Page 51 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4144
    DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aCb123 View Post
    To all the misc chemical engineer brahs i'm having some trouble with my separations course. Was wondering if anyone had any addition resources to help me learn it better?
    Im not chemE but on youtube there is a channel called learnChemE you might find something useful there

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aCb123 View Post
    To all the misc chemical engineer brahs i'm having some trouble with my separations course. Was wondering if anyone had any addition resources to help me learn it better?
    Originally Posted by DrinkingBull View Post
    Im not chemE but on youtube there is a channel called learnChemE you might find something useful there
    lol I had a teacher straight-up put this Youtube channel on instead of teaching. We watched the videos on network heat exchangers I think. They're pretty good, I'd go to their website first to see which videos they have.

http://www.learncheme.com/
    ChemE in education, SoftwareE in job

Live slow, Die whenever SLOTH LIFE

M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brahs I'm really feeling the pressure right now.
    Taking 14 credit hours this year because my job (almost like an RA, less duties most of the benefits) demands a lot of time.
    Calc 3
    Physics 1
    easy engineering class
    easy gen ed
    honors seminar (easy)
    My job gives me a small stipend every two weeks, but I get free housing + grants and that puts me down to only borrowing 4k a year for school which is ridiculous.
    I am the treasurer of a society and a volunteer TA for an engineering class as well.
    Basically, my job and extracurriculars haven't even begun to eat up my time like I know they will, and I am already falling behind in calc. Just got a 1/4 on the first quiz.
    Yet with my goals for a top tier grad school I can't afford to drop these things and I should be getting into another research lab too. But I don't know where all my time is going.
    Because of my schools sadistic math department my GPA dropped from a 4.0 to 3.6 last year and I can't afford to take further hits. And like I said, I'm only at 14 credit hours. I took 18 last semester, and took the hardest class of my life (one of 5 A's in the entire class) along with a ****ty calc 2 class and I managed to pull that off with only not getting an A in calc. But for some reason, something just feels "off" about this year. I don't know where my time is going, don't know how I am already behind, thought I was understanding the material and everything.
    I know it's only the start of the 3rd week, but I can't help but feel anxious and unprepared for this year.
    I need to finish up my organizational stuff, but even still, there hasn't been much to keep track of thus far so that can't be it.
    Anyone with a similar experience or advice? I am almost positive the answer is just that I'll have to buckle the **** down and grind it out, but I can't help but feel unnecessarily overwhelmed. A lot of problems outside of school could particularly be causing this, but I have been successfully blocking those out for a few years so that shouldn't be the issue.

Cliffs-
    -Job takes up a lot of time, but saves me A LOT of money
    -extracurriculars are demanding and for my goals I should be researching too
    -schools math department is terrible and I am part of a guinea pig class with nothing to study off of besides book and incredibly over complicated hwk (this is a problem in regards to what exactly I'll be tested on and how whereas previous semesters I could get a sense of style via past tests)
    -Only 3rd week of school and can't help but feel overwhelmed by combo of calc 3 and Phys 1 even though I have been through MUCH worse.
    -Feeling anxious, a little lost, etc. with no idea what could be causing it, nothing is particularly wrong in my life
    -Confident the solution is to simply buckle down and get **** done, but something just feels "off"
    -Any similar experiences/advice?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Misc translation: Who mods the mods?
    MISC Plug.DJ crew (â—£_â—¢) http://plug.dj/misc-edm/
    RIP frvrmuscle.
    Aziz Shavershian inspired me. Zyzz made me laugh. There's a difference,RIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Reps for life: bfmv69

DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkingBull is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by M0hi View Post
    Brahs I'm really feeling the pressure right now.
    Taking 14 credit hours this year because my job (almost like an RA, less duties most of the benefits) demands a lot of time.
    Calc 3
    Physics 1
    easy engineering class
    easy gen ed
    honors seminar (easy)
    My job gives me a small stipend every two weeks, but I get free housing + grants and that puts me down to only borrowing 4k a year for school which is ridiculous.
    I am the treasurer of a society and a volunteer TA for an engineering class as well.
    Basically, my job and extracurriculars haven't even begun to eat up my time like I know they will, and I am already falling behind in calc. Just got a 1/4 on the first quiz.
    Yet with my goals for a top tier grad school I can't afford to drop these things and I should be getting into another research lab too. But I don't know where all my time is going.
    Because of my schools sadistic math department my GPA dropped from a 4.0 to 3.6 last year and I can't afford to take further hits. And like I said, I'm only at 14 credit hours. I took 18 last semester, and took the hardest class of my life (one of 5 A's in the entire class) along with a ****ty calc 2 class and I managed to pull that off with only not getting an A in calc. But for some reason, something just feels "off" about this year. I don't know where my time is going, don't know how I am already behind, thought I was understanding the material and everything.
    I know it's only the start of the 3rd week, but I can't help but feel anxious and unprepared for this year.
    I need to finish up my organizational stuff, but even still, there hasn't been much to keep track of thus far so that can't be it.
    Anyone with a similar experience or advice? I am almost positive the answer is just that I'll have to buckle the **** down and grind it out, but I can't help but feel unnecessarily overwhelmed. A lot of problems outside of school could particularly be causing this, but I have been successfully blocking those out for a few years so that shouldn't be the issue.

Cliffs-
    -Job takes up a lot of time, but saves me A LOT of money
    -extracurriculars are demanding and for my goals I should be researching too
    -schools math department is terrible and I am part of a guinea pig class with nothing to study off of besides book and incredibly over complicated hwk (this is a problem in regards to what exactly I'll be tested on and how whereas previous semesters I could get a sense of style via past tests)
    -Only 3rd week of school and can't help but feel overwhelmed by combo of calc 3 and Phys 1 even though I have been through MUCH worse.
    -Feeling anxious, a little lost, etc. with no idea what could be causing it, nothing is particularly wrong in my life
    -Confident the solution is to simply buckle down and get **** done, but something just feels "off"
    -Any similar experiences/advice?
    I took physics 1 last semester and still have all my hw's and tests, taking calc 3 this semester also, been staying ahead of the curve by watching the multi variable calc lectures on MITOpenCourseware on youtube.

BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrettC504 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Senior in EE checking in. Started out in ME but as I got further in, I realized I didn't like my courses at all so I switched and haven't looked back. Currently interning at a consulting firm in New Orleans.

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lectures on MITOpenCourseware
    Fuarkkkk just downloaded all these (minus a couple I downloaded earlier), going to take a while but I felt like a kid in a candy store. One day I will make a video game. One day.

Thank you based MIT

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the WORST diff equations professor ever. Doesn't explain how to do problems, just does them himself on the board and expects people to follow. English is a second language to him, a FAR second language. 95+ is an A to him. Jesus christ it makes me mad just thinking about his class.

migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) migueloak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    tried negotiating my salary and i failed.

but, they changed my offer and added a $2000 relocation bonus because i'll be moving 70 miles

Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000)
    fuk cal 2 I feel like a failure at life

Originally Posted by dweeegs View Post
    Fuarkkkk just downloaded all these (minus a couple I downloaded earlier), going to take a while but I felt like a kid in a candy store. One day I will make a video game. One day.

Thank you based MIT

I have been learning more from youtube than lectures since my senior year of high school. and reps cuz thank you based MIT was word for word my tweet like a month ago lol

Originally Posted by Plyoz View Post
    fuk cal 2 I feel like a failure at life
    pretty embarrassing but it took me 3 times to get past that class... just keep grinding

Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000) Plyoz is just really nice. (+1000)
    pretty embarrassing but it took me 3 times to get past that class... just keep grinding
    What's the secret? We haven't even gotten to sequences and series yet and I'm struggling

1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm graduating this Fall with my bachelors in EE. I have internship experience at Praxair (Air separation plant) and my associates degree in electrical engineering technologies. I have been applying for entry level jobs, but I still have about 3 months before I graduate.

Any advice on where I should look for an entry level job? I am willing to relocate anywhere. It would be nice to stay in the Chicago/NW Indiana Area though.
    EE

boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rayaarito View Post
    I have the WORST diff equations professor ever. Doesn't explain how to do problems, just does them himself on the board and expects people to follow. English is a second language to him, a FAR second language. 95+ is an A to him. Jesus christ it makes me mad just thinking about his class.
    fukkk i know dat feel right now brah. only good thing about mine is he does speak good english. but he gives terrible examples and he was bragging about how he could finish the entire course in a month so he has to slow himself down. fuark

doesnt explain chit just does an example on the board for each section of the textbook
    ***Misc Hunting and Fishing Crew***
    ***Civil Engineering Crew***

Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Love-Feet is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Hardgain3r View Post
    Senior Mechanical Engineering student checking in!

When future engineering majors ask me whether or not it's worth it. I ask them if they are more interested in making money or do they actually love problem solving? Because if it's the former, you might as well go into something else like Finances and become a CFA making 500k/year. Because we all know, as an engineer, your not even going to get close to half that salary by the time you retire...

Enough of my rant though, these are just my opinions. I will say this, a Mechanical Engineering degree shows you are one dedicated, smart, mother phucker. Start a business coupled with that degree and investors will both throwing money left and right at you. (As long as you have a solid business plan)
    Just drop in making 500k a year no problem, get to fukc you kunt
    Winners find solutions, Losers find something to blame

ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm 18 and I recently began my senior year of HS. I enjoy science and mathematic courses and I aspire to excel at fields of petroleum engineer (I will use "PE" instead to save time) in the coming years.

I live in VA right now. I received a score of 1470 on my SAT (550 on math) and I have a 3.9GPA in HS. Not sure what college I should go to, but I'm taking West Virginia University and Texas A&M into strong consideration. I don't have any problems with moving out of state for college if there very few colleges with solid PE programs in my state.

I would like to know about:

What colleges you recommend for PE

Internships?

What I should do to build a strong resume

What I should expect along the road of becoming a PE (tests, license, etc.)

When and how I should apply for PE jobs overseas (UAE, Quatar, etc.)

I have a hearing disability. Will that affect my chances?

Thanks in advance for your time brahs. I will take srs posts very srsly & take notes.
    *** deaf brah crew ***
    *** repped by misschill crew ***
    *** clash of clans crew ***

Originally Posted by Plyoz View Post
    What's the secret? We haven't even gotten to sequences and series yet and I'm struggling
    no secret, just repetition. read the chapter and watch an online lecture (khan academy, patrickjmt, etc) before you go to class. If you do this and keep up with the homework you should ace the class. That was the difference for me

StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrucEngBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThePizzaMan View Post
    I'm 18 and I recently began my senior year of HS. I enjoy science and mathematic courses and I aspire to excel at fields of petroleum engineer (I will use "PE" instead to save time) in the coming years.

I live in VA right now. I received a score of 1470 on my SAT (550 on math) and I have a 3.9GPA in HS. Not sure what college I should go to, but I'm taking West Virginia University and Texas A&M into strong consideration. I don't have any problems with moving out of state for college if there very few colleges with solid PE programs in my state.

I would like to know about:

What colleges you recommend for PE

Internships?

What I should do to build a strong resume

What I should expect along the road of becoming a PE (tests, license, etc.)

When and how I should apply for PE jobs overseas (UAE, Quatar, etc.)

I have a hearing disability. Will that affect my chances?

Thanks in advance for your time brahs. I will take srs posts very srsly & take notes.
    Texas A&M has a great Pete program. I was just at the career fair and the amount of oil and gas is amazing. I have loved every minute at A&M, great place. Except the weight room is **** right now. But it will be nice by the time you get there.

You could become a professional engineer (PE is the abbreviation, PETE is normally Petroleum Engineering) but I don't think it's a field that demands it. Just pass the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering exam) and you're on your way.

Do well in school, get a good GPA. Get an internship as early as you can. When you're looking for a full time job, GPA and internship/experience matters. When you're looking for an internship really all they can go off of is GPA and an interview. Get a good GPA. All the people that say grades don't matter, I'll just do extracurricular are full of crap.

If you want to go overseas I would apply to a company based in the states that have operations overseas. When you fill out an application a lot of times they ask you where you would be willing to travel or live. It's not easy finding people who are willing, so make it known. Tell recruiters and put it on your resume.

EDIT: UT also has a great program. My friend who went there got an internship in Houston paying 45 an hour, an office job mind you.

ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePizzaMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by StrucEngBrah View Post
    Texas A&M has a great Pete program. I was just at the career fair and the amount of oil and gas is amazing. I have loved every minute at A&M, great place. Except the weight room is **** right now. But it will be nice by the time you get there.

You could become a professional engineer (PE is the abbreviation, PETE is normally Petroleum Engineering) but I don't think it's a field that demands it. Just pass the FE (Fundamentals of Engineering exam) and you're on your way.

Do well in school, get a good GPA. Get an internship as early as you can. When you're looking for a full time job, GPA and internship/experience matters. When you're looking for an internship really all they can go off of is GPA and an interview. Get a good GPA. All the people that say grades don't matter, I'll just do extracurricular are full of crap.

If you want to go overseas I would apply to a company based in the states that have operations overseas. When you fill out an application a lot of times they ask you where you would be willing to travel or live. It's not easy finding people who are willing, so make it known. Tell recruiters and put it on your resume.

EDIT: UT also has a great program. My friend who went there got an internship in Houston paying 45 an hour, an office job mind you.
    This advice immensely helps me brah!! Reps. Will PM you later on about breaking the PETE industry into perspective (explaining reservoir engineers, drilling engineers, production engineers) & your recommendations concerning my hearing disability. An office job will suit me. Do oil companies actually have you travel around the world just to have you grab a chair, sit, and work out calculations for the field you're working in? Sounds pretty awesome haha
    *** deaf brah crew ***
    *** repped by misschill crew ***
    *** clash of clans crew ***

Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dweeegs View Post

Thank you based MIT

Yo, is there any better schools that have videos like these? The quality on differential equations looks like crap.

ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey brahs, ever heard of the YouTuber EngineeredTruth?

For the unawares: http://www.youtube.com/user/EngineeredTruth

He makes great content on various degrees, college, personal development and other random stuff. I think his engineering-related videos will be very useful to you guys.

M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) M0hi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I took physics 1 last semester and still have all my hw's and tests, taking calc 3 this semester also, been staying ahead of the curve by watching the multi variable calc lectures on MITOpenCourseware on youtube.
    Quick update from last week. Basically it's just that I forgot I am seeing a lot of this for the first time whereas I had already seen calc 1 and 2 before in HS.
    I forgot what it's like to actually learn new things rather than (for the most part) blatant memorization in something like bio.
    That being said something is definitely BS about my calc class.
    Quizzes are only 5% of grade, weekly written homework assignments that are as hard as tests are worth 20% of grade. The thing is, the quizzes I keep getting 1/4 or 2/4 and it's literally because the material will always be a little ahead of what we're learning, or it's not entirely clear what's being asked. For example, after having just learned the equation of a line in 3-D, our quiz asked us to find for what values the two lines intersect (question only gave 3 points on the plane). So you set them equal to each other and solve, except, my professor made the variables different so as to not confuse us, but it actually did confuse me. And it didn't help both lines were called R1. 2nd question on that quiz I had the right idea but in a different order, it was tough because you had to apply two separate skills you know into a new question you've never seen before. Basically the answer was to take the cross product and then find magnitude, and I did it in reverse order which is actually wrong because it makes an assumption about the angle. Little **** like that ruins quizzes for me. I am also not going into detail, but for the second question i just described you had to write out a paragraph as your answer, not the actual math and paragraph explanations are expected on tests for any points to be given out. K den.

So yeah, looks like what I'll have to do is do homework ahead of time, review chapter same day I learned it, and then also read ahead so I can put pieces together during lecture rather than see it for the first time. Cannot WAIT to be done with math at my school, literally everything else is GREAT except this awful math department. I won't go into detail but they messed up so bad last semester they offered 3 FREE summer classes to try and make up for their mistakes.
    Still a little in disbelief I have stayed up till 6AM at least 4 times already and it's only week 3. Have gone two separate days where first meal of the day was at 11PM. What is life.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Misc translation: Who mods the mods?
    MISC Plug.DJ crew (â—£_â—¢) http://plug.dj/misc-edm/
    RIP frvrmuscle.
    Aziz Shavershian inspired me. Zyzz made me laugh. There's a difference,RIP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Reps for life: bfmv69

Lunches in Dungeons crunchesnlunges's Avatar
    crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250) crunchesnlunges has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Aspiring robotics engineer checking in

Yo, is there any better schools that have videos like these? The quality on differential equations looks like crap.
    I know Harvard does too since MIT rolled out the online stuff in conjunction with them, however I just checked their website and it looks pretty limited...

There are tons of colleges that do free courses in pieces and not as extensive as MIT, the main hub they're on is http://www.edx.org/. Just have to search through that

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    With the first set of exams coming up, I think we could all use a good laugh.

I was studying linear systems in the library the other day when two girls walked in and glanced at my work. One of them turns to the other and says "I don't know why these engineers work so hard. College should be about having fun and being free, not studying. What a bunch of antisocial losers."

You'll be serving me my coffee every morning in a few years, basic ass skank.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000) TXDStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by StrucEngBrah View Post
    I have loved every minute at A&M, great place.
    Yessir

Repped

Originally Posted by CupcakeSquats View Post
    With the first set of exams coming up, I think we could all use a good laugh.

I was studying linear systems in the library the other day when two girls walked in and glanced at my work. One of them turns to the other and says "I don't know why these engineers work so hard. College should be about having fun and being free, not studying. What a bunch of antisocial losers."

You'll be serving me my coffee every morning in a few years, basic ass skank.
    Lmao wooooww. Yeah some people never get it till its too late

I think the most annoying thing about some classes is the attendance policy. If you suck at teaching, why should I waste my hour in your class if I can spend that time being more productive studying myself. You know your horrible when I have to use the notes from another professor to study

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)

I think the most annoying thing about some classes is the attendance policy. If you suck at teaching, why should I waste my hour in your class if I can spend that time being more productive studying myself. You know your horrible when I have to use the notes from another professor to study
    Agreed. One of my professors this semester takes it even further by showing up exactly 10 minutes late to each lecture and dismissing us 40 minutes early. Incredibly unprofessional and basically a waste of money.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) boutTreefiddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

fuking this. it usually happens with math in my experience.. currently teaching myself diff EQ
    ***Misc Hunting and Fishing Crew***
    ***Civil Engineering Crew***

Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Steveyblack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Resume question guys. Is it better to very specific on your resume with details or is it better to just be a bit more general with it? The more specific version would include the companies you worked with and the type of product you designed, where as the more general version will just state that I woked with other companies in the design of a product. I am a recent BS ME grad and I am looking for my first job, I have 3 summers worth of interning and im looking for a job outside of where I interned. If any brahs want to critique my resume that would be great too.

Page 51 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast