Closed Thread
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journal

heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000) heathershubby is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking lol I use 1 a day mens

and am very happy I know I am getting my $6 bucks worth. I looked at the animal pak and I am just to damn cheap to by them lol. Good luck with whatever you decide though.
    Next stop 250 lbs both my weight and lost 😁

Highest Weight 500lbs +
    Lowest Weight since joining 264lbs

Current 264 lbs

Time to get to my original dream goal

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Honestly, just going on that one point ^^^^^, imo, it isn't worth the price.

Go with either what I am taking, the AST:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ast/multi-pro.html

...or NOW Adam, which other people really like too:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/adam.html
    I think I'm gonna go with the AST, thanks for the recommendation Scott.

Today is Saturday, and for those who know, I like to take long walks on Saturdays. Today was no exception and I walked about 9 miles in 3 and a half hours today, not including a couple of 10 minute breaks. It was looking like rain when I left my house this morning, but by the time I had walked for a couple of hours, the sun had come out and it turned into a beautiful day. Unfortunately because it had looked like rain I had worn my rain coat, so I had to spend hours carrying it around. Anyway, I am back to working both jobs again tommorrow. Have a good day everyone.

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its a beautiful Monday and I am psyched up because it is my first pay day at my new job, and that means I can finally buy my 300# olympic barbell set. I may go get it today. I haven't worked out yet, but I only have to work at one job until Wednesday, so there is no rush. I can sit back, relax, and hang out on bb.com for a while before I get started.

I have DOMS in my legs and shoulders from all the walking I did on Saturday. Its weird thinking that I walked so much that I got DOMS. The last time this happened was the day I walked almost 8 hours, and Saturday I didn't walk nearly that long.

Just completed my workout, it was a bad workout. I had no energy while lifting, and I struggled getting the reps out. I probably should have either lifted first then did cardio, or did cardio, slept for 8 hours, then lifted. Either way it would have turned out better than it did. Still I would rather have my lifting out of the way so that I don't have to worry about it. I would rather have a bad workout than no workout at all.

logik9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep up the good work, as you said a workout is better then no workout..

Originally Posted by logik9 View Post
    Keep up the good work, as you said a workout is better then no workout..
    Thank you sir, that is what I was thinking.

Ok, I am currently using whey protein in my pre-workout and post work out shakes. Here is a break down of my shakes

Pre Work Out

1/2 cup skim milk - 40 calories 4g protein
    1 scoop Six Star Muscle Fuel Whey Protein powder - 130 calories 25g protein
    1/2 banana - 50 calories
    2-3 medium to large strawberries - 30 calories
    4 ice cubes

total - 250 calories 29g protein

Post Work Out

1/2 cup skim milk - 40 calories 4g protein
    1 scoop Six Star Muscle Fuel Whey Protein powder - 130 calories 25g protein
    1 scoop fruit punch flavored Body Fortress creatine powder - 150 calories
    1/2 banana - 50 calories
    2-3 medium to large strawberries - 30 calories
    4 ice cubes

total - 400 calories 29g protein

That is on workout days (M-W-F). On days I don't lift (T-Th-Sa-Su), I still drink very similar shakes, but instead of using the Six Star protein powder, I use body fortress protein powder, which is cheaper, doesn't taste as good, and doesn't have as much protein as the six star. Also on the post workout shake which I still drink after my cardio and ab workouts on days I am off from lifting but not on weekends, I don't add the scoop of creatine powder. I take creatine monohydrate capsules on those days, and a lower dose than usual.

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    DOMS from walking...wow that is a good leg workout!

You should get a good workout carrying the 300lb weight set back home.

Keep up the good work!
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey how do you like the creatine? i have been contemplating buying some to use but not sure if its worth it/which to buy. +im not big on supplements. im a big food+water fan. your wo shakes look good man lol whats funny is im not to keen on eating fruit OR dairy while trying to lose weight. to each is own tho as long as your eating its good. keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by yioti View Post
    hey how do you like the creatine? i have been contemplating buying some to use but not sure if its worth it/which to buy. +im not big on supplements. im a big food+water fan. your wo shakes look good man lol whats funny is im not to keen on eating fruit OR dairy while trying to lose weight. to each is own tho as long as your eating its good. keep up the good work.
    I have noticed gains while using creatine, but quite honestly the real difference might be my workout program which went from being a lackluster program I threw together, into Rippetoes which has really helped me increase my strength.

To tell you the truth, I am not big on eating fruits either, which is why I incorporated them into my workout shakes. That way 2 servings of fruit are a given every day. I still eat other fruits and vegetables, its just easier this way. As for the milk, I am lactose intolerant and that 1 cup of milk is all I have a day.

Well today I do my small abs workout, which consists of only two exercises, sit ups and the plank. When I first started trying to lose weight I did 100 sit ups every day for basically 3 months straight. That is why I do weighted sit ups, regular ones are too easy. Just for kicks I did as many sit ups as I could possibly do without weight and without stopping. After 130 I thought my abs were gonna explode. I figured I needed a bigger challenge, so I started holding a 15 pound dumbell when doing sit ups.

I am only online for about 15 minutes today and i just posted an update in my workout journal and thought I would post one here as well b efore getting some rest. The workout today was almost as bad as the one on Monday. I was rushed due to needing some sleep before I work both jobs tonight. It didn't help that my father dropped by for a visit this morning and wanted to talk for an hour.

I haven't bought the barbell yet, but tommorrow it is likely I will get it. I have a job interview in the morning, and no I'm not trying to get a third job, its just I am trying to get one good job to replace my two lower paying jobs now. This could turn out very well for me.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheKansan View Post
    This could turn out very well for me.
    Good luck!
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It didn't help that my father dropped by for a visit this morning and wanted to talk for an hour.

I haven't bought the barbell yet, but tommorrow it is likely I will get it. I have a job interview in the morning, and no I'm not trying to get a third job, its just I am trying to get one good job to replace my two lower paying jobs now. This could turn out very well for me.
    Enjoy your time with your father. My father & I seemed to never get a chance to sit down and talk until he unexpectedly became very sick and a couple of months later he passed away at 67y.o.

Good luck with the job interview. What type of a position is it?

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Originally Posted by Hotmoltenlava View Post
    Good luck!
    Thanks man, I still owe you some more reps once I can rep you again.

Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Enjoy your time with your father. My father & I seemed to never get a chance to sit down and talk until he unexpectedly became very sick and a couple of months later he passed away at 67y.o.

Good luck with the job interview. What type of a position is it?
    The position is for a postal carrier at the post office. It turned out to not be everything I thought it would be. First of all they can't promise full-time hours. They work 25-35 hours a week. Secondly there are no benefits. No insurance, no vacation, no nothing. Third is the fact that with the shift that they work, between 9 am and 6pm depending on how busy it is, it would be impossible for me to work a second job. Oh and they pay less than what I make at wal-mart. Also they work 6 days a week. How am I supposed to do anything with a job like that?

I have worked at wal-mart for 7 years and giving up my vacation, sick time, medical/dental/life insurance, my 401K and profit sharing, and about $1 an hour plus not even getting full time hours seems idiotic. The only possible benefit is that once someone is hired in, they have a shot at a better job after working there a few months. If they offer me the position I am turning it down.

Anyway as for the ab workout today, it went well. I got everything finished within 1 hour of getting off of work today so that I could get ready for my interview and still get a little sleep before having to work this afternoon. If you can't tell by the fact that I am posting this message, I am suffering from insomnia and can't get to sleep. Oh well.

SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) SkinnyDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go get your weight set!!!! Good job on the loss this week, you will be under 300 very soon at this pace.

Originally Posted by SkinnyDip View Post
    Go get your weight set!!!! Good job on the loss this week, you will be under 300 very soon at this pace.
    I probably should do that, but I'm in no hurry, I will have it for tommorrows workout whether I buy it today or tommorrow.

I finally bought the 300# weight set and I am geared up to do some lifting. I may do a few practice runs of deadlifts tonight. I can't wait to finally advance in my workouts starting tommorrow.

Ok, I just deadlifted 5 reps of 300#. I guess I need more weight.......lol

The weight is a little easier for me to deadlift because the plates on the bar are so large that they make the bar sit a lot farther off the ground than my other bar sat with 180 pounds.

My legs are pretty strong from carrying my fat ass around. The only real issue was that the lifts bothered my hands a little.

Glad you got your weight set. Keep up the good work!

Talk to you when I get back.

- Thomas A. Edison

- Steve Katai

Well today was my first official workout with my new weight set and it went great. I got plenty of rest last night and I was excited to do my workout today. I hit a new pr on squats and rows, though my overhead presses are kind of lagging, it is to be expected having read the FAQ for Starting Strength.

I am looking at maps of the city and trying to come up with a new walking route to take tommorrow of about 6-8 miles. I love taking long walks and I am constantly challenging myself to try new routes and see new things.

Its finally the weekend, not that I am off from work or anything, in fact I work both jobs today. So rather than doing my usual 2+ hour walk today, I walked for 1 hour and I will cut the grass at my house before I go to work. I am excited about lifting on Monday, especially since my new 5rm on bench is 195 pounds.

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man u lifts are great??when did u start lifting,I am sure it isnt a month ago.
    https://www.egyfitness.com

Originally Posted by Kaaud View Post
    Man u lifts are great??when did u start lifting,I am sure it isnt a month ago.
    I started lifting back in January. I was doing a lot of dumbbell presses and a lot of lighter weight higher repetition exercises. Anyway at the end of April I stepped it up and bought a cheap barbell and began Rippetoes. Fast forward 6 weeks to now and I have made some pretty good gains on Rippetoes. When I started my 5 rm on bench press was only around 135 pounds, and now it is around 195 pounds. Part of that is improved form, and better breathing, but the rest is strength gains that I made from following an excellent program. Even though Rippetoes isn't exactly made for people who are cutting, I have seen great results with it. A lot of people are trying to attain a certain look, but personally my goals are to increase my strength a great deal.

Today is Sunday and it is a lazy day. I only work one job today and the only exercise I had to do was cardio. I begin my 7th week of Rippetoes tommorrow. Now that I have reached my bench press goal of 200 pounds, I am going to set a new goal of bench pressing 300 pounds.

skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How does 22lbs lighter feel Kansan? Must feel good! Keep up the good work.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

I am looking at maps of the city and trying to come up with a new walking route to take tommorrow of about 6-8 miles. I love taking long walks and I am constantly challenging myself to try new routes and see new things.
    That's good, this way you get a good walk and also get to know your town even better.

Keep at it.
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821

Originally Posted by skuZZitude View Post
    How does 22lbs lighter feel Kansan? Must feel good! Keep up the good work.
    I really can't tell the difference between now and the last 22 pounds, but the difference between when I was at 475 pounds, and now is just exponential. People are already treating me so much better, and I feel like a 100% different man.

Originally Posted by cawiau View Post
    That's good, this way you get a good walk and also get to know your town even better.

Keep at it.
    Thanks a lot.

logik9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep up the good work, I have been on my diet now for the last week and have read through your journal and you have been one of my motivations. I have needed to lose weight for a while now as I put on alot of weight last year due to a serious of deaths in my family. I just lost my 6yr old nephew on monday of this week and I was a little worried about everyone being around and all the food but I kept on my diet and cant wait for my weigh in on Tuesday... I hope you keep posting and I will keep you posted on how Iam doing Just wanted to shoot this to you as a thanks as i do enjoy reading it everyday. I am additced to reading a few threads in here now and that has been my motivation because its not easy losing weight but when you feel like you have people doing it with you it just seems easier... Good Luck and keep up the good work..

I came home from work today and sat down fully intending to take my multivitamin, fish oil, and then do cardio and lift. Instead I closed my eyes and fully clothed fell asleep for three hours. Its no big deal today because I only work one job and I still have plenty of time for exercise, its just my plans didn't work out exactly right.

Anyway after I woke up I followed my normal routine. Its my 7th week into Rippetoes and the first time I do the A workout (squats, bench presses, deadlifts). Everything went well, no missed reps and no slowdowns. I can feel the DOMS in my lower back, chest, and legs already.

On another note, I am probably going to increase my calories again soon. I have been on 2700 calories for almost 2 weeks now, so I figure I will move up to 3000 calories soon. I weighed myself today and I weighed 335.8 which is 4.3 pounds less than last week, which still seems to be a little too high. I don't want to be losing more than 2 pounds a week when I hit the 300 pound mark so I can better preserve my muscle mass.

Ok I decided that I was going to spend a few hours today cooking and preparing meals for the next few days since I will be working both jobs and I will be short on time. I prepared 9 meals today and 3 sack lunches, plus I took the time to weigh and seperate into baggies a large carton of peanuts for my snack items. The only cooking I should have to do for the next 3 days is throwing my protein shakes together in the blender.

cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000) cawiau is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ok I decided that I was going to spend a few hours today cooking and preparing meals for the next few days since I will be working both jobs and I will be short on time. I prepared 9 meals today and 3 sack lunches, plus I took the time to weigh and seperate into baggies a large carton of peanuts for my snack items. The only cooking I should have to do for the next 3 days is throwing my protein shakes together in the blender.
    Nice!!!
    This way you are good to go.
    Take care.
    My journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112815821