Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by joshmichi View Post
    Sometimes morality comes with a price. They need to man up.

If somebody asked me to a kill a man I didn't know or have any beef with for a cause I didnt believe in or go to prison, I'd request a top bunk.
    They're just doing their job. In their line of work, they can't follow their own morality, they have to follow orders. So I wouldn't blame them for not following their own principles. IF they do, that's fine, but again I don't blame people for following the natural incentive structure.

Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If somebody asked me to a kill a man I didn't know or have any beef with for a cause I didnt believe in or go to prison, I'd request a top bunk.
    No you wouldn't...

stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ecnewyx View Post
    I'm so close to agreeing with everything you said (except I don't agree that everyone in the military is there because they flunked out of non-military jobs).

Just on the bolded part: Would you have more respect for a soldier who was risking his life in a WWII situation, Allies vs. The Axis? If not, then disregard. If so, then the only difference is who is being killed, right? And not the fact that they're "killing for hire"?
    x2, nothing wrong with doing it for hire. Before hiring soldiers we used to have a draft, which is far worse. Being forced into a job against your will and without your consent? That's slavery. I'd much rather have hired guns than slaves fighting for us.

American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

is it not enough that this man wants to destroy you, your family and your way of civilized and free life?

it's not propaganda, and it's that fact alone that made me join the military.

sometimes people need to man up and realize other countries are not living in 2009 like the united states and it's allies.

Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reedfense will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    They're just doing their job. In their line of work, they can't follow their own morality, they have to follow orders. So I wouldn't blame them for not following their own principles. IF they do, that's fine, but again I don't blame people for following the natural incentive structure.
    But their argument for this is that the Nazi's were just following orders too. Apparently, our soldiers are on the same level as Nazi's now.

-WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -WTF- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    I realize they are just doing their job. And that job is like any other, and I do not think they deserve any special freedoms since they are not protecting our country or freedoms. It is a job like any other.
    Do you really think that our country is not being protected by the military. With everyone that has hated us for the last 50 years we are not being protected, bullsh*t. In retrospect Iraq was wrong, but you actually are a big fat hairy p*ssy.

You are correct it is another job, but it is not like any other.

Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And that is important why? They signed up for it, and they are fighting a war for monetary gain. Just because their job is dangerous does not make it more important than any other.
    i'd like to see you spout all this BS while out on the frontlines getting shot at.

i dont agree with the war either but our boys in the military are doing something very brave just to protect *******s like you so you can sit behind a computer and talk mad ****.

EDIT: NEGGED

JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Reedfense View Post
    But their argument for this is that the Nazi's were just following orders too. Apparently, our soldiers are on the same level as Nazi's now.
    Tell me how a german soldier during the early 1940's was any different? They didn't all work in the concentration camps you know.

Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lifting_Taurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got legitimately pissy. I admit it. I guess I just get angry when I see one liners from soldiers who I don't respect personally, implying that they are such great people for being unable to find a job and thus becoming mercenary killers. Way to go, hero.

I don't dislike soldiers, but I don't get moist about it, either. You're doing a job for money-sometimes an immoral one. Just like me going to work for my corporation-sometimes my company does good, sometimes not so much. The difference between you and I is that I did well in school and thus have an overall better quality of life-the only way I'm dying on the job is if a mediore hits the building.

Alas, that's your fu ck up, not mine. And you don't deserve my respect for killing people for hire-respect is earned, not granted for people we feel bad for.
    Really??? Come on now, you just look foolish...

Originally Posted by Reedfense View Post
    Yes, that's exactly right. The Nazi's WERE just following orders. So no I wouldn't blame those soldiers. It's the people that were leading the armies that should've been punished, and they were. They lost. As for the soldiers, only thing they should be punished for is if they committed war atrocities (that weren't ordered).

You're just mentioning Nazis for shock value. I might as well say "Hitler liked sunshine"....does that mean we're all like Hitler and should stop using sunshine? No.

Originally Posted by -WTF- View Post
    Do you really think that our country is not being protected by the military. With everyone that has hated us for the last 50 years we are not being protected, bullsh*t. In retrospect Iraq was wrong, but you actually are a big fat hairy p*ssy.

You are correct it is another job, but it is not like any other.
    oh sure it's being protected....but many of our bases in other countries aren't necessary. We don't have to be isolationists though. We can have a diplomatic presence in other countries but we don't need a military presence in them.

MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can you explain to me how you are protecting my freedoms? I really doubt you fighting in the middle east has any bearing on whether bombs go off here. They would anyways because they would be set off by private citizens or foreign civilians. You are not fighting a government or nation.

Honestly. Please explain to me what freedoms you are protecting and how, by fighting in the middle east. I don't care about fifty years ago, I am talking about now.
    You do realize that Al-Quaeda, the group resposible for the deaths of 3,000 Americans is still operating and fighting, right?
    "I've drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around"

JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000) JKD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mitsuomi View Post
    i'd like to see you spout all this BS while out on the frontlines getting shot at.

i dont agree with the war either but our boys in the military are doing something very brave just to protect *******s like you so you can sit behind a computer and talk mad ****.

EDIT: NEGGED
    HOW ARE THEY PROTECTING ME AND MY FREEDOMS FIGHTING IN IRAQ?

A standing military within our boarders with the ability to deploy would be protecting us. Fighting in the middle east is actually leaving us wide open to attack from another nation if you want to think of it that way.

joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ecnewyx View Post
    I'm so close to agreeing with everything you said (except I don't agree that everyone in the military is there because they flunked out of non-military jobs).

Just on the bolded part: Would you have more respect for a soldier who was risking his life in a WWII situation, Allies vs. The Axis? If not, then disregard. If so, then the only difference is who is being killed, right? And not the fact that they're "killing for hire"?
    No, reasons matter. Being a mercenary is weak sauce, even if you're playing for the right team.
    Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    Come on, stealth, that is a chicken **** half cocked cop out and you know it. Your job title doesn't preclude you from moral responsibility because of the consequences it may bare.

You know that-it's crappy that you went there brah.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can you explain to me how you are protecting my freedoms? I really doubt you fighting in the middle east has any bearing on whether bombs go off here. They would anyways because they would be set off by private citizens or foreign civilians. You are not fighting a government or nation.

Honestly. Please explain to me what freedoms you are protecting and how, by fighting in the middle east. I don't care about fifty years ago, I am talking about now.
    Well technically speaking any show of force we make reinforces to the world the idea that our military is unmatched. So technically he is preventing, to some extent, conventional military action from being used against us.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

500 Internal Server Error dickhordishay's Avatar
    dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dickhordishay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrGuitar View Post
    You do realize that Al-Quaeda, the group resposible for the deaths of 3,000 Americans is still operating and fighting, right?
    didn't the US train and arm them?

joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000) joshmichi is just really nice. (+1000)
    it was a couple thousand large full of goofballs and one families money before we started the War on Terror. Now it's a massive multinational organization.

Thanks neocons.

KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    No u wouldn't

And can you tell me exactly what country Al-Quaeda is the government of? You don't fight terrorists with an army.

Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mitsuomi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    HOW ARE THEY PROTECTING ME AND MY FREEDOMS FIGHTING IN IRAQ?

A standing military within our boarders with the ability to deploy would be protecting us. Fighting in the middle east is actually leaving us wide open to attack from another nation who would have the ability to conduct a ground invasion, not a bunch of extremist citizens across the ocean.
    i should've said they protect us any other time besides the war in iraq.

we have the reserves and a lot of people stationed here in the states to protect us. count your lucky stars that we are not unprotected like in the middle east.

Location: Garbage Island, Pacific Ocean, Heard and McDonald Islands
    laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beeewbs View Post
    You're still not understanding what an analogy is or what consistent reasoning is. If the fact that it is someone's job has nothing to do with whether or not it's an ok activity, then don't use it as an excuse. If you think it's an acceptable activity because you think they are benefiting our country, then say so and don't use a reason that you're going to turn around and say it's a good reason for justifying activities. It's pretty f*cking simple. You folks do this on a regular basis. You justify something by saying "it's their job and they need money," but when that justification is applied evenly, you say that it has nothing to do with that justification but to do with other reasons. Make up your damn minds.
    My stance is that it benefits society, that's my reason and I'll continue to stick with it.

No, reasons matter. Being a mercenary is weak sauce, even if you're playing for the right team.

Come on, stealth, that is a chicken **** half cocked cop out and you know it. Your job title doesn't preclude you from moral responsibility because of the consequences it may bare.

You know that-it's crappy that you went there brah.
    Oh no no no no no... Address me silly... you siad you did well in school, then you said Mediore? WTF is a mediore?????

Oh and by the way.. I did well in school and I am currently doing well in school.. While defending our country...
    Also, I seriously doubt you have a better quality of life than I do, have had the opportunity to see things in the world that I have (including, but not limited to Iraq), have traveled and lived among foreign cultures like I have...

Originally Posted by Lifting_Taurus View Post
    No you wouldn't...
    Absolutely would. But then, I'm a man with steadfast moral principles, divorced from peer approval.

You, by your own admission, need constant peer approval-you need orders, and that's all you need-you thrive on them.

IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000) IZUNADROPS is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm sure you're one of these liberal pussy faggots who want to remove us the freedom to buy flamethrowers and missile launchers for domestic defense.. what will you do when your loved ones get beheaded and then brutally raped by burglars in power armors?
    are you afraid of honest law-abiding citizens armed with flamethrowers and miniguns???
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆
    (~_~;)ヾ(-_-;) オイオイ...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Well technically speaking any show of force we make reinforces to the world the idea that our military is unmatched. So technically he is preventing, to some extent, conventional military action from being used against us.
    I'm sure nations like China and Russia are shivering in their boots because we can attack countries that couldn't even stage an invasion of any kind if they wanted to. Why not go show our military prowess in the carribean.

KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000) KRILLEN91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skinnycalves View Post
    You don't think government officials have ulterior motives?
    umm.. wats the difference.. im not an expert in democracy nor am i a democrat, but i'd say it means the same thing.. like those in power have ulterior motives depending on their governing power. even though it's supposed to be for the individuals who have equal access to power.

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    Thanx.. I was getting to him next..

MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrGuitar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    And can you tell me exactly what country Al-Quaeda is the government of? You don't fight terrorists with an army.
    You're right, we should have just let the afghanistan police take care of that one.
    "I've drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around"

Originally Posted by Lifting_Taurus View Post
    Oh no no no no no... Address me silly... you siad you did well in school, then you said Mediore? WTF is a mediore?????

Oh and by the way.. I did well in school and I am currently doing well in school.. While defending our country...
    Also, I seriously doubt you have a better quality of life than I do, have had the opportunity to see things in the world that I have (including, but not limited to Iraq), have traveled and lived among foreign cultures like I have...
    I made a spelling error. Pointing that out as an argument is in the 101 guide titled "I'm outmatched and clinging."

And the only thing you're defending is your paycheck.

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dickhordishay View Post
    didn't the US train and arm them?
    Not entirely true. We armed and trained the Mujhadeen and gave money to Pakistan to help Afghanistan fight the Russians. Then when we high tailed it out of there, they went about developing and fomenting their own fundamentalist ideologies
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.