Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Monday

Warm up

SAQ
    Skatters
    Band hops
    Pec minor stretches
    Hip flexor stretches
    Bar movements

Bench press: barx10, 30kgx8, 42kgx6, 55kgx5, 60kgx5, 65kgx5, 70kgx5, 70kgx5
    Incline dumbbell bench press: 15kg 4x10
    Box Jumps: 3x4
    Kettlebell Overhead Press: 20kgx8, 20kgx5, 16kgx8, 16kgx8
    Kettlebell swings: 20kg 3x8
    Pull ups ss 21's: 8ss10kg, 5ss10kg
    EZ bar skull crushers: 20kg 3x12

Pretty please with this workout although my bench press wasnt a PR it did equal it and it was with much better form. Increase numbers in incline dumbbell bench press, overhead press and crushers. Pull ups ss with 21s was simply to reduce the time because I was in a rush but god it killed my biceps on the first set my arms were crapping up like crazy.
    Train like a strongman, eat like bodybuilder, mobilize like a weightlifter, and think like a powerlifter.

Coach, Rugby Player, Powerlifter.

********: www.********.com/JTFitnessPerformance

Free Program: http://jacktylerperformance.com/2014/03/22/personalised-periodisation-hybrid-muscle-and-strength-free-program/

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JT4Rugby View Post
    Warm up

SAQ
    Skatters
    Band hops
    Pec minor stretches
    Hip flexor stretches
    Bar movements

Bench press: barx10, 30kgx8, 42kgx6, 55kgx5, 60kgx5, 65kgx5, 70kgx5, 70kgx5
    Incline dumbbell bench press: 15kg 4x10
    Box Jumps: 3x4
    Kettlebell Overhead Press: 20kgx8, 20kgx5, 16kgx8, 16kgx8
    Kettlebell swings: 20kg 3x8
    Pull ups ss 21's: 8ss10kg, 5ss10kg
    EZ bar skull crushers: 20kg 3x12

Pretty please with this workout although my bench press wasnt a PR it did equal it and it was with much better form. Increase numbers in incline dumbbell bench press, overhead press and crushers. Pull ups ss with 21s was simply to reduce the time because I was in a rush but god it killed my biceps on the first set my arms were crapping up like crazy.
    solid workout! equaling your pr is always good. i couldn't imagine supersetting pullups with 21s hahah. my biceps would fall off.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    solid workout! equaling your pr is always good. i couldn't imagine supersetting pullups with 21s hahah. my biceps would fall off.
    Cheers man, although I didnt beat my PR it was with much better form. Haha it was horrible I could only manage 2sets I wont be doing those again.
    Train like a strongman, eat like bodybuilder, mobilize like a weightlifter, and think like a powerlifter.

Free Program: http://jacktylerperformance.com/2014/03/22/personalised-periodisation-hybrid-muscle-and-strength-free-program/

Thursday

Warm up

Skipping: 40,40
    Foam rolling
    Pec minor
    Shoulder rehab
    Flexors
    Worlds greatest stretch
    Sprinters hops
    Bar movements

Squats (2min rest): Barx10, 30kgx8, 65kgx6, 87kgx5, 92kgx5, 97kgx5, 99.5kgx5, 99.5kgx5
    Kettlebell snatches (30sec rest): 16kg 3x8
    Deadlift (2min rest): 47kgx5, 67kgx5, 79kgx5, 89kgx5, 94kgx5
    Pull ups (30sec rest): 3x8
    Skull crushers (30sec rest) 23.5kg 3x8
    21's (30sec rest) 15kgx2

Core

Sprinters sit ups ss med ball twists ss waiters carrys

PR on squats, deadlifts, skull crusher's (could go heavier) and 21's. Kettlebell snatches was just used as a filler because I couldnt do overhead press twice in a week. Solid workout, smashed the squats and deadlift. Although plates too small for deadlift so my back is hyperextending need to do on a raised platform, expierencing back problems.

Monday

Started contact at training and it can tell on my body... covered in bruses and walking around like I have had an accedent especially after playing againts 3 england U20's front rowers...

Warm up

Foam roller
    Skipping
    World's greatest stretch
    Hip flexor stretches
    Pec minor stretches
    Dynamic shoulder work

Bench press: barx10, 30kgx8, 42kgx6, 52kgx4, 62kgx11, 52kgx11, 47kgx10, 40kgx8, 35kgx11, 32.5kgx10, 30kgx11, 27.5kgx14, 25kgx8, 20kgx16 (go untill fatigued then get spotter to take of some weight and repeat)
    Tackle bag work
    Kettlebell overhead press: 20kgx8,20kgx8,16kgx8,16kgx7,12kgx8
    Med ball slams: 20,20,20

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    great couple of workouts you've put in there. how did you get to train with a few of the 20s players, thats pretty good.

i have a question for you, i'm considering putting my brother onto a starting strength programme but he doesn't really know how to lift and i'm telling myself get him to learn the lifts first before putting him on a programme. i just want to know how confident and how happy did you feel with your form and learning form before you started your programme. part of me thinks i should just get him lifitng and could he learn form as he goes. cause he's the type of guy that will want results faster than the time it will take him to learn to lift. i'm allready having to convince him that he isnt going to be hulk in 4weeks.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    great couple of workouts you've put in there. how did you get to train with a few of the 20s players, thats pretty good.

i have a question for you, i'm considering putting my brother onto a starting strength programme but he doesn't really know how to lift and i'm telling myself get him to learn the lifts first before putting him on a programme. i just want to know how confident and how happy did you feel with your form and learning form before you started your programme. part of me thinks i should just get him lifitng and could he learn form as he goes. cause he's the type of guy that will want results faster than the time it will take him to learn to lift. i'm allready having to convince him that he isnt going to be hulk in 4weeks.
    Cheers man. Are local college produces alot of high quality players so we know some of the players.

I was the same as your brother to be honest. I would just teach him the basics in one session then teach him the rest as he goes. Make sure he records his sessions so he can see that he is improving because that was my main motivation, to improve every week. If he isnt too keen on doing weights, I would keep them fun and simple. Just make sure you keep encouraging him and he will be fine.

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    congrats on the prs! you seem to be making those regularly!
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

congrats on the prs! you seem to be making those regularly!
    Thanks mate, I hope to continue doing so. I start my season in a weeks time have you got any good training splits for inseason because I have never done weights inseason before.

Thursday

Warm up

SAQ
    Foam rolling
    Stretch (pec minor, hip flexors, shoulders and back)

Med ball slams/burpees x100
    Tackle bag flips (flip tackle bag, run to the other side and repeat) x61
    Kettlebell clean and press/ push ups/ sprinters lunges x100
    Tackle bag slams (kneel next to the tackle bag, pic it up and flip while swapping knees) 20,15,10,10
    Split squats 20kg 3x10
    Skull crushers 3x12 23.5kg

No spotter today so couldnt do my usual strength programme although I am one week away from the start of my season and need to work on my fitness a bit so I will do a similar style workout up until the start of the season.

Thanks mate, I hope to continue doing so. I start my season in a weeks time have you got any good training splits for inseason because I have never done weights inseason before.
    this one is pretty good
    http://defrancostraining.com/article...rds-part3.html
    scroll all the way down for the in-season template.

what i've been doing has been pretty simple:
    monday: deadlift, bench, back assistance, shoulder assistance
    tuesday: squat, overhead press, back assistance, shoulder assistance
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

this one is pretty good
    http://defrancostraining.com/article...rds-part3.html
    scroll all the way down for the in-season template.

what i've been doing has been pretty simple:
    monday: deadlift, bench, back assistance, shoulder assistance
    tuesday: squat, overhead press, back assistance, shoulder assistance
    Thanks for the advice man, I may have to follow something similar. Although I am going to make training at the club my priority because its very competitive at the moment so I would not like to be saw during training.

To everyone following me I will be posting match's and training at the club on here from now on.

We had a trial game today, it was probable backs with possible forwards and visa versa. I got into the probable team that I was happy with but I also had a very good game, I scored are only try, made a break every time I got the ball, defended well and made a few well placed kicks. I got man of the match for this trial game and my coach came up to me after and said I was in the shortlist for team captain. Very very happy at the moment, great girlfriend, good education and most importantly rugby going well

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cheers man. Are local college produces alot of high quality players so we know some of the players.

I was the same as your brother to be honest. I would just teach him the basics in one session then teach him the rest as he goes. Make sure he records his sessions so he can see that he is improving because that was my main motivation, to improve every week. If he isnt too keen on doing weights, I would keep them fun and simple. Just make sure you keep encouraging him and he will be fine.
    well he's allready gone off the gym and i hadn't even given him a program yet or got round to helping him learn the lifts, he'll prob wana start up in a month again and i think he's going to goto the gym with his gf which is the polar oposite from the way i train. ill get onto him in a week or two.

in season, id stick to one or two sessions a week depending on how you feel, when your game day is, how hard that game was, training nights etc. last season i did one full body session a week due to injuries and other circumstances and that worked well for me, this season i'm doing 2 power sessions a week and they seem to be going quite well for me also. the one day a week session i did front squat push press and deadlift as i felt that covered everything and i they where lifts i was able todo. one thing i would say is i don't believe in the whole maintance idea for inseason workouts i don't see how it's possible with the way our season is planned out over here. i'm pretty much season to pre-season to season to pre-season and so on, so there isn't really an off-season to work on making alot of gains that you are able to just maintain during the season.

We had a trial game today, it was probable backs with possible forwards and visa versa. I got into the probable team that I was happy with but I also had a very good game, I scored are only try, made a break every time I got the ball, defended well and made a few well placed kicks. I got man of the match for this trial game and my coach came up to me after and said I was in the shortlist for team captain. Very very happy at the moment, great girlfriend, good education and most importantly rugby going well
    that's good news keep up the good work.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

I have a few sessions to put up on here but im pretty p****d off at the moment. My old coach has come back (he is an arrogant twat) and my new coach who has worked hard on are team is going to watch the rugby world cup in new zealand, my old coach has put his son back at fly-half (he cant even pass or tackle) and put are saracens academy, county captain into the second team! that sums it up for me. We have always had problems with coaches sons being put in the first team and it has happened again. I have also been put in the second team and im not being big headed but i am much better than my replacement.. sorry for this rant, it has been like this for years and I might change clubs now.

Sounds like you had a great day here!

I have a few sessions to put up on here but im pretty p****d off at the moment. My old coach has come back (he is an arrogant twat) and my new coach who has worked hard on are team is going to watch the rugby world cup in new zealand, my old coach has put his son back at fly-half (he cant even pass or tackle) and put are saracens academy, county captain into the second team! that sums it up for me. We have always had problems with coaches sons being put in the first team and it has happened again. I have also been put in the second team and im not being big headed but i am much better than my replacement.. sorry for this rant, it has been like this for years and I might change clubs now.
    Bloody nepotism!
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    well he's allready gone off the gym and i hadn't even given him a program yet or got round to helping him learn the lifts, he'll prob wana start up in a month again and i think he's going to goto the gym with his gf which is the polar oposite from the way i train. ill get onto him in a week or two.

in season, id stick to one or two sessions a week depending on how you feel, when your game day is, how hard that game was, training nights etc. last season i did one full body session a week due to injuries and other circumstances and that worked well for me, this season i'm doing 2 power sessions a week and they seem to be going quite well for me also. the one day a week session i did front squat push press and deadlift as i felt that covered everything and i they where lifts i was able todo. one thing i would say is i don't believe in the whole maintance idea for inseason workouts i don't see how it's possible with the way our season is planned out over here. i'm pretty much season to pre-season to season to pre-season and so on, so there isn't really an off-season to work on making alot of gains that you are able to just maintain during the season.

that's good news keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the advice man and good luck to your brother, I agree it does sound a little strange that he goes to the gym with his girlfriend.

Bloody nepotism!
    Tell me about it!

Monday

Bench Press 10xbar, 30kgx8, 50kgx5, 60kgx8, 67.5kgx6, 72kgx4
    Blackburns: 15secx4x4
    Pull ups: 3x8
    a. Bent over row 23.5kg 3x15
    b. Kettlebell overhead press 16kg 3x8
    Skull crushers 23.5kg 3x12

Waiter's carrys: 12kgx20

Poor season, earlier in the week, was resting for the saturdays game but im moving teams so I wont be playing. Training hard now, being messed around has motivated me (even more) to prove them wrong. Training starts now.

Wednesday

Wednesday is normally my day off from any type of training but I was really motivated so I invited one of my friend round and we did a bench press marathon just for fun. It ended up going on for two and an half hours. I only managed to record this start....

Bench Press: 82kgx8, 82kgx10, 82kgx11, 70kgx15, 70kgx8...............................for 2hours+ until we were left with the bar.

I loved this, I was so motivated and I smashed it my chest is killing me now but really enjoyed it. Happy with the 82kgx11, shows what some motivation can do (PR)

P.S. Posting ALL training on here now including my sprint sessions etc etc

Thursday-Speedx

Warm up

5min jog/ 2min stretch
    Rhythm runs: 4x60m- 50,60,70,75% (walkback)

Activation Drills

Fast feet: 3x10m (walkback)
    Running high knees: 3x20m (walkback)
    Standing arm action: 3x15sec
    Backward running: 2x20m (walkback)

Sprints

Rhythm runs: 4x60m-70,80,90,95% (walkback)
    3pt start acceleration: 6x20m 90-100% (walkback)

Conditioning drills

Running high knees: 3x40m
    Power skips: 3x40m

Solid workouts. That bench press marathon looks rough. You should try a box squat marathon haha. But not in-season.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Solid workouts. That bench press marathon looks rough. You should try a box squat marathon haha. But not in-season.
    Haha that would be so unproductive maybe in the summer hoilday because I wouldnt be able to get out of bed for school for 3weeks.

Haha that would be so unproductive maybe in the summer hoilday because I wouldnt be able to get out of bed for school for 3weeks.
    Haha well I read of a box squat marathon that you do with a friend. You basically do a box squat with about anywhere from 50-70% of your 1rm, and you only do 2 reps at a time. but you only rest as long as it takes for your friend to do his set.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Haha well I read of a box squat marathon that you do with a friend. You basically do a box squat with about anywhere from 50-70% of your 1rm, and you only do 2 reps at a time. but you only rest as long as it takes for your friend to do his set.
    Ohh that sounds intresting I may have to give it a go sometime!

Friday-Speed&Power

Warm up

5minute cycle/ 2min stretch
    Rhythm runs: 4x60m-50,60,70,75%

Activation drills

Fast feet: 3x20m (walkback)
    Running high knees: 3x20m (walkback)
    Single leg run (fast): 2x20m (walkback)
    Wall drill (lean and switch legs): 3x10
    Power skips: 3x20m (walkback)

Acceleration drills

3pt start acceleration: 4x10m
    3pt start acceleration: 4x20m
    3pt start acceleration: 4x40m

Monday-Week1 Defrancos

Warm up

SAQ
    Dynamic stretches
    Pec minor
    Hip flexor
    Medicine ball knee jumps & throw
    Overhead medicine ball throws

A. Bench Press: Barx10, 35kgx8, 47kgx6, 65kgx5, 70kgx5, 77kgx4, 72kgx5, 67kgx5
    B. Blackburns: 2x4x10 1.25kg
    C. Side step kettlebell squats: 3x12 20kg
    D1. Bent over row: 30kg 12,15,12
    D2. DB shrugs: 24.5kg 15,15,15
    E. Core
    E1. Waiter's carrys: 16kgx20
    E2. Turkish get ups: 16kgx15
    E3. Medicine ball sit ups: 40

Starting defrancos inseason programme today with my own speed work, I will post it in a second. Found myself a training partner, we worked well together today especially on the core we carried on pushing eachother. He is an international lacrosse player with great fitness but he isnt the strongest although he is very motivated and we will help eachother meet are goals. Good sesson, really just getting used to the programme, I can increase bent over row, shrugs etcc.

Inseason programme

Monday: Upper
    Tuesday: Training (club)
    Wednesday: Speed training
    Thursday: Lower
    Friday: Speed, agility and power training
    Saturday: rest
    Sunday: Game

Not sure about doing an upper body session after a game but we will see how it goes.

Tuesday-Rugby training (club)

Pretty shocking session. Without our head coach (who is in New Zealand) the other coaches havent got a clue at one point they split the backs and forwards then told us to 'chill' for 30minutes.....

We did a few backs moves, 'chilled' then played a game.

Absolute crap.

Pretty shocking session. Without our head coach (who is in New Zealand) the other coaches havent got a clue at one point they split the backs and forwards then told us to 'chill' for 30minutes.....

We did a few backs moves, 'chilled' then played a game.

Absolute crap.
    i thought that's what backs did anyway, what are you moaning about...........