

& if anyone ever wants to sell a set of revolvers either the ROZEH or OMEZH in 45's, 35's & 25's ide be interested to buy them.
    Attached Images
    "YOU CAN MAKE ANOTHER EXCUSE OR MAKE A COMMITMENT."
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #46 ▪██─────██▪
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got my bar a couple days ago from fitnessedgeonline. Unfortunately due to an amazon mixup, I got sent the OB-20kg from ivanko instead of the center knurled version. I didn't load the bar up or decrease it, but it felt amazing. Very similar too the rogue Ohio bar, but much more precise and stiff. I was surprised at the knurling - definitely not near as coarse as I was expecting. It should be a great all around bar though.

King of All Standards SkinnySquats's Avatar
    SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by prepremed View Post
    I got my bar a couple days ago from fitnessedgeonline. Unfortunately due to an amazon mixup, I got sent the OB-20kg from ivanko instead of the center knurled version. I didn't load the bar up or decrease it, but it felt amazing. Very similar too the rogue Ohio bar, but much more precise and stiff. I was surprised at the knurling - definitely not near as coarse as I was expecting. It should be a great all around bar though.
    Bummer. You don't plan on exchanging it?
    RARE. VTG. HTF.

()---() York Barbell Club #42 ()---() []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #39 []---[]

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a crapload of CAP rubber plates that I bought a year ago (stupid mistake) for my new home gym. Unfortunately they are already cracking and leave a lot of rubber dust (keep in mind Chinese rubber dust!) so I've decided to dump them. Unfortunately Ivankos are never available used within 4-6 hours from me so I have to buy new. I just purchased the following OMEZH plates for $2100 shipped

•(2) 1.25 lb.
    •(4) 2.5 lb.
    •(6) 5 lb.
    •(6) 10 lb.
    •(4) 25 lb.
    •(2) 35 lb.
    •(14) 45 lb.

Ultimately I'll need another pair of 25's and possibly another pair of 45's. I have a leg press that I usually load with up to 16-18 45s. I can throw on some 35s for now. I also have three pairs of 45lb bumpers that I can stack on in the meantime.
    My Home Gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1070090281&viewfull=1#post1070090281

prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000) prepremed is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnySquats View Post
    Bummer. You don't plan on exchanging it?
    sorry about that, post was hastily written on my phone

I sat on it for a day and had near convinced myself that I'd keep it, but then decided against being stupid. Fitnessedgeonline made things right and paid for return shipping. They have an OBX20-KG in stock that should be going out tomorrow, so I luckily won't have to wait for it to come straight from Ivanko again. Definitely A+ customer service

Originally Posted by BAVE View Post
    I have a crapload of CAP rubber plates that I bought a year ago (stupid mistake) for my new home gym. Unfortunately they are already cracking and leave a lot of rubber dust (keep in mind Chinese rubber dust!) so I've decided to dump them. Unfortunately Ivankos are never available used within 4-6 hours from me so I have to buy new. I just purchased the following OMEZH plates for $2100 shipped

•(2) 1.25 lb.
    •(4) 2.5 lb.
    •(6) 5 lb.
    •(6) 10 lb.
    •(4) 25 lb.
    •(2) 35 lb.
    •(14) 45 lb.

Ultimately I'll need another pair of 25's and possibly another pair of 45's. I have a leg press that I usually load with up to 16-18 45s. I can throw on some 35s for now. I also have three pairs of 45lb bumpers that I can stack on in the meantime.
    was this you? : )

BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000) BAVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was considering going with rubber ivankos but the cracking and damage to the rubber caps vs my previous cap iron plates (used for 10 years) swayed me against it. My gym is attached to my master bedroom so the rubbers quietness was the only pro. I also prefer the narrower profile of metal plates.
    My Home Gym:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1070090281&viewfull=1#post1070090281

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

•(2) 1.25 lb.
    •(4) 2.5 lb.
    •(6) 5 lb.
    •(6) 10 lb.
    •(4) 25 lb.
    •(2) 35 lb.
    •(14) 45 lb.

I would love to see photos of the delivery. Enjoy the new plates.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swoonfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by prepremed View Post
    was this you? : )

This was me actually, ... glad i reached another member here on the forum.

---
    ON A SIDE NOTE:
    Dose anyone here live in Denver?, i had a question to ask.
    Last edited by swoonfitness; 11-28-2013 at 01:25 PM.

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by swoonfitness View Post
    This was me actually, ... glad i reached another member here on the forum.

---
    ON A SIDE NOTE:
    Dose anyone here live in Denver?, i had a question to ask.
    yup I live in Denver. Ask away.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #66 ▪█──────█▪

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #44 []---[]

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdforsy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

•(2) 1.25 lb.
    •(4) 2.5 lb.
    •(6) 5 lb.
    •(6) 10 lb.
    •(4) 25 lb.
    •(2) 35 lb.
    •(14) 45 lb.

Sweet Dude! You'll love them, I promise!

My home gym https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1552985721#post1552985721

Originally Posted by jdforsy View Post
    yup I live in Denver. Ask away.
    On "bikeforum(dot)net" I am a Facilitator, I was wondering if you would be willing to Facilitate for me?
    I can pay you a fee or return the favor when you need something sent to you from either Los Angeles/San Diego area
    or Orange County/ Laguna Beach area where i live.

i would pay for all cost of shipping and materials, can send payment either paypal or any other preferred form.
    & can also share/give you my ebay page for you to view my 100% positive feedback.

would you be willing to help me out Jdforsy?

On "bikeforum(dot)net" I am a Facilitator, I was wondering if you would be willing to Facilitate for me?
    I can pay you a fee or return the favor when you need something sent to you from either Los Angeles/San Diego area
    or Orange County/ Laguna Beach area where i live.

i would pay for all cost of shipping and materials, can send payment either paypal or any other preferred form.
    & can also share/give you my ebay page for you to view my 100% positive feedback.

would you be willing to help me out Jdforsy?
    What are you looking to get faciltated?

USPS LARGE size box:
    Outside:12 1/4" x 12 1/4" x 6"
    Inside: 12" x 12" x 5 1/2"

i would need your help to pick up, put it in the box, and drop it off at a USPS store so they can ship it to me with a tracking number.

King of All Standards SkinnySquats's Avatar
    SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnySquats is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    USPS LARGE size box:
    Outside:12 1/4" x 12 1/4" x 6"
    Inside: 12" x 12" x 5 1/2"

i would need your help to pick up, put it in the box, and drop it off at a USPS store so they can ship it to me with a tracking number.
    There's this thing, called PM..
    RARE. VTG. HTF.

()---() York Barbell Club #42 ()---() []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #39 []---[]

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    or Orange County/ Laguna Beach area where i live...
    Thats sort of like having lobster flown in from Chicago when you live on the coast of Maine. Ivanko is located in that area and you could pick up new plates directly from them. Also used revolvers pop up on Craigslist frequently in that area. I wish my local Craigslist was even one fourth as good as the one in your area. If you are patient, you should have no problem finding something local.

Here are some slotted plates with a STAINLESS bar that I posted in the Craigslist thread a while back:
    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/4213531190.html

Here are some more slotted plates:
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...210270048.html
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Page 53 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast