Page 51 of 203 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 6080
    bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats on pulling out a 100 repper. You are a monster!
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitmom43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    --------- SRC x2 Challenge (BW = about 195 lbs)
    195 x 100 --- rest-pause at reps: 27, 45, 60, 72, and 88
    ^^^ This is truly AMAZING!!!! Working through the pain and owning it!! that is the sign of a true professional!

Impressions:

This is what journals are all about! Inspiring each other and challenging each other to go beyond what we think we are capable of. I receive so much motivation for people in these journals than I ever do from anyone in my real life. Most family and friends just don't understand why we do what we do. The last time I was at the gym and had an intense workout to the point of running to the ladies room to be sick, one of my friends was on the treadmill. She came running in after me to make sure I was okay. I come out of the stall and there she is glaring at me. She says "I don't understand why you do this to yourself, what's the point? You have a serious sickness this is not healthy" LOL I just smiled and walked away from her and continued to finish my workout. Honestly if this is a sickness I really never want to be cured

The WTF? BB.com moment of the day:

A comment on the mharrislove BodySpace profile page in 2010:

The MHL response in 2011...

DONE. Next...

I can't wait to see what's next!!!!

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

* Page Bump * Day 4: Endurance Phase - 12 weeks of off-season training to go

Quads w/biceps + forearms

**Special Edition**
    MHL Takes on the 2nd Chance
    SRC x 2 Mission

Fueled by only 2 hours of sleep, I wasn't sure if I was up for this. Let's just hope that extra scoop of Jack3d does the job...

warm up:
    • standing DB presses, 1 x 15
    • standing DB curls, 1 x 10
    • DB squats, 1 x 10
    • pull ups, 1 x 10
    • hyperextensions, 1 x 10
    • leg extensions, 1 x 15, 100 lb plate

QUADS

Back squats (in power rack, using weight belt; no wraps)
    bar x 10 wu
    135 x 10 wu
    225 x 10 wu --- quads feel up for 400 lbs; low back feels up for 315 lbs at best...

@#$%^&!... I would have added a "take that 2nd_Chance" to the post title, but I'm sure I didn't quite do these David style. My butt never hit the floor or the bench until the very end, but I did have to rack it a few times for a 15 - 30 sec breather to get through this gauntlet. But trust me, if you're not loaded with type 1 fibers (and even if you are), this is still a formidable challenge.

I have never had a true fail at a squat. I mean, I don't train at Westside BB Club or somewhere that has suspension chains for true squatting to failure. If I feel a fail coming on, that usually means a half-assed quarter rep and then rack it. But at this weight, you feel capable of trying to come out of the hole each time. So, as my legs got wobbly, I had a couple of reps where I nearly did not make it back up.

Therefore, these pink DB squats were probably my most intense ever since I came the closest to true failure in the rack.

Quads had an insane pump afterward. Just ridiculous. I was tempted to take a photo of the wheels, but all of my pics are taken cold (to really judge progress) and I wasn't up to the task anyway...

The SRC x 2 had me down on one knee at the end...

Reverse hack squats (narrow stance; on leg press/hack squat combo machine; weight from single side)
    100 lb plate x 10
    100 lb plate x 10
    100 lb plate x 10

These were crazy hard after the SRC x2 reps...

Leg extensions
    100 lb plate x 20 --- done...

BICEPS/FOREARMS

Standing DB curls: standard curls supersetted with Hammer curls (super strict form)
    30 x 10 / 40 x 10
    30 x 10 / 40 x 10
    30 x 10 / 40 x 10
    30 x 10 / 40 x 8

BB Preacher curls (strict form; slow descent w/peak contraction)
    75 x 10
    75 x 10
    75 x 10 --- rest/pause, reps 8-10

Standing BB wrist curls
    75 x 25
    75 x 25
    75 x 25

Impressions:

The WTF? BB.com moment of the day:

A comment on the mharrislove BodySpace profile page in 2010:

DONE. Next...

"First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Just a quick " hi"! Happy Sunday!
    Hey, Ms Mac. Between the crazy workout and then helping a friend to move into a new apartment, I will have to have my "Sunday" on Monday.

Originally Posted by camau71 View Post
    The pain generated from a 100 rep set of squats can only be described as... exquisite! Nice work.
    Thank you very much. I had to overcome a moment of doubt around 50 reps, but somehow found a way to keep going.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Next week, everyone will be going on two hours of sleep and an sxtra scoop of Jack3d....if these are the types of results which be had with that program.
    Oh man, there has got to be a better way!

Originally Posted by Getsum View Post
    Amazing job man! 100 rep squats, who comes up with something as sadistic as that?! That just scares me! Great workout.
    Oh, that's easy:

These guys...

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Dayummmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

-=FLEX=-
    Thanks, man! It's no 475 for ATG reps, but it has a place of its own in Dante's Inferno.

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Congrats on pulling out a 100 repper. You are a monster!
    Thanks! Feels good, man. (Well, not really, but you know what I mean!)

Originally Posted by fitmom43 View Post
    ^^^ This is truly AMAZING!!!! Working through the pain and owning it!! that is the sign of a true professional!
    Thanks for the kudos and the cool image!

This is what journals are all about! Inspiring each other and challenging each other to go beyond what we think we are capable of. I receive so much motivation for people in these journals than I ever do from anyone in my real life. Most family and friends just don't understand why we do what we do. The last time I was at the gym and had an intense workout to the point of running to the ladies room to be sick, one of my friends was on the treadmill. She came running in after me to make sure I was okay. I come out of the stall and there she is glaring at me. She says "I don't understand why you do this to yourself, what's the point? You have a serious sickness this is not healthy" LOL I just smiled and walked away from her and continued to finish my workout. Honestly if this is a sickness I really never want to be cured
    Once again, your post shows why you will always be welcome here.

Folks like to distinguish "real life" from the "internetz", but any interaction marked by authenticity is real life. The motivation, and the resultant action, is real.

I can't wait to see what's next!!!!
    That makes two of us...

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Outstanding MHL. Wheels are looking mean.

Impressive volume is impressive. Someday....someday.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    [center] **Special Edition**
    SRC x 2 Mission
    To start with..... I'm pretty humbled that you even mention me in your journal.

Fueled by only 2 hours of sleep, I wasn't sure if I was up for this. Let's just hope that extra scoop of Jack3d does the job...
    The extra scoop always come through

bar x 10 wu
    135 x 10 wu
    225 x 10 wu --- quads feel up for 400 lbs; low back feels up for 315 lbs at best...
    That's what I'm talkin about! Although, if you check I did 101

Double-checked my RPs and they are scary close lol:
    Mine: 35, 50, 65, 75, 86

@#$%^&!... I would have added a "take that 2nd_Chance" to the post title, but I'm sure I didn't quite do these David style. My butt never hit the floor or the bench until the very end, but I did have to rack it a few times for a 15 - 30 sec breather to get through this gauntlet. But trust me, if you're not loaded with type 1 fibers (and even if you are), this is still a formidable challenge.
    Be prepared for a special kind of DOMS brother

Impressions:

At least my picture didn't come under the WTF heading!!!
    David

Originally Posted by Meatpants View Post
    Outstanding MHL. Wheels are looking mean.
    Thanks, MP. During the last competitive season, I did not hit a single pose that highlighted wheels. I am determined to not repeat that omission in 2011.

Impressive volume is impressive. Someday....someday.
    Within every athlete lies the power to nut up occasionally. That time may be closer than you think.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    To start with..... I'm pretty humbled that you even mention me in your journal.
    No problem, bro. It's the least I can do since you went viral with the SRC x 2.

The extra scoop always come through
    Maybe you have a point...

That's what I'm talkin about! Although, if you check I did 101
    ...dammit...

Double-checked my RPs and they are scary close lol:
    Mine: 35, 50, 65, 75, 86
    ^^^ That's just crazy! Now I'm convinced I made a RP recording error for sure!!!

Be prepared for a special kind of DOMS brother
    To post-exercise intramuscular pH changes, local inflammation, and microtrauma: "Come at me, bro!"

At least my picture didn't come under the WTF heading!!!
    No way. I'll save that for the next time you do two shoulder workouts in one session again!

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quads w/biceps + forearms

[center] **Special Edition**
    SRC x 2 Mission

In!!

Wow! Awesome quads, MHL. Totally hilarious response to bodyspace post too. Take that!

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just wow man! 100 reps at BW is just INSANE! I just cant imagine

Great work brother. Keep it up.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

r u living your signature Doc.Happy's Avatar
    Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    so are you and david going to start the O35 100 rep squat club?
    "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. for the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. and let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent work brother.

It's funny you took up the Reeves monstrosity...this attached pic reflects my crib notes over the weekend and, when I mentioned previously that I was on the precipice of a shift in the 5x5 paradigm...I believe it hath arrived.

Great minds indeed.

Attached Images

Originally Posted by righter View Post

Wow! Awesome quads, MHL. Totally hilarious response to bodyspace post too. Take that!
    Being on swole is the best revenge...

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    Just wow man! 100 reps at BW is just INSANE! I just cant imagine

Great work brother. Keep it up.
    Will do, man. Besides, until my back comes around, this is one of the few ways that I can get in a truly sick leg workout!

Originally Posted by Doc.Happy View Post
    so are you and david going to start the O35 100 rep squat club?
    I dunno... It takes a lot to make a club work. Too many members (a highly unlikely scenario in this case) and the club becomes unruly, and too few members (the most likely scenario) and the club dies on the vine. It's probably best that we remain independently crazy.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Excellent work brother.

It's funny you took up the Reeves monstrosity...this attached pic reflects my crib notes over the weekend and, when I mentioned previously that I was on the precipice of a shift in the 5x5 paradigm...I believe it hath arrived.

Great minds indeed.
    Wow...that timing is remarkable. I look forward to seeing what you have planned.

KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KingLerxst has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dang MHL...when I grow up I wanna move iron like you do bro. Your routines are intense! Very impressive as always.

Day 5: Endurance Phase - 12 weeks of off-season training to go

Delts w/calves

"Whatever you can do

or dream you can, begin it.

Boldness has genius,

and magic and power in it.

Begin it now.”

– Goethe

January 2009: three months
    into my return to lifting,
    but no dietary changes...

August 2009: counting calories
    and about 20 lbs lighter...

April 2011: after raising complete hell
    in the gym for 12 months after my first
    Open Class BBing competition

I am a complete wreck after doing the SRC x 2 Squat Mission at 5 AM, and then helping a friend move into a new apartment AND office from 11 AM to 5 PM yesterday. Nonetheless, sh!t's gotta' get done.

I had taken some pride in protecting my worthless AC joint during the workout, only to work it half to death during the moving activities. Oh well. I took extra precautions during the delt workout to preserve the joint as best I can.

Today is the last Endurance Phase workout, and the next rest day can't come soon enough!

DELTS

warm up:
    • standing DB presses, 1 x 15
    • dips --- skipped to save shoulder
    • pull ups --- skipped to save shoulder
    • int/ext shoulder rotation (rotator cuff), 3 x 6-10
    • seated military presses, 5 x 10, going from 20 lbs to 100 lbs

"Exploratory" seated DB presses - the main goal here was to see if I could clear the DBs and do full reps with moderate weight without further damaging the shoulder
    40 x 10
    50 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    60 x 10
    50 x 10
    50 x 10

Hammer machine shoulder presses (Stack weight version of the machine)
    100 x 12
    120 x 12
    140 x 12
    160 x 12
    180 x 12
    200 x 12
    200 x 12

Machine laterals - the leaning laterals irritated the shoulder the last time around
    30 x 10
    35 x 10
    40 x 10
    35 x 10

Unilateral cable laterals - needed a tad more volume to finish things off...
    20 x 12
    20 x 12
    20 x 15 --- that did it; delts are pumped!

Steering wheel front raises (front raise, turn right and front raise, turn left)
    45 lb plate x 20
    45 lb plate x 20
    45 lb plate x 20

This challenged the AC joint a little, but it was OK

Shrugs
    skipped to avoid joint compression

The "Take that you lazy bastard!!!" Set

Machine pec flyes (LifeFitness; stack weight)
    120 x 12
    140 x 12
    180 x 12
    210 x 12 --- drop set
    --> 180 x 8
    ---> 140 x 6

Using a "bear hug" arm posture and limiting shoulder flexion helped these to be bearable on my shoulder; great chest MMC goin' on right here!

CALVES

Recumbent "standing" heel raises
    130 x 15
    150 x 15
    170 x 15
    190 x 15
    210 x 15
    170 x 15
    130 x 20

"Grandpa's" heel raises
    -------- w/knee flexed
    170 x 15
    190 x 15
    210 x 15
    210 x 15
    190 x 15
    170 x 25

Impressions:

Joint issues
    What can I say? This sucks, but I'm being pragmatic about it. I hate it for multiple reasons, but I especially hate it because I have been making great strides in my bench press technique and only recently joined the "300 Club." But you know, I have less than 12 weeks of off-season work to go. And that will be gone in a blink of an eye. More and more I have been subconsciously moving towards a more conventional BBer program as my contest date looms. And to be honest, the nicks and dings in he shoulder joint and low back have forced the issue as well.

So, I am coming to terms with shutting down the "300 Club" and "400 Club" (squats, of course) as I get my swole on while preserving the joints for the battle that lies ahead. I will not be able to afford injury time when trying to preserve LBM on limited cals this summer. I have also considered a focused bout of "seasonal" strength training in late winter similar to what IronWill does. It will be off-season for me again, and therefore, a chance to gradually bring the Big 4 lifts back up to par - hopefully with healthy joints along for the ride.

It will depend on how the shows go. If I get my ass handed to me, then it's back to off-season mode. But if I'm successful, then there are really challenging shows to consider in the Spring (which would delay a true off-season).

Decisions
    My current periodization scheme has been über-productive. I consider my gains in the wheels and overall strength to be a validation of my approach and my abilities. However, I have some ideas about how to work around my joint problems that may render my current training phases meaningless. So, I will be thinking long and hard about altering the periodization schedule to serve my contest prep needs until 2012.

Finally, I need to think about the contests themselves. I have been talking to folks like Rpaul11 and others about venturing out into other BB organizations that would put me up against recent users of "enhanced supplements", so I need to make up my mind about playing David to their Goliath. I will send in applications and commit to a line up of shows in about a month or so.

The WTF? Gym Moment of the Day: The seated low cable row machine sits in the middle of the gym with a large mirror placed only on the right side of the machine, about 25 feet away. Typically, when you do a cable row, you are facing the damn stack anyway, so I do not think that I have ever viewed myself in the mirror doing cable rows.

But lo and behold, here was this guy who was lookin' like he was driving through the Allegheny Mountains on a single lane highway while watching for falling rocks. With every rep he would gooseneck towards the mirror on the right with Linda Blair-like range of motion.

Who in the hell lifts this way? (This is rhetorical, please do not answer.) Equally important, why would his trainer allow it? (Again...just don't...)
    Last edited by mharrislove; 04-11-2011 at 04:15 PM.

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Delts w/calves

"Whatever you can do

or dream you can, begin it.

Boldness has genius,

and magic and power in it.

Begin it now.”

– Goethe

January 2009: three months
    into my return to lifting,
    but no dietary changes...

August 2009: counting calories
    and about 20 lbs lighter...

April 2010: after raising complete hell
    in the gym for 12 months after my first
    Open Class BBing competition

Wow, that's amazing! I was under the impression that you were always just in great shape. You've really come a long ways from that starting pic!

Better to drop out of the 300 club now then to have it take you out on its own. Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into your safety and what is necessary for you at this time in order to accomplish what you've set out to do. Which brings me to the quote--gotta love Goethe!

Already mentioned this, but I'm supposed to go to a show this Saturday. Ought to be interesting! I'm looking forward to it.

Our seated cable faces away from the stack. I don't like it either, cause I have to turn around to change the weight, which makes things like drop sets a PIA.

You know I'm lookin the mirror! haha!

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some great progression there MHL. How is the AC feeling post training? Be curious to see what shows you will be doing. I am hoping to attend a show this spring/summer/fall. I have only watched on tv, never been to one in person.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000) rhino1964 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on the 100 rep squat set! You've made awesome progress in developing "wheels to match"!

Since you love pain (it takes one to know one), you might want to try the School of Quad Torture Leg Press. First set is 2 plates (45s) on each side of the leg press and 20 reps. Then 3 plates each side and 30 reps. 4 plates, 40 reps...up to 6 plates, 60 reps. But it's not over. It has to be done again in descending order, all the way back down to 2 plates and 20 reps. And no rest between sets. I read that this originated with Erik Fankhauser. As for myself, I failed before finishing the 40 reps set.

Here's a vid of Mark Alvisi doing this brutal leg press. The leg pressing begins about 10:35.

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...last-legs.html
    I'd eat a French goat turd if I thought it'd make me bigger.

Pardon the mess; body under reconstruction.

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Excellent progress man and very inspirational! I’m really interested in following your training/contest prep when it gets close. Keep going strong man.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WOW...thats amazing progress in just 2 years. You obviously are doing something right. I like Jenn kinda thought you were always in good shape. Props to you man.

Looking forward to hearing your decison on shows. If you do the NPC here....I will be there if at all possible.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, that's amazing! I was under the impression that you were always just in great shape. You've really come a long ways from that starting pic!
    I must agree. Would not have guessed this. Now I just lost my last excuse not to achieve my goals.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Built Upon Struggle FlaIronMind's Avatar
    FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FlaIronMind has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent my brother. I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall seeing a "before" pic of you a while back...perhaps one of the former MHL sitting. Can't recall precisely but, point being, I knew then how far you've come and this only reaffirms that knowledge. Well done my friend and, as I've said before, there are no real "after" pics within our pursuit...merely "in progress" pics.

Good reasoning, as always, with your session and plans from here on out. We are always best served when we listen to the innate intelligence of our bodies.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Goethe rocks. Just sayin......

Nice work ethic my friend.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Back squats
    A little late commenting on this one, but I didn't want to let it pass by. Great work, MHL. Anyone who has ever done this challenge knows that it isn't for the faint of heart!!

I did about 90 reps the other day at bodyweight and had DOMS for 4 days.

Good stuff!
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

r u living your signature Doc.Happy's Avatar
    Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Doc.Happy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i still think you should start a club! there are now 3 of you...............
    "Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. for the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. and let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." Galatians 6:7-9

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

QUADS

bar x 10 wu
    135 x 10 wu
    I can't even..................

Good job guttin' this out, MH. Don't know what else to say here.

Leg extensions
    100 lb plate x 20 --- done...
    This is nuts!

I like it.

Originally Posted by fitmom43 View Post
    She says "I don't understand why you do this to yourself, what's the point? You have a serious sickness this is not healthy"
    *facepalm.jpeg*

Civilians just don't get it, and they never will. And that's why they'll always remain civilians.

I am a complete wreck after doing the SRC x 2 Squat Mission at 5 AM, and then helping a friend move into a new apartment AND office from 11 AM to 5 PM yesterday. Nonetheless, sh!t's gotta' get done.
    I hear ya. If we always waited until we felt 100% before we trained again, we'd all still look like Pee Wee Herman.

Machine pec flyes (LifeFitness; stack weight)
    120 x 12
    140 x 12
    180 x 12
    210 x 12 --- drop set
    --> 180 x 8
    ---> 140 x 6

Using a "bear hug" arm posture and limiting shoulder flexion helped these to be bearable on my shoulder; great chest MMC goin' on right here!
    Good use of technique to work around a problem.

Rpaul11 and others about venturing out into other BB organizations that would put me up against recent users of "enhanced supplements", so I need to make up my mind about playing David to their Goliath.
    I'm interested in your thought process about contesting an untested show, MH. What's your take on it?

The WTF? Gym Moment of the Day: But lo and behold, here was this guy who was lookin' like he was driving through the Allegheny Mountains on a single lane highway while watching for falling rocks. With every rep he would gooseneck towards the mirror on the right with Linda Blair-like range of motion.
    The old, "An injury looking for a victim," gambit.

Far better him than any of us.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sorry to read about your shoulder issues. Sucks for sure.

Very impressive progress pics though.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

-In Reconstruction Mode- IronAvalanche's Avatar
    IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000) IronAvalanche is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome progress pics. Results of your hard work on diet and in the gym. I'm curious why you would want to do shows other that natty shows? Seems like the clear choice would be the natty ones.
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
    ~ Philippians 4:13

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents."
    ~ Andrew Carnegie

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, MP. During the last competitive season, I did not hit a single pose that highlighted wheels. I am determined to not repeat that omission in 2011.
    You would be crazy to not show off the wheels after everything you have done, and the result you have gotten.

Great stuff today MHL. You crushed it. I love the attitude. I get that feeling sometimes. You start to allow those excuses in your head. Then all of a sudden another louder voice say it don't matter. Move your ass. And the world gets right, quickly.

Smart move with the DB presses. Hope everything is feeling good tomorrow.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

Replies: Making progress

Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    WOW...thats amazing progress in just 2 years. You obviously are doing something right. I like Jenn kinda thought you were always in good shape. Props to you man.
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I must agree. Would not have guessed this. Now I just lost my last excuse not to achieve my goals.
    Originally Posted by Getsum View Post
    Excellent progress man and very inspirational! I’m really interested in following your training/contest prep when it gets close. Keep going strong man.
    Thanks for the comments - I appreciate it! Although, I'm surprised that you were surprised since I talk up the comeback story at the beginning of the journal. But, the brief story is that I competed as a teen way back when, but then had a layoff for about 13 years. I joined BB.com a few months after my return to training.

Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Excellent my brother. I might be mistaken, but I seem to recall seeing a "before" pic of you a while back...perhaps one of the former MHL sitting. Can't recall precisely but, point being, I knew then how far you've come and this only reaffirms that knowledge. Well done my friend and, as I've said before, there are no real "after" pics within our pursuit...merely "in progress" pics.
    Agreed, my iron brotha'. Twice before (in the 80s and again in the 90's) I was close to building a physique worth noting, only to back away for one reason or another.

Not this time...

...which brings me to the quote--gotta love Goethe!
    Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Goethe rocks. Just sayin......

Nice work ethic my friend.
    No doubt...Goethe cuts down to the bone.

Page 51 of 203 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast